Sign in to follow this  
Wellhiya

Window dive to instant run

I’m spectating someone on the switch right now who is diving through windows and before she hits the ground instantly starts running. I’ve watched her do it like 20 times now. Anyone know how this is done? And this should probably be fixed 

20 hours ago, Armani? said:

It's called the window glitch and is fun. It was just patched on the other consoles. 

Wow hadn’t heard of it, they really need to fix that on Switch, especially since they rolled back the rage buff on Switch (this turns out to be incorrect). The Jason’s have been having a hard time on Switch based on what I’ve seen, but then that’s to be expected with a bunch of new players, I have no problem as Jason and I’m just average good, haven’t mastered advanced techniques 

edit: they didn’t take away the rage buff. He just doesn’t get it till 15min in

6 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

Wow hadn’t heard of it, they really need to fix that on Switch, especially since they rolled back the rage buff on Switch. The Jason’s have been having a hard time on Switch based on what I’ve seen, but then that’s to be expected with a bunch of new players, I have no problem as Jason and I’m just average good, haven’t mastered advanced techniques 

Jason's been having a hard time on the switch?

I been clearing lobbies lmao. Also see other jasons clear it easy as well.

8 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

I’m spectating someone on the switch right now who is diving through windows and before she hits the ground instantly starts running. I’ve watched her do it like 20 times now. Anyone know how this is done? And this should probably be fixed 

It was probably me LMAO.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

So Jason is a piñata in the switch version? Also the window bug is there to? 

Good jason's CLEAR lobbies on here bruh. 

Definitely not a pinata.

31 minutes ago, Vlone said:

Definitely not a pinata.

I know good jasons can clear lobbies lol

Definitely not a piñata? You’ll say that till you see a whole lobby ganging up on Jason for 20 minutes. 

Definitely a piñata. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

especially since they rolled back the rage buff on Switch. 

Jason can be stunned by all melee weapons after rage on the Switch? That’s interesting. I bet there will be a lot fewer Jason deaths on the Switch. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

Wow hadn’t heard of it, they really need to fix that on Switch, especially since they rolled back the rage buff on Switch. The Jason’s have been having a hard time on Switch based on what I’ve seen, but then that’s to be expected with a bunch of new players, I have no problem as Jason and I’m just average good, haven’t mastered advanced techniques 

That animation canceling really needs to be fixed... but it is apparently gone from the other platforms. Are you sure there is no rage buff on switch?... That is really weird.
   As far as advanced tactics, check out some videos of Jason using stalk... @DontZzz34 has posted a few good ones, but I am not sure which threads they are in.

11 hours ago, Vlone said:

Definitely not a pinata.

Have you been stunned with a weapon after getting into rage on switch?... Other than the shotgun of course.... or the stun that happens when you lose your mask... or bear traps. A second player to confirm there is no rage buff on switch would be good... Wellhiya was not very specific... and he is the only person I have seen mention this.

And yes, one player that has a few hours of experience can easily stun Jason over and over and over and over again... before rage kicks in. It is not hard to do. The Battle Chads used to use Jason as their own personal piñata through out the entire match before the rage buff... Jason players with enough experience using the combat system can usually slash them down pretty quick though... but new players tend to rage quit and disappear from the game forever.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

That animation canceling really needs to be fixed... but it is apparently gone from the other platforms. Are you sure there is no rage buff on switch?... That is really weird.

You’re right I tested it and he does still get the rage buff, I thought it was rolled back since he doesn’t get rage till 15 min in. I thought when they installed the buff they moved him up to 10 min in.

also thanks for the suggestions

• Like 1

@Ahab thanks for the mention. Appreciate it man

@Wellhiya if you want to see a good stalk strategy. Check out “how to ambush counselors.” You can use this same strategy for cars or other objectives to. Just flip on stalk nearby objectives people repair things and get them during a car repair, Tommy call, or cop call, etc. 

and when Jason gets rage depends on how many times counselors hit him. Also time to. If people are nice to Jason he shouldn’t get rage till about 8 minutes

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:13 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Jason can be stunned by all melee weapons after rage on the Switch? That’s interesting. I bet there will be a lot fewer Jason deaths on the Switch. 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, Ahab said:

As far as advanced tactics, check out some videos of Jason using stalk... @DontZzz34 has posted a few good ones, but I am not sure which threads they are in.

Have you been stunned with a weapon after getting into rage on switch?... Other than the shotgun of course.... or the stun that happens when you lose your mask... or bear traps. A second player to confirm there is no rage buff on switch would be good... Wellhiya was not very specific... and he is the only person I have seen mention this.

And yes, one player that has a few hours of experience can easily stun Jason over and over and over and over again... before rage kicks in. It is not hard to do. The Battle Chads used to use Jason as their own personal piñata through out the entire match before the rage buff... Jason players with enough experience using the combat system can usually slash them down pretty quick though... but new players tend to rage quit and disappear from the game forever.

After rage is activated you cannot stun jason lol.

I play on the switch too much at the moment, I love when i get rage thats when i go into full clear out mode lol.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:55 AM, DontZzz34 said:

I know good jasons can clear lobbies lol

Definitely not a piñata? You’ll say that till you see a whole lobby ganging up on Jason for 20 minutes. 

Definitely a piñata. 

Hasn't happened to me yet on the switch lol.

But i know that can happen.

2 hours ago, Vlone said:

Hasn't happened to me yet on the switch lol.

But i know that can happen.

If only you seen what happened to newer Jason’s in QP on console pre rage. Jason was a literal joke. 

Even experienced Jason’s would get their ass kicked by groups. 

Also an experienced good counselor can def give a good Jason a run for his money in a 1v1 to. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, Wellhiya said:

You’re right I tested it and he does still get the rage buff, I thought it was rolled back since he doesn’t get rage till 15 min in. I thought when they installed the buff they moved him up to 10 min in.

also thanks for the suggestions

Any damage to Jason brings rage on faster... if no one damages him, and he does not step in any bear traps... rage comes in very late in the game... The more damage he takes, the quicker he will be in rage.

3 hours ago, Vlone said:

After rage is activated you cannot stun jason lol.

I play on the switch too much at the moment, I love when i get rage thats when i go into full clear out mode lol.

Thanks... I had to ask someone else after Wellhiya said there was no rage buff... More than one perspective on any point is always good.
   The rage buff did help get rid of that one aspect of trolling... piñata parties were no fun at all for Jason players. They can still happen until you get rage, they just will not last long as the damage he takes will bring rage on much quicker... Glad to hear the piñata party is not a thing on Switch.

47 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Also an experienced good counselor can def give a good Jason a run for his money in a 1v1 to. 

I still see one player giving Jason a hard time quite often, until rage hits... The piñata parties are not extinct, just a lot more rare than they used to be.
   But some players have gotten so good with the combat system that they can fight Jason in rage for several minutes without dying, all by themselves... This is rare to see, but some are doing it. @GeneiJin is the only forums member I know of that can do this consistently, but he is not the only player I have seen doing it to one degree or another... He just the best of them.

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I still see one player giving Jason a hard time quite often, until rage hits... The piñata parties are not extinct, just a lot more rare than they used to be.
   But some players have gotten so good with the combat system that they can fight Jason in rage for several minutes without dying, all by themselves... This is rare to see, but some are doing it. @GeneiJin is the only forums member I know of that can do this consistently, but he is not the only player I have seen doing it to one degree or another... He just the best of them.

is it dodge canceling you’re talking about that he does? I’m glad I started doing that awhile ago. It’s very very op in counselor combat once you practice and get good at it as counselor

12 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

is it dodge canceling you’re talking about that he does? I’m glad I started doing that awhile ago. It’s very very op in counselor combat once you practice and get good at it as counselor

He isn't canceling attacks... unless I am missing something, and I have seen many players do that... From what I have seen, he is just using dodge VERY effectively... He is also very good at baiting and punishing missed swings and grabs. But an effective use of dodge, timing of attacks and being able to dodge quickly away from Jason's swing, landing another hit and dodging away from the swing again as Jason turns... can be very difficult to fight with Jason, even in rage. He could explain it much better than me, if he choses to... But I think a big part of it is the fact he has the timing of every animation down to a science.

I think all animations cancels should be removed from the game myself... A med spray should not work if the animation is canceled... once you swing with a weapon you are kind of committed to the swing and recovery... Sweater girl canceling the animation should release Jason as he now knows this is not his mother, but they did remove that one at least... and so on. Animation canceling is too over powered in MANY instances.

If you play enough against one player though, you see what they are doing... which makes it easier to counter... But then they know what you are going to do as well... and it turns into... I know that you know, that I know that you know that I was going to dodge to my right.
    Myself... I really have not bothered much using dodge... and I never even looked into how to cancel an animation. Its kind of like when I play a racing game and never use the brakes... You can get good at something using it differently from others in a way they think is inferior and still come out on top... but you would still do even better using all of the tools that you have access to. One day, I will practice more with dodging... but I use different tactics to demask over straight up combat.

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

He isn't canceling attacks... unless I am missing something, and I have seen many players do that... From what I have seen, he is just using dodge VERY effectively... He is also very good at baiting and punishing missed swings and grabs. But an effective use of dodge, timing of attacks and being able to dodge quickly away from Jason's swing, landing another hit and dodging away from the swing again as Jason turns... can be very difficult to fight with Jason, even in rage. He could explain it much better than me, if he choses to... But I think a big part of it is the fact he has the timing of every animation down to a science.

I think all animations cancels should be removed from the game myself... A med spray should not work if the animation is canceled... once you swing with a weapon you are kind of committed to the swing and recovery... Sweater girl canceling the animation should release Jason as he now knows this is not his mother, but they did remove that one at least... and so on. Animation canceling is too over powered in MANY instances.

If you play enough against one player though, you see what they are doing... which makes it easier to counter... But then they know what you are going to do as well... and it turns into... I know that you know, that I know that you know that I was going to dodge to my right.
    Myself... I really have not bothered much using dodge... and I never even looked into how to cancel an animation. Its kind of like when I play a racing game and never use the brakes... You can get good at something using it differently from others in a way they think is inferior and still come out on top... but you would still do even better using all of the tools that you have access to. One day, I will practice more with dodging... but I use different tactics to demask over straight up combat.

That’s what I mean by dodge canceling. Hitting then dodging right after the hit lands. 

With animation cancels. I think the devs should just get rid of some animations. Like Jason grabbing knives. It takes so long. It should just be an instant grab from the wall. And the long animation gives counselors a free hit every time. With health spray I also think counselors should be able to spray without being held in a long animation to open themselves up for a free shift grab from Jason. Getting grabbed while ur stuck spraying yourself is very annoying and you die because you couldn’t do anything about it, very stupid. Just like how being Jason and getting hit while grabbing a knife is very stupid and cheap

Attacks from either side are very cheap shots from Jason and counselors both. Eliminating some animations would solve these cheap shots from happening. 

38 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

That’s what I mean by dodge canceling. Hitting then dodging right after the hit lands. 

With animation cancels. I think the devs should just get rid of some animations. Like Jason grabbing knives. It takes so long. It should just be an instant grab from the wall. And the long animation gives counselors a free hit every time. With health spray I also think counselors should be able to spray without being held in a long animation to open themselves up for a free shift grab from Jason. Getting grabbed while ur stuck spraying yourself is very annoying and you die because you couldn’t do anything about it, very stupid. Just like how being Jason and getting hit while grabbing a knife is very stupid and cheap

Attacks from either side are very cheap shots from Jason and counselors both. Eliminating some animations would solve these cheap shots from happening. 

Oh... dodging right after a hit still makes sense, but a missed swing should not be able to be canceled.

The animation for Jason grabbing knives does make sense for a couple reasons... Jason is pretty slow... and although it does take time to roam around and gather knives, the animation is only about three seconds or so... which makes sense for grabbing it and tucking it away to... wherever he is hiding them. If there was no animation here, fourteen knives would take forty two seconds less time to gather, which gives that much time to gather more knives. It does not sound like a lot, but that is almost 1/20th of the game already at twenty minutes. This is better left in just for balance purposes in my opinion.
    The free hit kind of sucks... but I think that one is a given if someone is close enough to do it at the time... As long as Jason gets to keep the knife in his inventory.

I could go with med spray canceling if it only healed the same percentage of time taken out of the animation before it is canceled, and it should still eat the med spray... Just as an example, if you canceled the animation half way through, then you should only receive 50% of the healing... and still lose your med spray.
    Healing, particularly with the amount of med sprays in a match in the first place is over powered enough. Players have plenty of time to use a med spray in most instances, but giving a limping counselor a full heal when not using the time required to do it (the time the animation takes) is a bit too over powered... With this one, the time between Jason being able to throw a knife should also be reduced... and how to cancel the animation should be in the controller mapping and tutorial if it was meant to be there.

I have also been seeing players swinging at Jason through broken windows... This should cause double the damage to a counselor that climbing through a broken window does to them just for the attempt. Stunning Jason through a window like this needs to be removed as well for the exact same reasons as stunning him through a door was removed... If you want a stun on Jason, do it face to face... Trying to swing a weapon through a window like that would not work in real life at all and would cause SERIOUS harm to someone who was stupid enough to try it. If players want to pull stupid shit like that, it should cost them.

A player interrupting Jason's box smashing animations is also a bit ridiculous in my opinion... once the swing is started, the momentum would carry it through whether he was hit or not. This one does not happen every time, but I have had it happen to me three times in a row... which is a free call to the cops with one player guarding the box. They should still have to work for it, not have it handed to them on a silver platter.

30 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Oh... dodging right after a hit still makes sense, but a missed swing should not be able to be canceled.

The animation for Jason grabbing knives does make sense for a couple reasons... Jason is pretty slow... and although it does take time to roam around and gather knives, the animation is only about three seconds or so... which makes sense for grabbing it and tucking it away to... wherever he is hiding them. If there was no animation here, fourteen knives would take forty two seconds less time to gather, which gives that much time to gather more knives. It does not sound like a lot, but that is almost 1/20th of the game already at twenty minutes. This is better left in just for balance purposes in my opinion.
    The free hit kind of sucks... but I think that one is a given if someone is close enough to do it at the time... As long as Jason gets to keep the knife in his inventory.

I could go with med spray canceling if it only healed the same percentage of time taken out of the animation before it is canceled, and it should still eat the med spray... Just as an example, if you canceled the animation half way through, then you should only receive 50% of the healing... and still lose your med spray.
    Healing, particularly with the amount of med sprays in a match in the first place is over powered enough. Players have plenty of time to use a med spray in most instances, but giving a limping counselor a full heal when not using the time required to do it (the time the animation takes) is a bit too over powered... With this one, the time between Jason being able to throw a knife should also be reduced... and how to cancel the animation should be in the controller mapping and tutorial if it was meant to be there.

I have also been seeing players swinging at Jason through broken windows... This should cause double the damage to a counselor that climbing through a broken window does to them just for the attempt. Stunning Jason through a window like this needs to be removed as well for the exact same reasons as stunning him through a door was removed... If you want a stun on Jason, do it face to face... Trying to swing a weapon through a window like that would not work in real life at all and would cause SERIOUS harm to someone who was stupid enough to try it. If players want to pull stupid shit like that, it should cost them.

A player interrupting Jason's box smashing animations is also a bit ridiculous in my opinion... once the swing is started, the momentum would carry it through whether he was hit or not. This one does not happen every time, but I have had it happen to me three times in a row... which is a free call to the cops with one player guarding the box. They should still have to work for it, not have it handed to them on a silver platter.

No I agree missed swings shouldn’t be able to get canceled. Missed swings should remain punishable, just as Jason’s grab. That’s why trying not to miss as jason or counselor is very important. Otherwise you open yourself up to an free attack. 

Diminishing returns from animations can be game breaking. Jason gets hit with a machete or axe from buggzy and it’s a kill squad. That’s just free damage they didn’t have to work for. And that just makes killing Jason easier than it needs to be. If they kept the long animation, you say it’s 3 seconds. But it feels like forever lol. They need to at least add a invincibility frame for the animation so he can’t receive damage or stuns during it and slightly after its complete

With the health spray my opinion remains the same. I’ve been shift grabbed one too many times while healing myself, not able to do anything about it. Really annoying to me, especially if it’s against a Jason good at knives. All they gotta do is land a couple quick tosses and then they wait for you to heal, while you’re healing they shift grab you. You die. Out of the game bc you were locked in a animation not able to do anything about it. That’s just my view on it. In call of duty I seen players be able to heal themselves while moving... it makes no sense to be locked in a animation for a free attack from the opponent. 

With the power boxes and other things with counselors being able to hit you to prevent you from swinging.... to fix this they just need to let jason be able to break phone box and power boxes in combat stance.... and fix the block/swing delay. Then you can block attack, then swing. 

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If they kept the long animation, you say it’s 3 seconds. But it feels like forever lol. They need to at least add a invincibility frame for the animation so he can’t receive damage or stuns during it and slightly after its complete

Three seconds was just a guess... but there are times it seems much longer than that. I would not be against damage immunity on a hit while he is grabbing a knife... but only because of how easy it is to remove his mask already. But it is a cheap shot from behind... and those are the only hits that stun him and still make sense to me. This one almost never happens to me though... and I stop to grab a throwing knife every time I see one in ANY chase that I am in. I rarely have a player come up and stun me from behind when grabbing a knife... and if they do... I have a new target who is about to learn what a quick throw is... and how far away I can still hit them with a knife.

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ve been shift grabbed one too many times while healing myself, not able to do anything about it. Really annoying to me,

I understand your pain here... But all tasks take "X" amount of time to complete... and if you do not spend the time to complete it, it is not complete... and no one should get a full heal from a canceled healing animation... and losing the rest of the spray should be the price to pay for canceling it if any healing is done.
   Healing in Jason's face has its price... I have died this way many times too... But, looking at it from the other side... after using five throwing knives on a player with thick skin... only to have them heal and run away before I have even a slight chance to grab them is giving a bit too much to the counselors in my opinion... And this could lead to fifteen knives on one counselor that remains out in the open... and them still healing in your face and running away again. It pretty much nullifies his throwing knives... and he has a very limited supply as it is. 
   Counselors can have all the med sprays on the map gathered in the first two minutes or so.... while Jason will take much longer to grab every throwing knife on the map... and the med sprays out number the knives very quickly with even two players using medic... then add the extra knives it takes to limp someone with thick skin. There must be balance... and med spray canceling with a full heal is not balanced.
   Its not really that you were out of the game because you were locked in an animation... Jason worked to injure you... and you didn't have the time to heal and run away before he grabbed you... He did work for it... He spent the time gathering the knives, and chasing you... and hit you with the knives... and maybe missed with a few... and you had to heal without climbing through a window first. Sometimes you have no choice and have to try and heal where you are... but that is the game. Remember, we all die a lot here in Crystal Lake.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:45 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Dodge canceling kinda fell out of favor with me, it's by no means "OP".  You have to hit, if you attack up front with no stun and Jason is mashing grab you could get snatched as dodging is actually a teleport so you are still there for a few frames, consumes stamina and it has recovery at it's end point and Jason can get you if he happens to grab it that direction.   My methods is hitting Jason from the side, CS light attack with a one-handed weapon or Heavy attack -> block cancel out.  I still use dodge cancel when I feel it appropriate, but its not my go to anymore.  I've been doing this with Jenny w/o swift attacker, while the timing needs to be tight, it's an example that it's useful to all counselors.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, DontZzz34 said:

No I agree missed swings shouldn’t be able to get canceled. Missed swings should remain punishable, just as Jason’s grab. That’s why trying not to miss as jason or counselor is very important. Otherwise you open yourself up to an free attack.

Post rage and trying to find a use for those useless fireworks?  You can "swing cancel" by using them.  If you are in CS, just toggle out or run out (even though you're still in mid swing) and use those fireworks to erase a bad swing.

Diminishing returns from animations can be game breaking. Jason gets hit with a machete or axe from buggzy and it’s a kill squad. That’s just free damage they didn’t have to work for. And that just makes killing Jason easier than it needs to be. If they kept the long animation, you say it’s 3 seconds. But it feels like forever lol. They need to at least add a invincibility frame for the animation so he can’t receive damage or stuns during it and slightly after its complete

Yea, he should be temporarily immune to stun and damage coming out of any recovery.  I'm not sure why this wasn't already implemented, its a common solution in game design to avoid cheap hits.  Megaman gets hit, he is invincible for a few seconds, even to things that kill him one-hit like spikes.

With the health spray my opinion remains the same. I’ve been shift grabbed one too many times while healing myself, not able to do anything about it. Really annoying to me, especially if it’s against a Jason good at knives. All they gotta do is land a couple quick tosses and then they wait for you to heal, while you’re healing they shift grab you. You die. Out of the game bc you were locked in a animation not able to do anything about it. That’s just my view on it. In call of duty I seen players be able to heal themselves while moving... it makes no sense to be locked in a animation for a free attack from the opponent.

I think what we have now is fine, spray canceling that is.  It's not game breaking(if Jason manage to do any damage to counselor before it's heal effect is applied, it's voided) and it's available to anyone willing to learn how to do it and us it.  Besides, anything the devs decides to do will likely be worse for counselors than  how its is now.