5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities.

I am really not sure what kind of spaghetti code you’d have to be running where touching prompt behaviour causes Shift cooldown to drop to 10 seconds. Coding-wise, it actually defies logic.

I also hope the issues were understood (and fixed) better than you have described here, because you’ve actually not described either one of them correctly.

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The team has already stated that before we think about any shutdowns, we'll make sure players are able to access the game after dedicated servers are no more.

Do you think maybe you can say what would be done or has already been done?

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I am really not sure what kind of spaghetti code you’d have to be running where touching prompt behaviour causes Shift cooldown to drop to 10 seconds. Coding-wise, it actually defies logic.

I also hope the issues were understood (and fixed) better than you have described here, because you’ve actually not described either one of them correctly.

I don’t develop the game, I develop a strategy on the community side. The post above is not meant to be a Ted Talk on game dev. It’s also been verified by our team, specifically a Senior Producer. As far as whether or not they’re described correctly, I’ll defer to the word of the producer that’s working on our game. Part of the work done on interactions involved Jason’s Shift ability, and if I’m not mistaken, that’s how the issue there came about. But just like I did with this OP, I would need to verify with the team.

10 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Do you think maybe you can say what would be done or has already been done?

Hasn’t been done yet, so we’ll hold off on details until it’s a work in progress.

12 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hasn’t been done yet, so we’ll hold off on details until it’s a work in progress.

Just a heads up.....there are many of us here that hope that any shut down work in progress doesn’t happen for a long time.😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Just a heads up.....there are many of us here that hope that any shut down work in progress doesn’t happen for a long time.😃

Can totally relate to that, I'm just interested in what they have planned in case something does unexpectedly happen (one day). Although as I said this before, I wish for that to never happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Can totally relate to that, I'm just interested in what they have planned in case something does unexpectedly happen (one day). Although as I said this before, I wish for that to never happen.

I do hope they come through for us when the servers shut down and we have the ability to host the game on our own internet.....I will be very sad if I am not able to play as a counselor and only have off-line bots and challenges.

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

I do hope they come through for us when the servers shut down and we have the ability to host the game on our own internet.....I will be very sad if I am not able to play as a counselor and only have off-line bots and challenges.

That's what I was asking about, but we can't be told what will happen when it happens. It's OK, as long as it doesn't happen anytime soon because I don't need me to be kicked from a game while I'm picking up a weapon and can't because the host left LOL. I miss those days of being triggered so much that I would just quit playing until night.

• Haha 1

I'm assuming it will go peer to peer connections once the servers are gone.It's not great but better than no online at all.Just have to deal with host rage quits end the match unless they can get some kind of host migration.

4 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm assuming it will go pear to pear connections once the servers are gone.It's not great but better than no online at all.Just have to deal with host rage quits end the match unless they can get some kind of host migration.

Maybe that would be possible if it was fast enough to transfer the current map data to the new host? Unless the reason they can't do this is because they wouldn't be able to hold the data because it would already be gone by the time the host leaves. Basically, what I'm saying is without a server, the connection can't "stay alive" is what they call it. If you noticed, when a host leaves now, it keeps our connections, "alive." While if we had regular hosts, it would immediately shutdown our connections because the host is disconnecting all other clients.

When hosting on someones port from their IP, and they leave, everyone who is on it would be disconnected as that port would be closed.

6 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm assuming it will go peer to peer connections once the servers are gone.It's not great but better than no online at all.Just have to deal with host rage quits end the match unless they can get some kind of host migration.

I will definitely be happy with that, I can get private matches with friends of mine without worries of rage quitters:

5 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

WOOOOOO

Sounds like if this next patch goes off with out a hitch the game will be in a much better place!

A206CEDC-A61E-4138-BE10-9AB3B6E359CB.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Sounds like if this next patch goes off with out a hitch the game will be in a much better place!

You forgot an O 🤣

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

the life stealin' machete weildin' throat slashin' head bashin' WOOOO son-of-a-BITCH!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

the life stealin' machete weildin' throat slashin' head bashin' WOOOO son-of-a-BITCH!

Lol ! Jason gives new meaning to Knife edged chops.....Rick Flairs second favorite move other than the figure four....or cheating.

• Haha 1

Lol !Jason gives new meaning to Knife edged chops.....Rick Flairs second favorite move other than the figure four....or cheating.

new kill pack: knife edge chops, figure four leg lock and fighting dirty..

WOOOOOOOOOO get on it @mattshotcha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, glowing ooze said:

Not going to lie this would be the best kill pack ever!!!

• Haha 1

Not going to lie this would be the best kill pack ever!!!

i am going to have to agree on this one 😎

@mattshotcha @OCT 31 1978

Waterworld found underneath Friday The 13th.

Clip 1 - Getting into the 4 seater and finding a secret portal to Waterworld on Higgins Haven.

https://xboxclips.com/GhostWolfViking/3a3f4c62-ddf3-4ef8-9693-b156eb881735/embed

Clip 2 - Trying to find dry land with another Vanessa and Jason following us.

https://xboxclips.com/GhostWolfViking/641d62cb-c212-4e0e-9662-e94724b5d99f/embed

Clip 3 - Swimming for the police exit and falling off the map to my death under the main lodge. Never did find Kevin Costner. 😄

https://xboxclips.com/GhostWolfViking/9cea2dea-7a31-4a17-95bb-ae20938ef920/embed

Waterworld.jpg

Costner wasn't found but at least you developed stretchy Freddy Krueger arms!

5 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

And when they use the sweater on Jason, he deals a Savage low blow just before Tommy kills him

• Haha 1