Vlone

Jason Ranking List 2019?

On 8/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, glowing ooze said:

every jason is a monster in their own right. its all about how you play & the tactics you use.

Disagree completely.

You play as 2 or 4 you're automatically handicapping yourself before the round begins.

You can add 9 to that mix if you're playing against a kill squad. 

14 hours ago, SirMang said:

Disagree completely.

You play as 2 or 4 you're automatically handicapping yourself before the round begins.

You can add 9 to that mix if you're playing against a kill squad. 

while i can agree that some of the jasons have much better powers, i still wouldnt sell the other jasons short..

i play as all jasons. i have my favorites but i find them all to be worth playing as. even with the worst disadvantages, any jason can still wipe out a tough lobby & gain the upper hand on a kill squad. they had me by the balls a few times with J9, mask off, axe weilding tommy, sweater lady dancing.. but i still managed to take em out. sack head jason may be the easiest to demask, but the key here is avoiding that damage to begin with. if you maneuver well & play it smart, this can be done, especialy with his plus morph. my main point in the tips i provided is that those tactics work for every jason.

if somebody doesnt regularly play as a particular jason, i do agree with you. the disadvantages can weigh heavy on a player who isnt used to negitive shift, 3 traps, ect. and i'll be honest and say that if i happen to be J2 with a good kill squad around, i am sweatin it a bit! but it doesnt mean im totaly fucked, it just means i gotta be more careful. there are jasons that deal with that kinda thing better, but i feel like any jason can be killed about as easy as the next anyways. BUT i feel the same way about the counsolers too! even the best players can get caught slippin with a stealthy shift grab, thats also a power every jason has.

3 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

while i can agree that some of the jasons have much better powers, i still wouldnt sell the other jasons short..

i play as all jasons. i have my favorites but i find them all to be worth playing as. even with the worst disadvantages, any jason can still wipe out a tough lobby & gain the upper hand on a kill squad. they had me by the balls a few times with J9, mask off, axe weilding tommy, sweater lady dancing.. but i still managed to take em out. sack head jason may be the easiest to demask, but the key here is avoiding that damage to begin with. if you maneuver well & play it smart, this can be done, especialy with his plus morph. my main point in the tips i provided is that those tactics work for every jason.

if somebody doesnt regularly play as a particular jason, i do agree with you. the disadvantages can weigh heavy on a player who isnt used to negitive shift, 3 traps, ect. and i'll be honest and say that if i happen to be J2 with a good kill squad around, i am sweatin it a bit! but it doesnt mean im totaly fucked, it just means i gotta be more careful. there are jasons that deal with that kinda thing better, but i feel like any jason can be killed about as easy as the next anyways. BUT i feel the same way about the counsolers too! even the best players can get caught slippin with a stealthy shift grab, thats also a power every jason has.

J9 is the easiest to demask. He has lower hp which puts him even with J2 and J6. He becomes easiest due to his stun resistance. You'll take more overall damage as J9 because of this.

7 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

J9 is the easiest to demask. He has lower hp which puts him even with J2 and J6. He becomes easiest due to his stun resistance. You'll take more overall damage as J9 because of this.

thats why J9 has that super shift & that smooth stalk. you can throw it into stalk & shift in from such a far distance that theyll never see it comin. with J2 & J9, you have to avoid fighting a group all at once because of the health disadvantage. you cant risk taking any extra damage like J3 or J4. when you have a negitive stat, you have to play your positive stats to counter the disadvantage. or just try not to fuck up 😅

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

thats why J9 has that super shift & that smooth stalk. you can throw it into stalk & shift in from such a far distance that theyll never see it comin. with J2 & J9, you have to avoid fighting a group all at once because of the health disadvantage. you cant risk taking any extra damage like J3 or J4. when you have a negitive stat, you have to play your positive stats to counter the disadvantage. or just try not to fuck up 😅

Problem is you take one axe shot from a Buggzy running Thrasher as J9, your mask is off. 

You can do all the blocking you want, Buggzy has crackers and gets you, he has that free shot.  Someone can come in and shoot you, he has that free shot.  You don't notice a Buggzy while you're grabbing a throwing knife, he has that free shot. 

It doesn't require you fucking up, as you put it, to be screwed and demasked in the first minute of a round. 

26 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Problem is you take one axe shot from a Buggzy running Thrasher as J9, your mask is off. 

You can do all the blocking you want, Buggzy has crackers and gets you, he has that free shot.  Someone can come in and shoot you, he has that free shot.  You don't notice a Buggzy while you're grabbing a throwing knife, he has that free shot. 

It doesn't require you fucking up, as you put it, to be screwed and demasked in the first minute of a round. 

Basically this.

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

its true, good ol buggzy can dish out the punishment. J9 can lose the mask easily to a buggzy, but how many more hits does he need for any other jason? two? so really, the low HP jasons arent at too big a disadvantage compaired to other jasons with higher HP. depends on how ya play it, ya dont have to fight buggzy right away. definatly dont fight buggzy when hes got his friends with him. or dont fight buggzy at all, sneak up on his ass. plus, its not over til its over. mask comes off in the first minute, you can still avoid eating the slop before the slaughter.

avoiding cheap shots is a big part of playin it smart. never just run up to grab a knife without doin a 360 camera spin. always be aware of your suroundings. combat attack over button prompt for doors & windows. fresh off a firecracker stun, jason does have a split second to grab the waiting attacker, even when they stand right behind you. i do that all the time. move the camera around while in stun & see where theyre standing, lean that stick in the direction & grab soon as youre free.

what do you think of part 7? id have to say thats my favorite jason.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, Vlone said:

Dude....that shit happens to me as well. BUT WORSE!

What does it mean when you go to morph to somewhere and IT DOESN'T LET YOU MORPH!? It just makes a buzzing sound? I swear its happen and made a car get away for me before.

the buzzing is a spot you cant morph to. lately ive noticed if the buzz sounds, you have to close the map out & redo it or it wont let you morph...must be....a glitch!

this problem has cost me some murders 😐

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I am going to continue working with him. I could be wrong in my approach. My main thing has been knocking out the power and grabbing knives early. 

My personal favorite for this is Packanack. That run by the lodge has so many knives.  

Whichever strategy works for you is the best strategy to go with... Part IV is easy to put pressure on players with, but when you have no throwing knives... that -Shift is much easier to notice as a weakness... I play the way I do because I find it amusing to let them get a false sense of security early on... I am VERY used to Part IV though... and my friends know what I am up to anyway... it is really the randoms that get the false sense of security.

That run at Packanck has the greatest density of throwing knives of any of the maps.... starting at the light post to the west along the path and working its way right up the main road... and one knife on the back porch of the lodge. This is the quickest any Jason will pick up a good number of knives... and that is the best part about Packanack, large or small... but there will always be a few less knives on the small map in my experience.

I can't go for the power first... one of my friends will get the cops called before I get back to it... Probably one with "My Dad's a Cop"... making for some very short matches at 3:40 for the count down with that legendary perk... I have a few friends with a legendary version that makes it that short, but I have never seen a countdown shorter than that yet. The cops to me are the biggest point of pressure with the people I play with most often... When the warning goes off that they were called, I assume the countdown will be short... and the lid is on the pressure cooker.
    I do go for the power after I trap the fuse box, but I go for the boxes closest to the cars to discourage very early car escapes as I do not trap cars... But on those rare occasions they get both cars going before I get my first shift... well, that just means the counselors were working VERY well as a team and deserved the escapes. I want them to get a car going, I just don't want them to do it before I get my first shift... because I want to have an actual chance to stop it... and if they get by me with a car after I have shift... they earned that escape as well.
    I worry about Tommy only when I need to worry about Tommy... even if I know there is a kill squad on the prowl.

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Whichever strategy works for you is the best strategy to go with... Part IV is easy to put pressure on players with, but when you have no throwing knives... that -Shift is much easier to notice as a weakness... I play the way I do because I find it amusing to let them get a false sense of security early on... I am VERY used to Part IV though... and my friends know what I am up to anyway... it is really the randoms that get the false sense of security.

That run at Packanck has the greatest density of throwing knives of any of the maps.... starting at the light post to the west along the path and working its way right up the main road... and one knife on the back porch of the lodge. This is the quickest any Jason will pick up a good number of knives... and that is the best part about Packanack, large or small... but there will always be a few less knives on the small map in my experience.

I can't go for the power first... one of my friends will get the cops called before I get back to it... Probably one with "My Dad's a Cop"... making for some very short matches at 3:40 for the count down with that legendary perk... I have a few friends with a legendary version that makes it that short, but I have never seen a countdown shorter than that yet. The cops to me are the biggest point of pressure with the people I play with most often... When the warning goes off that they were called, I assume the countdown will be short... and the lid is on the pressure cooker.
    I do go for the power after I trap the fuse box, but I go for the boxes closest to the cars to discourage very early car escapes as I do not trap cars... But on those rare occasions they get both cars going before I get my first shift... well, that just means the counselors were working VERY well as a team and deserved the escapes. I want them to get a car going, I just don't want them to do it before I get my first shift... because I want to have an actual chance to stop it... and if they get by me with a car after I have shift... they earned that escape as well.
    I worry about Tommy only when I need to worry about Tommy... even if I know there is a kill squad on the prowl.

I hit the power box closest to the phone first. Assuming it within a reasonable distance. Then I hit the boxes closest to a car. I like to build that early fear. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I hit the power box closest to the phone first. Assuming it within a reasonable distance. Then I hit the boxes closest to a car. I like to build that early fear. 

Early fear is great... but not trapping that fuse box leads to the call too early for me in too many matches. I will kill all of the power boxes as quickly as I can, just not first... It is always funny to see Vanessa stumbling around in fear already when you see her the first time... It makes for a very short chase.

45 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Early fear is great... but not trapping that fuse box leads to the call too early for me in too many matches. I will kill all of the power boxes as quickly as I can, just not first... It is always funny to see Vanessa stumbling around in fear already when you see her the first time... It makes for a very short chase.

If it's a decent distance away I will do the phone box first instead. 

Whoever made this thread must be mentally ill.

There are no new Jasons , no new features , abilities , nothing.

This list would be the exact list from 2018 , if there is one...

30 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

Whoever made this thread must be mentally ill.

There are no new Jasons , no new features , abilities , nothing.

This list would be the exact list from 2018 , if there is one...

Metas shift for a variety of reasons. While it wouldn't likely be a drastic change there can be one. Also this gives new people a chance to weigh in.

21 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

its true, good ol buggzy can dish out the punishment.

what do you think of part 7? id have to say thats my favorite jason.

Good ol Buggzy is gonna fuck up any Jason's day.  The difference between J9 and say J3, since so many love using him, is it only takes one lucky heavy attack from Buggzy to take that mask off.  Meanwhile if you're J3, that one lucky heavy attack won't demask you.  Why I don't like J9 and think he's terrible for taking on kill squads is because a stiff breeze off the cool waters of Crystal Lake and that mask is flying off.  LOL

Part 7 is in a good place right now.  Prior to him getting reworked he was the worst Jason choice.  I'd put him middle of the pack but that lack of traps is hard to play contain for the round.  Although you can technically ignore trapping the cars because his neutral shift makes stopping the cars easy...if you don't get someone running NoS and understands how to use their mini-map. 

The problem for Jason, all of them, is that the game is slanted so far in the counselors direction.  Killing any Jason is too easy.  Driving circles around any Jason is too easy.  Getting the cops called is too easy, once you figure out as a counselor spawn points for objective items.  The only method of "winning" that isn't too easy is the boat against a + water speed Jason but if I'm in a lobby and there's a boat and a Part 7 or 8, I'm not even bothering with the boat.  It's a death trap.  You get a Part 2 or 4 and you can drive the boat around for 10 minutes with no fear of being caught.  Meanwhile people will give you this "oh, when I'm 2 or 4 I just play goalie of the exit" story.  Problem is you can sit there at the exit waiting forever and if I'm driving the boat, I'll put the boat sideways and just stare at the mini-map and wait for you to make a move.  If you don't make a move, well you got a bunch of counselors on land doing whatever they want.  Eventually as Jason, in that situation, you have to do something or else I'm gonna survive the night sitting in the boat and whoever is on the land still is either gonna survive the night/drive a car out/get the cops called. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, glowing ooze said:

the buzzing is a spot you cant morph to. lately ive noticed if the buzz sounds, you have to close the map out & redo it or it wont let you morph...must be....a glitch!

this problem has cost me some murders 😐

Yea I don’t think it’s because you can’t morph there but, a glitch that happens at worst possible time. I kno it’s a glitch because when it happened to me first I tried to morph to the car and still got that buzz. You’re right tho close map and morph again. It really sucks that the players that escaped don’t kno what happened haha 

On 8/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, SirMang said:

Why I don't like J9 and think he's terrible for taking on kill squads is because a stiff breeze off the cool waters of Crystal Lake and that mask is flying off.  LOL

hilarious.

i think part 9 isnt too bad against a kill squad. i see what ya mean with his slow ass & low HP, but hes got great powers to counter that. i will not argue with you about the ease of a jason kill on any jason, but some players can just kick more ass with a so called "shit ball jason".

the best imo are part 8 part 3 & part 7. i dont know why they made part 8 so bad ass... his movie sucked !

Personally I think part 4 is a well designed Jason, he’s a Jason with clear strengths and weaknesses. That’s how all Jason’s should be.

The problem with part 4 Jason is other Jason’s with no weaknesses. 

Part 3,8 are actually poorly designed Jason’s. Their too easy to use, and have no negatives. 

Too buff part 4 is simple. Nerf parts 3,8

hear me out

. - sense should actually be a crippling weakness. - sense Jason’s shouldn’t be able to cancel sense, so they have to do a full cool down. Also reduce the area of sense significantly even in Rage.

- stun needs to actually be noticeable. Perhaps add an extra 1-2 seconds of stun time, and make getting free from traps or sitting back up much more difficult. Think of it as chad trying to escape Jasons grab.

- grab is almost a throwaway weakness, and should be replaced with something else. A new weakness. -grab is a perfect example to the poor balance choices the developers have made.

I know this may not be a popular opinion to nerf 2 of the most used Jason’s, but it’s a very poor design choice from the developers to have made Jason’s as good as 3 and 8, as they simply become the gold standard that every other Jason is compared to.

• Thanks 1

Keeping it short I still think part 8 is the best. Maybe Savini is better but I don't have him so I wouldn't know 😞

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

Personally I think part 4 is a well designed Jason, he’s a Jason with clear strengths and weaknesses. That’s how all Jason’s should be.

Part 3,8 are actually poorly designed Jason’s. Their too easy to use, and have no negatives. 

hear me out

. - sense should actually be a crippling weakness. - sense Jason’s shouldn’t be able to cancel sense, so they have to do a full cool down. Also reduce the area of sense significantly even in Rage.

- stun needs to actually be noticeable. Perhaps add an extra 1-2 seconds of stun time, and make getting free from traps or sitting back up much more difficult. Think of it as chad trying to escape Jasons grab.

- grab is almost a throwaway weakness, and should be replaced with something else. A new weakness. -grab is a perfect example to the poor balance choices the developers have made.

I know this may not be a popular opinion to nerf 2 of the most used Jason’s, but it’s a very poor design choice from the developers to have made Jason’s as good as 3 and 8, as they simply become the gold standard that every other Jason is compared to.

Agreed completely. I grow bored seeing level 150s run 3, 8, Roy and Savini. I get bored playing with them when I randomly get them due to the random Jason/Counselor bug. But asking them to play non meta Jasons would be like asking people to stop playing Vanessa. Not gonna happen.

The inconsistencies in the strengths and weaknesses leave a lot to be desired. Some of them are cooldown weaknesses only. Others provide crippling weakness beyond a cooldown. Same for the strengths.

My best guess is the devs just dropped the ball during development. Like all the stock put into hiding that never paid off (on counselor side) or they wanted the playerbase to have a couple of Jasons they can use and get used to how he plays. Parts 3 and 8 are those types of Jasons. One a runner, the other a walker. You can play a couple of rounds as those Jasons and get comfortable with a good shift, 5 traps and things like destruction, stalk or weapon strength.

Its things like this that could be tweaked or altered to give new life to the game. But you know, bug fixes and new bugs from the fixes.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Agreed completely. I grow bored seeing level 150s run 3, 8, Roy and Savini. I get bored playing with them when I randomly get them due to the random Jason/Counselor bug.

The inconsistencies in the strengths and weaknesses leave a lot to be desired. Some of them are cooldown weaknesses only. Others provide crippling weakness beyond a cooldown. Same for the strengths.

My best guess is the devs just dropped the ball during development. Like all the stock put into hiding that never paid off (on counselor side) or they wanted the playerbase to have a couple of Jasons they can use and get used to how he plays. Parts 3 and 8 are those types of Jasons. One a runner, the other a walker. You can play a couple of rounds as those Jasons and get comfortable with a good shift, 5 traps and things like destruction, stalk or weapon strength.

Yeah me too, it’s boring playing those Jason’s.

we probably would of never needed a part 7 buff if part 3,8 had actual weaknesses. Part 7 +sense would of been a highly regarded ability, if part 3,8 -sense was actually a weakness.

I always assumed -shift was designed to keep part 2 Jason from being too OP and they applied it to part 7 without really putting much thought into it.

10 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Yeah me too, it’s boring playing those Jason’s.

we probably would of never needed a part 7 buff if part 3,8 had actual weaknesses. Part 7 +sense would of been a highly regarded ability, if part 3,8 -sense was actually a weakness.

I always assumed -shift was designed to keep part 2 Jason from being too OP and they applied it to part 7 without really putting much thought into it.

Yep.

Things like Sense, Stun Resistance, Grip Strength could've all made more dynamic, so they actually served their purpose as a strength, neutral or weakness rather than being what feels like throwaway

For instance.

+Grip = Harder to break out (default behavior now), can tank one pocket knife and still hold the counselor, damages the counselor like weapon strength on a per grab/grab length basis

Neutral Grip = Does damage, but can't tank a pocket knife or hold them longer

-Grip = Doesn't do damage, doesn't tank knives and counselors can break out even faster than seen now...thus Savini and 8 would have a real solid weakness

+Sense = Longer Duration, Quicker cooldown, quicker radius expansion and ability to cancel...thus a real strength

Neutral = Average duration, average cooldown, no ability to cancel

-Sense = Short Duration, Longer cooldown, slower radius expansion and no ability to cancel....thus a real weakness now

+Stun Resistance = Weapons break instantly when hit, including guaranteed stun weapons, also harder to stun, even shorter duration when stunned, say a stun takes 2-3 seconds max

Neutral = Weapons don't break instantly, normal stun duration

-Stun Resistance = Weapons last longer when hit, regardless of the weapon, also easier to stun, longer stun duration like it was during one of those absurd patches, like 10 seconds or so, also harder to break out of traps

But at this point. Everything with this game moves at a turtle pace. Fact its been way throughout the game's cycle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

hear me out

I'd rather see the weaknesses be made less hindering. I know people can do fine with the lower tier Jason's. But if they were going to make any changes it should be making them stronger. Not the others weaker.

The problem is several of the weaknesses are meaningless.

- grip strength, - stun resistance, - sense, - stalk, can't run all are meaningless. 

Most of the time as Jason you're killing people as fast as possible in grab and not walking them around the map.

All Jasons are pinatas until rage.

Sense spam.

Stalk lasts the same amount of time for all Jasons, - stalk just makes the cooldown longer.

Can't run?  Does that even need an explanation why it doesn't matter? 

Then you get to the glaring weaknesses like less traps and - shift...both of which are huge hindrances and handicaps to a successful Jason round.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'd rather see the weaknesses be made less hindering. I know people can do fine with the lower tier Jason's. But if they were going to make any changes it should be making them stronger. Not the others weaker.

Well overall I do think Jason needs a buff. Mainly regarding HP and stalk.

The problem with buffing the low tier Jason’s  mainly regarding- shift and - traps is every Jason will play the same. And we risk losing variety and play styles,

as a councillor I play differently going against a part 6 compared to part 2

I think all strengths and weaknesses need to be re-evaluated.