Last night I tested stalk very thoroughly..... 

I compared part 8 with part 3 Jason

Both have a total time of 3:21 seconds for duration of stalk time before/after rage holding completely still 

If you move around during stalk with either one stalk duration goes down to only 20 seconds 

+Stalk jasons are supposed to have more stalk duration time and -Stalk Jasons are supposed to have less stalk duration time, yet there's no difference in stalk duration. It says clear as day on strengths/weaknesses what this ability is supposed to give. Yet they somehow screw it up....

How did they get this wrong???? Give +stalk Jasons at least another minute of stalking time totaling to 4:21 seconds to get the +stalk benefit its supposed to give. neutral Jasons could be 3:21 seconds and -Stalk could be 2:21 seconds

I also think Jasons should be able to freely move around without it depleting their stalk meter drastically at least for + stalk Jasons especially. 

The only thing they got right with +stalk and - stalk was cool down time 

+ stalk 20 seconds pre rage and rage 13.6 seconds 

- stalk 40 seconds pre rage and rage 27 seconds

Also give stalk with sense at the beginning of the game!!! Give shift later in match how it originally did at 2 minutes and some seconds or however long it was. 

This will help make the game more scary and make counselors actually fear Jason!!!! Also it might make Jasons more inclined for using the stalk ability more since they will get it with sense at game start. I'm all for making the game more scary! @mattshotcha

With this stalk buff.... maybe spawn a few more flare guns on the map to balance it. Counselors would have to get smart and use flares to locate Jason, not stun him. 

• Like 2

I am all in for getting Stalk before shift it would make for some extremely awesome jump scare kills that should be a trade mark of how Jason should operate in the beginning of the match.

• Like 1

Well its just like the other inconsistencies in Jason's stats.

Some of them are only cooldown bonuses or weaknesses (Morph). Others are much more back breaking or awesome (Shift).

Some offer very little dynamic change (Grip Strength, Stun Resistance,  etc)

I agree with the Stalk breakdown.

Add to that, Shift desperately needs a more modern work. +Shift and regular shift stay the same, but bad shift is only the bad cooldown, but maintains the regular shift speed.

They wouldn't have needed to switch out Grip Strength for Weapon Strength on Part 7 if the stat itself had a more dynamic effect.

+ Grip = Can tank one pocket knife and do incremental grab damage based on both time in Jason's grasp and each time they are grabbed, plus obviously harder to break

Regular = Doesn't tank a knife, but does damage

- Grip = Doesn't tank a knife, doesn't do damage and the time to escape is even quicker than it is now. This would make it an actual credible weakness for Roy, Part 8 and Savini. It might make Part 3 massively OP, combined with weapon strength so something would need to be traded out on each end I feel.

etc etc

I'm not gonna go over all the stats and their inconsistencies, but some others could definitely use some tweaks to make them more worthwhile strengths and even bigger back breaking weaknesses.

49 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am all in for getting Stalk before shift it would make for some extremely awesome jump scare kills that should be a trade mark of how Jason should operate in the beginning of the match.

Yes definitely. As counselor I’d also feel more inclined to lock every door to cabins I walk into in game start. Speed looting could no longer be done. Counselors shouldn’t be able to speed loot through cabins at game start without worry. 

100000% jump scare kills need to be the new thing to come to this game. It needs to be seen more often. It’s too rare..... 🙁 

@tyrant666 I can see some of ur points u make.  Except I don’t think a neutral shift should have as fast of a shift as a plus shift. And a - shift should have a slower shift - than the others. That way it remains a actual weakness. And - shift can actually be more deadly. Some Jason’s can be incredibly accurate with it. 

However, I agree something could be done with grip strength to make it a more useful stat. Your idea to it could be a good change. It’d be interesting to test it out in game

22 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

How did they get this wrong???? Give +stalk Jasons at least another minute of stalking time totaling to 4:21 seconds to get the +stalk benefit its supposed to give. neutral Jasons could be 3:21 seconds and -Stalk could be 2:21 seconds

I also think Jasons should be able to freely move around without it depleting their stalk meter drastically at least for + stalk Jasons especially. 

Stalk is a very powerful ability when used properly... and standing still, it already lasts long enough... It should drain quickly when moving, this keeps it from being too over powered. The amount of time a +stalk Jason can spend in stalk over the course of the match is already much higher than a -stalk Jason already due to the regeneration speed difference. He can use it quite a few more times than the -stalk variants over the course of a match. I think that is enough... there are many players that use stalk effectively as it is and they are hard enough to deal with as a counselor already... Giving +stalk more time in stalk, and giving -stalk less is too much on both sides in my opinion... As I said... +stalk already gets more time in stalk than other variants due to regeneration speed... the fact he has to press a button a few more times to accomplish this is irrelevant.

Freely moving around without stalk draining quicker is WAY too over powered, particularly when talking about a +stalk variant. With the increased regeneration speed of +stalk, and minus the fast depletion when moving around... a +stalk Jason would now be spending much of the match in stalk... with only a few short breaks that he cannot use stalk due to its need to regenerate... and that is way too overpowered.

22 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Also give stalk with sense at the beginning of the game!!! Give shift later in match how it originally did at 2 minutes and some seconds or however long it was. 

I would be all for this.... if stalk was left otherwise unaltered... and the amount of time into a match in which Jason receives shift is left unaltered... But what is a fair trade off for counselors?... Other than Jason being very easy to kill, balance is pretty good right now... this throws what balance we have way over to Jason's side, without making the Jason kill any more difficult. 
   Stalk is too situational without sense... anyone that uses stalk effectively already knows this. While it is possible to use stalk without sense, doing this successfully is a rarity... Which makes the older idea of switching stalk with sense a bonehead maneuver.

But switching stalk with shift... or pushing shift back further... No. Shift takes a bit before you get it, which makes it difficult to catch a counselor early on unless they are in your face. This is a given... pushing back shift too far... well, players adapt... and how I see them adapting to this would make this a massive nerf to Jason.
   Early stalk may slow down the speed looting, but what are good players doing when they are not speed looting?... Working on objectives... If they cannot safely speed loot, objectives get done earlier... and when a car is started up before you have an active shift, you can lose up to four counselors with no hope of stopping the car as you have no active shift. When two are started early, you lose up to six before you even have a chance of stopping them.... Pushing shift back, while pushing stalk forward could be more of a nerf to Jason than you think.... And this will leave you with only one counselor to try and get a jump scare with when it happens... and it will happen. It is rare to see now... but it still happens as the game is now... Push shift back further and you give this a larger window to happen much more often.

I agree the game should be scary, but that is incredibly hard to do... and I do not think this will make it scarier... just easier to escape earlier. No one is scared of Jason early on, a child can stun a skilled Jason player over and over again until rage hits... no one is afraid of a piñata. Fortunately, it is only possible to use him as a piñata now until rage hits... and doing so brings rage on faster... But push shift back further by even a minute... Shift is literally the only thing about Jason that most people fear before rage... and only when they do not have a pocket knife.
    Jason needs to start putting pressure on counselors fairly early in a match... and cannot do that with stalk... but he can with shift... And he sure as shit has literally ZERO chance to stop a car without an active shift.

21 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

As counselor I’d also feel more inclined to lock every door to cabins I walk into in game start.

Even without stalk, Jason can still walk in on you speed looting. Always lock your doors and open windows... This is just good teamwork and helps everyone that Jason is chasing through any area you do this in... it is not just helping you, it is helping your team. In literally every match I play, whether I escape early, or die early... I spectate and watch as the open windows and locked doors (with a beartrap inside) that I set up keeps other counselors alive... and often helps them survive the night. I do this while looting with A.J. in EVERY match and I still find med sprays, keys and pocket knives often enough.
   What really freaks me out is people asking why I open all windows and lock doors and set up bear traps while looting... which are often the same players that I watched stay alive much longer than they would have if I did not do this.
    This shouldn't need to be said, but I will say it here anyway, just to be clear about locking doors... Certain doors should never be locked, like the doors to Packanack lodge for instance... the only windows you can get into the lodge from are around the back. When locking the door leaves no way for a counselor to get inside in a hurry, you are literally helping Jason by locking these doors... and we all hate teamers... Yes, you can unlock them... but not with Jason right behind you. A locked door in this instance is certain death to anyone that needs to get inside quickly.

People tend to not do something unless it helps them right now... People like this are USELESS to a team that works together... they are literally the weakest link. When Jason chases you and no windows were open, stopping to open the window you need to crawl through gets you killed... and crashing through them gets you killed. Sure crashing through them takes a while to wear you down... but in the end, it gets you killed... and players that use perks other than thick skin or medic... they are going to die MUCH faster because their team mates only thought of what would help them, and ONLY them in the here and now.

@Ahab but why should a + stalk Jason have the same duration as a - stalk Jason?? It makes no sense. It clearly says on the + stalk strength that it’s supposed to give more duration time and it doesn’t. That’s the big problem I have with it. Add another minute on to + stalk Jason’s duration time to give that ability the power it claims it does. 

Im not saying to allow a + stalk Jason to be able to freely move around for 4:21 seconds. But allow a lot longer time to freely move around a lot longer than a measly 20 seconds. + stalk should get the benefit to move around freely in stalk for at least 1-2 minutes. 

I’m not saying to push back shift. I said to bring in sense + stalk at the same time. I think that makes perfect sense. And bring in shift at the normal time as usual. 

All of this would bring in more jump scares and would make it more scary. And jump scares are too rare these days. Shift grabs are overrated. The game needs to swing more over to pushing the use of stalk instead. The  counselors will feel more fear in the game. They won’t know if Jason might be waiting for them around the corner, if he’s inside the cabin they’re in, etc, they will always be on their toes with this stalk buff I suggest. 

Theres a huge problem with counselors having 0 fear around Jason. That’s 1 because his presence is always loud and obvious music will come on if he’s around, Jason players always go direct approach, do nothing but use their shift ability the entire chase missing their shift grab 30 times, leaving you as counselor not scared or even second guessing where he is or what’s going on, making you not even close to nervous. Buffing stalk would make counselors feel fear and have some nervousness while playing the game. Which is what they should feel! Sadly everyone in this game is all about shifting at counselors every time shift regenerates. But if the game makes stalk more useful at game start maybe the meta would change. Jason’s might feel more driven to use an ability they get right away. Also counselors don’t fear Jason because they can literally jog around a long table for several minutes. 

The times I’ve been killed by a good stalk kill is rare to none. Maybe it happens 1% of the time playing. But the few times it did happen I had a good scare and I really appreciated that Jason player giving me a more movie like experience. 

Sometimes i speed loot because I can find things, repair, and overall get things done MUCH faster. This means faster escapes and I’ve escaped in the first 3 minutes at game start before because of this. You aren’t going to be able to do that when you go inside every cabin locking doors, trapping them, opening all windows, and then checking drawers, and repeating that every place you go to. It does help other players. But I’d rather move quickly and effectively. Then worry more about locking doors, trapping them, opening windows, etc when Jason has shift. There’s no reason not to effectively move parts and be fast at game start. 1. Jason doesn’t have stalk 2. Jason doesn’t have shift 3. If you hear his music you can lock the door before he can even come in. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

but why should a + stalk Jason have the same duration as a - stalk Jason?? It makes no sense.

With the number of times you can use stalk in a match with a +stalk as compared to a -stalk variant... it is already quite a bit more of the match that you can spend in stalk... Just because of the increased recharge speed... Add more time to +stalk and you add that much time to the number of extra times you can use it as well... making the warning music a rarity. Too overpowered... and too much of a nerf to -stalk variants if the time is shortened.
    It may have been their intention to have stalk last longer with +stalk, which is why it says it lasts longer... But just the number of extra uses over a -stalk variant already does give you the possibility of quite a bit more time in stalk over the course of a match... so it may not last longer with each use... But you still have a lot more time in stalk with a +stalk variant already.

You may not have said push back stalk... But.. this does.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:16 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Getting stalk before shift would mean pushing shift further back... bad idea for reasons I explained in my previous post.

They won’t know if Jason might be waiting for them around the corner, if he’s inside the cabin they’re in, etc, they will always be on their toes with this stalk buff I suggest. 

I am all for making the game scarier where ever possible... but not at the expense of balance. There does need to be a fair amount of time that even a +stalk variant cannot be in stalk... Stalk is very over powered to begin with and needs some limitations... such as those it already has. Tinkering with stalk times could easily throw balance to the wind.

Theres a huge problem with counselors having 0 fear around Jason. That’s 1 because his presence is always loud and obvious music will come on if he’s around, Jason players always go direct approach, do nothing but use their shift ability the entire chase missing their shift grab 30 times, leaving you as counselor not scared or even second guessing where he is or what’s going on, making you not even close to nervous.

No one is afraid of anyone they can easily use as a piñata... Rage does bring a certain amount of fear as many no longer want to fight Jason in rage because they cannot stun him in the same way as before rage. We can see the extra fear that the rage buff caused in many players by all of the players that immediately demanded this buff be removed. Wha… I can't stun Jason now... wha. This does indicate fear in the game... which was intended... and it worked.

Even with the warning music, no player knows where you are until they see Jason. They only know he is somewhere nearby. Is he in the cabin? is he on the other side of the cabin? Is he behind that tree over there? Using sense when out of their view to track their movements can often work as well as using stalk in the first place... until they see you, which also renders stalk useless. The music also indicates that you are in his sense range... but you do not know if he is busy chasing someone else or whatever else he could be doing unless someone else has eyes on him and communicates his position.
    You do not always even need stalk to be sneaky, but it does help a lot.

Jason sometimes needs to use a direct approach, but many players do not seem to know how to use stalk effectively without watching some videos of its use... or falling victim to it enough times to figure it out on their own... Sometimes I forget to use stalk and just charge in... but sometimes my stalk is in cooldown and I cannot wait for it before needing to do something... so I have to charge in. It would be nice if more Jason players used stalk more effectively... I like watching the jump scares in spectate too.
    Most of the players I do use stalk on do not seem to be feeling any kind of fear at all, until I grab them... and the screaming ensues... So just the lack of warning music is not really enough to cause fear in a player. I have still made many players scream just grabbing them from around a corner... or coming through a window without me even using stalk as they did not know where I was... just that I was somewhere close enough for them to hear the music.

Counselors can only play ring around the rosie so long... for many counselors, fear takes over quickly in Jason's presence. The stumbles become more frequent and their stamina regeneration drops off to next to nothing.... And no one does this for long if you have a throwing knife and are good with quick throws... Most of the people I play with fear my throwing knives more than my tactics with stalk... and if they do not... they will quickly learn to fear them.

The times I’ve been killed by a good stalk kill is rare to none.

I have fallen to many good stalk kills... but the best most players get out of me with my open mic is a quick Homer Simpson scream.
    I send friend requests to good Jason players whenever I see them... just for a good challenge. Unless they are assholes that is... assholes never get a friend request from me. Many of my friends stay on counselor preference, but I have a few awesome Jason players in my list. But for the most part, playing against random Jason players we will all find many that do not even seem to know how to use stalk effectively... Hopefully they will learn more before we meet them again in quick play.

Sometimes i speed loot because I can find things, repair, and overall get things done MUCH faster. This means faster escapes and I’ve escaped in the first 3 minutes at game start before because of this. You aren’t going to be able to do that when you go inside every cabin locking doors, trapping them, opening all windows, and then checking drawers, and repeating that every place you go to.

I play with the map perk for many reasons, but I always check it first to see where everyone else is speed looting and do my best to keep my distance from them. All windows get opened and doors barred and bear traps are set in every cabin I enter. The beginning of the match is literally the best time to do this. In most games, I still get to search three cabins... and get all of this done... with A.J. There is NO excuse for any counselor that is faster than her not to do this as well. All doors can be barred, all bear traps can be set and all windows can be opened across the entire map in the first two minutes if everyone did this... which would make every Jason's task way more difficult.
    Never assume you are going to escape quickly, and even if you do... others on your team will not and this WILL help them immensely if they are being chased through your area later in the match. Teamwork... every little bit helps. 
    Each door takes valuable time for Jason to bash down before rage and it is necessary for him to do this to get into the cabin... and you are safe in there until he does. Each bear trap costs Jason valuable time as well as doing damage towards mask removal... and if you keep moving from cabin to cabin, Jason does not have the time to go around smashing all of your open windows. I often run Jason back and forth through the same three cabins for VERY long chases before all the windows are finally smashed and all the doors are gone... and then I slowly make it to another cabin to find no windows open and the door wide open when my stamina is almost gone... This gets me killed and cuts my very long chases short... because someone was literally too lazy to lock a door and open at least one window.
    The clock is not on Jason's side. Every second you cost him gets everyone closer to running out the clock or completing objectives... and running down the timer for the cops arrival. All of those two or three seconds you cost him add up very quickly.

But I’d rather move quickly and effectively. Then worry more about locking doors, trapping them, opening windows, etc when Jason has shift.

You are wasting a lot of time going back to do something in a place you were already at... at a time when it is MUCH more dangerous to do it. Wasting your time like this is not going to get you an early escape... wasting Jason's time will give you and other team mates a far better chance at escape. 
    Too many players speed loot and grab all the pocket knives to use for trolling Jason... Everyone says Vanessa is overpowered because of her speed and stamina... if she is so over powered and Jason cannot catch her... than she has no use for that pocket knife that can help someone get rid of a trap without Jason's knowledge and complete objectives. When everyone is speed looting, you will never get the quick escape of both cars starting at the same time before Jason gets his first shift... I have been involved in enough of these, while still locking doors, setting the bear traps and opening the windows... There is no reason not to do this, and MANY reasons to do this.
   It is just more time effective to do it while you are there the first time... and it is the most helpful thing you can do for other team members that are being chased through the area you do this in... Not doing this hinders other players... and hindering other team members is a bad thing for everyone on the team.

Sorry for the length of the post... lots to say on many points.

@Ahab 

you have good points and I agree Jason needs to put pressure on earlier in the match.......I still want stalk earlier in the match the best thing the developers could do would be give players the option to change the order of which of Jason’s powers unlock....

This would give a huge variety change to the game as Counselors would not know what powers players have at any given time.

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Ahab 

you have good points and I agree Jason needs to put pressure on earlier in the match.......I still want stalk earlier in the match the best thing the developers could do would be give players the option to change the order of which of Jason’s powers unlock....

This would give a huge variety change to the game as Counselors would not know what powers players have at any given time.

Giving the players the option to change the order would definitely be the answer here in my opinion... I would not want this forced on me.

Early stalk and later shift would work fine against a lobby full of randoms… but against a team of co ordinated players... Late shift means early escapes are the new mission goals... and when you have players that know where the parts spawn, and do not stop to speed loot every cabin on the map... Both cars are leaving very early with six counselors. I have not seen this happen in a while now... convincing players to not waste time speed looting is the hardest part of doing this... But give them the extra time it takes for the fourth power to unlock before Jason has the slightest chance to stop just one car... and this will become far more common.
   Six escapes just a few minutes into a match is kind of embarrassing to any Jason player... more so than being killed as Jason early on. Leaving a Jason player that is used to a minimum of six kills (and often gets eight) in your dust only a couple minutes into a match with only one counselor to kill... priceless.

I think stalk should be the one ability that doesn't require a cool down. We should be able to activate and deactivate stalk anytime, it would add a lot more tension to every match if counselors had to be cautious because they will not always know when Jason is around.

@Ahab I can see some of your points you’re trying to make, but I can agree to disagree here. I don’t think this stalk buff I suggest would be too overpowered. Counselors would just need to be more careful about where they go and would have to be more aware of their surroundings. Also when using stalk as jason you have to think in a clever way still to get your kills. It takes plenty of time and patience to get a good stalk kill in. I’m not sure why the devs couldn’t just bring in stalk with sense without having to push back shift. They should be able to just bring in shift at the normal time and bring in stalk sooner. 

With the whole speed looting thing, it has helped me more time then it hasn’t. Higgens Haven small..? Why would you not speed loot. I know exactly where the gas, battery, and keys all  spawn at. If I’m trying to escape quickly I’m not gonna dick around at cabins setting traps and opening windows when I can be using that time to get the car ready and going and fill the car and escape with a full car 3 minutes into the game.

now if I’m going for surviving the night then I find a lot of benefit into opening windows and setting traps, etc. but if I’m trying to escape I go for doing it quickly and efficiently with no time to waste. It’s always worked well for me. To each our own. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, Harry Reams said:

I think stalk should be the one ability that doesn't require a cool down. We should be able to activate and deactivate stalk anytime, it would add a lot more tension to every match if counselors had to be cautious because they will not always know when Jason is around.

Spamming stalk would be too OP. 

I think the standing still stalk duration is fine. I think plus stalk should be used for while walking around. Say 20 seconds for minus stalk, 40 seconds for neutral stalk, and 60 seconds for plus stalk. That would give plus stalk Jason's more time to maneuver into position without becoming busted.

As a side note, you don't see many jump scare kills because most people don't bother with them.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think the standing still stalk duration is fine. I think plus stalk should be used for while walking around. Say 20 seconds for minus stalk, 40 seconds for neutral stalk, and 60 seconds for plus stalk. That would give plus stalk Jason's more time to maneuver into position without becoming busted.

As a side note, you don't see many jump scare kills because most people don't bother with them.

I like the 60 seconds in walking around in stalk duration for + stalk. That’d really help a lot. 

And I really did wish more Jason’s would try for jump scares. Counselors would tend to start moving around camp and proceed with more caution. 

I’d argue that stalk is cool the way it is but it needs a few tweaks. For one, decrease the cool down time by a bit, for an ability we get last, the cool down time should be down by at least 5% for all Jasons. 2nd, for stalk + Jasons, not only should the cool down time decrease but when walking, running, or shifting that should burn less of your stalk time and for Stalk - Jasons that should burn more. Just for balancing. 3rd thing, when using stalk and sense you should be able to see which direction a counselor is looking. Sort of like this 

https://gfo.de.dsncdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/dh12.jpg

In this image you see that the person can see which direction the body guards are looking. It doesn’t have to be exactly like this though. Like if the counselor is looking behind them then there will be like a sort of indicator like a red line or something like that. 

10 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

I’d argue that stalk is cool the way it is but it needs a few tweaks. For one, decrease the cool down time by a bit, for an ability we get last, the cool down time should be down by at least 5% for all Jasons. 2nd, for stalk + Jasons, not only should the cool down time decrease but when walking, running, or shifting that should burn less of your stalk time and for Stalk - Jasons that should burn more. Just for balancing. 3rd thing, when using stalk and sense you should be able to see which direction a counselor is looking. Sort of like this 

https://gfo.de.dsncdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/dh12.jpg

In this image you see that the person can see which direction the body guards are looking. It doesn’t have to be exactly like this though. Like if the counselor is looking behind them then there will be like a sort of indicator like a red line or something like that. 

Stalk is cool the way it is. I love it. I have tons of fun with it. Don’t get me wrong, I do think stalk already works very well and am overall happy with it. But I have a huge issue, it’s WAYYYY too situational. One big problem of that is how it comes into the game so late. It needs to come in at the same time with sense. The fact jump scares are delayed until 4 minutes in or so in a horror game makes no sense to me. Also sometimes it can be too situational because you can’t effectively move around without your stalk meter depleting too drastically. 

The game needs to buff stalk especially because counselors should be more cautious and afraid of Jason then they are right now. Right now I think the majority of the player base can say this is not a scary game. Some think this stalk buff would be too OP. But Jason should be OP and counselors need to start feeling more fear. I think if they buffed stalk as I suggest this would take the game into a whole new direction.... jump scares would be seen and happen more often. As long as jason players care to use it. Which they might start picking up on it more since they would get the ability early game...... and maybe to balance out this stalk buff they could spawn a few more flare guns on the map. Instead of stunning Jason with them, Counselors could use flares to locate a suspected stealthy Jason. I could see the flare gun perk also being used a bit more with worry of not knowing where Jason is. Maybe then the flare gun perk (pyro) would then turn into a more effective perk.

Changing the cool down time to only 5% less wouldn’t make much difference. It’s too little of a change to be anything that significant or game changing. I’d keep the current cool down times as I think they’re fine where they’re at and just adjust the stalk duration times when both moving and holding still. More duration for +stalk and less duration for -stalk. Makes perfect sense to me. It even says under the stalk ability when you look at strengths, that it’s supposed to give longer stalk duration and it doesn’t. When they wrote that, it seems they intended on making the stalk duration longer but failed to pay attention to enough detail to actually implement it. No surprise there..... us players always find their flaws. 

I really wanna start seeing more jump scares like this. Give those counselors a Friday the 13th feel 😁😉

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I can see some of your points you’re trying to make, but I can agree to disagree here. I don’t think this stalk buff I suggest would be too overpowered.

For players that actually use stalk, this would be a huge buff. But for players that do not bother with it or do not know how to use it, it is a non issue... until they play several games in a row against a Jason player that does use stalk effectively.
   This is all just opinions though... from both sides of the discussion. Non of us can see into the future, we can only judge it on how it works now vs how players use it and counter it... with our own opinions on how they would use it and counter it if the values were changed... while considering what we know of how most people play the game as it is now, and as it has been through its many changes.

With the whole speed looting thing, it has helped me more time then it hasn’t. Higgens Haven small..? Why would you not speed loot.

I am still getting three cabins looted in almost every match, even with the other six counselors speed looting and not opening windows and closing doors... and I am using a slow counselor... There is zero reason not to do this and MANY reasons to do it. There is fourteen buildings to loot (eighteen on Pinehurst)... and seven counselors in a full lobby. Two cabins each is what you would think would be the norm on most maps... but it is not.
    Never assume you are going to escape early... Early escapes are a rarity, even for players that know where the parts spawn on every map. You may know all the spawn points, but you are still guessing the spawn points in every game, you do not know it spawned where it did in any match until you find it. This is not only going to help you if you do not escape quickly, but it will help everyone on your team that is being chased through that area. Jason only wins if he clears the lobby... one escape or survive the night is not a victory.
    Doing this is still helping others after you are already dead or have escaped... and there are not many ways you can help your team after you are dead or have escaped. Teamwork leads to victory... and that means helping other players on your team whenever you can. Doing this does not hurt you at all... or I would NEVER be able to loot three cabins, and I loot three in almost every match I play.

It’s always worked well for me.

I doubt this is true... and I would put money on it that your own speed looting and not opening windows has caused your own death in quite a few matches... let alone the deaths of team mates that had to crash through a closed window or were grabbed before they could open it and crawl through. You have also probably died many times due to other players not opening windows and locking doors as well... I see it all the time.
   Crashing through windows is literally how Jason forces you to eat your med sprays and is one of the best ways to wear them down... If all the windows were open, it helps everyone... Jason does not have the time to break every single window as he goes.
   I see this a lot in game as most people do not open all their windows... and chasing a speed looter back towards a cabin they just came out of without opening windows and locking the doors has made for MANY easy kills for my Jason... even before I have an active shift. Although I encourage others to do this... even those I kill because no one did this are too blind to see how it help not only themselves, but EVERYONE else on the team. As a player that enjoys playing Jason, I actually dread the day when everyone does start doing this.

I’m not sure why the devs couldn’t just bring in stalk with sense without having to push back shift. They should be able to just bring in shift at the normal time and bring in stalk sooner. 

This would be a huge buff for Jason though... and counselor players would demand a counselor buff for balance purposes... And they would be right to do so.... While still considering with the game how it is now, the counselors need no buffs for balance purposes.
    In my opinion, the only buff Jason needs now is towards making the Jason kill more difficult... and this one DOES NOT need to be balanced with a counselor buff... It is only countering one of the easiest things to do in the game, that was supposed to be difficult and rare to see.
     I fully agree that Jason should be over powered... I just do not agree that this is the way to go about it.

Even with this buff, I doubt players would start using the flare gun like that. Most players do not even see a point in using a map, which is pretty important to knowing where Jason is when he is marked... The mini map gives you a mark for direction if he too far away to be on your mini map... but no indication of distance. Only the big map gives his actual position is he is far enough away to not be visible within your mini map as opposed to the edge of it.
    Shooting the flare gun in the air works... but most players will only use it for a stun because this is what works best for THEM... no thought to the team, just themselves. I get bitched at EVERY time someone sees me fire the flare gun into the air to see if he is nearby... Even when he is nearby and in stalk.

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I agree, the standing stalk time is fine... not too short and not overly long.
   I also think you have the right idea if the time values were to change... but twenty seconds per tier is still way too much in my opinion. Many failed stalking attempts only failed because it is not a few seconds longer... But too much longer would be bad.
   Also... if the power did not run down quickly when moving, a +Stalk Jason could spend way too much of the match in stalk.
   Stalk is situational... giving +stalk another sixty seconds of stalking time while moving with each use takes it out of situational territory. Particularly when considering the shorter regeneration time of a +stalk variant. It takes more away from counselor play than it should while giving too much to Jason. He should still have to work for his kills.

Jump scares are indeed rare... but they will become even rarer if players get desensitized to it. Too many players do not use stalk because they do not understand how to use it effectively... and they will never learn if they do not try.

19 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I agree, the standing stalk time is fine... not too short and not overly long.
   I also think you have the right idea if the time values were to change... but twenty seconds per tier is still way too much in my opinion. Many failed stalking attempts only failed because it is not a few seconds longer... But too much longer would be bad.
   Also... if the power did not run down quickly when moving, a +Stalk Jason could spend way too much of the match in stalk.
   Stalk is situational... giving +stalk another sixty seconds of stalking time while moving with each use takes it out of situational territory. Particularly when considering the shorter regeneration time of a +stalk variant. It takes more away from counselor play than it should while giving too much to Jason. He should still have to work for his kills.

Jump scares are indeed rare... but they will become even rarer if players get desensitized to it. Too many players do not use stalk because they do not understand how to use it effectively... and they will never learn if they do not try.

I used the 20/40/60 as an example for my idea. The numbers would have to be tested and tweaked if they proved too op.

59 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I used the 20/40/60 as an example for my idea. The numbers would have to be tested and tweaked if they proved too op.

I understand, I was just saying that sixty seconds is a bit much here. Increments of ten seconds would be VERY valuable, but not too much in my opinion... as long as the minimum times are not altered for that poor fellow we call Part III... I am think he is the only -Stalk variant, but I would have to check.
   Stalk is already very over powered in the right hands... I just have concerns about it being used too much in the game with a buff. I am not against a buff for it as long as it takes nothing away, and is not too over powered... This one is a slippery slope, but only where players that actually use it are concerned. It will remain a non issue in matches against a Jason player that does not use it... until they learn to use it.
    I have tried to help quite a few people learn how to use it in game, and some became VERY sneaky with it.

45 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I understand, I was just saying that sixty seconds is a bit much here. Increments of ten seconds would be VERY valuable, but not too much in my opinion... as long as the minimum times are not altered for that poor fellow we call Part III... I am think he is the only -Stalk variant, but I would have to check.
   Stalk is already very over powered in the right hands... I just have concerns about it being used too much in the game with a buff. I am not against a buff for it as long as it takes nothing away, and is not too over powered... This one is a slippery slope, but only where players that actually use it are concerned. It will remain a non issue in matches against a Jason player that does not use it... until they learn to use it.
    I have tried to help quite a few people learn how to use it in game, and some became VERY sneaky with it.

I know. It would need testing to make it didn't get op.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I know. It would need testing to make it didn't get op.

I wouldn't say stalk is "Broken", since it's all variations worked like this always.  More like the game incorrectly advertised it :P.   +stalk should gain something though.  I say keep the duration the same, but reduce (and increase it for -stalk) the amount burned when moving.