Sign in to follow this  
SteadyGosling

Unreleased Emotes on Switch, RELEASE THEM TO ALL PLATFORMS

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Once was enough.

But you know what this means now right? If physical copies of Switch F13 shipped with those files, then they are going to get shared and hacked and who knows what that could do to the game.

You say that, yet here we are, with more replies accusing us of just "not feelin' like" doing it.

We're aware, and are going to do what we can to fix this up with our next patch. However, we don't want to burn a rapid patch just for this, so we're letting the Switch build live in the wild for a bit and we can then address any issues that crop up in the same patch as the emote removal.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

LITERALLY, cannot.

It’s all good brother, I was just joining in on the fun. I definitely understand your position on this or any other new content. 

PS. Seems the Switch launch is going well other than that little hiccup. 

• Like 2

hmmm what i'm not getting is why they can't be released onto the playstation 4 and xbox one? i mean obviously they are already in the game files...? it's not adding new content it's adding existing content?

it's also funny that this is the only post that the team care about and not the 15000 other bugs the switch version has such as the jogging glitch, emotes not working properly, and random counselors...

• Thanks 1

My question is, isn’t this existing content being released??? How is it new content if it’s already there? 

Also if it is new content that was released would gun be facing legal action? Since they are not allowed to release new content?

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s all good brother, I was just joining in on the fun. I definitely understand your position on this or any other new content. 

PS. Seems the Switch launch is going well other than that little hiccup. 

It is! We're keeping an eye on a few things here and there, but we'll have a fuller picture of where the Switch build is after a full weekend with players in.

3 minutes ago, ayeshaerotica said:

hmmm what i'm not getting is why they can't be released onto the playstation 4 and xbox one? i mean obviously they are already in the game files...? it's not adding new content it's adding existing content?

Because it did not exist prior to the situation affecting the game and content halt.

2 minutes ago, ayeshaerotica said:

it's also funny that this is the only post that the team care about and not the 15000 other bugs the switch version has such as the jogging glitch, emotes not working properly, and random counselors...

It's not the only post, as I have been trying to keep up in the patch notes thread with a focus there, really. But this needed to be addressed. As for bugs, the team is working on a fresh look at our existing list, and we'll be reviewing and prioritizing accordingly. Currently, the team is taking a more specified, focused approach to our patching plans so as to be sure to tackle things with the focus and attention they require. At this point, a lot of what is being seen in the game is deep in the code and super tricky to start poking around in. We are going to err on the side of caution with our patching plans and not bite off more than can be chewed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got it! I'm just very passionate about the game and want to see it thrive on the switch. i hope you guys are aware of the glitches listed above :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

My question is, isn’t this existing content being released??? How is it new content if it’s already there? 

Also if it is new content that was released would gun be facing legal action? Since they are not allowed to release new content?

Because it was never officially launched, and should not have been now.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can say this, we need to remove it in order to be in compliance with the situation regarding content in F13.

you need to remove it but you aren't in a hurry, is that what i'm seeing?

• Like 1

Can I ask the obvious question as to why these were never released? If they were finished why weren't they included when Victoria was added in the game? 

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I can say this, we need to remove it in order to be in compliance with the situation regarding content in F13.

Well thank you for the replies, and for clearing everything up, as sad I am about the situation, if it means that we can keep the game out of legal troubles, I’m all down for patching them out.

im just confused on why some of these emotes never made it to release, were they going to be a pack that was never released? Or were they just cancelled?

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

You say that, yet here we are, with more replies accusing us of just "not feelin' like" doing it. 

I mean rather than say "literally cannot" 3 times in a row in the same post, just say it once to all it refers to.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

It is! We're keeping an eye on a few things here and there, but we'll have a fuller picture of where the Switch build is after a full weekend with players in.

Because it did not exist prior to the situation affecting the game and content halt.

It's not the only post, as I have been trying to keep up in the patch notes thread with a focus there, really. But this needed to be addressed. As for bugs, the team is working on a fresh look at our existing list, and we'll be reviewing and prioritizing accordingly. Currently, the team is taking a more specified, focused approach to our patching plans so as to be sure to tackle things with the focus and attention they require. At this point, a lot of what is being seen in the game is deep in the code and super tricky to start poking around in. We are going to err on the side of caution with our patching plans and not bite off more than can be chewed.

So you're saying you guys made new emotes after the lawsuit affected content???

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

No. He’s saying they didn’t get released before the lawsuit. 

It's ust such a murky situation. Ghost Jason in the mobile game and 3 NECA figures released after the lawsuit stoppage. I assumed that stuff that was already in development at the time was still good to go. 

I mean look..

People make mistakes, but this isn't the first time unreleased content has either made its way into the game or in a trailer. Far from it.

Bottom line. I'm no fan of the emotes, but considering those emotes were around and shown in the Pinehurst trailer. They should've been in the game way back then. Why is AJ dancing around with them in the trailer and the challenges that came later if they 'aren't ready'? I could go on and on further back but I'll stop there. Its false advertising really.

Its things like that continue to pile up on the distrust and gasoline on the already lit fire many in the community have towards the team and the company. The only way that changes is if the team actually compiles a few successful patches in a row, because to this point. They haven't even done that really and with no new content in the horizon, its the only way you'll change public opinion. Many will take whatever you give them at face value (like porting the game to a new system) or just showing 'love' on twitter or twitch, but many won't and don't forget about what they've been handed consistently since launch. The lawsuit has NOTHING TO DO with the quality of fixes we've gotten since the beginning.

• Thanks 1

If people refuse to listen to what Matt is telling them, this thread will be locked. Shit happens from time to time and this situation will be promptly rectified as Matt has stated.

Playing 20 questions about why X, Y and Z can't happen isn't going to get you anywhere. The official standpoint is content cannot resume and that's the end of it. Matt and the team have had to say this so many times that it's surprising me that people still refuse to accept it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatic said:

It's ust such a murky situation. Ghost Jason in the mobile game and 3 NECA figures released after the lawsuit stoppage. I assumed that stuff that was already in development at the time was still good to go. 

They way I understand it, if they had approval of a product and it was in development, it was okay to go.

What’s making it so hard to understand for some people is, in that logic you would think Jason X and Grendel would fall under that cloud. The creator of the mobile game had Ghost Jason “complete” before the lawsuit stopped them. Therefore they were in the clear to release him. Jason X was not “complete”. I guess NECA and other companies only had to present an idea and get the approval?

• Haha 1

Can not, will not, doesn't matter.  At the end of the day it's all one in the same to us, the players.  

This game will never receive any new content intentionally from Gun or Black Tower.  

They make plenty of snafus and mistakes so we may get "new" content briefly in one of their patches that somehow sneaks in.  But they won't give us said content on purpose.  And whatever that "new" content is will be patched out.  I'm shocked they're not doing a quick patch because of legal ramifications however. 

Why people don't understand this baffles me. 

Here's to hoping we can at least get a new Friday movie in the 20s decade. 

14 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

They wouldn't have the resources to do more mocap for emotes. Oh wait, I read that wrong. They mocaped all that back when they were making kills for single player challenges. 

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Matt and the team have had to say this so many times that it's surprising me that people still refuse to accept it.

I think those people need something to help them sleep at night, knowing all that poor unreleased content is indefinitely locked up in solitary confinement.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

Here's to hoping we can at least get a new Friday movie in the 20s decade. 

2025 sounds like a good year for a new F13 movie. That would be the 45th anniversary of the franchise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

2025 sounds like a good year for a new F13 movie. That would be the 45th anniversary of the franchise.

Gonna be rough since it'll be 16 years since the last one was released at that point. 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:19 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

future patch

Patches are bug fixes. Not additions to the game. That's called a "REL" or "release" when additions are made to the software/program.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Gonna be rough since it'll be 16 years since the last one was released at that point.

We've been waiting this long, so it won't hurt to wait some more.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, mattshotcha said:

Sad face everywhere.....