2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

They might have been running Slugger. Epic Slugger gives you an extra 15% damage.

That does not explain how I lost the mask in three light hits. I have taken a dozen (or so) light hits from Vanessa and not lost my mask... an extra 20% damage does not bring three hits to twelve... It would take 34% to constitute damage enough for one extra hit for any counselor that only made three hits.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

It doesn't take much... and that indefensible hit is really what makes it so easy. Get rid of that and Jason needs no extra HP. Just some experience with the combat system (even as it is now) and some skill.
   I am surprised you were able to get that Jason... sweater girl was right in front of him when she activated the stun... I have seen that screw up quite a few kills as she was literally blocking Tommy's kill prompt... Let alone with him kneeling in front of the bed like that.
   Also... I was demasked by a Vanessa the other night with three light attacks... I hit no bear traps, was not shot with a flare gun or shot gun... not hit with firecrackers... and no one else had attacked me yet. I did grab her after the second strike and took a pocket knife... and lost my mask when coming out of the stun, but it was NOT a heavy attack. She was using a machete, so thrasher was not involved... it only does extra damage with an axe. I found this to be very strange as I have taken way more hits from MANY Vanessa players and not lost my mask before.

If that one surprised you, wait until you see this one:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If that one surprised you, wait until you see this one:

With the other players taking your weapons, I am surprised that went so well... Didn't the furniture in front of Jason used to screw up the kill though? I know you can kill him through a wall now, and have been able to for a long time... but I remember seeing a few kills getting screwed up by furniture in the way of Tommy getting in front of him.
    @thrawn3054 you tagged him already, so I won't bother... I don't think he comes on here much anymore though.

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

With the other players taking your weapons, I am surprised that went so well... Didn't the furniture in front of Jason used to screw up the kill though? I know you can kill him through a wall now, and have been able to for a long time... but I remember seeing a few kills getting screwed up by furniture in the way of Tommy getting in front of him.
    @thrawn3054 you tagged him already, so I won't bother... I don't think he comes on here much anymore 

I don't think too often. I figure next time he does he'll see it and respond if he would like.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

@thrawn3054 you tagged him already, so I won't bother... I don't think he comes on here much anymore though.

That was the biggest disorganized cluster-fuck of a Jason-kill I've ever participated in. Someone grabbed my axe and since I don't use a mic, I couldn't tell her to drop it, and since I doubt Jason would have waited for me to PM her, I was basically hoping she'd realize what was wrong and drop it before it was too late. Rounds like this one remind me why I'm so glad they removed friendly-fire from public matches; When you cram 5 counselors plus Jason in a tiny ass cabin and everybodys trying to attack all at once, you're probably going to hit teammates, and as bad as my luck is, it'd probably be either me or SG

On 8/16/2019 at 11:52 PM, Seraphic King said:

Well here is a link to the clip. I don't have a youtube channel https://xboxclips.com/Seraphic King/f9936f76-493c-4d93-879c-e072224fc613/embed

Damn it only takes 3 swings!!!! I knew he was strong but not that strong. I 99% of the time grab and use 6 or 9 neutral strength so I wouldn’t kno but w strength like that, why not hack em up.

i fuckin love it when you surprise people and they just start swinging aimlessly and praying it’s gonna hit. It’s so hilarious to watch. Regardless nice shift attack. 

2 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

Damn it only takes 3 swings!!!! I knew he was strong but not that strong. I 99% of the time grab and use 6 or 9 neutral strength so I wouldn’t kno but w strength like that, why not hack em up.

i fuckin love it when you surprise people and they just start swinging aimlessly and praying it’s gonna hit. It’s so hilarious to watch. Regardless nice shift attack. 

It depends if the Tommy has the thick skin perk on as well. 

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That was the biggest disorganized cluster-fuck of a Jason-kill I've ever participated in.

Definitely one of the biggest cluster fucks I have seen... in this game at least... It almost seems like a paradox that you were actually able to kill Jason in such a disorganized mess... But it was funny to watch. If team killing was still in effect... there is no way that would have worked out well... except from Jason's perspective.

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

since I doubt Jason would have waited for me to PM her

Many nights when I am playing... I get messages requesting invites. Sometimes I get a lot of messages for invites. Stopping to message them back has gotten me killed a great many times... Jason does not wait for personal messages, and I don't expect him too. I don't get frustrated with that though... that one is always on me.

6 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

Damn it only takes 3 swings!!!! I knew he was strong but not that strong.

+Weapon Strength is one of the best strengths Jason can have and is particularly useful against groups. If the player is using thick skin, they will still take a couple extra hits though. To me, it always seems like everyone I slash is using thick skin. I cannot remember ever slashing a player down with 3 hits from full health using any Jason, but I rarely count the hits. The Tommy in the clip was carrying an axe... so he did not just spawn in and may have taken damage from something else already, such as a jump from a high window or a trap.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, Ahab said:

You can kill Jason through, well, everything now. 

You can kneel Jason at the passenger side of the car, run around to the driver side and kill him through the car.  Seen it done. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

You can kill Jason through, well, everything now. 

You can kneel Jason at the passenger side of the car, run around to the driver side and kill him through the car.  Seen it done. 

Making the Jason kill even easier than it already is kind of counter productive in my opinion... Hopefully that gets dealt with at some point, but there are still higher priorities to deal with at this point I think... Environment kills glitching is a big one, I have not been using them at all lately because of that bug.
   Killing Jason through the car like that is kind of freaky... I have not seen that one yet.

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Making the Jason kill even easier than it already is kind of counter productive in my opinion... Hopefully that gets dealt with at some point, but there are still higher priorities to deal with at this point I think... Environment kills glitching is a big one, I have not been using them at all lately because of that bug.
   Killing Jason through the car like that is kind of freaky... I have not seen that one yet.

I'm gonna guess killing him through the car wouldn't work if the car has been started.

The X prompt will likely end up taking you inside the car instead of killing him. 

I know if Jason is near open/broken windows, the prompt for the window takes priority over the kill. 

13 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I know if Jason is near open/broken windows, the prompt for the window takes priority over the kill. 

At least there it that... but facing a wall (or other obstacle) is kind of a cheap way to avoid getting killed... Not as cheap as taking a swim, but still cheap... when it worked that is.