Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think most of us agree that Jason’s current rage mode is too powerful I get what they were trying to do but they took it one step too far I think instead of making Jason invincible they should make him moderately harder to stun because if you think about somebody could be teaming and give him rage or if there’s one person left how are they gonna defend themselves. Good question they can’t! Let me know what y’all think about rage mode does it need to be reverted back to the old rage mode, changed or do you think it needs to stay the same? And just to add something else this update was made entirely because of noob Jason players because they always complain when something doesn’t go their way. Now I’m not calling anyone out for being a noob but I’m just saying if you can’t win matches as Jason then ether don’t play him or practice how to evade the councilors with their stuns I’ll update this page if needed

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The anger mode of now is better than the old one, I would change that the flares and firecrackers also stun him. Only that would add.

By the way, welcome to the forum

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Old discussion, actually most don't agree it's like 50/50 for and against from what Matt has been saying. It's not getting removed but they may do what The Rain suggested.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

 

Old discussion, actually most don't agree it's like 50/50 for and against from what Matt has been saying. It's not getting removed but they may do what The Rain suggested.

Ehh I guess but if enough people complain then they might change it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, The Rain said:

The anger mode of now is better than the old one, I would change that the flares and firecrackers also stun him. Only that would add.

By the way, welcome to the forum

I can somewhat agree with that change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Jason voorhees115 said:

I think most of us agree that Jason’s current rage mode is too powerful I get what they were trying to do but they took it one step too far I think instead of making Jason invincible they should make him moderately harder to stun because if you think about somebody could be teaming and give him rage or if there’s one person left how are they gonna defend themselves. Good question they can’t! Let me know what y’all think about rage mode does it need to be reverted back to the old rage mode, changed or do you think it needs to stay the same?

   So many people complained about the rage buff before the patch even dropped it is not funny, and EVERYONE that complained before trying it lost their right to complain about it.
   Jason is not invincible, he is easier to kill with the rage buff... I saw three players survive the night against experienced Jason players just last night... Not invincible, and sure as shit not impossible to escape from.
   After it dropped and I saw the complaints, I asked pretty much everyone I played with over the course of a month or so... friends and randoms… VERY few had any complaint at all, and the two that did were trying to use Jason as a piñata... which the rage buff was put in to prevent... So they had no right to complain about it anyway... as they were the reason it was implemented in the first place.
   A great many of the complaints on these forums were from players that enjoyed making Jason look like a clown in his own game... and this buff would NEVER had been necessary if trolls could refrain from acting like trolls... but they can't... so here we are.

   Quite a few that did complain here adapted and have little problem with it now as well... It never even affected my playstyle from either side of play.
   And the people beating Jason into rage early... everyone seems to call them teamers... But in truth, everyone that puts me in rage early are not teamers, they are not even friends... they are trolls that are trying to have a piñata party with Jason as the piñata.
   A return to the piñata party days of old is not welcome thank you... and I am against changing it at all, it is unwarranted... I see more people escaping after that buff then before it... It actually gives some players incentive to do something to escape... and when that happens, players escape, sometimes pretty early on in a match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 1:00 AM, DontZzz34 said:

It isn’t too OP. Learn to be able to handle chases with conserving your stamina

Maybe some players like vennesa or tommy Jarvis can easily do that but the rest have slow stamina regeneration and they lose it pretty quickly to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, Ahab said:

   So many people complained about the rage buff before the patch even dropped it is not funny, and EVERYONE that complained before trying it lost their right to complain about it.
   Jason is not invincible, he is easier to kill with the rage buff... I saw three players survive the night against experienced Jason players just last night... Not invincible, and sure as shit not impossible to escape from.
   After it dropped and I saw the complaints, I asked pretty much everyone I played with over the course of a month or so... friends and randoms… VERY few had any complaint at all, and the two that did were trying to use Jason as a piñata... which the rage buff was put in to prevent... So they had no right to complain about it anyway... as they were the reason it was implemented in the first place.
   A great many of the complaints on these forums were from players that enjoyed making Jason look like a clown in his own game... and this buff would NEVER had been necessary if trolls could refrain from acting like trolls... but they can't... so here we are.

   Quite a few that did complain here adapted and have little problem with it now as well... It never even affected my playstyle from either side of play.
   And the people beating Jason into rage early... everyone seems to call them teamers... But in truth, everyone that puts me in rage early are not teamers, they are not even friends... they are trolls that are trying to have a piñata party with Jason as the piñata.
   A return to the piñata party days of old is not welcome thank you... and I am against changing it at all, it is unwarranted... I see more people escaping after that buff then before it... It actually gives some players incentive to do something to escape... and when that happens, players escape, sometimes pretty early on in a match.

Well that’s your opinion your always allowed to disagree if you want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jason voorhees115 said:

Maybe some players like vennesa or tommy Jarvis can easily do that but the rest have slow stamina regeneration and they lose it pretty quickly to

I think you need some practice or you’re doing something wrong then because you can run Jason around for several minutes sometimes even the entire game with Tiffany, Vanessa, Tommy, Victoria being the better choices. You can still survive the night with anyone else but it’ll be harder.  

Try not gassing yourself out when you run from Jason all in one sprint running out in the open and you won’t lose it quickly. 

Ive tested Tiffany can sprint with marathon for 26 seconds (I think that’s right) go outside and do this and tell me they lose it too quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way it works right now is simple.

Unless you plan on killing him, don't bother beating on him unless you need a stun to escape. Otherwise he's going to get rage quick and most of the weapons then become useless. They will give you stamina still if you hit him, but no stun.

Problem is you still have so many do nothing trolls that only have fun by beating on him and running around doing nothing. These types contribute to him getting rage quick and they aren't always teamers.

At first, I thought it was a brilliant change that they finally acknowledged how shit he is against a mob, but the reality is he's still shit against a mob and the rage change is merely a lazy band aid to try to fix all the issues THEY created over 2017 by changing so many things with his mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jason voorhees115 said:

Well that’s your opinion your always allowed to disagree if you want 

   Exactly which part is opinion?
   MASSIVE amounts of people complained before the rage buff patch dropped... complaining about it before they even try it nullifies their complaint, even if they complain again after trying it... They should have tried it first, their bias opinions would not have been so obvious... and NO ONE should EVER listen to a bias opinion, it never works out well.
   Jason is NOT invincible, he is easier to kill... a hit from a weapon that does not stun him does full damage while any hit that does stun him does far less damage... and I see player survive the night against skilled Jason pretty much nighty (when I play nightly) and sometimes many times in one night. Many of them are using the slowest of the counselors... just good players.
    Most of the people that did complain here fully admitted that they loved to bully Jason and use him as a piñata. These posts all still exist... do your research.
    I don't bother asking people's opinion in game about it any more. One month of doing it was enough for me... The first one... "well that sucks" was all he said... and the second person cried because he could not keep stunning Jason after forcing rage to come early... I heard NO ONE else complain about it in game and asked a great many players. The player using him as a piñata... being the rage buff was put in to prevent that... has NO legitimate complaint to make as that type of player was literally the cause of the buff.
    It would also never have been necessary if players were not making Jason look like a clown in his own game... Which is EXACTLY why Mr. Cunningham did not allow another game to be made after the Nintendo game until this game... He did not want Jason to look like a clown in a game again... The interviews are on youtube… go do your research.
    Many people here that did complain have adapted and have little issue with it now... not everyone, but many. It also has NOT affected my playstyle AT ALL from wither side of play, I hardly ever take a swing at Jason in the first place... and learned to fight off piñata parties as Jason during the great Jason nerf of 2017... I have no problem with it, but have seen MANY noobs leave the game and never return after experiencing it ONCE from Jason's perspective... Quite a few of them are  still in my friend's list, and several are personal friends I have know for decades. Non have returned to the game, even after the rage buff... Too little, too late in their minds. Pinata parties NEVER should have been allowed in the first place.
    Trolls having a piñata party early on and putting Jason in rage early is literally the only time I see other Jason players, or myself go into rage early... and the party now ends when rage begins. Good riddance to the piñata party... may it NEVER return in ANY form.
    I have seen more people escaping since the rage buff... Players with a brain actually get stuff done and escape BEFORE Jason goes into rage... and if you do not beat on him, it takes quite a while before he falls into rage.

    NON of this is opinion... ALL of it is fact. Some is merely from my perspective... Others may have seen more people complain... and I would not doubt they were all the same types of trolls having pinata parties in the first place... Complaining about a buff that they were literally responsible for the need to implement it will NEVER be a legitimate complaint.
    The points that are not from my perspective are pretty easy to find if you can read more than four sentences before losing interest. Do your research.

    Disagreeing with facts does not make one look intelligent, in fact... it has the exact opposite effect.
 

16 hours ago, Jason voorhees115 said:

Maybe some players like vennesa or tommy Jarvis can easily do that but the rest have slow stamina regeneration and they lose it pretty quickly to

   Learn to manage your stamina. Low stamina counselors do fine... I play them all the time and escape VERY often. In case you have not noticed.... Sprinting constantly will run everyone's stamina down quickly, including Vanessa, and she falls into fear so easily its not funny... which leaves her stamina regeneration being VERY slow, that is her weakness. A running Jason CANNOT catch up to ANY counselor when they are jogging if he is following them in a straight line.
   Learn to manage your fear and your stamina regeneration will stay high.... When you fall into fear, stamina regeneration slows down. This is true for ALL counselors.
   Open some windows... lock your doors... You will have MANY places to jog to and recover stamina... No matter which map you are on.
   Learn to NOT rely on hitting Jason for a stamina boost... and you will have no problem... whether you use a slow counselor or a fast counselor. Two of the best kiters I have ever seen are constantly using Jenny... I get a good laugh out of them kiting Jason around for fifteen minutes with Jenny... Just catching these players is an accomplishment... and they are using a counselor with a speed of 3. I have seen many skilled Jason players give up and quit simply because he could not catch them.
    I am not a member of the "git gud" community, but you are literally forcing me to say it... Get Good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ahab said:

   Exactly which part is opinion?
   MASSIVE amounts of people complained before the rage buff patch dropped... complaining about it before they even try it nullifies their complaint, even if they complain again after trying it... They should have tried it first, their bias opinions would not have been so obvious... and NO ONE should EVER listen to a bias opinion, it never works out well.
   Jason is NOT invincible, he is easier to kill... a hit from a weapon that does not stun him does full damage while any hit that does stun him does far less damage... and I see player survive the night against skilled Jason pretty much nighty (when I play nightly) and sometimes many times in one night. Many of them are using the slowest of the counselors... just good players.
    Most of the people that did complain here fully admitted that they loved to bully Jason and use him as a piñata. These posts all still exist... do your research.
    I don't bother asking people's opinion in game about it any more. One month of doing it was enough for me... The first one... "well that sucks" was all he said... and the second person cried because he could not keep stunning Jason after forcing rage to come early... I heard NO ONE else complain about it in game and asked a great many players. The player using him as a piñata... being the rage buff was put in to prevent that... has NO legitimate complaint to make as that type of player was literally the cause of the buff.
    It would also never have been necessary if players were not making Jason look like a clown in his own game... Which is EXACTLY why Mr. Cunningham did not allow another game to be made after the Nintendo game until this game... He did not want Jason to look like a clown in a game again... The interviews are on youtube… go do your research.
    Many people here that did complain have adapted and have little issue with it now... not everyone, but many. It also has NOT affected my playstyle AT ALL from wither side of play, I hardly ever take a swing at Jason in the first place... and learned to fight off piñata parties as Jason during the great Jason nerf of 2017... I have no problem with it, but have seen MANY noobs leave the game and never return after experiencing it ONCE from Jason's perspective... Quite a few of them are  still in my friend's list, and several are personal friends I have know for decades. Non have returned to the game, even after the rage buff... Too little, too late in their minds. Pinata parties NEVER should have been allowed in the first place.
    Trolls having a piñata party early on and putting Jason in rage early is literally the only time I see other Jason players, or myself go into rage early... and the party now ends when rage begins. Good riddance to the piñata party... may it NEVER return in ANY form.
    I have seen more people escaping since the rage buff... Players with a brain actually get stuff done and escape BEFORE Jason goes into rage... and if you do not beat on him, it takes quite a while before he falls into rage.

    NON of this is opinion... ALL of it is fact. Some is merely from my perspective... Others may have seen more people complain... and I would not doubt they were all the same types of trolls having pinata parties in the first place... Complaining about a buff that they were literally responsible for the need to implement it will NEVER be a legitimate complaint.
    The points that are not from my perspective are pretty easy to find if you can read more than four sentences before losing interest. Do your research.

    Disagreeing with facts does not make one look intelligent, in fact... it has the exact opposite effect.
 

   Learn to manage your stamina. Low stamina counselors do fine... I play them all the time and escape VERY often. In case you have not noticed.... Sprinting constantly will run everyone's stamina down quickly, including Vanessa, and she falls into fear so easily its not funny... which leaves her stamina regeneration being VERY slow, that is her weakness. A running Jason CANNOT catch up to ANY counselor when they are jogging if he is following them in a straight line.
   Learn to manage your fear and your stamina regeneration will stay high.... When you fall into fear, stamina regeneration slows down. This is true for ALL counselors.
   Open some windows... lock your doors... You will have MANY places to jog to and recover stamina... No matter which map you are on.
   Learn to NOT rely on hitting Jason for a stamina boost... and you will have no problem... whether you use a slow counselor or a fast counselor. Two of the best kiters I have ever seen are constantly using Jenny... I get a good laugh out of them kiting Jason around for fifteen minutes with Jenny... Just catching these players is an accomplishment... and they are using a counselor with a speed of 3. I have seen many skilled Jason players give up and quit simply because he could not catch them.
    I am not a member of the "git gud" community, but you are literally forcing me to say it... Get Good.

I disagree that people complaining about the rage buff before it was implemented makes their complaints invalid. Many times you can look at a change and predict the likely outcome.

I opposed it before it was launched, and still do, for two simple reasons. First I believe removing options is rarely the correct solution to a gaming problem. Removing the ability to fight back in the later part of the match is a mistake to me. After all, the final part of every Friday movie is them fighting back. Secondly it didn't solve any of the fundamental problems. I won't go into those problems as we've all been over them dozens of times at this point. I still believe adding to Jason's ability to fight would've been the better approach. 

I do agree that lower stamina counselors can survive just fine. As a side note, with 5 stamina I don't consider Jenny a low stamina counselor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I disagree that people complaining about the rage buff before it was implemented makes their complaints invalid. Many times you can look at a change and predict the likely outcome.

    If someone is complaining about a change made while being responsible for the behavior that forced the change, then yes... their complaints are invalid... A thief will also complain about being punished for stealing... we will not listen to them for a reason... Those responsible for an issue that requires a change to be made in anything to curb that issue... will find their complaints falling on deaf ears... and rightly so. I could go on with a list of reasons why you don't listen to the people complaining about changes made to stop actions they were responsible for... but the list would be one of the longest written works in history.
    You are right though... It was VERY easy to see where the rage buff would lead... It stopped the piñata parties from lasting the entire match... and ALL of us knew that every player doing this would complain about it. In fact, the only two things we could not predict about it was that it would make killing Jason easier than ever... and just how many players were using Jason as a piñata to begin with. Both of which we discovered after the patch.
    I also thought this would make the game much more difficult to play as a counselor.... it did not. Jason is easier to kill... and the rage buff gave incentive to actually do something towards escaping. I see more escapes after the rage buff dropped than I did before it was implemented.

    They could have reduced the chance to stun to a point where players would have to wonder if it would stun him.... That would have worked just fine... and it would have had all of the same people complaining for pretty much the same reason. In fact, ANYTHING that they could have done that put an end to piñata parties would have been received the same way by the players responsible for it... This is VERY predictable... Children tend to cry when you take their toys away.
    Although there are other problems it did not solve... it did put the fear of Jason into many players... and it stopped the piñata parties dead in their tracks, at least after rage hits.

    Jenny has a speed of 3... you can give her all of the stamina in the world and she will not move any faster.... Half is also pretty low compared to full. If 5 isn't low, then how can 4 be low?... and there are only two counselors with stamina lower than 4... Deborah (at 3 stamina) and Lachappa (at 2 stamina). I see a great many awesome Deborah players that manage to escape and survive the night, and there are also some great kiters that use her... Lachappa on the other hand, I never saw many people play our lord and savior Lachappa… neither before the rage buff or after. But I have seen Lachappa survive the night enough times to still laugh when people call him useless. 
     I used Jenny as an example more as an example more for her speed and lack of players that use her... and 5 stamina really doesn't last much longer than 4 stamina... Perhaps I should have used Deborah as an example... but I have now rectified that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

    If someone is complaining about a change made while being responsible for the behavior that forced the change, then yes... their complaints are invalid... A thief will also complain about being punished for stealing... we will not listen to them for a reason... Those responsible for an issue that requires a change to be made in anything to curb that issue... will find their complaints falling on deaf ears... and rightly so. I could go on with a list of reasons why you don't listen to the people complaining about changes made to stop actions they were responsible for... but the list would be one of the longest written works in history.
    You are right though... It was VERY easy to see where the rage buff would lead... It stopped the piñata parties from lasting the entire match... and ALL of us knew that every player doing this would complain about it. In fact, the only two things we could not predict about it was that it would make killing Jason easier than ever... and just how many players were using Jason as a piñata to begin with. Both of which we discovered after the patch.
    I also thought this would make the game much more difficult to play as a counselor.... it did not. Jason is easier to kill... and the rage buff gave incentive to actually do something towards escaping. I see more escapes after the rage buff dropped than I did before it was implemented.

    They could have reduced the chance to stun to a point where players would have to wonder if it would stun him.... That would have worked just fine... and it would have had all of the same people complaining for pretty much the same reason. In fact, ANYTHING that they could have done that put an end to piñata parties would have been received the same way by the players responsible for it... This is VERY predictable... Children tend to cry when you take their toys away.
    Although there are other problems it did not solve... it did put the fear of Jason into many players... and it stopped the piñata parties dead in their tracks, at least after rage hits.

    Jenny has a speed of 3... you can give her all of the stamina in the world and she will not move any faster.... Half is also pretty low compared to full. If 5 isn't low, then how can 4 be low?... and there are only two counselors with stamina lower than 4... Deborah (at 3 stamina) and Lachappa (at 2 stamina). I see a great many awesome Deborah players that manage to escape and survive the night, and there are also some great kiters that use her... Lachappa on the other hand, I never saw many people play our lord and savior Lachappa… neither before the rage buff or after. But I have seen Lachappa survive the night enough times to still laugh when people call him useless. 
     I used Jenny as an example more as an example more for her speed and lack of players that use her... and 5 stamina really doesn't last much longer than 4 stamina... Perhaps I should have used Deborah as an example... but I have now rectified that.

I don't have an issue with getting rid of pinata parties. I had an issue with how they did it. I wanted them to add tools for Jason that helped if they had the skill to use them. The people who complained because they wanted the pinata parties to continue should be ignored. I just felt your missing the people like me who objected for different reasons. 

I don't see Jenny as low stamina because she's more in the middle. 4 of the 14 have higher stamina then her. 2 others share her stamina stat. The other 7 have less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, thrawn3054 said:

The people who complained because they wanted the pinata parties to continue should be ignored.

   This was my entire point... but sometimes people will have a legitimate complaint for other reason, like you and quite a few others here. I am not overlooking that, but I am against giving trolls back their toys. At this point, most players have adapted extremely well to the rage buff... and new players just see it as the norm... but some will complain that they can't use Jason as a piñata the entire match. Making Jason look like a clown in his own game should NEVER have been allowed in the first place.

    It is often not hard to tell why someone is complaining by how they stated their complaint... But some people are smart enough to use differing reasons to try and get the rage buff reversed... It is also easy enough to call them out with the reasons they do come up with... and as I said, I am against giving the trolls back their toys... We cannot take all of the troll's toys away, there would not be much of a game left, but those we can take away should NEVER be given back... We already know what will happen if we do give them back.
    The combat system for counselors is very effective compared to Jason's side of it.... I have met a few (and ONLY a few) that can effectively fight Jason while in rage for several minutes BY THEMSELVES... It is far from impossible to do, and takes about as much effort as learning to fight off the Battle Chad effectively did... and the number of players that can do this is growing... slowly, but it is growing.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I don't see Jenny as low stamina because she's more in the middle.

    People with issues about low stamina counselors usually only use high stamina counselors... and in their minds, this usually does not include anyone other than Vanessa... and their points often say everyone is useless other than Vanessa... But Tiffany also has high stamina, but only a speed of six, and is never the go to counselor for people that claim low stamina counselors are at a disadvantage... or they would be stating that Tiffany is just as good as Vanessa... and they never do, because Tiffany's speed (6) is not high enough for them.
   Jenny is still a good example here with her having the lowest speed and a stamina stat right in the middle... Her cup of stamina is only half full... or half empty as the case may be... But her speed is as low as it gets in this game without having high stamina. And the fact I see very few people play Jenny compared to pretty much every other counselor... yet these players do VERY well with her.
    Just the simple fact that Jenny has zero chance of ever winning a race against Vanessa (even over a short distance) still makes her a good counselor for this comparison.

   You do not have an issue with piñata parties... you have been around the block more than a few times and learned how to fight effectively... So have I.
   To a new player... particularly a big fan of the franchise... being used as a piñata for even a couple of minutes is more than enough for them to put the game down forever... It is very frustrating to put up with UNTIL you get good enough to deal with it, and that can take a very long time... Things that cost the player base numbers should be considered here as well... and this one DOES cost the player base. Good people leave the game forever, while the trolls remain to brag about how they made someone rage quit, over and over and over again... That needs to be curtailed in EVERY way possible... The player base of this game is low enough already, and has been pretty much since the beginning.

    The great Jason nerf of 2017 happened with the first patch after I bought this game... Before that, being used as a piñata was so frustrating to me I had to walk away after a Jason match in which this happened, or I would have put the game down forever. Like MANY people, I do not play a game in which I am constantly brought to a level of frustration that high... I play for fun, not for frustration... If I wanted frustration on that level, there are cheaper ways to go about it. Fortunately for me... I am as tenacious as my namesake, and I stuck with it. Not many people are that tenacious, even if they will claim they are.
    The great Jason nerf was a time that seemed like I was the only player that wanted to play Jason, and I used this to learn how to fight the Battle Chads... which took a good while before I was good enough to do it effectively... and I am a quick learner.
    Stunning Jason over and over and over again is one of the easiest thing to do in this or any other video game for that matter... learning to fight back against this is FAR more difficult. This fact alone makes it hard to call this an asymmetrically balanced game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, Jason voorhees115 said:

I think most of us agree that Jason’s current rage mode is too powerful I get what they were trying to do but they took it one step too far I think instead of making Jason invincible they should make him moderately harder to stun because if you think about somebody could be teaming and give him rage or if there’s one person left how are they gonna defend themselves. Good question they can’t! Let me know what y’all think about rage mode does it need to be reverted back to the old rage mode, changed or do you think it needs to stay the same? And just to add something else this update was made entirely because of noob Jason players because they always complain when something doesn’t go their way. Now I’m not calling anyone out for being a noob but I’m just saying if you can’t win matches as Jason then ether don’t play him or practice how to evade the councilors with their stuns I’ll update this page if needed

I totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab at this point they couldn't reverse it if they wanted to. The outcry would be even worse. I would like to see Firecrackers and flare guns added to the things that can stun post rage though. I think they're limited enough that it wouldn't be an issue, while adding a few options for surviving the night.

I see your point about Jenny. To me 5 stamina quite solid as half the options have less. I don't think Vanessa is the go to over Tiffany because of her 6 luck and 2 repair not just her speed advantage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ahab said:

People with issues about low stamina counselors usually only use high stamina counselors... and in their minds, this usually does not include anyone other than Vanessa... and their points often say everyone is useless other than Vanessa... But Tiffany also has high stamina, but only a speed of six, and is never the go to counselor for people that claim low stamina counselors are at a disadvantage... or they would be stating that Tiffany is just as good as Vanessa... and they never do, because Tiffany's speed (6) is not high enough for them.

Vanessa is overrated..... Tiffany is underrated. 6 speed does me just fine. I can manage stamina just fine with it against a + run jason. People think you need a 10 speed to get away from jason lol. Imo Tiffany is more effective than Vanessa because she’s more well rounded. She can run Jason around and distract Jason just as good as Vanessa can. She can effectively drop off parts to their objectives quietly so repair counselors can repair them. And she’s an amazing counselor for surviving the night. While Vanessa will do nothing but bring Jason straight to the repair people and leave Jason on them while she goes and finds and hoards all the pk’s And sprays. 90% of the time Vanessa’s are just a nuisance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I totally agree

   And we all know why you agree with that.

56 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would like to see Firecrackers and flare guns added to the things that can stun post rage though. I think they're limited enough that it wouldn't be an issue, while adding a few options for surviving the night.

    I am still undecided about this... Both firecrackers and flare guns have a perk that can start a counselor with one... This still gives the potential for many more on any map if this is implemented. I would still be interested in seeing other ideas, but many people seem stuck on that one. Perhaps they will go with this eventually... it would not bother me too much if they did, but they should drop the perks that add more into the match if they do go with it.
    Although firecrackers are really frickin' loud and oh so bright, I could see why they would at minimum totally screw up his sense ability for thirty seconds or so if he is caught in them... By this I mean, no sound pings and no one will highlight on sense for the duration... I would like to see that put in the game for pre and post rage... whether they stun in rage or not... but the duration should not be overly long either.
    And Flare guns… I have actually seen people shot with a flare gun... A hit in the face would stop anyone, but a hit in the body... no. It just bounced off and fell to the ground, the person was wearing a leather jacket when this happened (do not try this at home)... I hung around some really dumb people when I was young... The stories I could tell.
 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

People think you need a 10 speed to get away from jason lol.

   Yes... and that is why I always try to point out how many players I see that do well with the so called "inferior" counselors. Jason can't catch up to Jenny when she is jogging and she has the slowest possible speed... I could never understand why people deny this... I play Jason all the time... he never catches up to ANY counselor jogging... but giving him a shorter angle of attack, he will gain ground on you. Too many people cannot understand geometry either. Speed is not the end all be all for good counselor players.
   Vanessa is nothing.... in the open she falls to a shift grab as easily as any other counselor. She can really give you no more trouble that what that player can do with any other counselor in a chase. Vanessa is the easiest to track with sound pings, she falls into fear and stumbles around way too much, way too quickly... With all the people saying how she is over powered, you would think I would see a Vanessa survive the night now and again... when she is actually the rarest for me to see survive the night... That is not just against me... but in my overall matches in a night... on any night... As you say, 90% of the time, Vanessa is just a nuisance. 
   I have not played Tiffany in ages... but several people I know that use her do very well with her. @badassgixxer05 does awesome with Tiffany... Always a good chase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ahab said:

  I am still undecided about this... Both firecrackers and flare guns have a perk that can start a counselor with one... This still gives the potential for many more on any map if this is implemented. I would still be interested in seeing other ideas, but many people seem stuck on that one. Perhaps they will go with this eventually... it would not bother me too much if they did, but they should drop the perks that add more into the match if they do go with it.
    Although firecrackers are really frickin' loud and oh so bright, I could see why they would at minimum totally screw up his sense ability for thirty seconds or so if he is caught in them... By this I mean, no sound pings and no one will highlight on sense for the duration... I would like to see that put in the game for pre and post rage... whether they stun in rage or not... but the duration should not be overly long either.
    And Flare guns… I have actually seen people shot with a flare gun... A hit in the face would stop anyone, but a hit in the body... no. It just bounced off and fell to the ground, the person was wearing a leather jacket when this happened (do not try this at home)... I hung around some really dumb people when I was young... The stories I could tell.
.

The flaregun perk doesn't start you with one. If it did I'd agree it would be bad. The Firecrackers perk does, but not many people run it. Myself and @Slasher_Clone are the only two people I know who do.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The flaregun perk doesn't start you with one. If it did I'd agree it would be bad. The Firecrackers perk does, but not many people run it. Myself and @Slasher_Clone are the only two people I know who do.

    I thought it did... not sure why. 
    If they ever implemented firecrackers screwing up Jason's sense like I mentioned in the other post... I would think a bonus for the time he cannot use sense or detect sound pings should go onto the fire cracker perk as well... forgot to mention that one above. This would at least give firecrackers a new purpose without being too over powered... he still has to walk into it for it to kill his sense ability and the sound pings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Myself and @Slasher_Clone are the only two people I know who do.

I don’t run it much anymore had my fun with it, but I might just have to break it out and see if I can annoy some Jason’s. It’s under rated even in it’s current underpowered form. The added range is the good part, for those not in the know it increases the diameter of the circle, it isn’t much but doesn’t need to be to catch Jason off guard and stun him while he thinks he’s safe. 

Don’t particularly care if it can stun again post rage, but having it cover up close noise pings would be cool though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...