I don’t know if this is a glitch or just a connection error, but sometimes I’ll  be playing as a counselor or Jason and I can’t do anything with the buttons except for go to the menu. When I’m Jason it’s especially frustrating because I end up needing to end the game even if I was doing good and that was unneeded. 

I was wondering if anybody has a solution to when that happens, and if it happens to anybody else. Sometimes it tells me that my network connection failed after a few minutes of that. Is  there nothing I can do about that? Usually my connection is normal, doesn’t drop or anything. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, FridayThe31st said:

I don’t know if this is a glitch or just a connection error, but sometimes I’ll  be playing as a counselor or Jason and I can’t do anything with the buttons except for go to the menu. When I’m Jason it’s especially frustrating because I end up needing to end the game even if I was doing good and that was unneeded. 

I was wondering if anybody has a solution to when that happens, and if it happens to anybody else. Sometimes it tells me that my network connection failed after a few minutes of that. Is  there nothing I can do about that? Usually my connection is normal, doesn’t drop or anything. 

Thank you.

Your first paragraph makes it sounds like you are having interaction glitches... For Jason, it is usually fixed if someone hits him with a weapon... for counselors, not so easy as it requires a grab from Jason... and I think a slash works as well.
    BUT... you are also having a connection issue with this? You can go to the main menu, but do nothing else? Can you still move at all as Jason or counselor when this happens?

Just a thought, but was your controller charged properly? It almost sounds like you are getting booted for being AFK... which can happen if you lose power to your controller. Booted for AFK takes 1:30ish I think... which can seem like a few minutes (or less). But then how are you getting to the main menu?
     More details could help here.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Your first paragraph makes it sounds like you are having interaction glitches... For Jason, it is usually fixed if someone hits him with a weapon... for counselors, not so easy as it requires a grab from Jason... and I think a slash works as well.
    BUT... you are also having a connection issue with this? You can go to the main menu, but do nothing else? Can you still move at all as Jason or counselor when this happens?

Just a thought, but was your controller charged properly? It almost sounds like you are getting booted for being AFK... which can happen if you lose power to your controller. Booted for AFK takes 1:30ish I think... which can seem like a few minutes (or less). But then how are you getting to the main menu?
     More details could help here.

Sometimes if I wait it out and don’t immediately  exit the game then it eventually says there was an network connection and I get kicked out and sent back to the lobby. 

It’s not for being AFK because I was moving the entire time. Like for example one time I was getting something from a drawer and I couldn’t take the item. The drawer closed but then I couldn’t open it again. All I could do was walk around and go to the settings and main menu. For Jason I could also still walk but I couldn’t do anything like shift, stalk, morph or anything like that. I couldn’t swing or grab either. 

I think maybe it’s what you mentioned above — that glitch. But I’m not sure where the network error comes into this because I sometimes get that message after this, but sometimes I don’t. 

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, FridayThe31st said:

But I’m not sure where the network error comes into this because I sometimes get that message after this, but sometimes I don’t. 

What you are describing seems like a network error... and sometimes you will still be in the game for a few moments while not being able to interact with anything while your connection drops off... Happened to me a few times.
   When you get sent back to the lobby, do you still have a connection to the servers?.... You can see this if you retain your level in the bottom left corner when in the menu screen. If it says level  zero... you are not connected to the F13 servers... but you can still be connected to the servers of the system you are playing on... Steam for PC, PlayStation network... and so on.

Not sure about how to help here.... The interaction glitch does not cause connection issues that I know of. But connection issues right before you get booted due to loss of connection can seem like an interaction lock.

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 4:36 AM, Ahab said:

What you are describing seems like a network error... and sometimes you will still be in the game for a few moments while not being able to interact with anything while your connection drops off... Happened to me a few times.
   When you get sent back to the lobby, do you still have a connection to the servers?.... You can see this if you retain your level in the bottom left corner when in the menu screen. If it says level  zero... you are not connected to the F13 servers... but you can still be connected to the servers of the system you are playing on... Steam for PC, PlayStation network... and so on.

Not sure about how to help here.... The interaction glitch does not cause connection issues that I know of. But connection issues right before you get booted due to loss of connection can seem like an interaction lock.

Thanks for the help. I never checked to see if I still get a connection to the servers when this happens, but next time it happens (if it does) I’ll see if my level shows up. 

Another thing that happened — last week I was playing and suddenly the whole screen froze. I could still hear the sounds and everything, but my control didn’t work and the screen was just frozen. At the time I was running away from Jason too, while holding the gas to put it into the boat. About thirty seconds later the game unfroze and I was still alive, I just ran into a bush. Jason wasn’t chasing anymore either. So I was able to escape with the boat (all I had left was to put the gas in). I just found it weird that it froze like that. That was the first time that kind of thing happened and it hasn’t happened since. 

So if I come across an interaction glitch where I can’t push certain buttons, should it wear off within time, or does it wear off only when as a counselor you get grabbed or as Jason you get hit? 

Edited by FridayThe31st

57 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Thanks for the help. I never checked to see if I still get a connection to the servers when this happens, but next time it happens (if it does) I’ll see if my level shows up. 

Another thing that happened — last week I was playing and suddenly the whole screen froze. I could still hear the sounds and everything, but my control didn’t work and the screen was just frozen. At the time I was running away from Jason too, while holding the gas to put it into the boat. About thirty seconds later the game unfroze and I was still alive, I just ran into a bush. Jason wasn’t chasing anymore either. So I was able to escape with the boat (all I had left was to put the gas in). I just found it weird that it froze like that. That was the first time that kind of thing happened and it hasn’t happened since. 

So if I come across an interaction glitch where I can’t push certain buttons, should it wear off within time, or does it wear off only when as a counselor you get grabbed or as Jason you get hit? 

Hopefully you do not see that first issue ever again.
   That second glitch you mention is weird. I have never seen that happen. 
    Someone last week was talking about a third party program they were banned for called a lag switcher. From what I read about it when I googled it, it is possible that someone in your match was using something like that... but that sounds like a long time frozen for a lag switcher. I do not know enough about them to say for sure... Hopefully this is not a new bug and remains extremely rare.

For the interaction bugs.... You usually need to be grabbed by Jason or slashed when playing a counselor to fix it. Some Jason players are very understanding and will help you and let you go... others will take the easy kill.
     For Jason, a hit from any counselor's weapon will almost always fix it... and most counselors will be happy to oblige you even if you do not ask for help. Most players are bat happy in this game. You can also try walking into the water as Jason to fix the interaction glitch, but sometimes it is a very long walk.
     I have not had an interaction glitch happen to me in a long time, but I do read posts on these forums about others getting them fairly often.