mattshotcha

Patch Notes 1.35 - 8.12.2019

6 minutes ago, JED said:

Yeah in your opinion you got your money's worth. How about those who just bought the game hehe.

If they just bought the game, they only had to pay a fraction of the cost the one’s paid at launch. All they have to do is get a few more months out of it and they will have gotten their money’s worth. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JED said:

Yeah in your opinion you got your money's worth. How about those who just bought the game hehe.

Well I can’t speak for others but there is still quite a bit in the game to enjoy especially for those who just bought the game.....”hehe”

it’s not all Doom and Gloom....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well I can’t speak for others but there is still quite a bit in the game to enjoy especially for those who just bought the game.....

it’s not all Doom and Gloom....

Really so if you just bought a multiplayer game and say less then a year later it shuts down you wouldnt have a problem with that? In sorry but I think most people would be upset. Hehe well you can see how people are upset by looking at the comments here on the new predator game... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/bn01jl/new_predator_game_being_developed_at_friday_the/

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, JED said:

Really so if you just bought a multiplayer game and say less then a year later it shuts down you wouldnt have a problem with that? In sorry but I think most people would be upset. Hehe well you can see how people are upset by looking at the comments here on the new predator game... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/bn01jl/new_predator_game_being_developed_at_friday_the/

No one is forcing anyone to buy this or the Predator game.....if you or others didn’t enjoy it that’s their and your prerogative not to buy it/ play it....but don’t mistake those few people’s opinions on Reddit as the majority of the fan/player base.

Purchasing an online multiplayer game is sometimes a risky one when dealing with online games servers are known to be shut down eventually.

At least the F13 developers have said they will do everything they can to give us a functioning game with both sides of game play when they shut down servers unlike other online multiplayer games that can’t even be played anymore.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There are people spreading around on Facebook that this upcoming patch is going to be the LAST patch and the servers will go down this year sometime. I hope this is NOT true.

In my gut, I'll say it's not true. Be weary of believing "rumors" from Facebook.

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I saw that as well. The one I saw, the guy posted a link to one of the threads here as his proof. No where in the topic he shared nor on this forum have I seen Matt or anyone else from Gun say that this next patch is the "final" patch. Matt has said that the car issues aren't going to be covered in this patch, but the team was still investigating the cause. That tells me that they are still focused on fixing problems with a future patch.

But hey, this game has been dead according to these same people for almost two years now. :rolleyes:

This is one hell of a "dead game" we are enjoying. I'd say undead, given all that's happened with it. Many of us are still enjoying it enough that we are playing it regularly. For the haters, they can walk away at any time. No love is lost if that decision is made.

@JED, what constitutes "one's money's worth" is subjective. People who paid less for it in theory would get their money's worth a lot sooner than those who bought it at full price. I think most everyone who is still playing will be heartbroken when the servers shut down for good. As long as patches are still being released, the servers will stay active. How long that is remains out of our hands, so let's be somewhat grateful for what we have, even if it isn't perfect.

@OCT 31 1978, here's to hoping that the final product is still somewhat functional on both sides at the finish line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Got more than my money’s worth out of Friday. So it isn’t everybody who feels like they didn’t.

I agree. Some people have gotten their money's worth and more, and are still playing the game. Others may not feel the same.

• Like 2

I've only been playing for about 6 weeks and i was well aware that i was buying a game that might be dead online. Surprisingly, it's not dead. I actually wasn't aware of the lawsuit when i bought the game but even with that going on, i am having a blast on F13. It sucks that the game could end soon but the only thing we can do is enjoy it while we can. I'll always regret not getting it sooner but i will play almost daily until it shuts down now.

• Like 4