22 hours ago, Ahab said:

And we all know why you agree with that.

Of coarse you do, please enlighten us all as to why. Let me guess your usual blabber about how I’m a troll and want to beat him senseless and how it’s actually harder to be Jason now because he takes more damage or is it something else this time? Maybe just maybe it’s because when people who play this game for hours a day are Jason and the counselors are just casual players they are all dead in about 6 min. Maybe we could throw in a teamer running along with a Jason in rage opening doors and blocking windows, at least when you could stun him you actually still had a defense to said situation.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Of coarse you do, please enlighten us all as to why. Let me guess your usual blabber about how I’m a troll and want to beat him senseless and how it’s actually harder to be Jason now because he takes more damage or is it something else this time? Maybe just maybe it’s because when people who play this game for hours a day are Jason and the counselors are just casual players they are all dead in about 6 min. Maybe we could throw in a teamer running along with a Jason in rage opening doors and blocking windows, at least when you could stun him you actually still had a defense to said situation.

That last reason is very situational and is not something that happens every match.....

Teaming is not something the developers would roll back the Rage mode over.....( I hope they never do.)

The Rage mode did not given Jason any extra abilities to catch counselors easier....

It made Engaging him in combat riskier without the right weapons,  surviving is still very possible and Killing Jason is far easier than it was before.

Also of note a Teaming player opening doors doesn’t add any real Advantage for a Rage filled Jason.......He can smash doors down instantly anyway......

Teaming in itself is an issue but all games have those types of players.....and has no  Bearing on Rage and is a completely different conversation piece altogether.

All I can suggest is make your own team for private matches if this is a real issue for you.

As for the reasons you stated at the beginning of your post....

1) I don’t know if you are a troll....jury is still out(😉)

2) Jason does take more damage with non-stunning hits....this is a fact.

3) I haven’t seen Jason Kill a whole lobby in 6 minutes except against bots on Jarvis map that don’t move .... so I think you might be exaggerating a bit.

All in all I am not opposed to a tweak to Rage either with flare gun head shots or fireworks stunning...this is a good compromise that would give counselors players a few more opinions to keep Jason at bay till the end of the match.

5 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Of coarse you do, please enlighten us all as to why.

Already did... go back and read the earlier posts in this very thread... or, a great many other posts in MANY other threads that were written... not just by me... but MANY other people here.

Let me guess your usual blabber about how I’m a troll 

Your own usual blabber... and the name you chose are quite enough proof of your own trollish behavior. I quoted your posts in the past... just in case you tried to go back and edit something out.... edits do not come through in quotes... troll.
    I also NEVER said it was harder to play Jason now... apparently you cannot read properly. Have you passed grade two yet?.... Your understanding of the language we agreed upon at the start of this conversation says otherwise.

Maybe just maybe it’s because when people who play this game for hours a day are Jason and the counselors are just casual players they are all dead in about 6 min.

I am a casual player... who plays anywhere from four to six hours ANY day I play (I don't sleep much at all) and I escape quite often. It is really too bad that you cannot learn more than one way to play this game... that is on you, and ONLY on you. I never even claimed to be good at this game... I just never relied on smacking Jason around... and I escape more since the rage buff than before it.

Maybe we could throw in a teamer running along with a Jason in rage opening doors and blocking windows, at least when you could stun him you actually still had a defense to said situation.

If you do not like playing with teamers.... there is an extraordinarily simple solution to that... so simple in fact that a small child can figure it out... Leave the game and find another lobby.... Do like I do and try not to play with assholes... It is not hard, and takes VERY little effort to accomplish.

4 hours ago, Jason voorhees115 said:

Hey guys I know a lot of you disagree with it being removed but i didn’t say I want it removed just nerfed a little like make it harder to stun Jason 

It may be tweaked a bit at some point, but the rage buff is not going anywhere according to Matt on the stream today... I am not against a bit of a tweak... but I am against giving the ignorant trolls their toys back.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

1) I don’t know if you are a troll....jury is still out(😉)

You apparently have not read many (or any?) of his early posts... and what kind of person choses a name like his... There is only ONE answer to that... Profiling works... and names that people chose for themselves... say a lot about their personalities.... For instance, you are a fan of Halloween.... and I am not necessarily talking about the movies... and I have a safe guess at the year you were born in.... or at least, someone close to you... I feel old again.

3) I haven’t seen a match End in 6 minutes  except against bots on Jarvis map that don’t move .... so I think you might be exaggerating a bit.

I have.... Counselors that can actually work as a team and avoid speed looting, can get both cars going in less than two minutes. When Jason has no active shift, he has zero chance to stop one car, let alone two... and six counselors are gone before he gets his first shift. This is VERY rare, but I have seen it from both sides of play... and that last counselor NEVER lasts long.... The rage buff give Jason ZERO tools to deal with this type of teamwork... and neither should it. That type of teamwork rewards itself.

All in all I am not opposed to a tweak to Rage either with flare gun head shots and possibly fireworks stunning this is a good compromise that give counselors players a few more opinions to keep Jason at bay till the end of the match.

Although I am not against "tweaks" to rage... I am opposed to giving the trolls back their toys in ANY way... Pinata parties need to remain on the endangered list... Everything else you said was spot on and 100%... FACTS.... I like facts... you can prove anything is true with facts... and call out any falsehood with them as well. Facts are multipurpose tools.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

You apparently have not read many (or any?) of his early posts... and what kind of person choses a name like his... There is only ONE answer to that... Profiling works... and names that people chose for themselves... say a lot about their personalities.... For instance, you are a fan of Halloween.... and I am not necessarily talking about the movies... and I have a safe guess at the year you were born in.... or at least, someone close to you... I feel old again.

I assume his name is actually a direct reference to the first Halloween movie. The date matches exactly. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ahab said:

It may be tweaked a bit at some point, but the rage buff is not going anywhere according to Matt on the stream today... I am not against a bit of a tweak... but I am against giving the ignorant trolls their toys back.

Glad to hear it won’t be rolled back as it was a very welcome addition to the game.

You apparently have not read many (or any?) of his early posts... and what kind of person choses a name like his... There is only ONE answer to that... Profiling works... and names that people chose for themselves... say a lot about their personalities.... For instance, you are a fan of Halloween.... and I am not necessarily talking about the movies... and I have a safe guess at the year you were born in.... or at least, someone close to you... I feel old again

I am familiar with some of Urmomsnewman posts.... I know exactly what he wants introduced back into the game....And why... I think we all can tell....some people definitely use their username as a way to troll others his is a perfect example.

My user name is definitely meant as a reference to the Original John Carpenter Film as it is my favorite film, and though it is not my birth date the year it was released is definitely not far from it.

.Counselors that can actually work as a team and avoid speed looting, can get both cars going in less than two minutes. When Jason has no active shift, he has zero chance to stop one car, let alone two... and six counselors are gone before he gets his first shift. This is VERY rare, but I have seen it from both sides of play...

He was referring to Jason wiping out lobbies in 6 minutes....

( have not seen a Jason in Quick play or especially private matches with all experienced players steam roll players that quickly in a long time.)

....counselors can very easily escape or Kill Jason in that time or less depending on coordination.

@Ahab said :   Although I am not against "tweaks" to rage... I am opposed to giving the trolls back their toys in ANY way... Pinata parties need to remain on the endangered list... Everything else you said was spot on and 100%... FACTS.... I like facts..

Agreed, especially when it comes to melee combat. Flares are a limited resource in the game...so I don’t see them really interrupting the rage mode mechanics at all....I still think only head shots should stun.... it could be the difference of a counselor having enough time to make it from point A to point B giving them a slight reprieve.

Ps Thanks....I am a big fan of Facts.

8 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I assume his name is actually a direct reference to the first Halloween movie. The date matches exactly. 

😉 your assumption is 100% correct.

14 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

My speculations work better when I am not wearing beer goggles, but I was not very far off... I did not look at the dates for the Halloween movies. I prefer to work off the top of my head with the knowledge I have rather than go look things up... Unless I am not sure about a point that I feel is important... This one was just a quick speculation based on name, and what 31 has talked about in the past.
   You are a Star Wars fan... If not for the inclusion of Grand Admiral Thrawn in the show "Rebels"... I would assume you have read the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy... I read those books when they came out, Timothy Zahn created one of the best villains of all time in Grand Admiral Thrawn in my opinion... But I have no clue where the 3054 comes from... From the way you express yourself here, I assume you are not overly young compared to some others... so I am going to go with... You were a fan of the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy... Star Wars was awesome, but somewhat went downhill when Jar Jar Binks was introduced... and they still have not made anything better than the old stuff... and keep digging themselves into a bigger hole in my opinion.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

some people definitely use their username as a way to troll others his is a perfect example.

Exactly my point... But we should always use all of the information available when possible... His posts also speak volumes without even considering the name he chose.

My user name is definitely meant as a reference to the Original John Carpenter Film as it is my favorite film, and though it is not my birth date the year it was released is definitely not far from it.

Guessing that the 1978 was your birthday (or someone's birthday who is close to you) I based on how you express yourself here... and the 1978 portion of your name, not the Oct 31 part. You do not come across as someone overly young (no offence, this is meant as a compliment)... This is always hard to guess when only seeing text that someone wrote and not the person themselves... I did not even consider the release date of the movie... the beer goggles were on last night.
    Many of us here are fans of the Halloween franchise... and of the night we can all wear masks in public... But the movies were a safe guess with the specific day of the year as a reference without actually stating the name.

He was referring to Jason wiping out lobbies in 6 minutes....

Yes... I know. I have killed everyone in a lobby very quickly before, but that is because everyone charged me for a piñata party and did not last long... If they would have grouped up first, they may have lasted longer overall... But I never time my matches.
    My point was that quickest games I have seen, counselors made Jason look like a noob in three minutes or less by leaving only one counselor to kill... Jason is not invulnerable... and against a group of people that can work together, they can make him look pretty pathetic rather quickly... no matter his skill level... This has happened to my Jason a couple of times... and I have helped in the very quick escape of six counselors quite a few times... the last remaining counselor never lasts long as this puts huge pressure on Jason to "save face" by killing the last counselor quickly.
    It does take some luck in finding a pocket knife or two to disarm traps on the cars that are place very early, but beyond that... it is just knowing where the parts spawn and working as a team... Convincing players not to speed loot three cabins is the hardest part of doing this. Players can also work around the traps if they are quick and lay bear traps around the car before he can place any traps... Jason players sometimes get very salty when counselors do theat... He cannot place a trap on another trap, armed or not.
    I have also seen MANY matches end in under six minutes with Jason getting zero kills... all it takes is the cops getting called very early, and a few good kiters... This in no way makes Jason look over powered.
    As you said, Jason can be killed in that time or less too... I have seen that happen quite a few times as well since I started playing... I think a few players on these forums have posted videos of VERY quick Jason kills... but there are also many on youtube as well.

As to how quickly a great Jason player can wipe a lobby, @GeneiJin can do it pretty quickly on a fairly consistent basis against a lobby of really frickin' good players... I do not time matches as I said, but I have seen Jin wipe some damned good lobbies pretty quickly a few times. Jin is the best player I have yet to encounter from either side of play... and I have seen very few that come close to his skill with counselor play, and fewer still that come anywhere near his skill with Jason... and I have played against one hell of a lot of players in my 1386 hours of play on this game.

Although I do love the Halloween franchise... I love F13 a tad bit more.

• Like 1

I know for a fact that when the fuse spawned in the phone house( glad that is gone) I heard someone mess up putting in the fuse by the time I had grabbed the 2 throwing knives and pulled up the morph map. That's like what 15- 20 seconds at the most? If they had not messed up and had a My dad's a cop perk that match would have been essentially over in less than 5 minutes.

@Ahab I just happen to be a big enough Halloween nerd to know the date. That's how I was reasonably certain. As for the my name, you are right. I got it from the Thrawn trilogy. I also agree that he was an amazing villain. I've read and own a fair number of Star Wars books. 

42 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab I just happen to be a big enough Halloween nerd to know the date. That's how I was reasonably certain. As for the my name, you are right. I got it from the Thrawn trilogy. I also agree that he was an amazing villain. I've read and own a fair number of Star Wars books. 

The Star Wars Novels after Return of the Jedi that are now consider “Legends” and are not part of the Star Wars cannon any more were so much better than the last 2 films we have gotten. 

(My absolute favorite Star Wars novel is Shadows of the Empire.)

I actually walked out of the theater during The Last Jedi.

I have since seen the complete movie as my son is a huge Star Wars fan and asked me to purchase the Blu Ray. ( I still wish I didn’t see it.)

@Ahab your speculations were definitely very close for My user name and Spot on for Thrawn.

Age is definitely hard to narrow down from simple text. thanks for the compliment some days I feel very old lol...

I agree with you... that when it comes to Star Wars the original trilogy is the end all be all when it comes to quality and stories....I will say this though....I will take Jar jar Binks and the prequel trilogy over this politically correct social Disney pushed Agenda saga we are currently getting.

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The Star Wars Novels after Return of the Jedi that are now consider “Legends” and are not part of the Star Wars cannon any more were so much better than the last 2 films we have gotten. 

(My absolute favorite Star Wars novel is Shadows of the Empire.)

I actually walked out of the theater during The Last Jedi.

I have since seen the complete movie as my son is a huge Star Wars fan and asked me to purchase the Blu Ray. ( I still wish I didn’t see it.)

@Ahab your speculations were definitely very close for My user name and Spot on for Thrawn.

Age is definitely hard to narrow down from simple text. thanks for the compliment some days I feel very old lol...

I agree with you... that when it comes to Star Wars the original trilogy is the end all be all when it comes to quality and stories....I will say this though....I will take Jar jar Binks and the prequel trilogy over this politically correct social Disney pushed Agenda saga we are currently getting.

Solo wasn't bad. Not great, but really how is anybody going to fill those shoes.

Last Jedi was kinda painful.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I cannot remember how many books there are... but is quite a few before Star Wars... and quite a few after Return of the Jedi... I have read them all... The later books were much better than what "The Force Awakens" gave us... I would have loved to see "Heir to the Empire" made into a trilogy... Awesome books.
   If I was just a bit more of a Halloween fan... I may have saw that even with the beer goggles on.
   As I said though... profiling works. I am not a psychologist or anything, but I have read many books on the subject. Humans will be humans after all... Differing personality types aside, we are all pretty much wired in the same manner... or psychology would never have been a thing at all.
   I have a huge variety of interests... and have lived long enough to learn a lot about many of my interests.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I know for a fact that when the fuse spawned in the phone house( glad that is gone) I heard someone mess up putting in the fuse by the time I had grabbed the 2 throwing knives and pulled up the morph map. That's like what 15- 20 seconds at the most? If they had not messed up and had a My dad's a cop perk that match would have been essentially over in less than 5 minutes.

I remember those days too... and am also glad they are gone. But the fuse can and does span very close to the phone house and the call can still be made very quickly if Jason does not hang around the phone house for long.
    As soon as someone asks "Where is the fuse box is?"... I ask "Where did you find it?"... I always have the map perk on, and this is just another reason why... As soon as they tell me where they found it... I can tell them where the fuse box is... and I almost never guess wrong. Just the spawn point of the fuse is an excellent indicator when you know where all of the phone house spawn points are on every map.
    One of my friends has a Legendary "My Dad's a Cop" perk that starts the countdown at 3:40... That is the best I have seen from that perk yet. If she is near the phone house when this happens, it is often a VERY short match. She has been responsible for some low kill counts on my Jason... and MANY other Jason players as well... and she went the longest time without even using a mic. But we do still have to survive long enough and get to the exit... a half decent Jason is still going to get a couple counselors... But if we are chasing great kiters, it can be a very low kill count... this is when it is time to be selective on who you are chasing for sure.

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yes, the new movies are nothing but crap... Lucas still has the rights to the original characters, and Disney is apparently pretty cheap and does not want to pay him any more than they can get away with. The Force Awakens did have potential, but the untrained Rey easily defeating the VERY well trained Kylo was literally just too much bullshit... That was more unbelievable that if an army of zombies crawled out of their graves and eating the stormtrooper's brains without removing their helmets... and The Last Jedi drove the final nail in the coffin.
    If you or @thrawn3054 have not yet seen it... I suggest you check out "Vader Episode I: Shards of the Past" on youtube… It is a fan film... but blew the new movies out of the water in my opinion.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Solo wasn't bad. Not great, but really how is anybody going to fill those shoes.

Last Jedi was kinda painful.

Solo wasn’t terrible. But I have read better Han and Chewie stories about their becoming life long friends that blew this film away.

the only new Star Wars film I like is  Rogue One......it doesn’t completely shit on characters from the original franchise and attempts to add to the existing story elements.

Yes, the new movies are nothing but crap... Lucas still has the rights to the original characters, and Disney is apparently pretty cheap and does not want to pay him any more than they can get away with. The Force Awakens did have potential, but the untrained Rey easily defeating the VERY well trained Kylo was literally just too much bullshit... That was more unbelievable that if an army of zombies crawled out of their graves and eating the stormtrooper's brains without removing their helmets... and The Last Jedi drove the final nail in the coffin.
    If you or @thrawn3054 have not yet seen it... I suggest you check out "Vader Episode I: Shards of the Past" on youtube… It is a fan film... but blew the new movies out of the water in my opinion.

I did see Vader : Episode 1!!!

I cannot Wait  for episode 2!!! It was extremely well done perfectly captures Vader’s tortured psyche....I am looking forward to that upcoming battle!

Disney has grown so rich an powerful that they don’t even care about making the fans happy with the movies they make it’s all about P/C and feminism Agendas.....

I am all for equality and showing How great / powerful both male and female characters are in these/ all  films but not at the expense of making other characters look stupid and sacrificing a good story that should take Precedence.

ps we just Railroaded this thread lol.

oh well it was a ridiculous topic thread to start with.......Jason rage mode = Not too over powered.

@Ahab I wish they'd made it into a movie trilogy as well. I already had half a cast for it in my head. So many of those books were far better than movies. I can't say I've read them all though I'd guess I've read at least 50.

37 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Solo wasn’t terrible. But I have read better Han and Chewie stories about their becoming life long friends that blew this film away.

the only new Star Wars film I like is  Rogue One......it doesn’t completely shit on character from the original franchise and attempts to add to the existing story.

I definitely liked Rogue One the best.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:12 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

It is not harder to play Jason now.  Sure damage is guaranteed after rage, but if you had anti Jason kill strats before the buff, it's really not much of an issue now.  Before you had to patently space and attack during the entire game, now as soon as you get rage, just slash away.

My 2 cents regard balancing the Rage buff.  As mentioned before, make flare guns and fireworks stunable again.  Also adjust the rate Jason gains rage from hits, decrease it a little.  What I'm finding is that Jason gets rage too fast during battles for the car or fuse.  Adjust it just a bit to give counselors a little more time and chances to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

My 2 cents regard balancing the Rage buff.  As mentioned before, make flare guns and fireworks stunable again.  Also adjust the rate Jason gains rage from hits, decrease it a little.  What I'm finding is that Jason gets rage too fast during battles for the car or fuse.  Adjust it just a bit to give counselors a little more time and chances to fix it. 

I second this.

18 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am all for equality and showing How great / powerful both male and female characters are in these films but not at the expense of making other characters look stupid and sacrificing a good story that it should take Precedence.

ps we just Rail road in this thread lol.

oh well it was a ridiculous topic thread to start with.......Jason rage mode = Not too over powered.

Equality is what everyone should strive for... anyone against equality for everyone is the enemy of freedom.... #ALL Lives Matter
   Pushing political view in movies is bad... political crap just divides everyone as the views of all people are different and it just kills the stories.... Disney's shit job at continuing the story proves this beyond doubt.
   I could not even make it through "Solo"... but Rogue One was alright.
   We can talk about other stuff without completely derailing it.... @thrawn3054 Many of them were good books... and some were great, or at least close to great. Admiral Dallaa was also a good villain... that suncrusher was the best superweapon in the books... or movies for that matter. Why destroy one planet when you can just wipe out the entire solar system?... A much scarier weapon than a death star... and it also changes the gravitational constant in the "local" area... which would greatly affect many things over time... including their hyperspace routes. 

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Before you had to patently space and attack during the entire game, now as soon as you get rage, just slash away.

Just slashing away does not always work out well... particularly not against you.

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Although they are probably going to add the flare gun and firecracker stuns back at some point, I don't think the rate of damage towards rage needs adjusting at all. Most of the people I play with barely take a swing at me and I often do not even see rage mode unless I am playing against someone who wants to fight Jason. If players want to bash him around, there is a price now... as it should be.
    Matt did say in the stream on Tuesday that adjustments to rage will probably be made... but damage building towards rage needs to stay.

The battle for the car never worked well against a Jason that knows how to do it... even before the rage buff. The ONLY way they were getting away from me in this situation is if the driver was running the grease monkey perk... and everyone that wants to escape gets back into the car before it gets started. As a counselor, I never hang around for the battle for the car... I leave and try to draw Jason away so someone else can circle back and get it started again. My death is irrelevant if it leads to even one escape. If Jason follows someone else, then I go back and get it started again... and pick up as many players as I can get away with.
    The counselors have all the chances they need here if they can work as a team and use their heads... and if they cannot work as a team, then Jason barely needs to work for his kills and will wipe the lobby pretty quickly... This is as it should be... Teamwork is what gives counselors an advantage over Jason in these situations... and this DOES NOT mean ganging up on him for a piñata party beside the car or fuse box... There are many other tactics that are far more effective. His biggest weakness against a team that wants to escape is that he can only be in one place at a time.
    Most of my friends have learned this, but there are a few hold outs that continue to try... I don't see so many battles over the car unless I am playing randoms that do not know any better... which almost uniformly leads to four easy kills while they try and use me as a piñata beside the driver's window... This can lead to early rage... but that is on the players... They ALL know that this brings rage on quicker, but they don't care as they think they will be escaping soon and someone else will have to deal with a raging Jason... Too many players think only of themselves, and ANY team will suffer for having team members like this... As the game stands now, team work put Jason in his place... no teamwork puts counselors in their graves... A really good Jason player can often do well against a good team, but he will never do well against a good team 100% of the time... Also as it should be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:52 PM, GeneiJin said:

...Meh,  I think the game is fine at the moment.

Players get the chance to get a few wacks in, then rage kicks in.

Players should not be fighting Jason, they should be running or dying.  They should not be fighting for the car or fuse.  If Jason targets the fuse, the car is open.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

...Meh,  I think the game is fine at the moment.

Players get the chance to get a few wacks in, then rage kicks in.

Players should not be fighting Jason, they should be running or dying.  They should not be fighting for the car or fuse.  If Jason targets the fuse, the car is open.

This. don't get into a mob of 4 or 5 players that all just stand around trying to do the same thing. Split up and hit all the objectives at same time. Increases chance for escape exponentially. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This. don't get into a mob of 4 or 5 players that all just stand around trying to do the same thing. Split up and hit all the objectives at same time. Increases chance for escape exponentially. 

I mean, if fire works and flare guns stun Jason while in rage.  A group of players can force Jason into stun, repair the fuse and call the cops right in Jason face.  This is why I think adding stun mechanics to rage mode is a bad idea.  This is basically regressing the game to stunning and mocking Jason and forcing objectives on top of him, except now in RAGE mode.

As it stands now..   Counsellors can put pressure on the fuse box but avoid Jason.  While another group fixes the car.  If Jason commits to protecting the fuse the car is open, and vise versa.  At that point if the car gets started, Jason now has to make another choice, chase the car (which leaves the fuse box open) or keep protecting the fuse.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I mean, if fire works and flare guns stun Jason while in rage.  A group of players can force Jason into stun, repair the fuse and call the cops right in Jason face.  This is why I think adding stun mechanics to rage mode is a bad idea.  This is basically regressing the game to stunning and mocking Jason and forcing objectives on top of him, except now in RAGE mode.

As it stands now..   Counsellors can put pressure on the fuse box but avoid Jason.  While another group fixes the car.  If Jason commits to protecting the fuse the car is open, and vise versa.  At that point if the car gets started, Jason now has to make another choice, chase the car (which leaves the fuse box open) or keep protecting the fuse.

Good points !

I can see your point about flares and Firecrackers...... if any change is made to rage I would rather it only be one or the other not both and I am leaning more to head shot only flare gun to stun in rage mode.....

welcome back! Glad to see you posting again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I never understood why players want to battle Jason over the car... When does this ever work out well? Lead him away, whoever is not being chased, circle back and take the car... or get the call off.... This works more often than not. The battle at the car or fuse box never works against any Jason that knows how to do it. But it has led to half the lobby being killed in under a minute of play time a great many times for me... rage or no rage... and if no rage, I will be in rage soon after it.
    Letting someone with the grease monkey perk start the car does work with a properly timed stun... That's it. Otherwise the car isn't going anywhere and Jason will slash down three counselors and give chase to the last one that finally smartens up and runs away. Four players battling Jason over the car is just poor tactics.
    Leading Jason far enough away from the car and stunning him while someone is close enough to get in and start the car works IF, and ONLY if the Jason player is not paying attention. If he is paying attention, he is not going to leave anyone that close to the car and keep chasing someone else. Against a Jason that knows what he is doing here... players actually have to move out of sense range until he is far enough away from the car that he won't see them (the range of his chase music)... sound pings are also a killer here when Jason watches for them. This is why I play A.J. so much... no sound pings when jogging helps WAY more than most players realize... The stealth system needs ABSOLUTELY no buffs... people just have to learn to have enough patience to use it properly. 
     Body blocking the fuse box works against some Jason players, but that is a sacrifice of one counselor to get it done. But body blocking requires another counselor to defend them if that Jason has choke equipped and gets there right away... Then again, if Jason goes for the caller... this doesn't work either.
     There is a chance to interrupt Jason's box smashing animation... and it happened ONCE to me three times in a row and the call got off... But this is extremely rare considering the amount of times players have tried to interrupt the box smashing animation against me.
     The best bet to get the call off against a Jason that knows what he is doing is to use a pocket knife to disarm the trap... but god forbid someone has to give up a pocket knife... Players refusing to give up a pocket knife to get the call off... more often than not... cost the team the call.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

This is basically regressing the game to stunning and mocking Jason and forcing objectives on top of him, except now in RAGE mode.

This is what would concern me if these adjustments are made to rage... I am against giving the trolls back their tools.
    Fighting Jason is literally ONLY required if you want to try and kill him... If you are not going for a kill, and no one hits him, rage takes a long time to build up... and ANY group that can even uses teamwork in the most basic of ways will get objectives complete and escape LONG before rage kicks in... even if it is only one car they get going... or get the call to the cops completed. One car can take HALF of the players off the map.... I did this four times last night alone... When I am not going for the boat, if I get a car going... I am not leaving unless it is full, and I am a pretty good driver... An early call to the cops ALWAYS makes for a short match... and short matches with cops arriving generally means quite a few will escape.

Against ANY group of players that can actually work as a team... the rage buff does NOTHING to help Jason catch and kill them... The only thing it does do is prevent him from being used as a piñata for extended periods of time... That is literally ALL it does. And I am against the return of piñata parties... in ANY way, shape or form.
     Many of the friends I play with don't even take a swing at me... and in MANY of my Jason matches I never even see rage. Either I have killed everyone, or a few escape before I hit rage. For the most part I only see rage on my Jason if someone is actually trying to kill me... or a couple of randoms decide to have a piñata party early on.

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Indeed... Jason's biggest weakness. He can only be in one place at a time. In the scenario you describe.... if Jason morphs to the fuse box, the car gets started and can leave without even worrying about seeing him at all before they escape... unless it is Part II with his +Morph, and if he used a shift to deal with the fuse box, the car is getting away anyway. Jason has ZERO chance to stop the car without having an active shift (barring a stupid mistake from the driver)… and if he has no morph active, he CANNOT get into position to shift into the car to stop it in the first place even if he has an active shift.
   If he goes after the car here, then he has no morph to go after the fuse box in time, unless he is playing Part II... and all it takes is one stun to complete the call if he arrives late.

Players demanding a change to the rage buff simply need to adjust their tactics... like everyone else already has... Unless you are trying to kill Jason, do not hit him unless you are trying to save another counselor in his grip... it is that simple... Low stamina counselors can still kite Jason for ten minutes+ without EVER hitting him... and if they can do it, I am not seeing the problem here with high stamina counselors that should have a MUCH easier time doing it than low stamina counselors.
    For my counselor playstyle, all the rage buff did was lead to more escapes... and I did not even have to adjust my tactics.
    For my Jason playstyle, it changed ABSOLUTELY nothing.

• Like 1