Sign in to follow this  
DeadlyD

PS4 fan loud as hell, anyone else?

This isnt specifically for Friday the 13th, tbh its not loud on Friday, but for a good chunk of games my PS4 gets insanely loud, to name a few games, Monster Hunter World, God Of War, Dead by Daylight, an more recently Override since it was only $8. I just need to know if I should be freaking out or not bc this does not seem normal.

3 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

This isnt specifically for Friday the 13th, tbh its not loud on Friday, but for a good chunk of games my PS4 gets insanely loud, to name a few games, Monster Hunter World, God Of War, Dead by Daylight, an more recently Override since it was only $8. I just need to know if I should be freaking out or not bc this does not seem normal.

A loud fan usually indicates a problem with the fan... and if the fan fails... you will have real problems.
    Clogged with dust perhaps?... I do not own a console... but can you safely open up a playstation and use compressed air to blow the dust out? This might help you... When that fan goes your processor will overheat and then your playstation is done.
    A can of compressed air is cheaper than taking it in to be cleaned, if you can get the cover off for access to clean it with causing more problems... and always unplug before trying this.

Chances are, if you can do this at home, there is probably an instructional video on youtube on how to clean it.
    Hope this helps.