Jump to content

Recommended Posts

EDIT: The patch is rolling out now on platforms. PC will see it almost instantly, PS4 should eb their typical roll out. Xbox is completed on our end, just in the process with Microsoft. That process can take some time, so expect the patch on the Xbox One within the next few hours.

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

  • FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System work.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

  • FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System work.

what about the fact the xbox one version has a hard crash 1 out of 3 games resulting in loss in progress to where it just dashboards?? any info or fix on that in the works? it put me off playing and i doubt im the only one having this issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you all aware of the ability of Jason to kill counselors even when they're in possession of a pocket knife? That one is extremely frustrating! Thanks for working on the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response @mattshotcha. Roof glitch fix will be in this patch also for pc correct? Had one of those last night for the first time in a long while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, appreciate the level of communication this past couple of weeks. Will definitely be watching for updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At This point and for a while now  this game was developed wrong to begin with and probably has so much bad code and coding errors in it,No matter what you do it effects something else...Its like the Phone company in the 70’s 80’s 90’s They’d fix your neighbors line then break yours or someone else’s....Just move on from Friday and develop a new game its pointless..The Franchise is dead ..Btw Layers of Fear 2 was a One off game that only  fans of the first one liked it...Majority of F13 fans I know did not like it ..Fans of Friday want an action game ..Stop milking Friday it makes you look weak and to me says ,I put my eggs all in one basket and that’s all I have ...BTW The Switch may have been the plan if the law suit didn’t effect the game ...But this kills me showing off Game play on Switch that’s simple run Friday on a PC with a low end Graphics card and on Low graphics settings...Switch is the weakest console it’s just portable .....Jason needs to go back to the grave/lake for a while and let another Slasher Rise and have their Reign of Terror ..Shut them servers off ...Besides the Roadmap and Broken promises from GunMedia were disappointing..It seemed like a bunch of overzealous delusional kids that felt everything they did was great but not all was ..Paranoia, Charging $49.99 or more at first  for a Broken unfinished game that originally had 3 maps..Ebay code Scandals and more ...I hope Gun has learned from this and takes a better Mature professional Management Approach to Developing, Marketing, managing their Games/content ,Community, process and more...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Earmack said:

Make finally  support xbox one x high resolution. 

Super low priority comparatively.

55 minutes ago, Crawler said:

Hey, if a patch comes out later because it needs testing, I'm okay with it.

Thanks for your patience!

42 minutes ago, dannyhk87 said:

what about the fact the xbox one version has a hard crash 1 out of 3 games resulting in loss in progress to where it just dashboards?? any info or fix on that in the works? it put me off playing and i doubt im the only one having this issue

If you're talking about the crash due to Jason breaking a wall and hitting an extra button press, yes. If not, please clarify.

41 minutes ago, Cthulhu_Rlyeh28 said:

Are you all aware of the ability of Jason to kill counselors even when they're in possession of a pocket knife? That one is extremely frustrating! Thanks for working on the patch.

We have heard reports here and there, but not a lot of details to go on so far. If you have any more details or possibly some footage, it will help us dial in what might be causing it.

32 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Thanks for the quick response @mattshotcha. Roof glitch fix will be in this patch also for pc correct? Had one of those last night for the first time in a long while. 

Yes sir! The patch that did not make it to PC, plus the fix for those two issues.

26 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for the update, appreciate the level of communication this past couple of weeks. Will definitely be watching for updates. 

Thanks, bud.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigmouthD said:

At This point and for a while now  this game was developed wrong to begin with and probably has so much bad code and coding errors in it,No matter what you do it effects something else...Its like the Phone company in the 70’s 80’s 90’s They’d fix your neighbors line then break yours or someone else’s....Just move on from Friday and develop a new game its pointless..The Franchise is dead ..Btw Layers of Fear 2 was a One off game that only  fans of the first one liked it...Majority of F13 fans I know did not like it ..Fans of Friday want an action game ..Stop milking Friday it makes you look weak and to me says ,I put my eggs all in one basket and that’s all I have ...BTW The Switch may have been the plan if the law suit didn’t effect the game ...But this kills me showing off Game play on Switch that’s simple run Friday on a PC with a low end Graphics card and on Low graphics settings...Switch is the weakest console it’s just portable .....Jason needs to go back to the grave/lake for a while and let another Slasher Rise and have their Reign of Terror ..Shut them servers off ...Besides the Roadmap and Broken promises from GunMedia were disappointing..It seemed like a bunch of overzealous delusional kids that felt everything they did was great but not all was ..Paranoia, Charging $49.99 or more at first  for a Broken unfinished game that originally had 3 maps..Ebay code Scandals and more ...I hope Gun has learned from this and takes a better Mature professional Management Approach to Developing, Marketing, managing their Games/content ,Community, process and more...

Layers of Fear 2 and Friday the 13th are two drastically different games. Saying your F13 buddies didn't like it is not an insult. Not every game is for everyone.

"Stop milking Friday the 13th..." *Supporting. We're still supporting F13. I think the bulk of our player base would not want us to stop supporting the title, headaches as of late or not.

Switch is not the same as a high end PC. You're right. That's the idea.

The rest of this post is just aggravation and baseless accusations on topics I've already talked about way more than I should have to. Roadmaps and content plans were interrupted, we didn't just say screw it, we're not doing that. I don't know how else to illustrate that. There is a LEGAL reason for the things that have happened. Now, I'm a Community Developer, and by the tone and content of your comment it doesn't sound like you have any interest in being a part of this community. So if this is all you have to contribute here, by all means, save yourself the headache. We have an active community still here that I need to work with. This comment is just a waste of your time and mine.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BigmouthD said:

At This point and for a while now  this game was developed wrong to begin with and probably has so much bad code and coding errors in it,No matter what you do it effects something else...Its like the Phone company in the 70’s 80’s 90’s They’d fix your neighbors line then break yours or someone else’s....Just move on from Friday and develop a new game its pointless..The Franchise is dead ..Btw Layers of Fear 2 was a One off game that only  fans of the first one liked it...Majority of F13 fans I know did not like it ..Fans of Friday want an action game ..Stop milking Friday it makes you look weak and to me says ,I put my eggs all in one basket and that’s all I have ...BTW The Switch may have been the plan if the law suit didn’t effect the game ...But this kills me showing off Game play on Switch that’s simple run Friday on a PC with a low end Graphics card and on Low graphics settings...Switch is the weakest console it’s just portable .....Jason needs to go back to the grave/lake for a while and let another Slasher Rise and have their Reign of Terror ..Shut them servers off ...Besides the Roadmap and Broken promises from GunMedia were disappointing..It seemed like a bunch of overzealous delusional kids that felt everything they did was great but not all was ..Paranoia, Charging $49.99 or more at first  for a Broken unfinished game that originally had 3 maps..Ebay code Scandals and more ...I hope Gun has learned from this and takes a better Mature professional Management Approach to Developing, Marketing, managing their Games/content ,Community, process and more...

Screen name says it all, so no comment...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gottaevil said:

Thanks!. The Next big thing:  Environmental Kills

Agreed. This is a big one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try it out. Congratulations to the team for finally squashing that roof bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more days to leave half opened windows and half open doors that are barricaded around the map!  LOL

Thanks @mattshotcha for the update on the rapid patch and not just leaving us in the dark wondering, what, I thought there was a patch today!

I'd rather it be delayed a few days for more testing, just make sure something else doesn't end up being a game breaking bug.  ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @mattshotcha!

Always appreciate the communication and updates! Looking forward to Early next week!

Keep the communication coming we miss hearing your input on other ideas we have been rattling on about it.

its understandable since you’ve been pretty busy as of late.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Layers of Fear 2 and Friday the 13th are two drastically different games. Saying your F13 buddies didn't like it is not an insult. Not every game is for everyone.

"Stop milking Friday the 13th..." *Supporting. We're still supporting F13. I think the bulk of our player base would not want us to stop supporting the title, headaches as of late or not.

Switch is not the same as a high end PC. You're right. That's the idea.

The rest of this post is just aggravation and baseless accusations on topics I've already talked about way more than I should have to. Roadmaps and content plans were interrupted, we didn't just say screw it, we're not doing that. I don't know how else to illustrate that. There is a LEGAL reason for the things that have happened. Now, I'm a Community Developer, and by the tone and content of your comment it doesn't sound like you have any interest in being a part of this community. So if this is all you have to contribute here, by all means, save yourself the headache. We have an active community still here that I need to work with. This comment is just a waste of your time and mine.

Amen. 

The game is still fun as hell. I’ve watched my four year old kick ass time and time again all the way to level 150 on his own. The only thing that bummed him out was his favorite Jason, Uber Jason, not releasing. As a day one backer of the Kickstarter I feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth countless times over. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

  • FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System work.

What about Consolers able to get on packanack lodge roof had a player get up there while I was playing and that was to be fixed a long time ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Morph said:

What about Consolers able to get on packanack lodge roof had a player get up there while I was playing and that was to be fixed a long time ago

Do you have a video of this since the July patch? I haven't seen anyone be able to get on the roof since the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Morph said:

What about Consolers able to get on packanack lodge roof had a player get up there while I was playing and that was to be fixed a long time ago

Are you on PC? 

This patch will fix that on PC.

On console it's already been patched out.  This patch is fixing what that console patch broke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we ever going to be able to join into a lobby that our friends have started already to spectate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Foxytrotx said:

Are we ever going to be able to join into a lobby that our friends have started already to spectate?

That used to be a thing, until they brought in dedicated servers. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...