So F13th came out on the switch, What are y'alls thoughts on the game being ported to the Nintendo Switch? Gameplay, Graphics wise? What I've seen is that when loading into the lobby screen after loading screen disappears, match start countdown starts instantly. Also the menu music is delayed when it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds.

I watched 2 hours of Gameplay.

It has dedicated Servers which is huge probably one of the only switch games with that and in game voice chat. 

No frame dips at all online it runs very well. I personally would love to try it

But another thing is that it lacks Party features. You can join somebody else's game but you can't setup a Party and go into Quickplay.

Graphics are pretty good albeit way darker, even darker than before. Or maybe I'm used to 3 points up in the contrast

It also has new content not seen on the other platforms such as unreleased emotes.

No Uber/Grendel though. He'll be ported on PS5, XBOX whatever and the next Nintendo console.

😀

• Haha 1

I tried it out yesterday. Graphically, I was pleased. The game made the transition over pretty well. The controls were a bit tight on the joycons. Morphing took a little longer with the analog stick making it harder to pinpoint where you want to go (or y'know, the general area at least). I have a Pro controller coming today though and am looking forward to testing with that.

16 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I tried it out yesterday. Graphically, I was pleased. The game made the transition over pretty well. The controls were a bit tight on the joycons. Morphing took a little longer with the analog stick making it harder to pinpoint where you want to go (or y'know, the general area at least). I have a Pro controller coming today though and am looking forward to testing with that.

Thanks, I was wondering how it was.

3 hours ago, GamingNerd93 said:

So F13th came out on the switch, What are y'alls thoughts on the game being ported to the Nintendo Switch? Gameplay, Graphics wise? What I've seen is that when loading into the lobby screen after loading screen disappears, match start countdown starts instantly. Also the menu music is delayed when it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds.

Glad it did, it belongs on Nintendo, 😊.

29 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I'll be getting it.

Does it have all DLC on it, like all the extra weapons kills?

Yeah it does.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Curious if you can play it with a GameCube controller

Maybe as a Counselor anyway lol

You can.

So far i’m a level 14.

Barely get jason, but when I do. I clear out lobbies. 

I enjoy surviving as a counselor as well. 

• Like 1

Voice chat doesn’t seem to be working. Anyone know what the issue is? 

4 hours ago, Vlone said:

So far i’m a level 14.

Barely get jason, but when I do. I clear out lobbies. 

I enjoy surviving as a counselor as well. 

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

Just got the my first jason kill on the switch....No communication at all.

The two no mic using randoms executed it quickly. Surprised me.

Tommy was a level 4, I was scared he wouldnt know how, but he fucked jason up LOL.

Im new to the game (thanks to the Switch version). I have a couple of questions. First, how do you get out of your shift, once you started it? I find myself shifting past where I want to go. 

Second, is there ANY possibility that an offline play as a counselor mode will EVER get released? Or does that qualify as "new content." With the influx of new players (Switch) that seems to be one of the big issues I've heard people mention. It's also something I wish was available. I am level 14 at the time of writing this, and have yet to play as Jason online. I get my Jason fix playing with the bots. It's how I've honed my skills. It would be nice to do the same with the counselors. I understand the lawsuit limits what they can do, but if they can do this, they really should. Again I've heard TONS of other Switch players talk about this.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:15 AM, Daddy said:

Im new to the game (thanks to the Switch version). I have a couple of questions. First, how do you get out of your shift, once you started it? I find myself shifting past where I want to go. 

Second, is there ANY possibility that an offline play as a counselor mode will EVER get released? Or does that qualify as "new content." With the influx of new players (Switch) that seems to be one of the big issues I've heard people mention. It's also something I wish was available. I am level 14 at the time of writing this, and have yet to play as Jason online. I get my Jason fix playing with the bots. It's how I've honed my skills. It would be nice to do the same with the counselors. I understand the lawsuit limits what they can do, but if they can do this, they really should. Again I've heard TONS of other Switch players talk about this.

@Daddy to get out of shift once you started it, you press Y again! An offline counsoler mode will get released eventually,  but as everyone in the forums is saying, no. It's a bummer the lawsuit prevented future content from releasing.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:32 AM, Vlone said:

Just got the my first jason kill on the switch....No communication at all.

The two no mic using randoms executed it quickly. Surprised me.

Tommy was a level 4, I was scared he wouldnt know how, but he fucked jason up LOL.

@VloneThat's good that the tommy knew how to execute the kill. He probably came from either the other versions of the game and wanted to see if he could do it on the switch version. Player probably doesn't know you can have your headset plugged in and turned on so you can talk to everyone. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, GamingNerd93 said:

@Daddy to get out of shift once you started it, you press Y again! An offline counsoler mode will get released eventually,  but as everyone in the forums is saying, no. It's a bummer the lawsuit prevented future content from releasing.

An offline counselor mode is the biggest thing I feel the game needs. The other things (additional maps, characters, etc) are nice yes, but offline counselor mode is MORE important. That way the game will have playability from now until forever. Overall I feel the bot counselors are pretty good (yes they get stuck sometimes, etc). But they tried to escape in a car on me yesterday (that's pretty good bot work imo). So I see no reason why a bot Jason couldn't also function pretty well. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, GamingNerd93 said:

@VloneThat's good that the tommy knew how to execute the kill. He probably came from either the other versions of the game and wanted to see if he could do it on the switch version. Player probably doesn't know you can have your headset plugged in and turned on so you can talk to everyone. 

Speaking of headsets. Skull Candy earbuds makes a set with a microphone IN the ear buds. They work great for this game. I didn't realize my earbuds had a microphone in it, until I started talking to another player, it freaked me out at first, lol. I've had these earbuds for a couple of years now, and never realized they had a mic.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:30 AM, Daddy said:

An offline counselor mode is the biggest thing I feel the game needs. The other things (additional maps, characters, etc) are nice yes, but offline counselor mode is MORE important. That way the game will have playability from now until forever. Overall I feel the bot counselors are pretty good (yes they get stuck sometimes, etc). But they tried to escape in a car on me yesterday (that's pretty good bot work imo). So I see no reason why a bot Jason couldn't also function pretty well. 

@Daddy An AI Jason would behave the same as bot counsolers as he'll get stuck to sometimes,  the AI would need to learn the timing of shift, stalk, sense, and morph and the right time to use it, he would also need to know when to slash or grab a counsoler 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, Daddy said:

Speaking of headsets. Skull Candy earbuds makes a set with a microphone IN the ear buds. They work great for this game. I didn't realize my earbuds had a microphone in it, until I started talking to another player, it freaked me out at first, lol. I've had these earbuds for a couple of years now, and never realized they had a mic.

@Daddy I didn't know earbuds worked either. But it's good to know. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:36 AM, GamingNerd93 said:

@Daddy An AI Jason would behave the same as bot counsolers as he'll get stuck to sometimes,  the AI would need to learn the timing of shift, stalk, sense, and morph and the right time to use it, he would also need to know when to slash or grab a counsoler 

I realize he wouldn't be "perfect." But PLENTY of games have AI villains, so it CAN be done, as well as SHOULD be done. 

I would also add that an offline mode where 2 people with 2 switches and 2 games can play against the bots would be fun. It would help give people practice on killing Jason. 2 humans vs a bot Jason, would be interesting. While this might be a bit of a pipe dream, offline counselor mode NEEDS to happen.

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

I realize he wouldn't be "perfect." But PLENTY of games have AI villains, so it CAN be done, as well as SHOULD be done. 

They've(Gun) have said in the past that an AI Jason would be too difficult to program, so there's no chance.

This game is never, let me repeat that, NEVER, getting any future new content.

Offline counselor play will never happen.

• Thanks 1