10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Any news on any patches? @mattshotcha?

Not just yet. Team is working away and we'll have more news closer to the new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Not just yet. Team is working away and we'll have more news closer to the new year.

Thanks for the response.

I'm on PS4, and lately some of my PSN friends are constantly messaging me about Dead by Deadlight (on PS4 too), comparing it to Friday the 13th the game and inviting me to play it.

• So my friends write : "look, in DbD they improved the Xp system with new skills, years after the release of the game!"
  • All I can answer is : "but I don't like DbD much, I like Friday the 13th the game...".

I'm starting to feel miserable when I see that our PS4 version of the game is still broken... Long after the appearance of the "environmental kill" bug after a patch (1.33 if I am right), we still can't play like before, because we can't enjoy to execute counselors in cabins using the environmental tools under penalty of getting a game breaking bug.

So, the conclusion is sour : playing Friday the 13th on PS4 isn't much fun anymore, the technical support seems to be surpassed, and nothing was quickly done to fix the whole game once and for all. Not even asking about new features anymore just talking about the regular game.

That's my frank feeling about this, take it or ban me from the forum if you prefer to ignore the complaints of the public.

That's nothing more that "the rise and the fall" of a masterpiece of the PvP games...

PS : not even talking about this non-sense about the "Jason Savini" exclusivity for backers, frustrating a whole part of your fans.

:sadchappa:

• Like 1

I hope that in the new patch they consider Jason to be absurdly powerful, a demigod with rage mode, I want them to fix it.

• Confused 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, Sanitago5 said:

I hope that in the new patch they consider Jason to be absurdly powerful, a demigod with rage mode, I want them to fix it.

Yeah, they need to fix it. They should make him a demigod before rage and an outright god after.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure the devs' themselves clearly understood the problem so far...

If they did, why the game would have been broken for so long since version 1.34 and 1.35?

Cannot make a stupid environmental kill anymore, this is absolutely nut for this game!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, ChaosLordWesker said:

I don't understand the enviromental kills being so broken in quick play, yet work flawlessly on the offline bot matches.

What is the difference?

More than likely, when they patched an error in gameplay, it was for quick play (no need to mess with offline play, no one was reporting issues) and it threw the parameters off, causing the environmental kills to glitch. Since they didn't make the same changes with the bots, the parameters weren't skewed, so the enviro kills are still working properly.

Have been having issues with installed dlc from digital version showing up locked in game. Xbox One X.

At this point the game is a stain on the franchise for Friday The 13th.

Lawsuit ends eventually and I wouldn't care to waste any money on anything related to Friday The 13th again.

Streaming that shit for free.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, mattshotcha said:

EDIT: The patch is rolling out now on platforms. PC will see it almost instantly, PS4 should eb their typical roll out. Xbox is completed on our end, just in the process with Microsoft. That process can take some time, so expect the patch on the Xbox One within the next few hours.

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

• FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System 

Can't trust this team when their "patches" seem to create new issues with every release. So from what a person I believe said earlier this team is milking the franchise name for all its worth while saying they are supporting the game with its "patches".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:45 PM, AeronSky said:

Can't trust this team when their "patches" seem to create new issues with every release. So from what a person I believe said earlier this team is milking the franchise name for all its worth while saying they are supporting the game with its "patches".

What that reply really Necessary 4months later?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1