5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I say it’s broken because it states longer duration time and it’s false. So I consider it broken

Where does it say that?

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

Where does it say that?

If you go to the strengths section and scroll down to +stalk it’ll say under it longer duration time

10 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If you go to the strengths section and scroll down to +stalk it’ll say under it longer duration time

They also say there's such a thing as stun resistance. But that was disproven a long time ago too...

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

They also say there's such a thing as stun resistance. But that was disproven a long time ago too...

Really? I always believed that to be a real strength. Any time I fight a part 9 vs a part 3 I can almost always tell a huge difference. Stunning part 9 sometimes will always require a 2nd strike. While part 3 I can do 1 hit stuns all day with a pipe till he hits rage. 

I also don’t run sucker punch btw anymore. Useless now unless I’m trying to kill Jason. 

Did you test this? 

52 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

44 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Really? I always believed that to be a real strength. Any time I fight a part 9 vs a part 3 I can almost always tell a huge difference. Stunning part 9 sometimes will always require a 2nd strike. While part 3 I can do 1 hit stuns all day with a pipe till he hits rage. 

I also don’t run sucker punch btw anymore. Useless now unless I’m trying to kill Jason. 

Did you test this? 

I always thought that Stun resistance gave Jason a faster recovery time but I have never actually timed it.. now I am curious....

@Tommy86 and @GeneiJin have always been really good at testing these mechanics maybe they could assist with how they should or do work.

20 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I always thought that Stun resistance gave Jason a faster recovery time but I have never actually timed it.. now I am curious....

@Tommy86 and @GeneiJin have always been really good at testing these mechanics maybe they could assist with how they should or do work.

They already have. Tommy has always said it doesn't work...

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Did you test this? 

Lol trust me it doesn't do anything

13 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

They already have. Tommy has always said it doesn't work...

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol trust me it doesn't do anything

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

when @Alkavian made this thread he showed plus and minus Stalk Jasons had a different recharge rate .....+Stalk recharged every 20 seconds....- Stalk every 40 seconds is this not correct?

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

when @Alkavian made this thread he showed plus and minus Stalk Jasons had a different recharge rate .....+Stalk recharged every 20 seconds....- Stalk every 40 seconds is this not correct?

Recharge rates are correct yes. That's the only difference between plus and minus stalk. Recharge rates for plus anything are 20 seconds. Base recharge rates are 30 seconds. Minus recharge rates are 40 seconds.

Edited by Somethin Cool

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Recharge rates are correct yes. That's the only difference between plus and minus stalk.

That’s what I thought.....

what about Stun resistance?.....I thought it worked similarly where how long you were stunned was shorter if you Had Stun resistance / faster recovery time ? Is that correct.....?

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

That’s what I thought.....

what about Stun resistance?.....I thought it worked similarly where how long you were stunned was shorter if you Had Stun resistance ? Is that correct.....?

Stun resistance was never coded in. It does absolutely nothing. However Tommy86  says each Jason is a bit different but that's because they were coded individually. Just like the counselors. Even some of the counselors stats don't add up like they should. Tiffany and AJs stealth for example. Both are 10 but AJ is the only one that can run full speed with no noise pings.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Stun resistance was never coded in. It does absolutely nothing. However Tommy86  says each Jason is a bit different but that's because they were coded individually. Just like the counselors. Even some of the counselors stats don't add up like they should. Tiffany and AJs stealth for example. Both are 10 but AJ is the only one that can run full speed with no noise pings.

Thanks for the feedback!

I was aware of A.J. and Tiffs sound blips as well, I can’t believe I didn’t know Stun resistance wasn’t doing anything....I always thought Stun resistance gave Jason a shorter Stun time....🤯

well looks like you just gave me a The more you know 🌈️ Kinda post my friend!!

@Somethin Cool in this video it looks like Stun Chance does work But duration doesn’t for Stun resistance .......it is a older video so things maybe have been changed as well now....do you think it is still working this way or have the updates and developers changed it from this.

@DontZzz34 have you seen this video about Stun resistance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I was aware of A.J. and Tiffs sound blips as well, I can’t believe I didn’t know Stun resistance wasn’t doing anything....I always thought Stun resistance gave Jason a shorter Stun time....🤯

@Somethin Cool in this video it looks like Stun Chance does work But duration doesn’t for Stun resistance .......it is a older video so things maybe have been changed as well now....do you think it is still working this way or have the updates and developers changed it from this.

The last hit on the J3 was a light attack. The last 2 hits on the J9 were light attacks. They don't say what perks if any the Deb was running. And even  if it did work like that and they consider that a strength knowing that non stunning hits do more damage towards mask removal than hits that stun, then there's something seriously wrong with them. Especially  J9 with his 85 hitpoints. But no it doesn't actually work. Apparently Tommy86 talked with the devs back in the day and they told him that stun resistance was never coded in.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I just watched it. That video is sort of helpful. But also has flaws. 1 major flaw is... 

1. Doesn’t show what perks the attacking counselor is using. 

Other than that it made it clear stun resistance doesn’t do anything for stun duration time clearly. 

I still do believe that stun resistance only helps with as a strength- less stun chance and as a weakness- counselors have more stun chance. 

This is because of my experience in the game of fighting part 9 & 3 jason. Pretty much all I do is fight Jason all the time and I’ve always had less chance in stuns with J9 and almost always have 1 hit stuns with J3. And I do not run sucker punch so that doesn’t even play a factor. Swift/thick skin/medic. None of my perks mess with stun chance. 

I would happily test this thoroughly to know for certain I’m correct. I will report back with a video for proof if I get around to making it. 

25 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I just watched it. That video is sort of helpful. But also has flaws. 1 major flaw is... 

1. Doesn’t show what perks the attacking counselor is using. 

Other than that it made it clear stun resistance doesn’t do anything for stun duration time clearly. 

I still do believe that stun resistance only helps with as a strength- less stun chance and as a weakness- counselors have more stun chance. 

This is because of my experience in the game of fighting part 9 & 3 jason. Pretty much all I do is fight Jason all the time and I’ve always had less chance in stuns with J9 and almost always have 1 hit stuns with J3. And I do not run sucker punch so that doesn’t even play a factor. Swift/thick skin/medic. None of my perks mess with stun chance. 

I would happily test this thoroughly to know for certain I’m correct. I will report back with a video for proof if I get around to making it. 

If stun resistance was a thing then Jason's that had stun resistance would be harder to drop after the sweater correct? Yet J9 is as easy to kill as any other Jason. By all means knock yourself out with the stun resistance testing, but I'm just saying, it doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

If stun resistance was a thing then Jason's that had stun resistance would be harder to drop after the sweater correct? Yet J9 is as easy to kill as any other Jason. By all means knock yourself out with the stun resistance testing, but I'm just saying, it doesn't work.

But if stun resistance wasn’t a thing why does Part 3 almost always get stunned in 1 hit but part 9 doesn’t always get stunned in 1 hit near as often as J3? 

13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

But if stun resistance wasn’t a thing why does Part 3 almost always get stunned in 1 hit but part 9 doesn’t always get stunned in 1 hit near as often as J3? 

Placebo

Machete hits don't stun often anyway. I believe fire pokers actually stun the least. To fully test you'd have to use a fire poker and hit Jason say 100 times with heavy attacks. Count the stuns out of 100 hits. Then switch to a baseball bat and do another 100 hits and count the stuns again. Then switch Jasons and repeat the tests. Still up for it?

No perks and using the same counselor for all testing of course...

Edited by Somethin Cool

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Placebo

Machete hits don't stun often anyway. I believe fire pokers actually stun the least. To fully test you'd have to use a fire poker and hit Jason say 100 times with heavy attacks. Count the stuns out of 100 hits. Then switch to a baseball bat and do another 100 hits and count the stuns again. Then switch Jasons and repeat the tests. Still up for it?

No perks and using the same counselor for all testing of course...

I pry won’t test it to that extent that’d take forever. I’ll do a general test with low, medium, and high stun chance weapon like firepoker or machete, pipe, and then a bat. Should give me a good idea overall

7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I pry won’t test it to that extent that’d take forever. I’ll do a general test with low, medium, and high stun chance weapon like firepoker or machete, pipe, and then a bat. Should give me a good idea overall

If you can record and post your findings that would be very helpful!

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If you can record and post your findings that would be very helpful!

Kenny no perks using heavy attack with fire poker, machete, and bat against pt 3 Jason. Negative stun resistance listed as a weakness.

Kenny no perks using heavy attack with fire poker, machete and bat against pt 9 Jason. Plus stun resistance listed as a strength.

I chose Kenny for both tests because his stats are 5s across the board.

I did both tests twice with similar results each time. I think it's safe to say that stun resistance does nothing... 

17 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Somethin Cool is right it makes no difference. Part 9 actually got stunned the easiest with a machete. 

It's a good thing when a minus defense/low hp Jason gets stunned though. They can damn near sneeze their masks off anyway. So before you complain just remember what's going to happen if they fix this. You know, since there's nothing wrong with mask hp anyway...

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Stun resistance doesn’t exist. It is technically a fake stat just like “block chance” is a fake stat on minus Def / Less HP (exactly the same) which is simply 85 health vs the base 100. I personally confirmed it with an Illfonic dev a long time ago.

• Thanks 1