On 8/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, mattshotcha said:

EDIT: The patch is rolling out now on platforms. PC will see it almost instantly, PS4 should eb their typical roll out. Xbox is completed on our end, just in the process with Microsoft. That process can take some time, so expect the patch on the Xbox One within the next few hours.

Patch 1.35 is the recently discussed rapid patch to solve a few issues that cropped up with the recent fix to our Interaction System. The Interaction System fix was a deep fix inside the system that works with all counselor interactions in game, and was kicked off to fix the issue with counselors being able to slingshot themselves into unreachable areas of the maps, like Packanack Roof.

In our efforts to repair the Interaction System, two key bugs cropped up and slipped by our testing. One was an issue in the code that changed the timings and values for Jason's Abilities. The other was an issue relating to Counselor Animations. The animation issue allowed counselors to cancel animations with various key/button presses. These two issues were flagged as highest priority and the team has prepared a fix.

That fix is complete, as far as internal testing is concerned, but the build to ship to users needs one last final verification test to be ready for users to download. We originally targeted Friday, August 9th as the go live date for this patch, but this final testing phase is taking us into the weekend.

The team is working away at testing this build, literally as we speak, and despite missing the window to have the patch live by the weekend, we are now targeting early next week.

Apologies for the delay, as Friday was our initial goal. But the team is not going to deploy this patch until we have a confident level of testing completed. The work is completed, now we need to run through our verification process and make sure everything is ready for deployment. This stage can take time, and this is why we have pushed out from our target today and into early next week.

The Patch Notes for the upcoming patch are below, but please keep in mind that this is a rapid patch with a very specific target.

• FIXED - Various issues with cooldown speed and timings for Jason's Abilities (Shift, Sense, etc).
    • Cooldown for Abilities was drastically shortened.
    • Unlock timings for Abilities were off, and Abilities would unlock too closely together.
  • FIXED - Counselor Animation Interrupt
    • Counselors were able to interrupt animations with key/button presses such as Combat Stance, and similar.
    • This resulted in unintended behavior with counselors jumping from windows etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While the team is now targeting early next week, keep an eye on this thread for updates.

While the following issues ARE NOT included in this update, there are some high priority issues the team will be investigating next. Environmental Kills, Car Physics, Jarvis House Offline Bots, and Random Counselor will be investigated following the delivery of this patch. These were not included in this patch, as the team will need to dedicate more time to investigation and diagnostics before we can get a plan for those together. This patch needed to be sent out quickly, and in order to do that, the focus stayed on recent issues introduced with the Interaction System work.

I'm wondering if is normal, after that update 1.35 on my ps4 I can't play online, it's really slow and after 5 minutes I use to find only 3 people playing... Because before I didn't had any problems and was really fast

• Like 1

Its normal. The servers are down since 1.35 patch in PS4.

11 days without servers..in Online multiplayer game.

GG

7 minutes ago, Gottaevil said:

GG

Well there has to be some servers, as people are reporting being able to get into games after stopping/starting search once it hits 2 mins. Sounds like a lot of non functional ones though are mixed in.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, salvo9417 said:

I'm wondering if is normal, after that update 1.35 on my ps4 I can't play online, it's really slow and after 5 minutes I use to find only 3 people playing... Because before I didn't had any problems and was really fast

@salvo9417

The normalization of things to do with the patch and the moving of servers yes should have taken a few hours or even less, but not at this late stage of the game something that has taken this long to sort out definitely not. We should all have been able to play, regarding servers there just not there, been turned off? or moved over to accommodate the switch version, or we wouldn't have to wait so long to try and get in to a lobby or in most cases no lobby whatsoever. Getting in to a P2P lobby can take almost up to 7 minutes which is no fun due to pings not being stable enough or the host will suddenly leave and you have to go through the full search process again.

Here is @mattshotcha message that he replied to me below on 20th of August 2019 about 1 hour before they streamed on twitch

"Hey, sorry for the late reply. The team is looking at the situation with servers and we'll have more info on this soon. Post patch is always rocky, but this has continued past the post patch phase and will probably require some rebalancing of servers to get you folks back to connecting quickly. One question, when dumped to P2P matches, do they fill correctly and are playable or no?" 

We have all seen this, we have all read this and we all have our assumptions and finalized our own conclusions on this matter, take from it what you may.

You have also got to remember this issue has been going on since 12th of August 2019 and has affected a lot of players from around the world on the PS4 here in the United Kingdom, other countries in Europe and several states in America.

Here is a post that someone put on reddit that i will put below, for the record i would like to clarify i am not associated with reddit or have ever signed up to them, someone took a snap shot of my message from this forum and posted it to there and put there own headline above it. (It's all good though)

Hope this helps you understand the full situation that is going on, and for me and a lot of other players now it's more of a waiting game to see what there going to do next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gottaevil said:

If that is true....

(Facepalm)

What exactly do you mean? 

1 hour ago, Gottaevil said:

I'm able to play on PS4 in the US.

2 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

There are several states in America that are still unable to play.

7 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

3 minutes ago, Dukes4369 said:

There are several states in America that are still unable to play.

As Dukes said, it's not a total outage. Some regions are able to and some aren't. Those that are in between server locations where the search can plug them into a different server, will and will be playing after almost no delay in matchmaking. 

London being the example. If you are close enough to say the Frankfurt server, the London server acting up will not be as big of an impact to you, if at all. But some users in some regions are just consistently trying to connect to a server that is suffering crashes and issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mayday said:

mattshotcha  Thank you very much for the 2 Uber, I hope you sent them my screenshot. :D

Did those idiots actually get banned?... I have not gone back to look. 

1 hour ago, Dukes4369 said:

Hope this helps you understand the full situation that is going on,

It does.... when we include where he got his own assumption from... Which would be right... here...

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Dukes4369 said:

Seems to me like they have been turned in to Nintendo Switch servers i think as the problem coincides with the launch on that system or they have turned our servers off completely.

This is what makes assumptions "dangerous"... Someone read your assumption and ran with it... knowing full well that it would enflame the community... and many people that have no idea what they are talking about saw it... and agreed with it without even a first thought, let alone a second thought. Agreeing with something because it fits someone's own twisted and uninformed "world view" so there is no more need to question it... seems to be normal human behavior these days.
    Question everything... until you find something provable... Running with an assumption that has no basis in fact is harmful... and you know what they say about assumptions.

I agree that this lack of functional servers has gone on WAY TOO LONG already... I feel for all those affected by it and this issue by itself is going to hurt the player base... But this kind of shit helps nothing, and hurts the entire community. This issue also coincided with the most recent patch... not just the launch of the game on another platform that would not even be using the same servers in the first place.

• Like 1

The method I use to find a match is wait 30 seconds. Then cancel and refresh.

If it goes past 1 minute into 2 minutes it won't find a match.

Refresh often and it works for me to find dedicated servers.

48 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Did those idiots actually get banned?... I have not gone back to look. 

It does.... when we include where he got his own assumption from... Which would be right... here...

This is what makes assumptions "dangerous"... Someone read your assumption and ran with it... knowing full well that it would enflame the community... and many people that have no idea what they are talking about saw it... and agreed with it without even a first thought, let alone a second thought. Agreeing with something because it fits someone's own twisted and uninformed "world view" so there is no more need to question it... seems to be normal human behavior these days.
    Question everything... until you find something provable... Running with an assumption that has no basis in fact is harmful... and you know what they say about assumptions.

I agree that this lack of functional servers has gone on WAY TOO LONG already... I feel for all those affected by it and this issue by itself is going to hurt the player base... But this kind of shit helps nothing, and hurts the entire community. This issue also coincided with the most recent patch... not just the launch of the game on another platform that would not even be using the same servers in the first place.

You have just quoted what you want so it could be took out of context. If Switch servers are different to PS4 servers how can PS4 do crossplay of Fortnite on Nintendo Switch if they have special servers. Whats is so dangerous about assumptions? No one is going to start looting or anything or start a riot.

What is dangerous about someone having a different opinion to you. If you bothered to read who wrote the post which my link is to, the original post was by ME, so how can that be where I got my ASSUMPTIONS from?  The screenshot is of a post I put up but the other person has took my ASSUMPTIONS as gospel even though I never said it was.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine.

No one has said that taking some of the PS4 server space and turning it into Nintendo Switch servers space is incorrect info. Server space is server space and it’s what you do with it what makes what systems it works on.

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

As Dukes said, it's not a total outage. Some regions are able to and some aren't. Those that are in between server locations where the search can plug them into a different server, will and will be playing after almost no delay in matchmaking. 

London being the example. If you are close enough to say the Frankfurt server, the London server acting up will not be as big of an impact to you, if at all. But some users in some regions are just consistently trying to connect to a server that is suffering crashes and issues.

Do you guys think it's possibly a memory leak causing the issue with the servers crashing and restarting? I saw there was a fix for a memory leak issue for the servers on 6.28.17, check back again with the connectivity parts of the game if it is when people search for a game?

Fixed a memory leak for dedicated servers.

I think it was on PC as consoles didn't have dedicated servers at that point, but I'm wondering if the same thing could be happening. But, since the patch was dropped at around the same date as the Switch release, it's difficult to say if it's because of the Switch players and overloaded servers or update wise. If nothing was an issue in the code, then it has to be this unless changes were made to the servers which were unaware of, and not being told about which could maybe help all of us think of possible outcomes of the change. I figured if you'd be with AWS they'd have server logs, but apparently not 😂 if you went with GAE it would've been much easier to figure out the issue with logs.

I don't know which instance the game uses to host dedicated servers, but try finding logs... https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/latest/dg/using-features.logging.html

EDIT:

I officially think you use AWS GameLift for dedicated servers based on locations. Could be EC2, but unlikely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Do you guys think it's possibly a memory leak causing the issue with the servers crashing and restarting? I saw there was a fix for a memory leak issue for the servers on 6.28.17, check back again with the connectivity parts of the game if it is when people search for a game?

Fixed a memory leak for dedicated servers.

I think it was on PC as consoles didn't have dedicated servers at that point, but I'm wondering if the same thing could be happening. But, since the patch was dropped at around the same date as the Switch release, it's difficult to say if it's because of the Switch players and overloaded servers or update wise. If nothing was an issue in the code, then it has to be this unless changes were made to the servers which were unaware of, and not being told about which could maybe help all of us think of possible outcomes of the change. I figured if you'd be with AWS they'd have server logs, but apparently not 😂 if you went with GAE it would've been much easier to figure out the issue with logs.

This is very possible @Nathan5226 me and my friend were going over a few things earlier about a possible connection to the code trying to figure out if it might be a language situation and so fourth trying to bounce different idea's of each other. I do like this though.  @mattshotcha has started a new thread might be worth you posting it there also.

Recent Server Issues - Status

By mattshotcha, 6 hours ago in Friday the 13th: The Game News 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dukes4369 said:

This is very possible @Nathan5226 me and my friend were going over a few things earlier about a possible connection to the code trying to figure out if it might be a language situation and so fourth trying to bounce different idea's of each other. I do like this though.  @mattshotcha has started a new thread might be worth you posting it there also.

Recent Server Issues - Status

By mattshotcha, 6 hours ago in Friday the 13th: The Game News 

Yes, and as I said we can't know anything until we either see logs, take the risk of rolling back the last patch, or disable Switch for a little bit of time to see what happens within 24 hours. Seeing the logs as if it is a server crash, would tell us the file and line of code ruining it all. I guess if it is due to the Switch load of players, they'll either need their own instance, or we'll have to suffer longer. By the way, I can't add it, the topic is locked and only for Staff or Admin and Mods to add too.

@mattshotcha Can you check what the Ohio servers doing? I believe I'm connecting to that one since it's right next to me and the closet.

EDIT

I always think when no one is on the forum, that I some how startled everyone 😂

Edited by Nathan5226
LOL
  • Haha 1

The team will be looking into that, and Ohio is on the list for the strange server behavior.

You didn’t startle us! I was sleeping. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dukes4369 said:

You have just quoted what you want so it could be took out of context.

No, I quoted what the reddit poster took out of context to enflame the community.

If Switch servers are different to PS4 servers how can PS4 do crossplay of Fortnite on Nintendo Switch if they have special servers. 

There is no cross play with this game between ANY platforms... You are taking what had been done with other games and applying it to this game without ANY evidence. This is not Fortnight, nor is this a game that will ever have cross play... This has been stated many times.

Whats is so dangerous about assumptions? No one is going to start looting or anything or start a riot.

What is so dangerous about assumptions?.... This should NOT need to be explained to you... that is, if you are actually older than twelve.
    You also were not around when the "End of Content" was announced... Misinformation and assumptions led to death threats against Victor Miller because a video game was not going to receive more content... Looting or a riot over a video game... Looting, probably not... a riot, we already came damned close to that... and if the riot did come, you can bet your last dollar that there would be looting along with it.
     There is no danger in having a differing opinion... but when that opinion is false, wild speculation with ZERO evidence... or arguing against ACTUAL FACTS it can be VERY harmful... Do some research on this subject... History has a great many examples of where misunderstandings, misinterpretations and outright lies lead to bad situations... From arguments turning violent, right up to something we call war... But no... they are not harmful at all right?

If you bothered to read who wrote the post which my link is to, the original post was by ME, so how can that be where I got my ASSUMPTIONS from?

I did read it... thoroughly. The name of the person that posted the screenshot from the forums is Odinfire73 and makes no claim to be the same person from the post in the screenshot... The post in the screen shot has absolutely nothing to do with the title: "Gun reallocated Bandwidth from the PS4 dedicated servers to use for Switch, this is why you cannot connect."... which is obviously intended to cause backlash from the community... All you need to come to this conclusion is to see how this community reacts to anything that can be considered "bad news"... whether it is true or not... and the understanding that most people cannot read beyond the title or "headline". 
    This same Odinfire73 goes on to make claims as to why Matt asked about P2P connections... and I would put money on Odinfire73 not having ANY idea what he is talking about... as he gives no proper evidence to substantiate his claim, nor is he telepathic, which would be required to know the thoughts of others.
    And then... in the same post which you placed a link to this reddit post... you state this:

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, Dukes4369 said:

Here is a post that someone put on reddit that i will put below, for the record i would like to clarify i am not associated with reddit or have ever signed up to them, someone took a snap shot of my message from this forum and posted it to there and put there own headline above it. (It's all good though)

This would indicate you claim to not have anything to do with reddit or this post, but now you claim you are the original poster... One of these two statements would seem to be a blatant lie. The original poster used a screenshot of your post from here... which is completely out of context with his claim from the title. And then... following this...

22 hours ago, Dukes4369 said:

The screenshot is of a post I put up but the other person has took my ASSUMPTIONS as gospel even though I never said it was.

Now you are not the original poster again... Really? Contradicting yourself much? You never said it was gospel, nor did you state that it was speculation with ZERO evidence... which it was. "Seems to me" would indicate you know something the rest of us do not... and you don't.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and with this right also comes the right to make yourself look like a blithering moron by making assumption based on how you think things work... instead of how things actually work... and contradicting yourself as shown above with your own words does not help your case.
   The more informed your opinion is... the closer to the truth it will be. The less informed it is, the further from the truth you get.... Try sticking to facts, it will at least give the illusion of intelligence through parroting the words of more intelligent people... but a parrot can never explain himself either... so questioning those who parrot words will always lead to them being revealed to know nothing.
    Falsehoods are harmful... end of story. Do you enjoy being lied to? Somehow I doubt it... Do you enjoy others telling falsehoods about you?... Somehow I doubt it... The truth will set you free, but lies will bury you when people discover you lied to them... No one with half a brain will ever take you seriously again after that. Once you lose what trust you have with others, you will NEVER truly get it back... A very valuable life lesson for you right there.

No one has said that taking some of the PS4 server space and turning it into Nintendo Switch servers space is incorrect info. Server space is server space and it’s what you do with it what makes what systems it works on.

Do you expect them to confirm or deny every speculation made by idiots that have no basis for their speculations?... Just that alone would take years to complete at this point, the wild speculations are rather rampant in case you haven't noticed.... They are also not going to confirm speculations that have some foundation to stand on, that would also make a full time job for many people... and either way, no company is going to tell you everything they are doing about any one thing, let alone about everything.
    Also, when dealing with two platforms that use differing operating systems... using one "dedicated" server for both begins to sound impossible... The word dedicated seems to be in there along with servers... this does not mean "multi purpose". Cross play with two or more differing operating systems requires more than just plugging them into one server.
    Stop making assumptions without anything to back it up... How about we have some facts, and take what we will from that?... Common sense and logic are good... facts and truth are helpful... and assumptions and lies ARE dangerous... There, now that's two life lessons for you in one post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Ahab

You stated that Nintendo Switch servers are different to PS4 servers, they might be a different part of a server but it does not mean it is actually a different server. I was using Fortnight as a example as you said Nintendo Switch servers are different to PS4 servers, the server side is the same it’s what you put on it that is different so yes you could change a PS4 server to run as a Nintendo Switch server.

I know we won’t be getting crossplay, I don’t care about crossplay and would just like to get on a PS4 server.

My post was from this site and someone has taken a screen shot of it and put it on Reddit so the ORIGINAL F13 post came from this site is mine as I said I’m not even on Reddit, a friend took a screen shot of the Reddit post and sent it to me or I wouldn’t have even known about it.

It never came close to rioting and looting might come hand in hand where you come from but it don’t everywhere else in the world.

A dedicated server is a type of remote server that is entirely dedicated to an individual, organization or application. A dedicated server is your organization's own server and only contains your data.

At the end of the day I want to get a game on a dedicated server and I can’t. Maybe you want to have a look on google at the definition of a dedicated server.

If you don't like my posts don't read them simple. You just seem like one of these people who just want's to pick at peoples posts, people like you are called keyboard warriors. Today's lesson is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Ok guys relax.

I am relaxed all the time 😃

On 8/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, mattshotcha said:

I've shared as much of a status update as I have at this time in a separate thread.

Server Issues - Status

Are you guys aware the exactly same issue happened in an older update (November 2018's Patch)? It may help to identify the problem. At that time I remember SA (and EU) servers gone missing at the release of the patch and were only back early February.

3 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

Are you guys aware the exactly same issue happened in an older update (November 2018's Patch)? It may help to identify the problem. At that time I remember SA (and EU) servers gone missing at the release of the patch and were only back early February.

Yes @AJViolet I was informed of that situation on the 15th of August from a friend that the South American servers went down on November 2018 after patch then was patched again on February 2019 and the servers were up and running again.