Seraphic King

My take on effectively playing part 4 Jason. (Post 1 of 2)

When I first started playing Friday The 13th. I used Part 8 Jason. I was too OP with him, so I switched to Part 3 Jason. Still too OP. Then I took a look at Part 4, and I knew right then and there that getting 8/8 with him against coordinated, experienced counselors will be the toughest challenge in the entire game. So I started playing Part 4 and started coming up with some strategies. One thing with this Jason, is that you have to kill as fast as you can. You are literally racing against the clock when playing Part 4. This by far has to be the most stressful Jason to play as. With this Jason you have to rely on your wits more than any other Jason. These strats can help sure, but each game is going to be different, the flow of the match is going to be different. If you want to reach that 8/8 you must be able to read a situation quickly and determine the best plan of action quickly. Use your abilities, wisely especially your shift. 

First, do not bend over for other players, don’t let them talk you into a cage. I used to do this I will admit but, after awhile I just said f*ck those players. They’ll say you’re bad for slashing, you’re bad for spawn killing, you’re bad for just grabbing. They’ll say all types of stupid sh*t just to box you up, Jason was never one to bend over for counselors so you shouldn’t either. Also, especially as part 4 Jason who has weapon strength, slashing is one of the most essential things you must do. If slashing was so bad the devs wouldn’t have put it into the game. Counselors sometimes will put you in situations where you HAVE to slash. 

Second, as we all know, this Jason has the worst objective control. First reason why, is that you only have three traps, and you cannot waste them. Use traps as like surveillance cameras and keep tabs on them by looking at your map from time to time. Once a counselor steps in one and heals real quick, you cannot get it back. So you must use them correctly. Here’s a method I’ve developed. At the beginning of the game, DON’T morph to the fuse box, instead Morph to a car. However if the car and the fuse box are right next to each other then it doesn’t matter. However if that is not the case, morph to a car. Here is why you don’t morph to the fuse box as P4 immediately. All it takes is 2 sneaky a•• Deborahs to find the battery, gas and keys in like the first few minutes of the game. I’ve had a game where I waited about 30 secs to morph to the car and the gas and battery was already in the car. It is easier to find the gas, battery, & keys than to find a single fuse in my experience.

Unlike the fuse, the keys, gas, and battery can spawn in the houses right next to the car. And in my experience people have repaired at least one car first before they repair the fuse most of the time. So, here’s what I do. Immediately morph to a car, and if there’s a counselor. Chase them away from the area (or kill them if you can) before you place the trap. If you can’t kill them it’s fine. Chase them away from the objective so they end up switching ways on how they want to escape. Leaving that car ignored for the time being. Place a trap, at the GAS and not the battery. Afterwards, make sure to morph to the phone and trap it. Chase away or kill any counselors nearby. Also make sure to gather throwing knives. Afterwards, morph to the final car. Trap the battery. Here’s why for the first car you trap the gas and for the second you trap the battery. Let’s say, someone messes up on the mini game while trying to repair the car, if you were to trap both cars same way, then you would have to guess which car is being worked on and if you guess the wrong one, you waste time and morph.  With this way of trapping, if you hear the someone messing with the battery then you will immediately know which car it is, the first car because you only trapped the gas there and not the battery. This is called car baiting. I’m the only person I know who does this. 

If a car does get started and the driver is a good driver, good luck chasing them with that slow a•• shift lmao.

P.S if you see a Deborah or any other counselor who can repair easily. Target them.

I’ll finish Part 2 of this post soon. Please give feedback on this. 

• Like 2

The fuse can spawn one house away from the fusebox.

Normally it's 2. 

Pinehurst and Jarvis are the only exceptions to this. 

So that sneaky ass Deborah can have the cops called in the first minute of a match if she wants. 

• Like 1

Yea but I would rather have the police be called then the car being started. But to counter this all you have to do is trap the objectives quickly.

If I’m a 3 trap Jason (Have it on random) I trap one car battery & the other gas so I can tell what is being worked on too. 

I agree part 4 is a bad Jason. I’m happy when I’m any Jason except parts 2 and 4. 

2 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

If I’m a 3 trap Jason (Have it on random) I trap one car battery & the other gas so I can tell what is being worked on too. 

I agree part 4 is a bad Jason. I’m happy when I’m any Jason except parts 2 and 4. 

I won’t say necessarily he’s bad, but he requires much more skill in my opinion. With other Jasons, you can just rely on your abilities to get you that kill without thinking too hard. With this Jason you have to rely on your wits. He’s actually really OP now in the beginning of the game. I’ve always said that negative shift Jason’s should always get their shift earlier on and now they sort of did just that. Part 2, has the best objective control really. 

7 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

When I first started playing Friday The 13th. I used Part 8 Jason. I was too OP with him, so I switched to Part 3 Jason. Still too OP. Then I took a look at Part 4, and I knew right then and there that getting 8/8 with him against coordinated, experienced counselors will be the toughest challenge in the entire game.

No matter which Jason variant you are playing... When you are up against a co ordinated team that pushes objective, there will be escapes. Maybe not in every match, but that is all situational.
   All Jason variants are beasts in the right hands... but you have to play (with any variant) in a way that nullifies his weaknesses as much as possible. Can't run is not a weakness in my opinion... and neither is Can Run a strength... so any Jason with Can't run really has only two weaknesses... and any Jason that can run only has two strengths.
    As far as Part IV goes... he has for weaknesses: -Water Speed, -Traps and -Shift.
    Water speed is only a weakness IF, and ONLY if someone gets a boat started. I rarely see counselors go for the boat anyway, so this weakness rarely even comes into play.
    -Shift... it is a bit slower and has a lesser range than neutral or +Shift... Not a big deal at all. Be conservative on your use of shift and it will almost always be there when you need it.
    -Traps is not a weakness to me at all... I use them VERY sparingly on the only objective that can be used by every counselor to escape... The fuse box. Do not even bother trapping cars with only three traps... it is a waste and will quickly leave the fuse box unprotected.

8 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

They’ll say you’re bad for slashing, you’re bad for spawn killing, you’re bad for just grabbing.

Players that complain about slashing in a game based around an infamous "slasher".... all get slashed. If a player does not want to run away from Jason before he gets shift and wants to play shoulder to shoulder very early in the game with him... will be killed. There is no spawn killing in this game... That would require someone to die immediately after they spawn, which here would require a Jason to immediately morph right on top of them and grab them... While this may actually be possible, I have never seen of heard of any player doing it.
   A player that calls you bad for grabbing in a game that revolves around killing players with a great many different grab kills... is just a bad player and is revealing themselves as an entitled little snowflake... and all snowflakes melt in your hand when you grab them.

this Jason has the worst objective control. First reason why, is that you only have three traps, and you cannot waste them. Use traps as like surveillance cameras and keep tabs on them by looking at your map from time to time. Once a counselor steps in one and heals real quick, you cannot get it back. So you must use them correctly.

I do not agree that Part IV has the worst objective control... that would be in how the player uses him. Traps are indeed used best as surveillance and looking at your map often helps against players that disarm them with a pocket knife.
     Counselors running thick skin and medic can and will tank your traps and render them useless, but they can do this to Part II and his seven traps as well... it just takes them a bit longer to do it with more traps.
     Also, just trapping the battery does not guarantee that a failed electrical repair warning is coming from either car... If you smashed any power boxes, they may have failed in repairing one of those... Check the sound pings and see if any are coming from the direction of the car in question first. Smashing power boxes helps to raise counselors fear level... smash them at every opportunity.

If you do not trap the fuse box, you run the risk of a very early call to the cops. Under a minute for the call if they find the fuse in their first cabin... The fuse box only spawns in so many places on any map, and it is easy to guess where it is by where you found the fuse on ANY map. It also is uniformly found VERY close to the fuse box. If the caller is using "My Dad's a Cop"... the you can have as little as 3:40 until they arrive (at least by the best perk I have yet seen)... leaving you very little time to clean up camp. The fuse box is your priority... even without the caller using that perk. Going to trap the cars first as you suggest will often lead to an early call to the cops... I learned that lesson long before I even unlocked Part IV.

The key to having only three traps and it not being a weakness... is to get good at catching cars. Until you get good at catching cars with Part IV and his slower shift... you will have problems clearing a lobby against any sort of organized team work... Once you are good at it, it is no longer a problem. I only ever trap the driver's door of a car AFTER I stop it the first time, if I actually still have a trap left that is.
     And always remember, no one is perfect. Sometimes you will miss a car and it will get away. This can and does happen to ANY Jason player using any variant.

If a car does get started and the driver is a good driver, good luck chasing them with that slow a•• shift lmao.

-Shift is not even a problem when you get used to the slower speed and lesser range. NEVER shift at a car from behind with any Jason if you can help it... Always morph ahead and shift back at them... preferably while using stalk.
     I have been playing Part IV as my main Jason since I unlocked him and very rarely ever play others... But my next choice is Part VII... and I will occasionally play other variants... But this is VERY rare for me. I do VERY well with Part IV and catching cars is no more an issue for me than it is with any other variant. I rarely miss... It is even more uncommon for me to miss the car on my second attempt (if I get a second attempt)… and I have not missed a third attempt that I can remember. Although, it is extremely rare for me to get a third attempt.

Part IV is really not for everyone and is a challenge to use him properly. Most people are too used to relying on five or more traps to defend their objectives... and here is where they all suffer when using Part IV. I am so used to only using three traps that on the rare occasion I do play another variant, I still only use three traps... and still do just fine.

I also never charge into a chase before I have shift... or at least have picked up a good many knives. But if anyone is close enough to me to grab early on, they are going to die... Snowflakes that call me a spawn killer for this get laughed at... If they are not smart enough to run away, then this is what I call "Nature's way of weeding out the stupid."
     Normally, I take both knives from the shack... and if it is a small map, some of them have a third knife outside the shack... I morph to the fuse box immediately after that and trap it, destroy every door and window while gathering knives around it and move on. If other cabins are nearby... I continue gathering throwing knives and I do the same to those, but leave interior doors intact... There is no point in not smashing windows and doors while walking around gathering knives... Then I start hitting the power boxes and continue grabbing knives and smashing windows and doors. By the second power box... shift is now active and all bets are off. By this time I usually have upwards of fourteen throwing knives... and will still interrupt a chase to grab any more that I see. If at any time during this my one trap is sprung... I go back and deal with whatever shenanigans are going on over there and replace the trap.
     I cannot stress how important throwing knives are.
     Time is not on Jason's side... and one very helpful strength is destruction. Knock down every door that you see early on or you will have to do it later when chasing someone... and when they are unlocked, that is one less hit... so this is just using your time more effectively. Also watch for counselor bear traps and make sure you don't trip it after knocking down that door... any counselor you chase through here later will hit the trap and be easy prey... and if they hit it when you are not chasing them, it at least eats up a med spray.

I leave the cars untrapped as an open invitation to anyone who wants to test my ability to catch a car... More of a dare than anything else. If they can escape me in the  car, they earned that escape with however many counselors they could jam in there.
     If and when a call gets off to the cops... and it happens to all of us... Now it puts the pressure on, no matter which Jason variant you are using. If this happens too early, then you will lose more counselors than if they cannot do it until late in the match.
     Also, as I said up top of this post... -Water Speed is a VERY situational weakness. Just because you are slow in the water does not guarantee they will get away from you either. Most of my torpedo badge was completed with Part IV with his -Water Speed.
    I make no claims to be the best Jason, or even close to the best... But... when my friends see my bloody Part IV in the opening cutscene, many of them have an "Oh shit... its Ahab!" moment.

Sorry for the length of the post.... but I had a lot to say here. And good luck with Part IV... he is definitely a challenge to use effectively in many matches... and he is a beast when you use him properly.

25 minutes ago, Ahab said:

No matter which Jason variant you are playing... When you are up against a co ordinated team that pushes objective, there will be escapes. Maybe not in every match, but that is all situational.
   All Jason variants are beasts in the right hands... but you have to play (with any variant) in a way that nullifies his weaknesses as much as possible. Can't run is not a weakness in my opinion... and neither is Can Run a strength... so any Jason with Can't run really has only two weaknesses... and any Jason that can run only has two strengths.
    As far as Part IV goes... he has for weaknesses: -Water Speed, -Traps and -Shift.
    Water speed is only a weakness IF, and ONLY if someone gets a boat started. I rarely see counselors go for the boat anyway, so this weakness rarely even comes into play.
    -Shift... it is a bit slower and has a lesser range than neutral or +Shift... Not a big deal at all. Be conservative on your use of shift and it will almost always be there when you need it.
    -Traps is not a weakness to me at all... I use them VERY sparingly on the only objective that can be used by every counselor to escape... The fuse box. Do not even bother trapping cars with only three traps... it is a waste and will quickly leave the fuse box unprotected.

Players that complain about slashing in a game based around an infamous "slasher".... all get slashed. If a player does not want to run away from Jason before he gets shift and wants to play shoulder to shoulder very early in the game with him... will be killed. There is no spawn killing in this game... That would require someone to die immediately after they spawn, which here would require a Jason to immediately morph right on top of them and grab them... While this may actually be possible, I have never seen of heard of any player doing it.
   A player that calls you bad for grabbing in a game that revolves around killing players with a great many different grab kills... is just a bad player and is revealing themselves as an entitled little snowflake... and all snowflakes melt in your hand when you grab them.

I do not agree that Part IV has the worst objective control... that would be in how the player uses him. Traps are indeed used best as surveillance and looking at your map often helps against players that disarm them with a pocket knife.
     Counselors running thick skin and medic can and will tank your traps and render them useless, but they can do this to Part II and his seven traps as well... it just takes them a bit longer to do it with more traps.
     Also, just trapping the battery does not guarantee that a failed electrical repair warning is coming from either car... If you smashed any power boxes, they may have failed in repairing one of those... Check the sound pings and see if any are coming from the direction of the car in question first. Smashing power boxes helps to raise counselors fear level... smash them at every opportunity.

If you do not trap the fuse box, you run the risk of a very early call to the cops. Under a minute for the call if they find the fuse in their first cabin... The fuse box only spawns in so many places on any map, and it is easy to guess where it is by where you found the fuse on ANY map. It also is uniformly found VERY close to the fuse box. If the caller is using "My Dad's a Cop"... the you can have as little as 3:40 until they arrive (at least by the best perk I have yet seen)... leaving you very little time to clean up camp. The fuse box is your priority... even without the caller using that perk. Going to trap the cars first as you suggest will often lead to an early call to the cops... I learned that lesson long before I even unlocked Part IV.

The key to having only three traps and it not being a weakness... is to get good at catching cars. Until you get good at catching cars with Part IV and his slower shift... you will have problems clearing a lobby against any sort of organized team work... Once you are good at it, it is no longer a problem. I only ever trap the driver's door of a car AFTER I stop it the first time, if I actually still have a trap left that is.
     And always remember, no one is perfect. Sometimes you will miss a car and it will get away. This can and does happen to ANY Jason player using any variant.

-Shift is not even a problem when you get used to the slower speed and lesser range. NEVER shift at a car from behind with any Jason if you can help it... Always morph ahead and shift back at them... preferably while using stalk.
     I have been playing Part IV as my main Jason since I unlocked him and very rarely ever play others... But my next choice is Part VII... and I will occasionally play other variants... But this is VERY rare for me. I do VERY well with Part IV and catching cars is no more an issue for me than it is with any other variant. I rarely miss... It is even more uncommon for me to miss the car on my second attempt (if I get a second attempt)… and I have not missed a third attempt that I can remember. Although, it is extremely rare for me to get a third attempt.

Part IV is really not for everyone and is a challenge to use him properly. Most people are too used to relying on five or more traps to defend their objectives... and here is where they all suffer when using Part IV. I am so used to only using three traps that on the rare occasion I do play another variant, I still only use three traps... and still do just fine.

I also never charge into a chase before I have shift... or at least have picked up a good many knives. But if anyone is close enough to me to grab early on, they are going to die... Snowflakes that call me a spawn killer for this get laughed at... If they are not smart enough to run away, then this is what I call "Nature's way of weeding out the stupid."
     Normally, I take both knives from the shack... and if it is a small map, some of them have a third knife outside the shack... I morph to the fuse box immediately after that and trap it, destroy every door and window while gathering knives around it and move on. If other cabins are nearby... I continue gathering throwing knives and I do the same to those, but leave interior doors intact... There is no point in not smashing windows and doors while walking around gathering knives... Then I start hitting the power boxes and continue grabbing knives and smashing windows and doors. By the second power box... shift is now active and all bets are off. By this time I usually have upwards of fourteen throwing knives... and will still interrupt a chase to grab any more that I see. If at any time during this my one trap is sprung... I go back and deal with whatever shenanigans are going on over there and replace the trap.
     I cannot stress how important throwing knives are.
     Time is not on Jason's side... and one very helpful strength is destruction. Knock down every door that you see early on or you will have to do it later when chasing someone... and when they are unlocked, that is one less hit... so this is just using your time more effectively. Also watch for counselor bear traps and make sure you don't trip it after knocking down that door... any counselor you chase through here later will hit the trap and be easy prey... and if they hit it when you are not chasing them, it at least eats up a med spray.

I leave the cars untrapped as an open invitation to anyone who wants to test my ability to catch a car... More of a dare than anything else. If they can escape me in the  car, they earned that escape with however many counselors they could jam in there.
     If and when a call gets off to the cops... and it happens to all of us... Now it puts the pressure on, no matter which Jason variant you are using. If this happens too early, then you will lose more counselors than if they cannot do it until late in the match.
     Also, as I said up top of this post... -Water Speed is a VERY situational weakness. Just because you are slow in the water does not guarantee they will get away from you either. Most of my torpedo badge was completed with Part IV with his -Water Speed.
    I make no claims to be the best Jason, or even close to the best... But... when my friends see my bloody Part IV in the opening cutscene, many of them have an "Oh shit... its Ahab!" moment.

Sorry for the length of the post.... but I had a lot to say here. And good luck with Part IV... he is definitely a challenge to use effectively in many matches... and he is a beast when you use him properly.

These are some good tips, and IMO. If you use morph correctly then it doesn’t matter which objective to go to first. No one is going to have anything fully repaired in like 30 secs. I like to trap the car first because with this Jason, getting away with the car is easier and I don’t want to have a situation where I’m being pressured by two different groups of counselors working on two different cars. So, by going to the car first. You will slow down the process of that car being repaired from the jump and buy you extra time to kill counselors working on other objectives. If you leave a car untrapped, all it takes is a Deborah or A.J. or someone to get it started. And when the car is started the time you spend chasing that car down, someone could go through your fuse box trap, repair the fusebox and call the police. When I said chase a counselor I don’t mean tunnel visioning. Let’s say you morph to the car and Deborah is there. When she sees you she’s going to bolt out of there. While you’re waiting for your morph to recover, you can gather the knives, and destroy doors quickly and chase her out of the area don’t forget the trap too. Another thing with this Jason is that you have to buy yourself time whenever the opportunity comes.

Everything else you said was valid and spot on. Remember to ultimately have fun and if someone escapes that’s fine. It’s just a game after all. I’ve seen too many people be put in a bad mood when they lose.

Also, what are your tips for handling kill squads?

Part 4 has been my main Jason since the day he was released. I consistently get 7/7 (8/8) with him, probably moreso than any other. My two cents worth is to remember; he's the ultimate badass. Play him as such. Don't go into the match feeling like you're at some kind of disadvantage and need to hurry before the tide turns. IMO, this will cause you to play your game in a defensive mindset. Wrong psychology in my view. Part 4 is a pressure Jason, and the player should employ an alpha mindset. Attack from the opening moments with relentless pursuit and do not let up (pausing only to pick up every knife you see along the way). Take your target out of their comfort zone and pressure them constantly to wear them down. Doesn't matter how good they think they are or how many perks they're packing. Keep them moving at all times and they WILL get tired (assuming you haven't already broken them down with well-timed attacks or snatched them up with a pinpoint shift).

That -shift is not a disadvantage. It gives you practically all day to properly align yourself with the target before you grab them. A Part 4 shift just after a well-placed morph is deadly.

1 hour ago, SteveChristy said:

Part 4 has been my main Jason since the day he was released. I consistently get 7/7 (8/8) with him, probably moreso than any other. My two cents worth is to remember; he's the ultimate badass. Play him as such. Don't go into the match feeling like you're at some kind of disadvantage and need to hurry before the tide turns. IMO, this will cause you to play your game in a defensive mindset. Wrong psychology in my view. Part 4 is a pressure Jason, and the player should employ an alpha mindset. Attack from the opening moments with relentless pursuit and do not let up (pausing only to pick up every knife you see along the way). Take your target out of their comfort zone and pressure them constantly to wear them down. Doesn't matter how good they think they are or how many perks they're packing. Keep them moving at all times and they WILL get tired (assuming you haven't already broken them down with well-timed attacks or snatched them up with a pinpoint shift).

That -shift is not a disadvantage. It gives you practically all day to properly align yourself with the target before you grab them. A Part 4 shift just after a well-placed morph is deadly.

The new patch made it even harder for IV. Now that the counselors can dive through a window and take no damage.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

The new patch made it even harder for IV. Now that the counselors can dive through a window and take no damage.

Knives still do plenty of damage. 😉

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

Hopefully that’ll be fixed early this week

I usually play him from time to time if the lobby levels are low.

If the skill levels are low or you have a lobby full of do nothings. He can be fun.

Playing against a skilled lobby or one that pushes objectives puts him behind the 8 ball the whole game. Especially if the lobby is loaded up on actual repair characters. If he doesn't kill them quick, they will escape. So if the tunneling doesn't work early on, he's done for.

The negative shift is more accurate. That's really the only positive attribute about it. Other than that, if the cars gets going. Unless the driver decides to fuck around, he's not catching the car. No Jason catches the car if the driver knows how to fuck around to exploit the stopping mechanics. Jason will have to get lucky with the A bomb morph to blow up the car, making it unusable or use his rocket launcher knives to stop the car. Probably the only reason to keep those 2 game breaking glitches around. They at least give Part 2 and Part 4 a decent chance at stopping the car. Unless they decide to give him the normal shift speed, but with a long cooldown.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I usually play him from time to time if the lobby levels are low.

If the skill levels are low or you have a lobby full of do nothings. He can be fun.

Playing against a skilled lobby or one that pushes objectives puts him behind the 8 ball the whole game. Especially if the lobby is loaded up on actual repair characters. If he doesn't kill them quick, they will escape. So if the tunneling doesn't work early on, he's done for.

The negative shift is more accurate. That's really the only positive attribute about it. Other than that, if the cars gets going. Unless the driver decides to fuck around, he's not catching the car. No Jason catches the car if the driver knows how to fuck around to exploit the stopping mechanics. Jason will have to get lucky with the A bomb morph to blow up the car, making it unusable or use his rocket launcher knives to stop the car. Probably the only reason to keep those 2 game breaking glitches around. They at least give Part 2 and Part 4 a decent chance at stopping the car. Unless they decide to give him the normal shift speed, but with a long cooldown.

He can catch the car though. If his morph and shift is available, he can morph like 20 meters in front of the car and shift into it. You're underestimating what Part 4 can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My problem with part 4 is his minus shift. My favorite tactic is the long distance surprise shift grab. His shift is usually just too short for this.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

My problem with part 4 is his minus shift. My favorite tactic is the long distance surprise shift grab. His shift is usually just too short for this.

To make up for his -shift, you must use Morph & Shift. Morph to the direction they’re running then use shift to shift grab. 

12 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

To make up for his -shift, you must use Morph & Shift. Morph to the direction they’re running then use shift to shift grab. 

I know. I just hate burning two abilities to pull it off. Three if stalk is up.

Part 4 is actually my preferred Jason, believe it or not. The trick is keeping counselors on their toes the whole time, preventing repairs. Which isn't hard with his strengths, unless you're up against an organized group.

Probably not good to play on the small maps though. 

15 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Part 4 is actually my preferred Jason, believe it or not. The trick is keeping counselors on their toes the whole time, preventing repairs. Which isn't hard with his strengths, unless you're up against an organized group.

I’ve always found part 4 better on small maps than large maps. -shift trying to get around on a map like pinehurst? No thank you. 

9 hours ago, Crawler said:

You're underestimating what Part 4 can do.

Most people do, which only ends up playing right into his strengths.

I mean, I get it; when people see the low trap count and slower shift and can't play the way they do with some of the other Jasons they write him off as "sucking". When he was first released I wasn't happy at how he was built. Ted White's Jason was the fastest, most menacing one in the series, and I remember being especially displeased with the slow shift/water speed at first. But, because of my love for Final Chapter I stuck with it and mastered him. Now, there isn't any Jason I feel more comfortable in playing (including Savini).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ve always found part 4 better on small maps than large maps. -shift trying to get around on a map like pinehurst? No thank you. 

The reason I said that was because of how repairs occur more on small maps. What I should have said instead is "probably not good to play on small maps against an organized group".

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:27 AM, SteveChristy said:

I agree... not a disadvantage at all. But people used to +Shift may have some issues with it until they get used to it.
   Although I do not follow every single piece of advice you gave in your post... I really do not pressure anyone until I get my first shift unless they are in my face... but once I start the pressure, I do not let up at all. You have some great advice in there for players new to Part IV.

16 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I mean, I get it; when people see the low trap count and slower shift and can't play the way they do with some of the other Jasons they write him off as "sucking". When he was first released I wasn't happy at how he was built. Ted White's Jason was the fastest, most menacing one in the series, and I remember being especially displeased with the slow shift/water speed at first. But, because of my love for Final Chapter I stuck with it and mastered him. Now, there isn't any Jason I feel more comfortable in playing (including Savini).

You took the words right out of my mouth... But I cannot compare any variant to Savini as I do not have him.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, tyrant666 said:

I find it more fun with the challenge of seven counselors that can work as a team and push objectives against Part IV... and I still do well with him. Noobs that do nothing are easy to slaughter with any variant... not as much fun in my opinion.
   Not too long ago, I played against a lobby full of A.J.s... I really thought I would have a low kill count, particularly when I looked around and saw zero sound pings on the map... and they played consistently well considering the lack of sound pings. But I did pull of a 7 of 7 in that match somehow... Killing four of them in a battle over the car after I stopped it may have had something to do with it. They should never have given me a second chance to stop it by trying to pick up more players.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, tyrant666 said:

if the cars gets going. Unless the driver decides to fuck around, he's not catching the car. No Jason catches the car if the driver knows how to fuck around to exploit the stopping mechanics.

I have to disagree here... I catch the cars consistently with Part IV and rarely miss. And I play against some awesome drivers that use nerves of steel. My friends know better than to fuck around if I do miss the car... It is even rarer that I miss on my second attempt.
   This was not always true of course... It took a lot of practice with Part IV to get good at catching the cars... and practice is easy to get when you never trap a car.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I rarely have an issue with this... but I am VERY used to the -Shift weakness.

17 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Small maps just suck for so many reasons... No boat chief among them in my opinion...  I do not like them from either side of play, but I still do fine on small maps with Part IV... even against organized groups.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, Seraphic King said:

Everything else you said was valid and spot on. Remember to ultimately have fun and if someone escapes that’s fine. It’s just a game after all. I’ve seen too many people be put in a bad mood when they lose.

If you do not go for the fuse box first, or at least VERY early on... You will end up dealing with A LOT of players that get the cops called very early. In my own matches... once the cops are called... I rarely see anyone go for any other objectives at all... they just try to wait it out for the cops to arrive. I also play with some VERY skilled kiters who can take quite a while for ANY Jason player to catch... It is never good for an early call to the cops against players like that.
    If you are playing against noobs, that is one thing. Against players that know what they are doing, it is too much of a risk for the early call to the cops.

I do play for fun... and if people escape me, they earned it. I never get upset over a few people escaping... or even both cars getting started and leaving with six counselors before I have an active shift... That is VERY rare, but it happens... and not just to me. I have participated in this type of escape against skilled Jason players using many different variants, including a Part II that had all of his traps placed properly on the car I was working on.
     Giving a skilled Jason player only one counselor to chase down and kill after the first three minutes.... Priceless... even when it happens to me... It takes some skill... and a dash of luck to pull that one off.

As to kill squads... leave them be. Take care of everyone else first and let them deal with a noob as Tommy. This does not always work, but sometimes it does... and can be worth it. You do not want the best player in the match coming back as Tommy if it is in any way in your power to prevent it. If nothing else, this will give you a half decent kill count if you do die.

Many players will try to prevent the call to Tommy by hitting the power box first and trapping it.... and watching it like a hawk. This is hard to pull off consistently and the call to Tommy may have been made before you can even do this... It is also guesswork in most matches as to which box powers the Tommy house unless you see the tower in the opening cut scene.
     Block does not help as much as some would have you believe... It is not nearly as responsive as it was before the engine upgrade and in many instances is pretty useless. You still take damage in block as well, less damage, but it still adds up... Also, in the past few months I have seen block drop for no reason when I am still holding the button, and have been stunned in block many times... I remember when block worked well and was much more responsive, it did help more then... but with an indefensible demasking hit available to all after any of Jason's animations... people that said learn to block were quickly proven to be morons.

Throwing knives are your friend. Use offline bots to get good at quick throws and long distance throws... The in game archery physics for this game are the best archery physics I have yet to see in a game. You can hit someone much further away than most people think... but they are very small targets at distance and it takes practice to figure out height vs distance. Quick throws cancel a counselor's attack, making swift attacker useless when you are good at it... and no one running in a straight line away from you can avoid a quick throw if properly aimed. If you know you are facing a kill squad, save your throwing knives for them... If you lose your mask, knives are your only chance to kill one without getting hit with a sweater stun... and then it is usually game over... barring a glitch or mistake on their part.

Keeping your mask on is the biggest problem... learning as much as you can about the combat system helps a lot. Bait and dodge when you can... dodging is as easy as reversing direction with Jason, but you need to get the timing down... Swift attacker can punish you here, but players without swift attacker are easy to avoid when you get the timing down.
      Bugsy and Tommy are your biggest worry in a fight. They can take your mask VERY quickly if you are not careful. Lower strength counselors you can take a few more hits from... Also watch out for counselor bear traps, these also do damage towards demasking... and shotguns... they only have one shot as they do the most damage towards demasking and more than that would be too over powered. Flare guns also count towards demasking... and even if they miss, you are marked on everyone's map for thirty seconds or so... which let's the kill squad know where you are.
     The Jason kill is pretty easy to do... Avoiding death as Jason can be the most difficult thing in the game. If you lose your mask and sweater girl is there... your only chance to put distance between you and them is sweater girl mistiming the sweater stun as you come out of the demasking stun. If you can survive against a kill squad that is very skilled with the combat system, then you are doing well... But chances are, you will only survive so many matches against any kill squad(s).
      No plan survives the battlefield... but planning is important nonetheless. No tactic will work for you in every match... but some will work better than others in more matches... and throwing knives will always be your friend.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, Crawler said:

He can catch the car though. If his morph and shift is available, he can morph like 20 meters in front of the car and shift into it. You're underestimating what Part 4 can do.

Except the driver can see exactly where you morph to, well the direction, and some of the morph points are god awful terrible. 

So the driver just does a quick e-brake 180 and is gone in the other direction and you, lowly Part IV or II, have no ability to stop them.

20 hours ago, SirMang said:

Except the driver can see exactly where you morph to, well the direction, and some of the morph points are god awful terrible. 

So the driver just does a quick e-brake 180 and is gone in the other direction and you, lowly Part IV or II, have no ability to stop them.

Even with this... I am still stopping cars left and right... With Part IV. Lots of practice works wonders... and the skill of the driver is in most cases irrelevant from my perspective. I have lots of friends that escape driving the car almost every time they drive, against pretty much any Jason player... and I still stop them almost every time. To me playing Jason, this has been a non issue... but it has helped me escape in the car against many other Jason players.
   @GeneiJin is awesome at stopping cars as well... I cannot remember the last time I got a car out playing against him... I can't even remember the last time I escaped against him, nor the last time I saw anyone else escape against him... and I cannot say this about any other Jason player... But it is my mission to escape him with a four seater that has no room left for more players... One day Jin… one day.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:37 PM, Ahab said:

I agree... not a disadvantage at all. But people used to +Shift may have some issues with it until they get used to it.
   Although I do not follow every single piece of advice you gave in your post... I really do not pressure anyone until I get my first shift unless they are in my face... but once I start the pressure, I do not let up at all. You have some great advice in there for players new to Part IV.

You took the words right out of my mouth... But I cannot compare any variant to Savini as I do not have him.

I find it more fun with the challenge of seven counselors that can work as a team and push objectives against Part IV... and I still do well with him. Noobs that do nothing are easy to slaughter with any variant... not as much fun in my opinion.
   Not too long ago, I played against a lobby full of A.J.s... I really thought I would have a low kill count, particularly when I looked around and saw zero sound pings on the map... and they played consistently well considering the lack of sound pings. But I did pull of a 7 of 7 in that match somehow... Killing four of them in a battle over the car after I stopped it may have had something to do with it. They should never have given me a second chance to stop it by trying to pick up more players.

I have to disagree here... I catch the cars consistently with Part IV and rarely miss. And I play against some awesome drivers that use nerves of steel. My friends know better than to fuck around if I do miss the car... It is even rarer that I miss on my second attempt.
   This was not always true of course... It took a lot of practice with Part IV to get good at catching the cars... and practice is easy to get when you never trap a car.

I rarely have an issue with this... but I am VERY used to the -Shift weakness.

Small maps just suck for so many reasons... No boat chief among them in my opinion...  I do not like them from either side of play, but I still do fine on small maps with Part IV... even against organized groups.

If you do not go for the fuse box first, or at least VERY early on... You will end up dealing with A LOT of players that get the cops called very early. In my own matches... once the cops are called... I rarely see anyone go for any other objectives at all... they just try to wait it out for the cops to arrive. I also play with some VERY skilled kiters who can take quite a while for ANY Jason player to catch... It is never good for an early call to the cops against players like that.
    If you are playing against noobs, that is one thing. Against players that know what they are doing, it is too much of a risk for the early call to the cops.

I do play for fun... and if people escape me, they earned it. I never get upset over a few people escaping... or even both cars getting started and leaving with six counselors before I have an active shift... That is VERY rare, but it happens... and not just to me. I have participated in this type of escape against skilled Jason players using many different variants, including a Part II that had all of his traps placed properly on the car I was working on.
     Giving a skilled Jason player only one counselor to chase down and kill after the first three minutes.... Priceless... even when it happens to me... It takes some skill... and a dash of luck to pull that one off.

As to kill squads... leave them be. Take care of everyone else first and let them deal with a noob as Tommy. This does not always work, but sometimes it does... and can be worth it. You do not want the best player in the match coming back as Tommy if it is in any way in your power to prevent it. If nothing else, this will give you a half decent kill count if you do die.

Many players will try to prevent the call to Tommy by hitting the power box first and trapping it.... and watching it like a hawk. This is hard to pull off consistently and the call to Tommy may have been made before you can even do this... It is also guesswork in most matches as to which box powers the Tommy house unless you see the tower in the opening cut scene.
     Block does not help as much as some would have you believe... It is not nearly as responsive as it was before the engine upgrade and in many instances is pretty useless. You still take damage in block as well, less damage, but it still adds up... Also, in the past few months I have seen block drop for no reason when I am still holding the button, and have been stunned in block many times... I remember when block worked well and was much more responsive, it did help more then... but with an indefensible demasking hit available to all after any of Jason's animations... people that said learn to block were quickly proven to be morons.

Throwing knives are your friend. Use offline bots to get good at quick throws and long distance throws... The in game archery physics for this game are the best archery physics I have yet to see in a game. You can hit someone much further away than most people think... but they are very small targets at distance and it takes practice to figure out height vs distance. Quick throws cancel a counselor's attack, making swift attacker useless when you are good at it... and no one running in a straight line away from you can avoid a quick throw if properly aimed. If you know you are facing a kill squad, save your throwing knives for them... If you lose your mask, knives are your only chance to kill one without getting hit with a sweater stun... and then it is usually game over... barring a glitch or mistake on their part.

Keeping your mask on is the biggest problem... learning as much as you can about the combat system helps a lot. Bait and dodge when you can... dodging is as easy as reversing direction with Jason, but you need to get the timing down... Swift attacker can punish you here, but players without swift attacker are easy to avoid when you get the timing down.
      Bugsy and Tommy are your biggest worry in a fight. They can take your mask VERY quickly if you are not careful. Lower strength counselors you can take a few more hits from... Also watch out for counselor bear traps, these also do damage towards demasking... and shotguns... they only have one shot as they do the most damage towards demasking and more than that would be too over powered. Flare guns also count towards demasking... and even if they miss, you are marked on everyone's map for thirty seconds or so... which let's the kill squad know where you are.
     The Jason kill is pretty easy to do... Avoiding death as Jason can be the most difficult thing in the game. If you lose your mask and sweater girl is there... your only chance to put distance between you and them is sweater girl mistiming the sweater stun as you come out of the demasking stun. If you can survive against a kill squad that is very skilled with the combat system, then you are doing well... But chances are, you will only survive so many matches against any kill squad(s).
      No plan survives the battlefield... but planning is important nonetheless. No tactic will work for you in every match... but some will work better than others in more matches... and throwing knives will always be your friend.

How much damage does a shotgun do?

30 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

How much damage does a shotgun do?

Not sure on damage numbers... But the shotgun does do the most damage towards mask removal... But save a shotgun for a Jason that is trying to run. Shoot him and run up with Tommy... then hit the sweater stun the moment he is out of the stun animation. I have caught a few runners that way.
    But.... the shotgun never demasks in one hit, or even two... and Bugsy and Tommy can do it in one or two hits with certain perks equipped. But using Bugsy or Tommy without these perks.. the shotgun does the most damage.

Also... try not to quote the entire post when it is that long... it makes for a lot more to scroll through in a thread and is kind of frowned upon by the moderators. A simple tag or just quoting a relevant line is more than enough.