Here are a list of Nintendo Switch bugs i've encountered:

- Opening cinematics not playing

- Random Counselor Glitch

- Choppy Framerate at times

- Emotes not saving (for tiffany cox atleast)

- Weird walking controls (when just normal running it randomly goes to walking) (not sprinting, running)

- and I believe environmental kills are still bugged but I know that is being looked into.

27 minutes ago, ayeshaerotica said:

Here are a list of Nintendo Switch bugs i've encountered:

- Opening cinematics not playing

- Random Counselor Glitch

- Choppy Framerate at times

- Emotes not saving (for tiffany cox atleast)

- Weird walking controls (when just normal running it randomly goes to walking) (not sprinting, running)

- and I believe environmental kills are still bugged but I know that is being looked into.

Cinematics we'll have to investigate. Support may have already seen reports, but this is the first for me personally.

Random Counselor is a known issue dealing with late joins to the lobby. Team will investigate across all platforms.

Framerate could be down to hardware, but I'd need to investigate a bit further.

Emotes not saving has been reported to support earlier today!

Environmental kills is another known issue that is high on our list in terms of priorities.

I saved the sticks issue for last because there is a bit of a misunderstanding with this one. The sticks on a Switch behaving as players are reporting is not a bug, rather it is a characteristic of the hardware. When using the left thumbstick for movement and the right thumbstick for steering, the character moves as normally expected. The zones in the stick travel on Switch create the behavior you're seeing when using left thumbstick for movement AND steering combined.

That said, the team can definitely at least investigate to see if there is any options for us there. I'll report back after we have those talks internally.

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Cinematics we'll have to investigate. Support may have already seen reports, but this is the first for me personally.

Random Counselor is a known issue dealing with late joins to the lobby. Team will investigate across all platforms.

Environmental kills is another known issue that is high on our list in terms of priorities.

I saved the sticks issue for last because there is a bit of a misunderstanding with this one. The sticks on a Switch behaving as players are reporting is not a bug, rather it is a characteristic of the hardware. When using the left thumbstick for movement and the right thumbstick for steering, the character moves as normally expected. The zones in the stick travel on Switch create the behavior you're seeing when using left thumbstick for movement AND steering combined.

That said, the team can definitely at least investigate to see if there is any options for us there. I'll report back after we have those talks internally.

got it. thanks for the reply. :) 

and the intro cutscene not playing doesn't always happen but I have seen it happen a lot of times. also with the random counselor thing it happens to me during the main menu could be linked to emotes not saving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Thank you very much for the update on that specific issue.  I think it really confuses players because other third-person games that use the left joystick for both movement and steering/direction do not have that issue.  I hope the developers do everything they can to investigate and solve that on their end, because as I'm sure you've seen on the forums here, many players find it detrimental to the game's playability and 'enjoyability'.  I truly hope it will be fixed.  Looking forward to hearing an update on it!

11 minutes ago, omfgg said:

Thank you very much for the update on that specific issue.  I think it really confuses players because other third-person games that use the left joystick for both movement and steering/direction do not have that issue.  I hope the developers do everything they can to investigate and solve that on their end, because as I'm sure you've seen on the forums here, many players find it detrimental to the games playability and 'enjoyability'.  I truly hope it will be fixed.  Looking forward to hearing an update on it!

well said! like when i'm out of stamina and i'm running away from jason it automatically makes me walk and die lmao. so I hope something gets changed.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

If i steer diagonally on PS4/Xbox, my player jogs without walking. That’s without touching the right stick.

But if I jog on my Switch, and it goes diagonally at all, the player starts to walk..I tested it last night. I also play with a Pro Controller. 

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Did the issue have anything to do with keeping the walk AND jog options on the stick? I would gladly take all jog and no walk if it meant getting full control back. 

Mind you, I have no idea how complicated any of this is. I’m just talking out of my rear, but if there was maybe an option to opt out of walking and dedicate the full range of movement on the stick to all-direction jogging, I think gameplay would take a substantially smaller hit across the board. 

I had just accepted that this was unchangeable, but the end of your post made me feel incredibly hopeful that something at least has a shot at being done here. I really appreciate the back and forth with us on this and we REALLY hope you guys can work your magic on this one.  

A "hack" that I've found that has fixed both the cutscene and changing your character problem is as follows...

When you are in the lobby section, change your character (I do this everytime now). Then change again to the character you want to play as. So again, even if it's on the characters you want to play as, change it anyways, then change it back. For me anyways, this has fixed both the random character glitch and the no cutscene glitch (I think they are related). 

11 hours ago, Daddy said:

A "hack" that I've found that has fixed both the cutscene and changing your character problem is as follows...

When you are in the lobby section, change your character (I do this everytime now). Then change again to the character you want to play as. So again, even if it's on the characters you want to play as, change it anyways, then change it back. For me anyways, this has fixed both the random character glitch and the no cutscene glitch (I think they are related). 

Ah thank you. It's still pretty annoying and should of been fixed before the game came out considering this is a very obvious glitch lol.

4 hours ago, ayeshaerotica said:

Ah thank you. It's still pretty annoying and should of been fixed before the game came out considering this is a very obvious glitch lol.

It doesn't work everytime, but if you are diligent, and don't let your character get changed to "random," it works most of the time. 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, mattshotcha said:

For what it's worth, I'm joining as the second or third person in a lobby and still getting the Random Counselor glitch. It also seems my Random is defaulting to the same person (I choose Vanessa and get AJ every time). Has happened three times now. Three different map.

Edit: Unrelated to above post, but a glitch nonetheless... I'm not getting my Double XP every match either. I played a few Offline Bots rounds and should have gotten around 2k XP and only got 1k...

Edit again: There's also a lot of violent convulsing during special kill animations. Noticed this on Packanack Small. Part II Jason.