Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Do You Ever Change Up Your Early Game Setup As Jason?

Obviously it could be dependent on the level of the lobby or the map or the spawn locations or how many traps you have as Jason.

But for the most part, its very routine that I see.

1. Spawn in shack

2. Morph to phone

3. Trap phone

4. Morph to 4 seater or whatever car is available on Pinehurst/Jarvis

5. Trap that

6. Start attacking, alternatively some might trap the 2 seater

There are some variants in there. I've rarely but definitely have seen players who skip the knives in the shack and go straight for the phone or a power generator. Either in fear of a quick call or trying to put Tommy out of the question early on. Obviously a lot of players trap the shack to start regardless of the what the lobby is level wise. I remember back around the glory launch days, a lot of Jasons started by trapping the cars first and the phone later, but as time went on and people realized the phone escape was pretty meta and because players just didn't care for going for the cars, it became one of the first early game objectives for most Jasons. I rarely see a Jason trap a car first before the phone. Which is why its easier for counselor to know if they are near the phone to start because Jason will just morph there right away.

I've rarely seen players who hold onto their traps early game, but I have seen it. Especially 3 trap Jasons who might just use themselves to hold objectives and then trap along the way. I know for me, I usually play 3 trappers. I usually trap the shack only if the lobby is loaded with Vanessa and demaskers.

Otherwise, its usually this...

1. Spawn in shack

2. Morph to phone

3. Double Trap on small/the old maps, or triple trap the phone on Pinehurst/Jarvis and gamble the lobby won't bother getting the car or boat going as if often the case

4. Morph to 4 seater/whatever is on Jarvis/Pinehurst, use my last trap on either the battery or driver door provided I didn't triple trap the phone

5. Start attacking

Sometimes depending on the map, I'll deviate and go for a power generator first, before going for the phone. On the regular Packanack, I always try to make sure I collect the plethora of knives all along the main house, even if no objective is there. Its stupid to pass up those knives. If im feeling out of the box, sometimes I don't trap the phone but areas around the location like windows or doors as a change up, but its rare.

Does your early game change much? Do you stay the same? Or is it situational?

My strategy is around cutting the power, this is done to mitigate the risk against a kill squad.

This is what I do:

1. Grab knives from the shack 

2. Spawn to power box, I’m trying to stop the Tommy Call from being made. If I’m lucky I trap the power to call tommy.

3. Grab knives near power box, destroy near doors.

4. If I didn’t block the tommy call, spawn to next power box. Or if I did, trap phone. 

5. Trap Phone Box, if not done so.

6. Watch noise locations to see what counselors are doing. If counselors are near a car, check car and trap either door or hood if batter is not in.

7. If counselors are not pushing objectives, I cut the last Powerbox

I play with part 7 or 8, and I tend to avoid killing counselors until stalk or unless they made a mistake where the kill is certain. Also I’m always breaking down doors, this makes it easier for the mid game killing spree so I can stalk/morph/shift grab 

• Like 1

Shack knives 

phone 

car 

rec 

i could careless about the Tommy box. I want him to be called especially if it’s a 150 lobby because I love the challenge and the opportunity to use my stalk shift on sweater girl. I’m pretty sure some of you know how the great feeling of killing tommy or sweater girl to ruin there kill especially when most of the lobby is involved w mics. It takes every bit of me to not act like the fucking asshole  councilors that talk shit because they hit me w a bat and tell me I’m going to die. I give them a nice try good game and I can feel there hatred towards me. It also takes every thing to say good job good game when they succeed, the mother fuckers. 

• Like 1

On Packanack I like to morph to the main house and drop two traps at the base of the back stairs leading to the main road. It usually catches somebody, at some point in the game. Same with the doors to the phone house.
But yeah, for the most part my first 2-3 minutes are spent morphing around the map, collecting knives and trapping objectives. It's almost worse if I start encountering counselors during that period because it distracts me and leaves the objectives unprotected. That's especially true if I run into a group of two or three who are working well together and protecting each other. They can easily draw my attention away from the objectives, and all of a sudden it's 5 minutes in, nothing is trapped, and some Deb is about to fix the car and phone while I'm having trouble with Chad and Vanessa. 

If I make it through the first couple of minutes without running into a counselor, that's fine. If I get my prep work done in peace then the counselors likely haven't done much of anything either. Then I can take a deep breath and the fun begins.

• Like 1

It depends on the lobby and who I'm playing with. 

Couple friends/kill squad lobby.

1. Skip knives and morph to power box immediately.  Some maps you know where the Tommy tower is.  Some maps you see it in the opening cut scene.  Some maps it's a 50/50 guess.  I take out that power box and then trap it if I know it's the power for the radio. 

2. Morph to the power box nearest the fuse box.  Take that power box out.  Set fear and annoyance to counselors.

3. Walk or now shift to the fuse box and double trap it. 

4. Go to the cars.  if I guess 4 door first, I completely ignore the 2 door.  If not, I'll trap the 2 door once and then head to the other car. 

5. Let the killing begin, while picking out the lower skilled players to go first in case the Tommy call is able to be made somehow.

• Like 1

1. Go to tommy power box and trap it, I can usually prevent the call

2. Double trap phone, break all windows and doors

3. Trap in front of the hood of 4 seat car where battery goes. Save 1 trap 

4. Start hunting

Latley I've just been putting one trap on both the phone and the four seater, double trapping everything just feels unfair. I like for there to actually be a chance for the counselors to escape.

19 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

Latley I've just been putting one trap on both the phone and the four seater, double trapping everything just feels unfair. I like for there to actually be a chance for the counselors to escape.

Isn’t fair? Counselors can tank Jason’s traps with medic+thick skin very easily. Jason’s traps can get wiped out very quickly... 

i only switch it up sometimes like if i know the lobby is going for the kill or whatever..

1- grab knives, trap the shack enterance dead center.

2- morph to phone, double trap the box in a strait line. break the back door down. grab more knives/break power boxes if theyre close by.

after that i go murder some people. im going to be checking in on cars anyways & im part 7 alot so i usualy dont have anymore traps. besides, im pretty good at stopping the car. thats how i got better at stopping the car, by allowing it to get going. i dont bother stopping the tommy call either because i want the fight, win or lose. if there is a boat on the map, i check my map constantly to make sure its not moving. thanks boat alert sound..

really the only other routine thing i do is break doors close to objectives & gather knives. oh.. and kill everybody 😉

12 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

i could careless about the Tommy box. I want him to be called especially if it’s a 150 lobby because I love the challenge and the opportunity to use my stalk shift on sweater girl. I’m pretty sure some of you know how the great feeling of killing tommy or sweater girl

hell yes. as jason, the most intense part of the game is fighting it out for the big kill. even more so when they got you by the balls/lady balls with the mask off and youre sneaking around attacking with knives or stalk shift grab the sweater lady after already taking her knife earlier. its the most fun ive had as jason, win or lose. and trust me, you wont have a more glorious victory in the game than when you snap the sweater lady in half with your mask off right in front of the tommy thats been kickin your ass. its worth the risk.

52 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

What are you talking about not fair!?? Fuck them cocky tea bagging mother fuckers HAHA. What’s not fair is the baddest killer in the planet only needs 2-3 hits w a machete and anyone with half a brain to grab a sweater press Y button, then have Tommy hit R2 then A and he’s dead. 

Numbers are main goals, which focus on preparing the map for the mid and late games.

1. Collect knives

2. Trap phone (warn players verbally to piss off.)

3. Break the windows and one or both doors depending on the map and spawn for the phone, I may need to shift to the phone and not the box. 

4. Trap first car, which ever has the easiest primary route off the map.

5. Push objectives away from where they need to be, I’ll chase a battery half a map away and then Shift to a new target. 

If there’s two objectives right beside each other I’ll prep the area and then drive players into it. This is the most common way I’ll vary my early game, I don’t ignore the far objective but I focus on the weakest players or the repair Counselors as they’re probably trying for one of the two. 

Letters are sub goals and can happen after or during any other goal. These are done while waiting for shift or Morph.

A. Limp AFK Counselors.

B. Break radios that are on my route or windows that are part of common escape routes.

C. Watch sound bubbles and try and see a pattern or clue as to their goal. 

D. Check my map. 

E. Respond to Trap alarms. 

F. Collect any convenient knife. 

These aren’t in any particular order.

Great topic, 👍🏻.

Skip the knives in shack, go directly to entrance of the shack and trap dead center as soon as the trap icon appears. Teleport to my best estimate of Tommy power depending on configuration knock it out do a quick check to see if I estimated correct if so trap it.Phone next only usually use 1 trap but place it so if it gets tripped I can get a 2nd one down.Blue car,then Yellow.By then Shift is available and start hunting. Go back to shack if I need 2 knives later.,