mattshotcha

Patch Notes 1.35 - 8.12.2019

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Any news on any patches? @mattshotcha?

Not just yet. Team is working away and we'll have more news closer to the new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on PS4, and lately some of my PSN friends are constantly messaging me about Dead by Deadlight (on PS4 too), comparing it to Friday the 13th the game and inviting me to play it.

• So my friends write : "look, in DbD they improved the Xp system with new skills, years after the release of the game!"
  • All I can answer is : "but I don't like DbD much, I like Friday the 13th the game...".

I'm starting to feel miserable when I see that our PS4 version of the game is still broken... Long after the appearance of the "environmental kill" bug after a patch (1.33 if I am right), we still can't play like before, because we can't enjoy to execute counselors in cabins using the environmental tools under penalty of getting a game breaking bug.

So, the conclusion is sour : playing Friday the 13th on PS4 isn't much fun anymore, the technical support seems to be surpassed, and nothing was quickly done to fix the whole game once and for all. Not even asking about new features anymore just talking about the regular game.

That's my frank feeling about this, take it or ban me from the forum if you prefer to ignore the complaints of the public.

That's nothing more that "the rise and the fall" of a masterpiece of the PvP games...

PS : not even talking about this non-sense about the "Jason Savini" exclusivity for backers, frustrating a whole part of your fans.

:sadchappa:

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, Sanitago5 said:

I hope that in the new patch they consider Jason to be absurdly powerful, a demigod with rage mode, I want them to fix it.

Yeah, they need to fix it. They should make him a demigod before rage and an outright god after.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not even sure the devs' themselves clearly understood the problem so far...

If they did, why the game would have been broken for so long since version 1.34 and 1.35?

Cannot make a stupid environmental kill anymore, this is absolutely nut for this game!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, ChaosLordWesker said:

I don't understand the enviromental kills being so broken in quick play, yet work flawlessly on the offline bot matches.

What is the difference?

More than likely, when they patched an error in gameplay, it was for quick play (no need to mess with offline play, no one was reporting issues) and it threw the parameters off, causing the environmental kills to glitch. Since they didn't make the same changes with the bots, the parameters weren't skewed, so the enviro kills are still working properly.

• Confused 1

Have been having issues with installed dlc from digital version showing up locked in game. Xbox One X.

At this point the game is a stain on the franchise for Friday The 13th.

Lawsuit ends eventually and I wouldn't care to waste any money on anything related to Friday The 13th again.

Streaming that shit for free.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, mattshotcha said:

EDIT: The patch is rolling out now on platforms. PC will see it almost instantly, PS4 should eb their typical roll out. Xbox is completed on our end, just in the process with Microsoft. That process can take some time, so expect the patch on the Xbox One within the next few hours.

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

• FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System 

Can't trust this team when their "patches" seem to create new issues with every release. So from what a person I believe said earlier this team is milking the franchise name for all its worth while saying they are supporting the game with its "patches".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/2/2019 at 11:45 PM, AeronSky said:

Can't trust this team when their "patches" seem to create new issues with every release. So from what a person I believe said earlier this team is milking the franchise name for all its worth while saying they are supporting the game with its "patches".

Was that reply really Necessary 4months later?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Christmas\Holidays campers ! I seem to be finding lobbies games easier now. Dedicated servers back ? I'm not even sure what a dedicated server is. Anyway, I'm really enjoying F13 and hope it continues for a long time. Oh, I hope you all have a great New Year and a new decade. "It's alive !" I'm loving the double XP :)

• Like 2

First of all happy new year many congratulations to you @mattshotcha, now if the query, are there any news regarding the patch? Any information is appreciated. Thank you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Rain said:

First of all happy new year many congratulations to you @mattshotcha, now if the query, are there any news regarding the patch? Any information is appreciated. Thank you

The next patch is currently in the testing phase, and we will not have a full, finalized set of notes until that is complete.

But as I've mentioned in the forums previously, environmental kill fix, the drawer on Pinehurst, Bots on Jarvis House, the door barricade issue, as well as various stuck spots and interaction fixes will be in. More details as soon as I have them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The next patch is currently in the testing phase

Any mention of the newest PS4 version in the Hong Kong store? It doesn't currently allow cross-region play & the Flare Gun can't be found in online matches.

8 hours ago, SilentVob said:

Any mention of the newest PS4 version in the Hong Kong store? It doesn't currently allow cross-region play & the Flare Gun can't be found in online matches.

I'm looking into this, and will update as soon as I can.

EDIT: The regional issue will be fixed in a coming patch, though it is not included in the next patch. We're already in testing for our very next patch which will go live this month, so following that. The flare gun issue is under investigation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna be a realist here. It doesnt seem like previous patches were properly tested. How can I be certain that the testers are actually testing the game? What new bugs will come from these fixes? I honestly think your testers are taking the money and not doing their jobs. Anyone else who's been playing the game for a long time will agree. 

• Like 1

I’ve been playing for awhile and the current build is far from ideal, I do think they have been making progress in the right direction though. If they can make some headway on the bugs plaguing the environmental kills to go with the rubber banding fix, I’ll be very happy. We all have to wait and see though. 

Relax and have a coco. 

• Like 1

There are people spreading around on Facebook that this upcoming patch is going to be the LAST patch and the servers will go down this year sometime. I hope this is NOT true.

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There are people spreading around on Facebook that this upcoming patch is going to be the LAST patch and the servers will go down this year sometime. I hope this is NOT true.

I saw that as well. The one I saw, the guy posted a link to one of the threads here as his proof. No where in the topic he shared nor on this forum have I seen Matt or anyone else from Gun say that this next patch is the "final" patch. Matt has said that the car issues aren't going to be covered in this patch, but the team was still investigating the cause. That tells me that they are still focused on fixing problems with a future patch.

But hey, this game has been dead according to these same people for almost two years now. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I saw that as well. The one I saw, the guy posted a link to one of the threads here as his proof. No where in the topic he shared nor on this forum have I seen Matt or anyone else from Gun say that this next patch is the "final" patch. Matt has said that the car issues aren't going to be covered in this patch, but the team was still investigating the cause. That tells me that they are still focused on fixing problems with a future patch.

But hey, this game has been dead according to these same people for almost two years now. :rolleyes:

And the game has had the same bugs on and off for those past two years as well. Sure its player count is back up to around 800. But thats because of the holiday sales we just had and people not knowing better or willing to spend 10 bucks on a broken game. In a month or two it will be back down between 300-400. No new content and same old bugs with a low player count isn't good for any game. They might be able to lip through another year and sucker more people in during holiday sales but it's only a matter of time before they cash out. Maybe that will happen when that new Predator game releases hehe.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:17 AM, mattshotcha said:

I'm looking into this, and will update as soon as I can.

EDIT: The regional issue will be fixed in a coming patch, though it is not included in the next patch. We're already in testing for our very next patch which will go live this month, so following that. The flare gun issue is under investigation.

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Matt says in his above post that the regional issue will be fixed in a coming patch not this one so they definitely have plans for more patches.

I would take all you read from those people on Facebook with a huge grain of salt.....

8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Exactly!! Good post !!

People have been throwing shade at Gun and this game For over two years now ....🙄

I can understand the frustration with issues... Hell I am just as tired of them as anyone.

shit at least the game runs and can be played and enjoyed....it’s 2020 and people are still saying it’s dead yet we are still here loading matches/ killing bots/ Etc.

...every year the player base is still playing and the developers are still working on things is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, JED said:

And the game has had the same bugs on and off for those past two years as well. Sure its player count is back up to around 800. But thats because of the holiday sales we just had and people not knowing better or willing to spend 10 bucks on a broken game. In a month or two it will be back down between 300-400. No new content and same old bugs with a low player count isn't good for any game. They might be able to lip through another year and sucker more people in during holiday sales but it's only a matter of time before they cash out. Maybe that will happen when that new Predator game releases hehe.

I for one have definitely got my money’s worth out of this game it didn’t sucker me or anyone into getting it.

most people who bought the game enjoy the hell out of it...

I backed it day one-ish and would do the same again in a heart beat....even a new game by these guys.

I do agree with you that it is just a matter of time before the developers end all bug fixes and close up development for the game......so the only thing I can say about that is....

ENJOY it while you can.

All of it.

the boosts in player count from sales!

those blips of extra players whether it’s a week a month two months....players playing is a good thing.

the XP!

the tape drops!

the bug fixes.....when they come lol.

All of it....ENJOY IT....in life all things end to soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JED said:

but it's only a matter of time before they cash out. Maybe that will happen when that new Predator game releases hehe.

Gun has nothing to do with the Predator game. Illfonic is the ones doing that game.  Cool story though. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Gun has nothing to do with the Predator game. Illfonic is the ones doing that game.  Cool story though. 

Yeah I didn't say they have anything to do with it either hehe. So rest easy sir knight.😉

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Matt says in his above post that the regional issue will be fixed in a coming patch not this one so they definitely have plans for more patches.

I would take all you read from those people on Facebook with a huge grain of salt.....

Exactly!! Good post !!

People have been throwing shade at Gun and this game For over two years now ....🙄

I can understand the frustration with issues... Hell I am just as tired of them as anyone.

shit at least the game runs and can be played and enjoyed....it’s 2020 and people are still saying it’s dead yet we are still here loading matches/ killing bots/ Etc.

...every year the player base is still playing and the developers are still working on things is a good thing. 

I for one have definitely got my money’s worth out of this game it didn’t sucker me or anyone into getting it.

most people who bought the game enjoy the hell out of it...

I backed it day one-ish and would do the same again in a heart beat....even a new game by these guys.

I do agree with you that it is just a matter of time before the developers end all bug fixes and close up development for the game......so the only thing I can say about that is....

ENJOY it while you can.

All of it.

the boosts in player count from sales!

those blips of extra players whether it’s a week a month two months....players playing is a good thing.

the XP!

the tape drops!

the bug fixes.....when they come lol.

All of it....ENJOY IT....in life all things end to soon.

Yeah in your opinion you got your money's worth. How about those who just bought the game hehe.