SteadyGosling

DEDICATED SERVERS BROKEN AFTER PATCH

On 8/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, mattshotcha said:

we'll be rebalancing a bit, 

This tells you all you need to know. Server priority is switch over all other consoles 

I'm really wondering if Gun Media didn't bring extra servers for Switch when it was released. 

That's the only thing that would make sense at this point as to why so many of us can't find dedicated servers, be it US, CA or EU.  People keep mentioning not finding EU servers but I've only been in ONE US server since the patch.  

I've played very little since the last patch because waiting 5ish minutes to get tossed into a P2P lobby, which could be just yourself and then waiting another 10-20 minutes for people to join n and then playing numerous games with 5 people isn't a good use of time.  

I did play a few rounds with 3 of my friends just an hour ago.  The first lobby we went into, since there was 4 of us, we literally waited 15 minutes before someone was put into the lobby with us.  We then played 2 matches with just 5 people before anyone else joined in.  

This puts the game into a completely unplayable state. 

This isn't a Switch thing, gang. We have some unexpected behavior in some key server areas and are investigating. The rebalancing is looking like it may shift you to a bit further off of a server for the time being, giving us an opportunity to sort out the situation. 

More here.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

This isn't a Switch thing, gang. We have some unexpected behavior in some key server areas and are investigating. The rebalancing is looking like it may shift you to a bit further off of a server for the time being, giving us an opportunity to sort out the situation. 

More here.

The status update is much appreciated. Best of luck getting this fully resolved.

• Like 3

@mattshotcha was having some issues getting into qp lobby last night on PC. Im in new york region. After searching/cancelling search at 2mins a bunch of times i finally got in, but then i would see people pop into the lobby with me, then fall right out. This happened a bunch of times until a few actually stuck. We played a game and then it kicked back out to search for new lobby after, in which i searched for about a half hr and never could get back in. This was around 9:30pm est. It would say searching for dedicated servers, then checking session for room, then it would show search cool down. Rinse repeat. Almost like it was finding a server but the server would reject the connection. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

@mattshotcha was having some issues getting into qp lobby last night on PC. Im in new york region. After searching/cancelling search at 2mins a bunch of times i finally got in, but then i would see people pop into the lobby with me, then fall right out. This happened a bunch of times until a few actually stuck. We played a game and then it kicked back out to search for new lobby after, in which i searched for about a half hr and never could get back in. This was around 9:30pm est. It would say searching for dedicated servers, then checking session for room, then it would show search cool down. Rinse repeat. Almost like it was finding a server but the server would reject the connection. 

I'm checking up with Support on this. Let me know if it's persistent or cleared up.

21 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm checking up with Support on this. Let me know if it's persistent or cleared up.

Looks to be working again this morning. Thanks Matt!

• Like 1

@mattshotcha Hi mattshotcha.  As I am sure you are aware, the AU servers have been 100% down for PlayStation since August.  The other region servers that went down at that same time have been restored but AU has never been recovered.  Worse still, there has been no redundancy to put the AU users onto the AP or US servers hence getting into any game other than a party with friends is virtually impossible.  Now that 5 months has passed with no action, can you give me a detailed answer on what is being done and what the path forward will be for Australia and New Zealand customers?

14 hours ago, Sirwaigs said:

@mattshotcha Hi mattshotcha.  As I am sure you are aware, the AU servers have been 100% down for PlayStation since August.  The other region servers that went down at that same time have been restored but AU has never been recovered.  Worse still, there has been no redundancy to put the AU users onto the AP or US servers hence getting into any game other than a party with friends is virtually impossible.  Now that 5 months has passed with no action, can you give me a detailed answer on what is being done and what the path forward will be for Australia and New Zealand customers?

Checked up on this, the servers are definitely NOT 100% down in AU. We have active servers there, but populations and timings are what's effecting your connectivity. We're looking into ways to alleviate your connection issues, but it's going to require some doing, and a bit of a lesser of two evils situation. I'll share more as I have it.

I have been having trouble for days now. The lobbies are 4-5 people with the host always showing no connection. It never says a server type when it used to show dedicated. All games end and then your booted back at the start screen. I think gun pulled the plug which is bull. I play this game everyday and it’s still very active to make a move like this and not even announce it is super low. 

I appreciate the reply @mattshotcha but I fear they are telling you porkies.  I have spoken to many dozens of players over the last few months and always make a point to ask them if they have ever got into an AU Dedicated Server lobby since it went down 4 months ago.  In every case I have been told that the AU server is no where to be seen.  These include power players totaling hundreds if not thousands of hours of game play from every State in Australia, day and night and the AU has never been available (I personally have tried everywhere between 7am and midnight).  So ‘technically’ they may be up, but no one is accessing them.  I understand that this is  going to ‘require some doing’, but it has been 4 months now.  How much ‘doing’ does it need?  They need to move us onto the AP or even US server until they get their ‘doing’ sorted.