4 minutes ago, JED said:

I am saying that because I've seen the same bugs get fixed over and over and then I see these "updates" claiming to "fix" a bug that's been here since the friggin game released. Some of these customers/fans have been following this game longer then you've been posting on these forums. When I saw this game was going to release on Switch I thought wow...those poor people dont even realize they are buying a broken game with no future. Seeing the same complaints of bugs coming from the Switch customers just makes me sick. So yeah I believe you guys are milking the fans and taking advantage of people that don't known any better just to make another buck off this dead broken game. 

I believe they came out with the switch version to make money obviously, as it’s important for any business to have cash flow. That’s the #1 thing in business. Do I think it should’ve costed $20 instead of $40? Certainly it should’ve been cheaper due to the game being broken still. As much as I’m irritated with the game being broken I’m happy they are still trying for the community on keeping the game alive for us. They didn’t just release the switch version for themselves, they also did it to keep dedicated servers rolling I believe. There’s also been talk about of them switching the game to hosts in quick play when dedicated servers shut down. I can appreciate I can still play after servers shut down. 

They are still trying to get the game fixed for us. While they could do a better job at least they aren’t quitting on us. There’s a ton of bugs in this game to fix. But the main issues we have left are cars, environment kills, Jason’s kills not highlighting after he grabs someone out of car (this one needs to be a top priority), random counselors, glitched Jason’s, Jason staying in a grab position and getting stuck in it and needs to go to water to fix it, etc..... they fix these main issues I think we’ll be sitting pretty good. 

Also they really have to make the Jason kill very difficult before they quit updating the game as well. That also needs to be priority before they stop updating the game. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

they started everything with slasher films and will always be the best. 

Technically, that was Norman Bates who started the slasher genre... based on Ed Gein... just as Leatherface was (who also had his first movie before Michael) and Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. Psycho inspired the later movies in a great many ways... and if not for Norman, we may never have seen Jason or Michael on film... I think there was even more blood shown in Psycho than there was in the original Halloween movie... And it had Jamie Leigh Curtis' mother (Janet Leigh) as the first victim.
   But I agree... Jason and Michael definitely defined the genre and are my favorite slashers... with Jason taking the number one position in my opinion.
  We will see Michael in two more movies soon... and hopefully it carries the interest over long enough for the lawsuit to settle and a movie to move forward. Whoever wins the lawsuit, a new F13 movie could revive interest in this game down the road and keep it alive longer.

30 minutes ago, JED said:

those poor people dont even realize they are buying a broken game with no future.

No future eh?... and how do you know this? No future would mean it would be dead TOMMORROW. Being you seem to think you are a psychic.... Can we get some winning lottery numbers over here?... and being you are a psychic and know everything that has not happened yet, I should not have to tell you which lottery I am asking for numbers with.
    People have been saying this game is dead since before I bought it. They were wrong then, they are still wrong now. Get a grip on reality and stop spreading crap... it is not very hygienic. 
    And apparently you did not know they would have the same bugs as the three previous platforms?... Why wouldn't it?... Did you think they had fixed all the bugs for just for switch?... Have you ever even looked at the bug history of ANY other game that is on multiple platforms?
    Apparently, not very psychic at all. Funniest post I have read all day... thanks for that at least.

2 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

This is the first patch I have not found any new bugs . Thank you for fixing the 2 issues and getting it out quickly.

Right with you on that... Have not seen ANY new bugs since this patch dropped. 
   @mattshotcha I have not said it yet as the Ghost's words have reminded me... So thank you... to everyone involved in getting this patch out... and for putting up with all of us for as long as you have... Fans of this franchise are a bit touchy, but most of us mean well... And some of us at least appreciate the hard work.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I believe they came out with the switch version to make money obviously, as it’s important for any business to have cash flow. That’s the #1 thing in business. Do I think it should’ve costed $20 instead of $40? Certainly it should’ve been cheaper due to the game being broken still. As much as I’m irritated with the game being broken I’m happy they are still trying for the community on keeping the game alive for us. They didn’t just release the switch version for themselves, they also did it to keep dedicated servers rolling I believe. There’s also been talk about of them switching the game to hosts in quick play when dedicated servers shut down. I can appreciate I can still play after servers shut down. 

They are still trying to get the game fixed for us. While they could do a better job at least they aren’t quitting on us. There’s a ton of bugs in this game to fix. But the main issues we have left are cars, environment kills, Jason’s kills not highlighting after he grabs someone out of car (this one needs to be a top priority), random counselors, glitched Jason’s, Jason staying in a grab position and getting stuck in it and needs to go to water to fix it, etc..... they fix these main issues I think we’ll be sitting pretty good. 

Also they really have to make the Jason kill very difficult before they quit updating the game as well. That also needs to be priority before they stop updating the game. 

There has been no real updating going on since the last DLC man. It just keeps going in circles with bugs and patches. Sure they will keep things running till that trickle of money stops and I wont be surprised that alot of these bugs will still be here when it happens.

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Technically, that was Norman Bates who started the slasher genre... based on Ed Gein... just as Leatherface was (who also had his first movie before Michael) and Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. Psycho inspired the later movies in a great many ways... and if not for Norman, we may never have seen Jason or Michael on film... I think there was even more blood shown in Psycho than there was in the original Halloween movie... And it had Jamie Leigh Curtis' mother (Janet Leigh) as the first victim.
   But I agree... Jason and Michael definitely defined the genre and are my favorite slashers... with Jason taking the number one position in my opinion.
  We will see Michael in two more movies soon... and hopefully it carries the interest over long enough for the lawsuit to settle and a movie to move forward. Whoever wins the lawsuit, a new F13 movie could revive interest in this game down the road and keep it alive longer.

No future eh?... and how do you know this? No future would mean it would be dead TOMMORROW. Being you seem to think you are a psychic.... Can we get some winning lottery numbers over here?... and being you are a psychic and know everything that has not happened yet, I should not have to tell you which lottery I am asking for numbers with.
    People have been saying this game is dead since before I bought it. They were wrong then, they are still wrong now. Get a grip on reality and stop spreading crap... it is not very hygienic. 
    And apparently you did not know they would have the same bugs as the three previous platforms?... Why wouldn't it?... Did you think they had fixed all the bugs for just for switch?... Have you ever even looked at the bug history of ANY other game that is on multiple platforms?
    Apparently, not very psychic at all. Funniest post I have read all day... thanks for that at least.

@mattshotcha I have not said it yet as the Ghost's words have reminded me... So thank you... to everyone involved in getting this patch out... and for putting up with all of us for as long as you have... Fans of this franchise are a bit touchy, but most of us mean well... And some of us at least appreciate the hard work.

I just wanted to give you a confused emoji and move on but it wont let me. So uh yeah no future...don't have to be physic for that when they said the lawsuit would prevent them from adding anything to the game ever...know how long ago that was? You new here or just in denial hehe.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Armani? said:

Depends on how they make it. It wouldn't really make that much sense to release entirely new game with basically the same gameplay. 

It would make more sense to rerelease this game.

In the event that another company makes a new F13 game, I'm sure a number of things will be different from this experience we currently have.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying this game, as the interaction issues are not a problem anymore. Thanks @mattshotcha.

16 minutes ago, JED said:

I just wanted to give you a confused emoji and move on but it wont let me. So uh yeah no future...don't have to be physic for that when they said the lawsuit would prevent them from adding anything to the game ever...know how long ago that was? You new here or just in denial hehe.

End of content was announced June 11th 2018... and immediately thereafter people claimed it would kill the game. Most of them were the same moronic trolls that have been saying this game is dead since before I bought it. Still not dead... they are still wrong... and so are you. 
    Just in case you didn't notice... the date of June 11 2018 is actually over a year ago... being it is now August 14 2019... and the game still isn't dead due to people actually still playing it... and it just got a port to another platform... and is NOT shutting down tomorrow which indicates a "future". End of Content does not mean end of game... Learn to use the language we agreed upon when this conversation began.
    You are not new here, and neither am I... but I am not the one in denial... facts are facts... and you can prove anything is true with facts... These same FACTS also prove what you stated is a load of bullshit... There, now you should no longer be confused... and if you are still in denial of this, all you have to do is prove ANYTHING I said is false... go on... try.
    Personally, I have a hard time taking people seriously in ANY way that do not know the meaning of simple words like "dead" and "future"... In the words of Dean Wormer... "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."... This IS NOT an insult... they are literally words to live by.
Also...

32 minutes ago, JED said:

There has been no real updating going on since the last DLC man.

Patch notes for every single update that we DID GET since our last DLC was released (and even further back before that) are under patch notes on these very forums, and are all dated so you know when they were released... Just so you know where to look to prove that this statement of yours is total, and complete... CRAP.
    NON of us need to be psychic to know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about... so stop with the crap.
    Also... if you would like to continue this... start another thread... and I will be happy to refute everything you say with something we call FACTS.

53 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That we do.

Indeed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

End of content was announced June 11th 2018... and immediately thereafter people claimed it would kill the game. Most of them were the same moronic trolls that have been saying this game is dead since before I bought it. Still not dead... they are still wrong... and so are you. 
    Just in case you didn't notice... the date of June 11 2018 is actually over a year ago... being it is now August 14 2019... and the game still isn't dead due to people actually still playing it... and it just got a port to another platform... and is NOT shutting down tomorrow which indicates a "future". End of Content does not mean end of game... Learn to use the language we agreed upon when this conversation began.
    You are not new here, and neither am I... but I am not the one in denial... facts are facts... and you can prove anything is true with facts... These same FACTS also prove what you stated is a load of bullshit... There, now you should no longer be confused... and if you are still in denial of this, all you have to do is prove ANYTHING I said is false... go on... try.
    Personally, I have a hard time taking people seriously in ANY way that do not know the meaning of simple words like "dead" and "future"... In the words of Dean Wormer... "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."... This IS NOT an insult... they are literally words to live by.
Also...

Patch notes for every single update that we DID GET since our last DLC was released (and even further back before that) are under patch notes on these very forums, and are all dated so you know when they were released... Just so you know where to look to prove that this statement of yours is total, and complete... CRAP.
    NON of us need to be psychic to know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about... so stop with the crap.
    Also... if you would like to continue this... start another thread... and I will be happy to refute everything you say with something we call FACTS.

Indeed.

Hehe this is for you...

when-youve-got-to-go-to-work-but-protect-people-50837579.png

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JED said:

You new here or just in denial hehe.

Your hurt feelings are irrelevant. Just so you know.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I guess I should have stated it differently that Michael and Jason were the ones that truly kicked off the slasher films and are the reason why they’re popular nowadays I feel like. 

I would put Michael as the number one spot in my opinion with Jason as my 2nd. Michael has just always intimidated me more. The way he stalks his victims and plays mind games..... and the way he looks is just flat out creepy. Michael always gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Im really looking forward to those two new Halloween movies coming 

don’t we want victor miller to be the one to win? Also I remember him saying in a video on YouTube he’s all for a new f13 movie and he’s all about new content for the game. He would be a really good person to help with a new movie and he’d definitely approve a new friday game

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

don’t we want victor miller to be the one to win? Also I remember him saying in a video on YouTube he’s all for a new f13 movie and he’s all about new content for the game. He would be a really good person to help with a new movie and he’d definitely approve a new friday game

Victor’s vision of Friday is the first movie, he doesn’t have a high opinion of what came after. I don’t think he’d stop the fans from getting a new movie or game but until the suit is done we just don’t know. 

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Victor’s vision of Friday is the first movie, he doesn’t have a high opinion of what came after. I don’t think he’d stop the fans from getting a new movie or game but until the suit is done we just don’t know. 

Well imo it’d make sense to start from the beginning with Pamela as killer as a remake. And then continue on after that movie with jason

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kane78 said:

Maybe (cough) double tape drops for the weekend.

Or *cough* double XP for downtime issues?

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

Norman Bates is a serial killer...but for me Psycho (masterpiece) is more a mistery film than a pure slasher film. Italian Giallo and The Texas Chainsawn Massacre (1974) are for me the first steps in the pure slasher films. And dont forget JAWS (1975)... slasher...in the water or Alien (1979) Slasher in the space (Jason X cof cof 😅)

PD: Sorry for the offtopic...and my english

If Psycho isn’t the fore father of slashers then a little film called Black Christmas is. It was released in 74 same as Texas. It’s most closely a predecessor of Scream, as they both make heavy use of the phone to build tension. It’s also Canadian which surprises a lot of people as it’s both well shot and hard to not see the characters and locations as stereotypically American. I have a fondness for it, mostly due to Margo Kidder (Lois Lane), who while not the final girl is ballsy and a real scene stealer. @Gottaevil you should check it out if you haven’t seen it. 

10 hours ago, 2moar said:

how about you all just keep it on topic?

Sorry, sometimes these conversations are going to interrupt. Think about it not as a distraction but as the act of community. We all come here to talk about Friday but also the other things that we don’t get meaningful conversation about elsewhere, sometimes those conversations just happen in the middle of random threads. You’re welcome to join.

9 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Or *cough* double XP for downtime issues?

Not a bad suggestion, increased tape drop would be another good one. (I’ve been done for awhile but others are having a hard time).

10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Well imo it’d make sense to start from the beginning with Pamela as killer as a remake. And then continue on after that movie with jason

With a proper reboot, I’d be all for that. I always think of her as being the most important part of Jason’s motivation, and doing it well would make it a film worth revisiting. Fix the mystery at it’s core, show Pamela with young Jason and have a twist that leaves it open to be continued, doesn’t seem to hard.

I’m not so much worried about Victor winning and Friday going away, my concern is who he’s (or any other winner) is going to trust with it. I want it to be a passion project, that respects itself and not a cash grab. (Which the two Halloween sequels might be, we’ll see.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If Psycho isn’t the fore father of slashers then a little film called Black Christmas is. It was released in 74 same as Texas. It’s most closely a predecessor of Scream, as they both make heavy use of the phone to build tension. It’s also Canadian which surprises a lot of people as it’s both well shot and hard to not see the characters and locations as stereotypically American. I have a fondness for it, mostly due to Margo Kidder (Lois Lane), who while not the final girl is ballsy and a real scene stealer. @Gottaevil you should check it out if you haven’t seen it. 

Sorry, sometimes these conversations are going to interrupt. Think about it not as a distraction but as the act of community. We all come here to talk about Friday but also the other things that we don’t get meaningful conversation about elsewhere, sometimes those conversations just happen in the middle of random threads. You’re welcome to join.

Not a bad suggestion, increased tape drop would be another good one. (I’ve been done for awhile but others are having a hard time).

With a proper reboot, I’d be all for that. I always think of her as being the most important part of Jason’s motivation, and doing it well would make it a film worth revisiting. Fix the mystery at it’s core, show Pamela with young Jason and have a twist that leaves it open to be continued, doesn’t seem to hard.

I’m not so much worried about Victor winning and Friday going away, my concern is who he’s (or any other winner) is going to trust with it. I want it to be a passion project, that respects itself and not a cash grab. (Which the two Halloween sequels might be, we’ll see.)

I forget Black Christmas. I have in the backlog. 😉

PD: And "The Burning" (1981) is the best "unofficiall" Friday The 13th movie. :chadwut:

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 2:04 AM, DontZzz34 said:

It may come sooner than we think. My guess is that the lawsuit will end in 1-2 years. If that’s the case Friday the 13th will be HOT when the lawsuit ends. So there will be a new movie coming out, games, etc.... people are gonna be jumping all over it and bring back the franchise in full effect. Just my prediction

I am hopeful we get a new Friday movie sometime in the 20s.

I'm not optimistic because it's been 10 years at this point since the last Friday movie.

I'm also not optimistic because the last attempt at a Friday movie wasn't cancelled because of the lawsuit, it was cancelled because of lack of interest in moviegoers to remade/reimagined/redone horror movies.   https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/811697-new-friday-the-13th-movie-completely-shut-down 

@Slasher_Clone @Gottaevil

Peeping Tom is the forefather to the slasher film genre.

1960 film.  Released 2 months before Psycho.

If neither of you have seen it, I recommend you check it out. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Peeping Tom is the forefather to the slasher film genre.

I think I’ve heard of it but can’t recall seeing it, I’ll check it out though. Thanks man.

14 hours ago, JED said:

Hehe this is for you...

You a funny guy... Now how exactly do you think calling out someone's bullshit is defending anyone? Where exactly did I defend anyone? And finally... HOW did I defend anyone? I am into facts... and against bullshit... and I know enough to look at both (or all) sides of every story.
   Your understanding of basic English is pretty bad... not your mother tongue I guess.

@SirMang   I have never heard of Peeping Tom, had to google it. Psycho is mentioned as inspiration for Halloween by John Carpenter... Miller drew inspiration from it as well... just as Cunningham drew inspiration from Halloween and its success before F13 and was trying to capitalize on it and makes mention of Psycho being inspiration as well. I have never heard of Peeping Tom sited as inspiration for any of these movies... or I would have heard of it before now... But I will have to check that one out... Thanks.
   Also... Psycho could not have drawn any inspiration from a movie that was release while it was in post production... and the book was written before the movie was written.
   But without a real life serial killer named Ed Gein, we would never have had Psycho, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre... Nor could the later movies have drawn inspiration from something that would not have existed without Ed's real, and horrific crimes. The slasher genre would be very different today without that real life psycho... But he really deserves no credit, the man was a monster... and if Scooby Doo taught us anything, it is that ALL monsters are human.
   Also, the link to that article is correct about the performance of "Rings"... and it may have had something to do with that one being canceled. A horror movie failing does not give inspiration to investors to put money into a horror movie production. But I do not think the failure of Rings would necessarily have been the same audience that a slasher movie is targeting... How many F13 fans even bothered watching the first one, let alone the second one?... I never had any interest in that franchise at all... but that is just my opinion.
    @Gottaevil Norman Bates is indeed a serial killer. And by definition, so is Pamela Voorhees, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, Michael Myers... and so on.

@DontZzz34 Michael is indeed VERY creepy, but I attribute that to the William Shatner mask he wears... on top of the reasons you stated.
   As far as Mr. Miller goes... he was approached to write the script. Cunningham went to him and asked him to write a script around an idea he had...  Miller did not bring a script to Cunningham, nor did he shop it around to anyone else before Cunningham. By definition, that is work of hire... whether it was stated as such in Miller's contract should be irrelevant, it was a new law at the time... and with the vast amount of laws even back then, let alone now... there is no lawyer that knows every law in the U.S. This was never refuted by Miller in ANY interview before he began legal proceedings... Makes me wonder why that is... and I am still shocked he won the first round to begin with.
    Of course he is not against new F13 content, merchandise or movies... If he wins ANY rights to the copyright... he will get money from it. And @Slasher_Clone is correct... if Miller had any rights back then, we would never have had Jason in a movie at all beyond the end of Part 1... In his mind and his original story, Jason was dead. He has stated this MANY times over the years... It would probably have continued with Jason's father as the killer, or maybe an unmentioned sibling that wanted revenge for Pamela's death.
    IAnthony did an interview Miller on youtube a while back... in which the glaring question "How much would you get from Gun Media if you win and even one tiny piece of new content was added?" was NOT even asked... But it is the MOST relevant question of all.
    Either way, no matter who wins the lawsuit... They are both old and the rights will pass to another when they are gone. But with modern medical technology, they will both live very long lives I hope. I have absolutely nothing against either of them... But if we are going to continue this off topic conversation... I am sure Matt would appreciate someone starting another thread for this subject under All things Horror... and starting threads is not really my thing.
    This is a glaring example of me trying to keep a post short while replying to several points of interest.

@Nathan5226 I just had a coughing fit as well... Double XP, CP and tape drops is always welcome.

• Confused 1

@Ahab

Once you see Peeping Tom, you'll see how much influence the movie had on the slasher genre.  You'll also notice how it had more influence on the genre than Psycho did.

A classic technique of slasher films is following the action through the eyes of the killer...Peeping Tom was the first movie to use this mechanic of story telling. 

Eyes Without a Face 1960 is another heavily influential film towards the slasher genre.

I'm not saying Psycho didn't have influence on the genre, it's major bring was the use of effective music. 

25 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Once you see Peeping Tom, you'll see how much influence the movie had on the slasher genre.  You'll also notice how it had more influence on the genre than Psycho did.

I will check it out at the first opportunity... But if it was a big influence, then the people involved would have mentioned it... as they do for Psycho. Film makers never have a problem talking about what influenced them, particularly not John Carpenter... he is very vocal about his influences. I have no doubt that some aspects from Peeping Tom did influence later movies... but point of view was not invented for that movie. It was used in movies older than that, just not to any great extent.
    Psycho also had an A list director... and a great writer... and a real budget for its time due to Hitchcock being involved... and it is far better known just because it is an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I have heard some film historians say that Psycho was the first time we saw blood in a movie... but I know that to be inaccurate as I have older movies that had blood in them... It was just never much blood... and it is not like Psycho showed much blood either. Those were very different times... But the old movies are still worth watching.

• Confused 1

@Ahab

That's the difference between Peeping Tom and Psycho.

Hitchcock and Perkins and Americana vs Michael Powell, actors no one knows and British movie. 

Psycho received critical acclaim, largely because of how closely Hitchcock paid attention to how the critics received and handled Peeping Tom.  Hitchcock cancelled the press release for Psycho because of how Peeping Tom was received.  So people didn't have an impression of how Psycho was before actually seeing it.  And because of the ways they both presented their common theme of voyeurism.  Powell rammed it down the audiences throat while Hitchcock was more subtle about it. 

You're right on the older movies, blood and gore and actual kills themselves were done mostly off camera.  You, the viewer, knew what happened but it was up to you in your mind to determine how that kill happened, and the aftermath of it.  Giallos, in my opinion, really changed that aspect of horror.  Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci were the forebearers of that style.   Movies like Don't Torture a Duckling 1972 and Profondo Rosso 1975.  To me, Argento really amped up the usage of music in horror, the score by Goblin for Suspiria is an absolute masterpiece. 

Idk if i missed this somewhere but how are the devs able to come out with a Nintendo Switch version of the game but they're not allowed to make any new DLC? What is the story behind that? Also, was it really worth making a Switch version of the game at this point? Don't the devs have enough to do with supporting the game and now they've given themselves another version of the game that they need to keep an eye on and maintain. I'm grateful that we are still getting support for this game and whatnot but I'm just curious about some of the details here.