Hey gang! Didn't want to make anyone wait for a stream to hear the news on this. Servers will be rerouting those of you affected to more active, less problematic servers for the time being while the team continues to investigate why those servers were crashing/looping. You may see higher than expected ping, but within the realm of playable, due to the connection being to the next nearest server.

This will be mostly evident in the regions already facing an issue, and mostly on the PS4 platform.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

He talking about this shit (Chad with teleport macro) https://youtu.be/DOXlmDDUfVw?t=388

Wow, thats annoying. There was a hacked savini with infinite shift last night in one of my games. then next game he was a chad with infinite break out. I still just dont get the point of these cheats. How does this make the game fun for them i will never realize. 

20 minutes ago, Gottaevil said:

Its True, JASON IS BACK..EU SERVERS ARE BACK!! Aleluya

PS4 version

:JasonPt8:📣

Yeah just had a couple of matches, now to get rid of the rust 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

He talking about this shit (Chad with teleport macro) https://youtu.be/DOXlmDDUfVw?t=388

That's not a macro.

It's simple button presses on the controller. 

I won't say what they are here so we don't have lobbies full of people doing this. 

As Jason it's annoying enough dealing with one person doing it, let alone several.

Oh, and it's not a new thing.  Been around, to my knowledge, for about a year. 

Watching the video he even does the spray cancel.  Starts the spray, attacks cancelling out the entire animation, and is fully healed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gottaevil said:

I've been playing for 2 hours without problems 👍

Yeah same my ping in the United Kingdom is usually about 44ms - 48ms, since we have been re-routed its between 60ms - 68ms stable connection, glad we can get to play again, crystal lake going to need more body bags now 😂 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gottaevil said:

Its True, JASON IS BACK..EU SERVERS ARE BACK!! Aleluya

PS4 version

:JasonPt8:📣

Glad to hear it buddy!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

That's not a macro.

It's simple button presses on the controller. 

Dude, this is a macro on the keyboard!;)  I know what I'm talking about. And I know a lot of players who play with this macro on the keyboard. 

Btw, in addition, smart cheaters can use another type of teleport in the game. These cheaters call this type of teleport "teleport at certain points on the map."  Cheaters calculate these points in the private matches and test it, and then use this teleport points online against normal players. This information is known to a very small number of players. Let the game developers pay attention to it.

Here you can see what I'm talking about  https://youtu.be/5BROnwDERIo?t=435   I got random shitty Jason this match and Vanessa with a sweater uses two types of teleport in the match: 1) teleport - macro, 2) teleport at points. Watch the video to the end.

@mattshotcha

I always laugh when players say ''Why do you only use fast grab kills or slash?''

Developers spent all that time recording kills only to make them available if you have enough space.

Making the majority not worth using at all.

Grab her for mother Jason...use your STRONG hand! 😂

https://xboxclips.com/GhostWolfViking/5b15192f-34bd-4a8d-ad8f-e1033725ce99/embed

tumblr_mn260lESWI1spr360o1_500.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

Dude, this is a macro on the keyboard!;)  I know what I'm talking about. And I know a lot of players who play with this macro on the keyboard. 

Btw, in addition, smart cheaters can use another type of teleport in the game. These cheaters call this type of teleport "teleport at certain points on the map."  Cheaters calculate these points in the private matches and test it, and then use this teleport points online against normal players. This information is known to a very small number of players. Let the game developers pay attention to it.

Here you can see what I'm talking about  https://youtu.be/5BROnwDERIo?t=435   I got random shitty Jason this match and Vanessa with a sweater uses two types of teleport in the match: 1) teleport - macro, 2) teleport at points. Watch the video to the end.

You can do that with specific button presses.  Notice she's always in combat stance and swinging before she teleports?  There's a reason for it and it's not a macro. 

You can believe me or not, but anyone can do it with just their controller or keyboard.  

Now the one at 11:03 of your video is something completely different and I have no idea how that one is achieved, but the other is a simple counselor combat stance teleportation exploit. 

36 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You can do that with specific button presses.  Notice she's always in combat stance and swinging before she teleports?  There's a reason for it and it's not a macro. 

You can believe me or not, but anyone can do it with just their controller or keyboard.  

Man, why`re you so stubborn? I understand that teleport can be done by pressing the keys on the keyboard. But!!! Without the help of a macro it`s impossible to do it several times in a row on the keyboard, as does the player in the match. Don't be a fool. Listen carefully to what the player playing for Vanessa says at 10:57. He says on russian that his MACRO stopped working when I started to slash him.

@Psychophonic and the rest of the PC players that have to deal with that bullshit. I feel for all of you. If I had to put up with all that bs, I would just put the game down and sadly walk away. There's no reason why hackers and cheaters should be able to do that crap.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, Kane78 said:

Do you guys have PhDs or something ? Those posts are awful long. Now, PhDs ? Can you help me get a PhD in murder? 

You don't need a PHD to know that speculation without a basis in FACT is wrong every time... barring of course, a lucky guess.... and lucky guesses do not = intelligence... EVER.
   The PHD in murder does not always detect every kill you made. I received my "PHD in Murder" with the use of "Dismemberment"... which is my favorite kill for Part VII and I had used it a great many times before that... So the achievement is a bit buggy, but you will still get it eventually.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:06 PM, Dukes4369 said:

This is my original post, matts message is right below it.

I know, as I said several times... I read it... SEVERAL times. There is NOTHING in there to indicate ANYTHING that would lead ANYONE to the conclusion (which is STILL wild speculation) that you made.
   How could you possibly have come to make the speculation you made with the information you have presented and keep parroting as if it actually has something to do with what you are talking about?... This is the question you need to answer, and have been avoiding, which gives no credence to your speculation AT ALL.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Soooooo........where in both of these posts does it say they are sharing Nintendo switch and PS4 dedicated servers? 

They don’t.

He can't say... because there isn't any... Or he would have pointed this out the first time he was asked instead of parroting information he CANNOT explain which DOES NOT point in the direction of his speculation.
    If there was ANY evidence to support his claim, I would be right there with him on it... Facts are awesome... But, still no evidence... so here we are asking him the same question... again.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, Dukes4369 said:

So it would be possible to run two different server (software) on the same server (hardware)

"Possible"... does not translate to "IS"... Once again, you have confirmed nothing, nor even given enough to point towards your speculation.... And remember the devs you are talking about here... "possible" usually translates to... not ever going to happen around here... Their track record only sparkles with the game they made, not how well it runs.
    Your post here takes some truth that I have read in my own research, and mixes it with more speculation... I have done my own research here as well... and found NOTHING that would point towards your speculations. Mixing truth with speculation is NOT the way to come to a logical conclusion... FACTS please.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, Dukes4369 said:

Can you please explain the above, because i am not sure if your on about that post that was put on reddit or not?

@OCT 31 1978 asked a simple question that only requires a basic understanding of the language used to understand... If you need help understanding his question... you need serious help understanding what you are trying to pass off as facts. He is basically asking you the same thing I have several times now.... You are doing a great job at ignoring the question... and a crappy job with your speculations and explanations.

I have read some of your other posts... you do sound like you are trying to be helpful... and that is more than I can say for many people... But speculation like that without evidence is NOT helping anything and IS harmful... I am not trying to be an asshole... if I was trying to be an asshole... no one would doubt it... I just want the FACTS.
    It is, however, good to hear that at this point... you can play the game again.... Happy Slashing!!!

On 8/26/2019 at 6:37 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

it was all based on assumption.... that fit the narrative someone....came up with.
This is why assumptions without facts and proof are dangerous/harmful.
#facts4life.

My point exactly... Once again, with ANY proof... I would be right there with him on this... and he still has NON.
   Also... nice breakdown of the PHD in Murder.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Nathan5226 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

If you need it explained to you again... there is no help for you. I find it difficult to put it in terms even simpler than I already did... But I could write you an essay on it that you would never read, and if you did... you wouldn't understand it anyway.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Nathan5226 said:

You should consider yourself a 90% person?

I don't consider myself a genius... nor do I consider myself stupid. 
    You on the other hand, trying to call me stupid in a roundabout way for asking questions, and asking for ACTUAL evidence before I take a wild speculation based on NOTHING seriously?... Not only do you PROVE your own level of intelligence is approaching non existence... but your own words are beginning to make you look rather insane here... But please, keep trying.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

I still just dont get the point of these cheats. How does this make the game fun for them i will never realize. 

Small minds need to think they are better than others when they are not... and actually believe that cheating to win makes them better somehow. While the rest of us know that cheating cannot possibly make anyone better at anything... there are just some people that will never see this. 

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Psychophonic and the rest of the PC players that have to deal with that bullshit. I feel for all of you. If I had to put up with all that bs, I would just put the game down and sadly walk away. There's no reason why hackers and cheaters should be able to do that crap.

While hackers do ruin the fun for everyone else... it is easy to ruin the fun for hackers. Whenever I see them in game... I leave, and take the lobby with me. If I see them (and recognize them) in a pre game lobby, I wait until the opening cutscene and leave and take the lobby with me... Some of them frequently change their names, but those that speak have distinctive voices that are easy to recognize as soon as they speak. Those that recognize my name, tend to taunt me about me leaving the game when they pull this shit, making them even easier to recognize if they changed their names... Give a troll a rope and they will hang themselves with it.
    It is only really annoying if my friends or myself do not realize that a hacker is present until later in a match... But I just call it a wash and move on to another match... and remember him for next time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Ahab

Thanks!! The PhD for Murder trophy drove me nuts 🥜 !!

Once you figure out the game requires some of the same kills to be done multiple times because it wants you to do them inside and outside or with each weapon for a specific kill it helps tremendously!!!

A person could go on wondering forever why the trophy hasn’t triggered without that info.

25 minutes ago, Ahab said:

you wouldn't understand it anyway

Is that because you're too intelligent and rather would make it more difficult for someone on a average GPA to read? Last time I checked, not everything had to be so exquisite.

1 hour ago, Nathan5226 said:

Is that because you're too intelligent and rather would make it more difficult for someone on a average GPA to read? Last time I checked, not everything had to be so exquisite.

I am going to use your own quote to respond to this....

On 8/25/2019 at 5:26 AM, Nathan5226 said:

Ok guys relax.

@Nathan5226 You are a smart guy I think you can appreciate the fact that @Ahab wants to collect all the facts in a situation before coming to a wild speculation that only serves as Mis-information that could inflame the community creating a toxic environment that none of us want.....

This forum was quite toxic a year ago with members belittling the developers and other members...

we don’t ever want to get to that point, nor will the moderators and Gun allow it to regress to that again either.....

I think both of you can agree....

facts > opinions.....And that is just Plain Smart.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

Man, why`re you so stubborn? I understand that teleport can be done by pressing the keys on the keyboard. But!!! Without the help of a macro it`s impossible to do it several times in a row on the keyboard, as does the player in the match. Don't be a fool. Listen carefully to what the player playing for Vanessa says at 10:57. He says on russian that his MACRO stopped working when I started to slash him.

I'm saying it because you don't need a macro to do it. 

And you can do it repeatedly without the use of a macro.  

You just want to claim it's a macro doing it, but that is simply not true. 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

A person could go on wondering forever why the trophy hasn’t triggered without that info.

Yes, and it drove me nuts until I finally got that achievement... with a kill I had used many times before that.

1 hour ago, Nathan5226 said:

Actually, no... as I said, I don't consider myself a genius... but you on the other hand... with this, and trying to call me stupid in a roundabout manner in your previous post... have revealed yourself to be not only a troll, but you keep making yourself look less and less intelligent the more you type on your little keyboard.... What did I say before?... Give a troll a rope, and what do you think he will do with it?... You are proceeding as predicted. Are you the kind of person whose GPA keeps the average so low?... It has not only started to look that way, but your words alone are quickly confirming it.

Let's see if you can understand how you are wrong about "not everything had to be so exquisite"... and by exquisite, in the context you use it here... I would think you mean... complicated.
     EVERYTHING is more complicated than most people think... and also... complexity IS exquisite.
     Take the simplest thing we can think of... 1+1... Just how many sentences do you think it will take to teach someone how to do this... AND come up with the correct answer... while considering they do not know how to do it?... It is far more than you think... Ask a grade one teacher... which shouldn't be hard for you to do... I doubt you are out of that school yet anyway judging by how you are acting here.... So perhaps you should check again on just how simple you think everything actually is, because you are flat out wrong in thinking things are simple. The above example also includes the fact you actually have to teach them to count first before you can teach them the most basic parts of math (I just thought you might need that pointed out to you)... so yeah... It takes WAY more sentences to explain how to do this than you would think... and that is the simplest thing I can think of... How about you, got anything simpler than that?... Everything beyond 1+1 becomes exponentially more complex.
     Now let's ask you a VERY simple question... What led you to the assumption that I am the stupid one?... I can't wait for your answer... troll.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This forum was quite toxic a year ago with members belittling the developers and other members...

we don’t ever want to get to that point, nor will the moderators and Gun allow it to regress to that again either.....

I remember it well... but I think Mr. Nathan would love to see it degenerate back into that... His own words are meant to enflame, he is just doing a piss poor job of it. Coming down on someone for asking for proof = moronic.

• Confused 1

2019.05.08 upcoming patch note list

When will it be patched?

JASON SPECIFIC CHANGES

• Using the sweater to stun Jason while he is already down will not activate the next phase of the kill progression, and will not allow players to kneel him directly from the down state. This was an unintended effect where players were able to stun a stunned Jason, leading to the Tommy Jarvis kill on Jason.
  • Fixed an issue where Jason shifting to avoid the sweater stun animation still allowed counselors to bring him to his knees without the stun.

12 hours ago, [kor]jason said:

Using the sweater to stun Jason while he is already down will not activate the next phase of the kill progression, and will not allow players to kneel him directly from the down state. This was an unintended effect where players were able to stun a stunned Jason, leading to the Tommy Jarvis kill on Jason.

This was patched out... You can no longer use the sweater stun until after Jason is finished the stun animation he is currently already in... Using it to kill him during a stun animation was unintended. Sweater stunning a stunned Jason was just.... wrong.... Has this somehow been reverted?... Last time I saw a sweater used before Jason's other stun animation (ANY other stun animation) was finished wasted the sweater stun…. as it should be.

13 hours ago, [kor]jason said:

Fixed an issue where Jason shifting to avoid the sweater stun animation still allowed counselors to bring him to his knees without the stun.

This was also patched out already... you can no longer bring him to his knees WITHOUT the stun when he tries to shift away to avoid it. The sweater stun will bring Jason out of shift and stun him... but you still have to achieve a stun with a weapon on him during the sweater stun to bring him to his knees for the kill.

Once you lose your mask, you can still be stunned anywhere within the radius of the sweater stun... even through walls. Kind of whacky really... how does Jason mistake sweater girl for his mother if he cannot see her?
     If you lose your mask with sweater girl and Tommy present, and sweater girl times the stun for the moment he comes out of the demasking stun animation, you are not going anywhere unless the weapon stun fails and you do not go to your knees... You can morph away if you are quick enough and sweater girl is too slow with the stun... but it will bring you out of a shift and stun you.
    Machetes have a low stun chance... axes are higher (around 66%ish, maybe a bit more) but still not guaranteed to stun him, axes generally works well though... A third counselor with a bat will bring him to his knees 99 out of 100 times... but is still NOT guaranteed to bring him to his knees.... And there should be no guarantee to stun him and bring him to his knees... Killing Jason is already WAY too easy for something that was meant to be difficult to achieve and a rare thing to see... Let's not make it even easier.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Machetes have a low stun chance... axes are higher (around 66%ish, maybe a bit more) but still not guaranteed to stun him, axes generally works well though... A third counselor with a bat will bring him to his knees 99 out of 100 times... but is still NOT guaranteed to bring him to his knees.... And there should be no guarantee to stun him and bring him to his knees... Killing Jason is already WAY too easy for something that was meant to be difficult to achieve and a rare thing to see... Let's not make it even easier.

In my experiences...

If you're part of a kill squad and you're one of the 2 designated people to die, or 1, if you're just running a 2 man squad...you better be running Sucker Punch. 

Prior to me running Sucker Punch, I'd say I failed on putting Jason to his knees as Tommy 2 out of 10 games.  It annoyed the fk outta me, so it was suggested within the group of 4 of us that play pretty regularly that all of us should try out Sucker Punch and see if that fixes that problem. 

In the 4 months I've run Sucker Punch I have yet to fail in putting Jason to his knees as Tommy with an axe.  Probably killed 100s of Jasons in that time period. 

So there is a guarantee to putting Jason to his knees.  And that's if Tommy is running Sucker Punch.  As Tommy should be the only one hitting Jason when he's in sweater stun...imo  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

In the 4 months I've run Sucker Punch I have yet to fail in putting Jason to his knees as Tommy with an axe.  Probably killed 100s of Jasons in that time period. 

I don't doubt it works better, but some players have had it fail... it is just rarer for it to fail with sucker punch... One day, it will fail you too... but when it does, it should not be so frustrating with so many successful kills... And I have no doubt you have killed 100's of Jasons since then.
   I am not one to go hunt Jason all the time though, for me it is rare to bother trying, so I am not going to switch up my perks for it... The axe works often enough that it is still pretty rare for it to fail me.
   The third person with a bat is just as good as a guarantee from what I have seen... the bat failing to bring him to his knees fails so rarely it is a non issue... much like the failure rate of an axe with sucker punch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1