On 8/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

Does something like that count as new content though?

As it's something that does not exist in the game, I would say yes it's new content.

Kinda like the other idea people have had of just free roam of the maps as counselors for exploration purposes.  Probably a good thing that never happen tbh, can you imagine how many more glitches/exploits probably would have been discovered.  lol 

We LOVE this game. As a matter of fact we (my family) bought 2 new switches today and 2 new copies of the game. We want to play 3 players (my wife, daughter, and myself). So look out for us in the lobbies, because we will be playing together!!! We all have earbuds with mics, so we can coordinate our attacks. 

Yes the game isn't perfect, but it's a lot of fun, and a unique gaming experience. 

Bummed to just discover you can't even play Offline Bots on the Switch without a Wi-Fi connection...

11 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Bummed to just discover you can't even play Offline Bots on the Switch without a Wi-Fi connection...

Wow... really? Well, I just decided to not buy a Switch Lite especially for this game like I was going to do. I thought the Switch version would have offline saves.

14 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

Wow... really? Well, I just decided to not buy a Switch Lite especially for this game like I was going to do. I thought the Switch version would have offline saves.

Nope. Hopped in the car and as we were pulling out of the driveway, my Offline Bots game disconnected. Total bummer, was looking forward to a grind session during this road trip. <_<

So much for "Offline Bots"...

Just now, Tiffany said:

Nope. Hopped in the car and as we were pulling out of the driveway, my Offline Bots game disconnected. Total bummer, was looking forward to a grind session during this road trip. <_<

You know, I don't really understand the way they promoted the game: "Kill counselors on the go" when you are still dependent on Wi-Fi.

That's not true. What you have to do is put it in airplane mode, then you can play offline fine. When playing offline bots, I dont think you get any XP or CP though. With the challenges, you DO get the XP and CP once you get back online. 

My internet went out yesterday for a few hours, and I figured out this world around. 

30 minutes ago, Daddy said:

That's not true. What you have to do is put it in airplane mode, then you can play offline fine. When playing offline bots, I dont think you get any XP or CP though. With the challenges, you DO get the XP and CP once you get back online. 

My internet went out yesterday for a few hours, and I figured out this world around. 

Good to know! Big bummer that you won't get XP/CP though. Not sure why it would be like that or why the need to do some unintuitive method to make the game work.

22 hours ago, Daddy said:

So you can actually play the things offline that you've achieved online? For example: if I become level 10 online and I would sit in the car without any internet connection, you'll stay level 10 and can play all the kills you unlocked?

2 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

So you can actually play the things offline that you've achieved online? For example: if I become level 10 online and I would sit in the car without any internet connection, you'll stay level 10 and can play all the kills you unlocked?

Ya, I had all my Jason's unlocked offline in airplane mode.

How did you get that working? It doesn't save that locally? You had no internet. When starting the game right? Went into offline mode. At level zero right? And your Jason's were unlocked? If you signed in first this is why they were unlocked I'm guessing. As far as has been stated while offline. All content locked there is no offline grinding, at least while truly having no connection.

3 hours ago, Mdw22 said:

How did you get that working? It doesn't save that locally? You had no internet. When starting the game right? Went into offline mode. At level zero right? And your Jason's were unlocked? If you signed in first this is why they were unlocked I'm guessing. As far as has been stated while offline. All content locked there is no offline grinding, at least while truly having no connection.

No, my internet was DOWN when we got up the other morning, and didn't come back until 6 or so that night. So all day I played offline, in airplane mode, and had all my counselors. It didn't say I was a level anything, but I still had all my Jasons.

Right, but I'm wondering. At any point before your internet was down had you already signed in, or had the software running from before? If so you are the only person I've ever seen get that working, and a ton of people can't get this option working. There's plenty of threads on it. To test can you turn your switch to airplane mode, power cycle it off, then turn it on. While still in airplane mode. Go-to the offline menu and see if they are still unlocked?

On 8/21/2019 at 1:35 AM, Daddy said:

No, my internet was DOWN when we got up the other morning, and didn't come back until 6 or so that night. So all day I played offline, in airplane mode, and had all my counselors. It didn't say I was a level anything, but I still had all my Jasons.

Have you tried it yet? I'm still curious how you had that working when no one else has.