Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When you put a couple traps down as Jason, say in front of the phone box, the shack, or even a car and you hear the sound of one of them going off, when you open up your map how would you be able to tell which trap it was that went off?

I know that the traps show up red on Jason’s map, and I figured whichever one went off usually flashes red. I’m trying to make sure that’s what happens so I can make sure I’m teleporting wherever which single trap went off.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s a red diamond in the centre of sprung traps.

Okay, thanks for the help! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FridayThe31st said:

Okay, thanks for the help! 👍

   Also... a trap that is still set, the red lines of the diamond shape are broken. When the trap is disabled or sprung, the lines are no longer broken.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they could’ve done a better job making a sprung trap look a lot different from an un sprung trap. They both look too similar

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorblind colors for traps would have been nice but they only did it for perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I feel like they could’ve done a better job making a sprung trap look a lot different from an un sprung trap. They both look too similar

You said a mouthful there. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, a lot of times I have to get closer to the screen to see which trap was set off, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You said a mouthful there. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, a lot of times I have to get closer to the screen to see which trap was set off, lol.

   My eyes are not what they used to be either... and it is very hard to tell them apart sometimes. But I have worked around this problem by only ever trapping the fuse box... I do not have to look to know where to morph to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You said a mouthful there. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, a lot of times I have to get closer to the screen to see which trap was set off, lol.

I have great vision and even I get it mixed up. It’s really annoying. Because today I morphed to the wrong place. I wish the traps would just change to a solid red color un sprung and when it’s sprung have it flash. That way you can actually differentiate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I have great vision and even I get it mixed up. It’s really annoying. Because today I morphed to the wrong place. I wish the traps would just change to a solid red color un sprung and when it’s sprung have it flash. That way you can actually differentiate it. 

Right.  It could be something simple like "blue" for armed, and "red" for disarmed or used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Right.  It could be something simple like "blue" for armed, and "red" for disarmed or used.

Even better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Right.  It could be something simple like "blue" for armed, and "red" for disarmed or used.

+1. I used to go to the wrong trap often before my eyes got trained to seriously hone in and pinpoint which symbol looked noticeably different than the others. A different color for sprung traps could easily remedy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

 

Go to 2:34 on this video for a visual difference between a armed and disarmed trap. 

Well, anyone really can tell the difference.  The issue becomes when ether stacking traps next to each other and when placed on a objective, since it's icon is also red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, anyone really can tell the difference.  The issue becomes when ether stacking traps next to each other and when placed on a objective, since it's icon is also red.

Once you know what you're looking for it's easy (aside from the instances you mention). I figured a visual demonstration would help the op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...