SteadyGosling

DEDICATED SERVERS BROKEN AFTER PATCH

10 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

@mattshotcha, please let us know what is going on with PS4 dedicated servers.  These are not isolated incidents, and they have only happened since the most recent patch.

Co-sign. Dedicated servers have been completely screwed up for me on PS4 since the latest update. Tried tonight for two hours to get a match going and couldn't connect to dedicated servers one time. Best I could manage was a P2P match with three other people. Rebooted the game, PS4, even my modem/router.....no dice. Finally said screw it and settled for a round of offline bots. Not five mins into that match; blue screen. Shut'er down and Red Dead it is.

Please fix.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, SteadyGosling said:

they arent working for us at ALLLLL, and we just had a really glitchy match start, i saw a part 3 with savinis pitchfork....

The part 3 with savini skin is normal on this game 

Is any one noticing any trend with the dedicated servers not working, I've tried having others as party leader but were all in the south central-eastern area, after patch we was getting eu and ca servers but after that day we haven't been able to get on any dedicated servers. I have also noticed if your the host of the lobby you can't start the boat after fixing it.

It's clearly obvious what's going on here. A full on case of being pissed on and being told by @mattshotcha that it's raining. I work in IT and know 100% that an end-user update does not affect things server-side to this extent. Even a full database migration would only take hours at most to level out as tables are rebuilt. But this has been a week now! So one can only assume, and rightfully so, that Gun Media DID NOT invest in new servers for the Switch launch and that some EU servers were sacrificed to accommodate Switch users. If my assumption is wrong THEN PLEASE UPDATE ME! What's even more of a slap in the face is that there has been NO further correspondence regarding this ongoing problem since being told that "it's not an issue so much as an inconvenient delay. This will normalize in the hours to come." Nothing constructive has been provided on these forums (please show me where if I am wrong). Nothing on social media - Twitter/Facebook is just full of retweets/posts from Gun's loyal minions showing of their care packages ffs. But God forbid someone actually update us on the server problems. All I/we want is acknowledgement of the issue and an honest resolution date.

Serious question: Do you actually not want us to play this game anymore? Prolonged glitches/game-breaking bugs are one thing - I mean, how sad is it that the F13 community has to say 'thank you' for getting a patch out that didn't introduce new glitches, lmfao - but preventing us from getting into a lobby/match speaks absolute volumes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

It's clearly obvious what's going on here. A full on case of being pissed on and being told by @mattshotcha that it's raining. I work in IT and know 100% that an end-user update does not affect things server-side to this extent. Even a full database migration would only take hours at most to level out as tables are rebuilt. But this has been a week now! So one can only assume, and rightfully so, that Gun Media DID NOT invest in new servers for the Switch launch and that some EU servers were sacrificed to accommodate Switch users. If my assumption is wrong THEN PLEASE UPDATE ME! What's even more of a slap in the face is that there has been NO further correspondence regarding this ongoing problem since being told that "it's not an issue so much as an inconvenient delay. This will normalize in the hours to come." Nothing constructive has been provided on these forums (please show me where if I am wrong). Nothing on social media - Twitter/Facebook is just full of retweets/posts from Gun's loyal minions showing of their care packages ffs. But God forbid someone actually update us on the server problems. All I/we want is acknowledgement of the issue and an honest resolution date.

Serious question: Do you actually not want us to play this game anymore? Prolonged glitches/game-breaking bugs are one thing - I mean, how sad is it that the F13 community has to say 'thank you' for getting a patch out that didn't introduce new glitches, lmfao - but preventing us from getting into a lobby/match speaks absolute volumes.

I couldn't agree with you more this is bad 7 days and No acknowledgement whatsoever from them to why there are suddenly no servers, as servers go they have either closed them or not put them back on or given them over to switch. i have spoken to quite a few people in the United Kingdom in the last few days and not one of them are able to play even some parts of America still can't get on, Spain, Australia etc. We want answers that are slow real slow incoming.

This was my almost 1 hour video that i done yesterday on the matter, sums it all up for me

7 Days of this in the whole of the United Kingdom is more than enough by now.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dukes4369 said:

This was my almost 1 hour video that i done yesterday on the matter, sums it all up for me

Your video absolutely showcases what the vast majority of players (mostly in Europe) are experiencing right now. How can no one from the team not be acknowledging this?!?!?!

Two nights ago I played 3 games in 4 hours. And last night I managed to play only a couple more than that due to getting into a lobby where the host didn't leave. Tbh I am pretty much done with this game and only persevere because of the friends that I have met. Whilst playing a private match is cool, it can become rather mundane as the group I play with are pretty proficient Jason killers. I prefer to play with randoms of different levels and skill but now, with the current state of the servers, I can't even do that. I remained silent for a week in hopes that normality would resume, but sadly I was wrong. How anyone actually paid full price for this game on the Switch without doing their homework is beyond me.

EDIT: Also, how's this for a joke... "Let's give players a double XP, CP and tape drops event but less than half (if any) playing time." FML!

• Like 1

Thank You @F13 Seppuku Squad I have even put posts on here under Patch Notes 1.35 Upcoming which @mattshotcha started himself and the community has carried on.

Servers as they call it just ain't there and if someone does get in to a lobby it's usually a P2P lobby which only has about 4 people in it and that situation only arises if you do quick play and leave the controller sitting for up to 7 minutes if your lucky and even then it's no good if your a Jason player due to how laggy the game is, no good getting a 200ms ping and your struggling to get a knife off.

Every time the game starts to move forward they always end up taking a step back or in this case 7 days and counting, patches are all very well and i sure am glad there getting there with them, but to have no servers to play the game on at the moment is sacrilege.

I love playing against randoms is sure a lot of fun and some nice outcomes. But alas no servers in the whole of the United Kingdom means no game play for me and thousands of other people here and around the world and that's a helluva lot of people.

Here is the link to the last twitch stream that GunMedia  did on Thursday the 15th of August 2019 go to the 17 minute mark and watch and listen to what @mattshotcha says to my comments regarding the situation that's been unfolding over the coarse of a week now, all i wanted was answers to my questions which we are all certainly most entitled to by now. Maybe watch it all and you might pick bits what i missed and form your own opinions on the matter.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dukes4369 said:

Here is the link to the last twitch stream that GunMedia  did on Thursday the 15th of August 2019 go to the 17 minute mark and watch and listen to what @mattshotcha says to my comments regarding the situation that's been unfolding over the coarse of a week now, all i wanted was answers to my questions which we are all certainly most entitled to by now. Maybe watch it all and you might pick bits what i missed and form your own opinions on the matter.

The fact that this stream was on the 15th and the patch was rolled out on the 12th makes it all the more shocking that @mattshotcha is still making reference to players having to "pop back onto the servers" and that they are "keeping an eye on it." Well it's been a week now. To whoever is "keeping an eye on it," now might be a good time to speak up and/or resolve it! I don't want to insult the team but I get a sense of Homer Simpson working at the powerplant when it comes to GM/Black Tower/IllFonic and this game.

26850887_10155294583193697_8758640528318621878_o.jpg.659d62d45da67b456a7e91c26840f4f3.jpg

Anyway, I couldn't watch anymore of the video because it pains me to listen to the Switch conversations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its gotten noticeably worse in the US the last few days, also. Last night, got one game in a server before 10 minutes of waiting got a P2P lobby, while people said that Switch had A LOT of regional servers. If they just moved PS4 servers over to Switch, that would be frustrating, and totally on brand. 

By now, it's almost EOD Monday. No response to the issue, not surprised in the least. Hopefully it gets fixed... Soon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SDA said:

Its gotten noticeably worse in the US the last few days, also. Last night, got one game in a server before 10 minutes of waiting got a P2P lobby, while people said that Switch had A LOT of regional servers. If they just moved PS4 servers over to Switch, that would be frustrating, and totally on brand. 

By now, it's almost EOD Monday. No response to the issue, not surprised in the least. Hopefully it gets fixed... Soon.

Truer words are never spoken

In my opinion Gunmedia seems to be only interested in establishing a new relationship with Nintendo customers.

fixing the playstation servers is taking waaay too long.

• Like 1

i haven't played the game for a few months but today i installed it and it took me around 20 to 30 min to get a 4 people lobby (2-3 min per search) so yeah this games is almost death now at least here in EU

• Like 1

@MovieWatcher101 Where abouts are you in the world? It's broken alright there's a lots of countries out there that cant get on in Europe and same with different states in America. The whole thing needs to be addressed.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I keep an umbrella on hand at all times to avoid contact with "precipitation".

How many servers exist for each platform will likely never be revealed to us. All that one can do in that regard is speculate.

Giving a resolution date is a good idea, only if you can meet the deadline of said date. If you can't, people will be upset.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, Strigoi said:

In my opinion Gunmedia seems to be only interested in establishing a new relationship with Nintendo customers.

fixing the playstation servers is taking waaay too long.

Playing favorites isn't a good idea. We're not really sure that's what happened here.

• Like 1

I believe the rumor that server space was removed from PS4 and given to Switch

@mattshotcha This is a streamer that i watch on twitch she is also from the EU, United Kingdom and play's on the PS4, i reckon this video started this afternoon about maybe 15:10 as you can see no dedicated servers whatsoever and pings spike quite a lot also, at 01:04:07 she states "Yeah this game is broken, It's totally broken". at 01:04:21 she again states "I've not been able to find an EU server in a week".  Another mention in stream chat at 01:05:33 "South American servers gone too". I am sure i could go on and on mentioning quotes from this video but it's there for you to go over and your team to see what's going on it's been 9 days now so if servers are up and fully swapped over after patch then there's just no sign off them and if there was she would be in a F13 official EU dedicated server.

@mattshotcha This site might also be worth looking at also, there a list of complaints longer than my arm, it also shows you the outage from the United Kingdom, other EU countries, several states in America and so fourth were you can zoom in and out. I reckon these are where people have been trying to get on and have had no luck, hope this added information helps.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/friday-the-13th/map

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The team is working to tweak things and we hope to see some improvements soon. As we said yesterday on BEYOND, we'll be rebalancing a bit, so users may be seeing improvements tonight. If not, our Senior Producer is going to have to touch base with the team again in the morning and we'll take it from there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, Dukes4369 said:

[Video]

At least you get past the initializing stage. For me on Xbox One I get stuck on the initialization stage for upto 3 minutes then cancel it and have to wait another 2 minutes for it to cancel. I have to repeat this a few times before actually getting it to look for a game. I'm in the US.

11 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I believe the rumor that server space was removed from PS4 and given to Switch

In that case, Xbox One may also be PS4 now 😂

Although I would highly be mad about this issue, I have stopped playing the game over recent weeks due to these issues. I've been playing more Minecraft on Xbox One than I have Friday the 13th. It seems as though I will have to agree with some that the servers were given over to a platform that was invested in to way too much with "prize" investment, and none of it was towards the servers to get their own so they could have a better experience and we could have a more worse experience than we already have had. Little do they know, by buying the game on Switch, they snatched our game play away, yet to be honest, the financial managers of it can't even sustain itself with what has been given to it, Backers and Game sales. I don't understand why we can't just have had a new patch even after the Switch release, why because we're waiting to see what issues arise from it? Well we can already see one. Why not test the game play yourself to see what is happening and see if they're any bugs, instead of us being your lab rats. I've been looking for answers on Guns and Fridays Twitter for answers and any updates, not a thing besides the special and most important Switch. Why not focus more on the pre-existing platforms? Minecraft ended support for Xbox 360, PS3, ETC... Is that what it's gonna be like here? Is Xbox One and PS4, suddenly old all because of a new "console"? It's a screen, with sticks, and pulling performance from other platforms? And some want cross-play here? WTH is wrong with you, if right now we don't have cross-play and these are the issues were gonna have, think about what cross-play will do?

4 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

At least you get past the initializing stage. For me on Xbox One I get stuck on the initialization stage for upto 3 minutes then cancel it and have to wait another 2 minutes for it to cancel. I have to repeat this a few times before actually getting it to look for a game. I'm in the US.

@Nathan5226 Sorry to hear about that, if you can mind putting up a small video if possible might help others on the forum that are on XBox One or someone might look in to it. I'm on ps4 as you probably know, try sending it off to http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com and see if you get a reply back? I can only show what we are experiencing here in the United Kingdom over the last 9 days and hope you get it resolved as much as we hope to get our issues sorted out as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dukes4369 said:

@Nathan5226 Sorry to hear about that, if you can mind putting up a small video if possible might help others on the forum that are on XBox One or someone might look in to it. I'm on ps4 as you probably know, try sending it off to http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com and see if you get a reply back? I can only show what we are experiencing here in the United Kingdom over the last 9 days and hope you get it resolved as much as we hope to get our issues sorted out as well.

Thanks lol, but no need. Sorry to hear for your issues, I'm actually supposed to be playing on PS4 tonight with a friend, goodness hopes I can get into a match within 10 minutes. Sure, I'll see what I can do!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Thanks lol, but no need. Sorry to hear for your issues, I'm actually supposed to be playing on PS4 tonight with a friend, goodness hopes I can get into a match within 10 minutes. Sure, I'll see what I can do!

Good Luck with it, i ain't killed anyone in 9 days i am sure the withdrawal symptoms are setting in might have the shakes lol

6 minutes ago, Dukes4369 said:

Good Luck with it, i ain't killed anyone in 9 days i am sure the withdrawal symptoms are setting in might have the shakes lol

🤣 Honestly, I just recorded Xbox One, I'm gonna let it upload then send it over here with a link and there with the video. I'm gonna try getting on PS4 now.