Sign in to follow this  
Hermann_5566356

Appeal to the developers.

Hi.

I used cheats on two accounts. I was banned. Well, that's wonderful. But why was I banned for nothing when I created three more accounts. By buying the game again and intending to play fair?

On my second account, I played quite honestly. At first I did not use any cheats that give the player in the game some unfair advantage over other players. 

But one day in one of the sessions of the game, I got toxic players from Russia, who pressed other players by car, and did not run away from Jason. (He didn't kill them) I had the temptation to turn on cheats just to annoy them.

So I was banned for the second time. 
Then I spread my hands, and decided to have a new account, which bought the game again. 
I was banned by EAC for nothing. Considering I didn't use cheats. I wasn't going to use them. For I was already taught by the bitter experience I had.

I can't even play a private match.

Then I created accounts one by one. Buying your game again. I thought that the ban is a mistake.

In General, I created three accounts.

Then I was able to learn about such a thing as ban HWID. Therefore, I think that such a punishment is not fair to me as a person who bought the game several times, making a contribution to your project.

Considering also that no one me about this punishment is not warned and is not going to return the money
I want to ask you to unban my account where I was banned not for that. So I can continue to use your product.

I understand that the use of cheats violates the rules of the game, and interferes with other players.Therefore, cheating should be punished. But I was already punished for it. I lost progress in the game, and even lost money.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

On my second account, I played quite honestly. At first I did not use any cheats that give the player in the game some unfair advantage over other players. 

But you gave into the temptation a second time after being banned already... This does not give anyone confidence that you will not do it again. Toxic Russians are not even an excuse, let alone a reason to break the rules. Perhaps you should have just left these people in their own cesspool of toxicity instead of giving into temptation. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Repeat offenders statistically continue to repeat their offenses... If you actually have had a change of heart concerning cheats, I applaud you... But you can blame every other repeat offender out there for most people not believing you when you say... you "intended to play fair" after already being banned twice. After all, you kept the cheats active to be turned on during a match on your second account by your own admission here.... 

30 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

I had the temptation to turn on cheats just to annoy them.

So I was banned for the second time. 

Perhaps you should have gotten rid of them if you cannot resist the temptation... and you would still be playing.
   It is nice to know that cheaters still get banned, despite the claims of many people that say they don't ban anyone. It is also nice to know that hardware ID bans are in use around here... This is the first instance I have heard of one being used in this game.

• Like 1

Even though it’s foul play to exploit glitches in the game, I do not believe anyone should be banned for doing that. Rendering someone’s purchase obsolete due to coding issues they have is not ethical.

any tinkering with the code of the game should equal instant but temporary ban but with a refund of the game if they refuse to let you use it anymore over small things that other people provide on the internet to patch into the code. If you hacked the source code yourself and released it on the net you should be sued.

not sure if they actually do this, but people shouldn’t get banned for finding spots on the map that have coding isssues, and they may not I don’t know, but as much as I hate it when people do this, i don’t feel it’s the players responsibility to avoid bugs and what so many people refer to as “cheating” on this game when it comes to the ability to play the game.

Just my opinion but I don’t like reporting systems of any kind, even though I have a 100 percent good Xbox live account I do not like reporting systems that fault people for foul language etc. many a friend has been com banned on Xbox for a period of time for cussing which is completely stupid.

This game is a one time purchase, it’s not a paid service, i don’t know how all the banning goes but players should still be able to play on non dedicated servers no matter what. It’s easy to rid yourself of a bad player in a private lobby

It's really hard to be sympathetic to your issue 😂 

Just now, Ahab said:

Repeat offenders statistically continue to repeat their offenses... If you actually have had a change of heart concerning cheats, I applaud you... But you can blame every other repeat offender out there for most people not believing you when you say... you "intended to play fair" after already being banned twice. After all, you kept the cheats active to be turned on during a match on your second account by your own admission here.... 

Even if I committed this offense in the game a second time, the HWID ban is unnecessary. Especially when nobody told me that here there is this kind of punishment. I was banned twice. That means I was punished for the offense. 
If I have the opportunity to buy the product again. Why can't I use it without problems?

11 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

Even if I committed this offense in the game a second time, the HWID ban is unnecessary. Especially when nobody told me that here there is this kind of punishment. I was banned twice. That means I was punished for the offense. 
If I have the opportunity to buy the product again. Why can't I use it without problems?

What exactly did you do to cheat the game and on what system?

Just now, AshTray900 said:

What exactly did you do to cheat the game and on what system?

I used the lagswitcher Clamsy 2.0. On windows 7.

6 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

So in a sense if I’m understanding this software correctly it simply causes your network connection to be extremely slow but doesn’t interact with the game code at all? This is what google said about clamsy, if that’s the case you haven’t tampered with the game, some people have naturally very slow internet and this just makes the game lag for everyone, what is the reason for using this, how does it benefit you, and how do they even detect it?

31 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Even though it’s foul play to exploit glitches in the game, I do not believe anyone should be banned for doing that. Rendering someone’s purchase obsolete due to coding issues they have is not ethical.

Matt said a while back they do not ban people for using glitches... But the original poster said he "turned on" his cheats... you do not turn on a glitch spot... and turning cheats on is a choice, not an accident. I also agree with you that glitchers should not be banned, many glitch by accident and do not even do it intentionally... but some glitches can only be achieved through intent... and it is still a shitty way to play a game.
    Slide glitching on the other hand gives a massive unfair advantage to a counselor fighting Jason... This one is really pushing it and perhaps should qualify as a bannable offense... particularly for repeated usage in one fight... Just my opinion on that one.

38 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

This game is a one time purchase, it’s not a paid service, i don’t know how all the banning goes but players should still be able to play on non dedicated servers no matter what. It’s easy to rid yourself of a bad player in a private lobby

The game is indeed a one time purchase... But there is a list of bannable offenses that is pretty damned easy to find... There is a user agreement before installing any game or program, accepting this not only allows you to install the game or program, but it also indicates that you agreed to follow the rules or accept the consequences... whether the user read it or not.

14 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

As I stated above, there is a user agreement that appears before installing the game... you CANNOT install the game without agreeing to it... Perhaps you should have read it. There is also a little thing called "google"... which is all you need to find the list of bannable offenses for ANY game.
   You also do not get to pick your punishment and your opinion about what is or is not necessary as a punishment WILL NOT and should not be considered. Punishment is never left up to the person being punished for a great many reasons... and rightly so.

Repeat offenders should receive hardware bans... it keeps them out of the game after that. How many times should honest players have to report the same person for the same crap?... I am all for second chances, but I am against third chances... If someone cannot learn their lesson the second time, that is on them.
    If you are on steam, then you should be able to get a refund if you have less than two hours of play time. If you couldn't play with a third or successive purchase, than you should be able to get a refund... It should not even allow you to buy it with a hardware ban in my opinion... but that may just be an oversight or bug in their system. You may have to contact steam on that one... I am not sure as I have never had to deal with any type of ban.

8 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

Never heard of that one and had to google it... Very naughty of you. You can still appeal to the developers if you wish... but you cannot force them to answer you. It is VERY rare that a public appeal like this goes well unless the ban was an accident... and in your case, it was not an accident judging by what you have already stated. But your inability to refund successive purchases may well be an accident on their part.

4 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

So in a sense if I’m understanding this software correctly it simply causes your network connection to be extremely slow but doesn’t interact with the game code at all? This is what google said about clamsy, if that’s the case you haven’t tampered with the game, some people have naturally very slow internet and this just makes the game lag for everyone, what is the reason for using this, how does it benefit you, and how do they even detect it?

These types of programs ARE bannable. Here is what I found when I googled it... Using this program, you can freeze other players and kill them with ease. Besides killing other players, they won't be able to kill you. It can be used as god mode. On the other player's screen they will not see this lag, but on his screen they will be standing still... This one should top the list of bannable offenses.

EAC will detect any of these programs that it knows how to detect... and when a new one pops up, it will slip by EAC until there is an update to EAC concerning that specific program. Packet loss detection is how this lagswitcher program is detected.

6 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

what is the reason for using this, how does it benefit you, and how do they even detect it?

The character that you, for example, control, moves jerks. So the acceleration of the movement of the character.

If you are in the role of a survivor, it is easier to get away from Jason and moves around the map.

If you're in the role of Jason, you move faster.

EAC has learned to easily find the processes of this program.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

If you are on steam, then you should be able to get a refund if you have less than two hours of play time. If you couldn't play with a third or successive purchase, than you should be able to get a refund... It should not even allow you to buy it with a hardware ban in my opinion... but that may just be an oversight or bug in their system. You may have to contact steam on that one... I am not sure as I have never had to deal with any type of ban.

Steam refuses to refund the purchase when you are banned. 
And ban I usually get after a few minutes of the game on a new account.

I end up with nothing.

No sympathy for cheaters.

Consider it an expensive lesson learned.

In the future, wait for a sale on the game and avoid using any cheats or programs. You will keep getting banned.

Never thought players would need a lagswitch on Friday The 13th.

I always have 100ms or higher on average for dedicated servers.

Private matches 200ms and higher. Sometimes 300ms to 500ms.

Plenty of lag spikes and weird moments. Maybe it's part of why I encounter bugs in most matches.

Yeah on Xbox lag messes everyone up. You could probably put a bandwidth limiter on your pc’s IP address, seems counter productive, guess I’m not used to anybody actually wanting to do it because it freeze frames you etc, seriously you could go turn on your Netflix in several rooms and stream 4K if you want shitty bandwidth, still dumb.

and on the level, god mode is dumb anyways, I mean I used a game genie on old games I just couldn’t beat but only because I wanted to see the ending. This game has no reason to cheat, it’s stupid, and leveling up is kind of useless too, I mean I have just as much fun on pc, level 13 as I do on Xbox level 150 that has probably rolled over the odometer twice.

cheat on your first purchase on you, like ahab said, however I seriously think they are equally cheating you out of money if they are letting you repurchase a game over and over when you are already banned, every purchase after you have been permanently banned should be refunded 100%, it’s like getting a bad driving record, your insurance company lets you continue to sign up but in the fine print they say you can still pay but we ain’t covering shit.

i agree that you should have no access to a public server if you abuse it, but I also think this game is flawed in the fact that you cannot run 100 percent pier to pier, like over a LAN or by hosting a private server for your friends, games used to do this, they don’t anymore which really ticks me off because in the distant future it will probably be impossible to play this game with friends, but if you could connect over lan / wan privately which I think every game purchased that isn’t a monthly service you should have this capability at least on PC, in this circumstance banning the game from starting would be completely out of line no matter what you did unless it was pirated.

before modern gaming the only way to play multiplayer was to pier to pier connect. This will probably be the only way to play 10 years from now, have an old system or run it in emulation, unless the developers back out and turn multiplayer over to Microsoft on Xbox and Microsoft continues to make it backward compatible for a long time (not likely)

6 hours ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

The character that you, for example, control, moves jerks. So the acceleration of the movement of the character.

If you are in the role of a survivor, it is easier to get away from Jason and moves around the map.

If you're in the role of Jason, you move faster.

EAC has learned to easily find the processes of this program.

Are you banned from being able to access single player stuff, like does the game refuse to start or does it just not let you connect to multiplayer?

Just now, AshTray900 said:

Are you banned from being able to access single player stuff, like does the game refuse to start or does it just not let you connect to multiplayer?

I have access to single-user content. But I do not have access to dedicated servers in multiplayer, and can not create private matches to play with friends.

20 minutes ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

I have access to single-user content. But I do not have access to dedicated servers in multiplayer, and can not create private matches to play with friends.

That’s kinda on you then buddy, I’m sorry that the game will not let you use multiplayer outside of their servers. If they kept letting you re-buy the game after they have blocked your hardware ID I think you should get a refund but that’s my opinion, guess it will work if your hardware ID changes, upgrade your mobo and rebuild your computer with windows 10 lol and then learn to play right.

I do feel it’s kind of a scam letting you continue to purchase a game when they blocked your hardware if they did not send you an email stating your system will be permanently network blocked when they did it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

I had the temptation to turn on cheats just to annoy them.

By "turning on" cheats, that means you already had them installed. Which means you never installed this game without the cheat software in place. You wanted it to be there so you could turn it on at a moment's notice. You are not a good player. You don't belong. You just want an excuse to keep cheating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

It honestly too bad the developers can’t ban you from off-line as well......you will find no sympathy here.

6 hours ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

Most people learn after the first offense. Doing something you clearly know is wrong a second time is asking for trouble. It's unfortunate this had to happen, but I hope you've learned a valuable lesson.

4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Never thought players would need a lagswitch on Friday The 13th.

Some players need an alternate to putting in the time to learn to play the game the right way.

Cheaters give gamers a bad name, and create toxicity where there need not be any..

3 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

Yeah on Xbox lag messes everyone up. You could probably put a bandwidth limiter on your pc’s IP address, seems counter productive, guess I’m not used to anybody actually wanting to do it because it freeze frames you etc, seriously you could go turn on your Netflix in several rooms and stream 4K if you want shitty bandwidth, still dumb. I'm pretty sure lag is a problem on every platform, with some better than others.

and on the level, god mode is dumb anyways, I mean I used a game genie on old games I just couldn’t beat but only because I wanted to see the ending. This game has no reason to cheat, it’s stupid, and leveling up is kind of useless too, I mean I have just as much fun on pc, level 13 as I do on Xbox level 150 that has probably rolled over the odometer twice.

Cheat devices like the Game Genie can be a good way to see the ending of a difficult game. It can also be a good way to learn the game, and eventually complete the game without it. Think of it being like taking the training wheels off of a bicycle.

cheat on your first purchase on you, like ahab said, however I seriously think they are equally cheating you out of money if they are letting you repurchase a game over and over when you are already banned, every purchase after you have been permanently banned should be refunded 100%, it’s like getting a bad driving record, your insurance company lets you continue to sign up but in the fine print they say you can still pay but we ain’t covering shit.

If it is written in fine print, and you choose to buy the game over and over, then that's your mistake.

If it is not in fine print and you purchase the game over and over, then perhaps you should be reimbursed.

i agree that you should have no access to a public server if you abuse it, but I also think this game is flawed in the fact that you cannot run 100 percent pier to pier, like over a LAN or by hosting a private server for your friends, games used to do this, they don’t anymore which really ticks me off because in the distant future it will probably be impossible to play this game with friends, but if you could connect over lan / wan privately which I think every game purchased that isn’t a monthly service you should have this capability at least on PC, in this circumstance banning the game from starting would be completely out of line no matter what you did unless it was pirated.

Perhaps at the end of the game's life cycle, the players will get this option. We're not at the end just yet.

before modern gaming the only way to play multiplayer was to pier to pier connect. This will probably be the only way to play 10 years from now, have an old system or run it in emulation, unless the developers back out and turn multiplayer over to Microsoft on Xbox and Microsoft continues to make it backward compatible for a long time (not likely)

Multiplayer gaming goes back a little farther than that. Multiplayer used to be one system and one copy of the game, with everyone sitting around the tv playing together. Those were some fun times.

3 hours ago, Hermann_5566356 said:

Single user content is better than nothing.

When the next big online multiplayer game that interests you comes along, consider playing honestly going forward.

• Thanks 1

If you got banned for cheating then it's going to stay that way. Perhaps once before some players were unbanned after a period of time for roof glitching, but using cheat programs is a permanent ban as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1