SteadyGosling

DEDICATED SERVERS BROKEN AFTER PATCH

Dedicated servers are completely broken, no platform can currently get to any, matchmaking takes up to 10 minutes before dumping us into peer to peer. I can get behind bugs maybe, but LITERALLY not being able to play the game is a big issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Crawler said:

They work just fine for me, on Steam.

they arent working for us at ALLLLL, and we just had a really glitchy match start, i saw a part 3 with savinis pitchfork....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Servers are up and shifting after the patch as normal. This is just the process coming out of a patch deployment and despite seeming longer than normal, it's not an issue so much as an inconvenient delay. This will normalize in the hours to come.

PC we did have a hiccup with the build and we're taking care of that now.

23 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

they arent working for us at ALLLLL, and we just had a really glitchy match start, i saw a part 3 with savinis pitchfork....

@SteadyGosling

see Matt’s post about servers this is a normal delay after a patch it should balance out soon.

47 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

How long is soon? Have been trying for over 20 minutes, won’t even put me in a peer 2 peer lobby. 

He said it may take a few hours to balance out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Finally in, but it’s putting me in CA servers instead of US. Pings of 220-300. 

10 minutes+ to get to CA servers now. 2-3 minutes to get to CA servers after the last update. Canadian players are assholes too.

6 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Canadian players are assholes too.

There’s no surprise, we constantly have to put up with the rest of the world. 😉 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s no surprise, we constantly have to put up with the rest of the world. 😉 

Eh, not entirely fair I guess. Small sample size but I have dealt with several trolls/teamers since being forced onto the CA servers after the last update. Not many mic users either.

Edit: And now someone stops to pick me up only to suicide us both with the car moments later. Not the first time I've been baited into the car by a Canadian server user these past few weeks. 🙄

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Eh, not entirely fair I guess. Small sample size but I have dealt with several trolls/teamers since being forced onto the CA servers after the last update. Not many mic users either.

Edit: And now someone stops to pick me up only to suicide us both with the car moments later. Not the first time I've been baited into the car by a Canadian server user these past few weeks. 🙄

The kindness of strangers can be dangerous in this game sometimes. I tend to drive myself most of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Fair Play said:

The kindness of strangers can be dangerous in this game sometimes. I tend to drive myself most of the time.

For sure, I'm wary of cars offering rides in vulnerable positions if I have other options. Not much choice late in a match with AJ however.

Just had another CA server match with a driver baiting to me to get in front of the car near the exit. Didn't give them the satisfaction this time. Almost seems appropriate that Canadians prefer to troll passive aggressively. 🇨🇦

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

For sure, I'm wary of cars offering rides in vulnerable positions if I have other options. Not much choice late in a match with AJ however.

Just had another CA server match with a driver baiting to me to get in front of the car near the exit. Didn't give them the satisfaction this time. Almost seems appropriate that Canadians prefer to troll passive aggressively. 🇨🇦

There are some decent Canadian players out there. They're not all bad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Canadian players are assholes too.

I have met far more asshole Americans than Canadians in this game... and many other games for that matter. But there are good and bad people in ANY group.

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are some decent Canadian players out there. They're not all bad.

Exactly my point.

12 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

UODATE: There’s been like 3 different game updates today on steam, but after one of them it all started working again

I got the 866ish megabyte update which was followed about an hour later by a 67ish megabyte update. I did not see a third at all.

I also did not play for several hours after the second update but had only one issue getting into a lobby... both friends were booted from my group and I was dumped into a lobby. I invited them again and they made it in without any issue and had no further problems... yet.

So there are others having this problem i'm on ps4 and i cannot get a game for the life of me i been trying all day 7 minute wait  rinse and repeat no servers for me @mattshotcha please something is going on.

• Like 2

Started up the PS4, after waiting about two minutes, got into a lobby played a couple rounds and.......back to nothing. No matter how many times I cancel and retry, will not connect to servers. There’s definitely something up. 

• Like 2

It feels like when the game dropped. Unable to find lobbies on PS4. My God. How trash are these developers?  Don't @ me please. I'm just beyond frustrated. Every patch breaks this game even more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Switch has DEDICATED Servers now too so that's probably why it was acting funny for a little bit. I was playing on ps4 yesterday night everything was fine. They were preparing for Switch Launch

@mattshotcha @GunMedia

I installed the patch on Monday 12th of August 2019 in the evening about 7pm GMT time now it's Thursday 15th of August 2019 coming up for almost 5pm now and still no dedicated servers for me i am in the EU and play on the ps4,  i end up in P2P lobby's which is a mess and unplayable due to how laggy it is. Received this email from jasonkillsbugs.com after i sent him the video footage of what keeps happening which i will include below.

None of these problems happened before the switch version of the game was launched, i don't know if they have sacrificed the server space to make room for the switch version.

In regards to the email that i received it feels like it's one big fob off from gunmedia

As gun stated after a patch "Servers will balance out".  Surely if that was the case it would have balanced out by now.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

mattshotcha said : Servers are up and shifting after the patch as normal. This is just the process coming out of a patch deployment and despite seeming longer than normal, it's not an issue so much as an inconvenient delay. This will normalize in the hours to come.

Hours is wishful thinking it's now been about 4 days.

I haven't known any other online games that have to so called "balance out" as i should still be able to get on to the dedicated server, even if others are still updating.

From what i have seen only 2 outcomes have happened either the patch has messed up connection with the servers or they have gave most of the server space to switch to guarantee a smooth launch.

I have watched a few switch streams and all the switch streams are running on dedicated servers and none of them had problems getting games.

From jasonkillsbugs.com.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My work and family schedules are pretty wild right now, so I haven't had much time to try to play.  But two separate nights I have tried the "wait for 3-4 minutes and refresh" strategy for upwards of 30 minutes, and could not get into any games.  This is on PS4, and I am in southeastern United States.

@mattshotcha, please let us know what is going on with PS4 dedicated servers.  These are not isolated incidents, and they have only happened since the most recent patch.