When you put a couple traps down as Jason, say in front of the phone box, the shack, or even a car and you hear the sound of one of them going off, when you open up your map how would you be able to tell which trap it was that went off?

I know that the traps show up red on Jason’s map, and I figured whichever one went off usually flashes red. I’m trying to make sure that’s what happens so I can make sure I’m teleporting wherever which single trap went off.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s a red diamond in the centre of sprung traps.

Okay, thanks for the help! 👍

1 hour ago, FridayThe31st said:

Okay, thanks for the help! 👍

Also... a trap that is still set, the red lines of the diamond shape are broken. When the trap is disabled or sprung, the lines are no longer broken.

• Thanks 1

I feel like they could’ve done a better job making a sprung trap look a lot different from an un sprung trap. They both look too similar

• Haha 1

Colorblind colors for traps would have been nice but they only did it for perks.

43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I feel like they could’ve done a better job making a sprung trap look a lot different from an un sprung trap. They both look too similar

You said a mouthful there. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, a lot of times I have to get closer to the screen to see which trap was set off, lol.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You said a mouthful there. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, a lot of times I have to get closer to the screen to see which trap was set off, lol.

My eyes are not what they used to be either... and it is very hard to tell them apart sometimes. But I have worked around this problem by only ever trapping the fuse box... I do not have to look to know where to morph to.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I have great vision and even I get it mixed up. It’s really annoying. Because today I morphed to the wrong place. I wish the traps would just change to a solid red color un sprung and when it’s sprung have it flash. That way you can actually differentiate it. 

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I have great vision and even I get it mixed up. It’s really annoying. Because today I morphed to the wrong place. I wish the traps would just change to a solid red color un sprung and when it’s sprung have it flash. That way you can actually differentiate it. 

Right.  It could be something simple like "blue" for armed, and "red" for disarmed or used.

24 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Right.  It could be something simple like "blue" for armed, and "red" for disarmed or used.

Even better

10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

+1. I used to go to the wrong trap often before my eyes got trained to seriously hone in and pinpoint which symbol looked noticeably different than the others. A different color for sprung traps could easily remedy.

11 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Go to 2:34 on this video for a visual difference between a armed and disarmed trap. 

Well, anyone really can tell the difference.  The issue becomes when ether stacking traps next to each other and when placed on a objective, since it's icon is also red.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, anyone really can tell the difference.  The issue becomes when ether stacking traps next to each other and when placed on a objective, since it's icon is also red.

Once you know what you're looking for it's easy (aside from the instances you mention). I figured a visual demonstration would help the op.