11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Every now and then, I like to let the lobby escape (usually because I get picked as Jason twice in a row and the first time I killed them all).

I don't like being picked as Jason twice in a row either... others need to get their turn... and I need a smoke at some point. But I usually only give a free pass to counselors if I encounter a cheater... Killed a slide glitcher a few nights back and everyone left got their free pass... but there was only two left at that point anyway. They just got into the car I stopped earlier and left without dicking around.
   Slide glitchers are damned annoying, but they fall to quick throws like everyone else.

We all have our own ways of dealing with asshole players... some work better than others, but I never hold it against those players. I don't really care how they do it... no one wanted the assholes in the game anyway. We all have to deal with enough people like that in real life... we don't need them in our games too. If the asshole calls them cowards... that does not make them cowards, no matter what they do to deal with these types of players.
    The true coward is the asshole hiding behind his keyboard thinking he can treat people like shit hiding behind the internet.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:51 AM, Ahab said:

I don't like being picked as Jason twice in a row either... others need to get their turn... and I need a smoke at some point. But I usually only give a free pass to counselors if I encounter a cheater... Killed a slide glitcher a few nights back and everyone left got their free pass... but there was only two left at that point anyway. They just got into the car I stopped earlier and left without dicking around.
   Slide glitchers are damned annoying, but they fall to quick throws like everyone else.

We all have our own ways of dealing with asshole players... some work better than others, but I never hold it against those players. I don't really care how they do it... no one wanted the assholes in the game anyway. We all have to deal with enough people like that in real life... we don't need them in our games too. If the asshole calls them cowards... that does not make them cowards, no matter what they do to deal with these types of players.
    The true coward is the asshole hiding behind his keyboard thinking he can treat people like shit hiding behind the internet.

I've always found it hilarious that the same counselors that will taunt, dance, and tea-bag you mercilessly will puss out like a bitch and quit either as soon as you grab them, or as soon as the kill attempt gets shot down. Those are the kind of players that I have complete and utter contempt for. They'll do everything imaginable to mock and humiliate Jason, but the moment they start getting their ass kicked, they pull the "bratty little brother" bullshit and leave (though you know full well that if it had been Jason that got butt-hurt and quit, they'd be screaming like they walked in on you trying to eat a live kitten).

• Like 1

I agree with the original post.

The problem is it was obvious from before launch that the devs never thought in a million years that killing him would become one of the top win conditions of the game.

Its not 1 in 75, not close.

Jason shouldn't be scared 3-5 minutes into the game of attacking counselors when he has the timer against him already and now having to play a cautious game against 4+ counselors with no mask and the timer still against him.

The rage change is only a small band aid and not even really the right band aid to fix all the blatant combat discrepancies between Jason and Counselor.

I'd trade out the rage buff for meat shielding, godframes after stun, fast block and more mask hp in a heart beat.

23 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I'd trade out the rage buff for meat shielding, godframes after stun, fast block and more mask hp in a heart beat.

Same. Jason truly needed proper buffs. The rage buff was just a lazy buff imo. They could’ve done a lot better than that. 

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I've always found it hilarious that the same counselors that will taunt, dance, and tea-bag you mercilessly will puss out like a bitch and quit either as soon as you grab them, or as soon as the kill attempt gets shot down. Those are the kind of players that I have complete and utter contempt for. They'll do everything imaginable to mock and humiliate Jason, but the moment they start getting their ass kicked, they pull the "bratty little brother" bullshit and leave (though you know full well that if it had been Jason that got butt-hurt and quit, they'd be screaming like they walked in on you trying to eat a live kitten).

Not every counselor that does these things quits like a coward. I like to mess around when I play as a counselor. I'll still do stuff to help the team, but mostly I'm looking to have fun. Getting in a chase and fight with the big guy is alot of fun. I never talk shit to them. I will hit dance emotes here and there. I also refuse to teabag, as I think it's incredibly disrespectful. The only exception to this is teamers. My point is don't assume that those using the emotes are all assholes.

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

Not every counselor that does these things quits like a coward. I like to mess around when I play as a counselor. I'll still do stuff to help the team, but mostly I'm looking to have fun. Getting in a chase and fight with the big guy is alot of fun. I never talk shit to them. I will hit dance emotes here and there. I also refuse to teabag, as I think it's incredibly disrespectful. The only exception to this is teamers. My point is don't assume that those using the emotes are all assholes.

If you knock Jason down and run over to dance on him until he gets up, you're an asshole (unless it's a teamer Jason, or a Jason who talks loads of shit but can't back any of it up).

1 minute ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If you knock Jason down and run over to dance on him until he gets up, you're an asshole (unless it's a teamer Jason, or a Jason who talks loads of shit but can't back any of it up).

I don’t agree. Using Emotes and dancing on a stunned Jason can be fun. If you’re trash talking and doing it, yes that’s being an asshole. But if you’re doing it out of fun then I don’t consider that person one. Jason players need to learn to just laugh it off. 

I’m one of the nicest and chillest gamers out there and I’ll stun Jason and dance. 

6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Usually I do it when they're looking through the window at me. Typically I reserve dancing over Jason for a player that has annoyed me. I will never understand why people get so worked up over counselors dancing. It's a video game based on a franchise full of ridiculous things.

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

No fear when they have an advantage and utter cowardice when their advantage is taken away... That seems to be the norm in Crystal Lake.
   Mocking and humiliating a player that will be your team member in the very next match is a pretty idiotic thing to do anyway... Those that try this shit get no help from me in the next match, and I may just take aim at them with the car if I have the keys and get it started.
   I have just as much contempt for them as you do... and even if they quit when you grab them... I will see them again, and treat them accordingly... I have a good memory, and am very unforgiving of shit behavior... But dancing without the verbal abuse does not make someone an asshole, just a dancer. Tea bagging is viewed as rude even without the verbal abuse by most players, even the players that are doing it.

Killing Jason is just too easy, they definitely should've made the Tommy call harder, put every shack on an island like the Higgins shack and why the hell would they put an axe in Jason's shack? Let's just give them all the necessary tools to kill Jason at the shack. 

12 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Killing Jason is just too easy, they definitely should've made the Tommy call harder, put every shack on an island like the Higgins shack and why the hell would they put an axe in Jason's shack? Let's just give them all the necessary tools to kill Jason at the shack. 

If they're not going to make the CB cabin visible on Jason's map like the other objectives, I'd have at least liked an audio cue warning Jason that the call has been made.

5 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Killing Jason is too easy... many agree with this. Those that don't are really looking to not have the game being a challenge for them at all.
    Some want the Tommy call to be harder. Suggestions included a fuse for the power box that gives the Tommy house its power, or this power box starting off smashed and needing repairs without the installation of a fuse (but both would leave a large area starting in darkness) and showing Tommy's radio house on Jason's map... I do believe that Matt already told us non of these would happen.

Now a fuse that needs to be installed into the C.B. radio itself... that might be something to consider... As long as it spawns on the opposite side of the map from the C.B. itself. This would make it impossible to get the call off in the first minute of a match... and delay it for a while at least.
    Small maps are too small to put the shack on an island. I don't think any islands are even within the boundaries on small maps... and they are very limiting for the shack locations they do have. Another reason to toss the small maps in the trash. But keeping the shack on an island on all maps would make it a different challenge for the players... and leaving the island a death sentence unless Jason is busy elsewhere at the time.

Why is there an axe in Jason's shack?... That one is simple... Jason really, really, really likes axes. I am surprised he does not have a collection of various weapons in there.

I mean Packanack small has that campsite island, it wouldn't be impossible to do on the small maps but I assume since they can't add content adding an island shack to each map would be considered new content.. 

55 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

It is too easy. It glitching is the biggest concern. 

38 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If they're not going to make the CB cabin visible on Jason's map like the other objectives, I'd have at least liked an audio cue warning Jason that the call has been made.

I still don't understand why they refuse to make it a visible objective. 

39 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Killing Jason is too easy... many agree with this. Those that don't are really looking to not have the game being a challenge for them at all.
    Some want the Tommy call to be harder. Suggestions included a fuse for the power box that gives the Tommy house its power, or this power box starting off smashed and needing repairs without the installation of a fuse (but both would leave a large area starting in darkness) and showing Tommy's radio house on Jason's map... I do believe that Matt already told us non of these would happen.

Now a fuse that needs to be installed into the C.B. radio itself... that might be something to consider... As long as it spawns on the opposite side of the map from the C.B. itself. This would make it impossible to get the call off in the first minute of a match... and delay it for a while at least.
    Small maps are too small to put the shack on an island. I don't think any islands are even within the boundaries on small maps... and they are very limiting for the shack locations they do have. Another reason to toss the small maps in the trash. But keeping the shack on an island on all maps would make it a different challenge for the players... and leaving the island a death sentence unless Jason is busy elsewhere at the time.

Why is there an axe in Jason's shack?... That one is simple... Jason really, really, really likes axes. I am surprised he does not have a collection of various weapons in there.

I suggested before the easiest way to make the Tommy call harder was to start the match with the power out. Alas I doubt that will ever happen.

24 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I mean Packanack small has that campsite island, it wouldn't be impossible to do on the small maps but I assume since they can't add content adding an island shack to each map would be considered new content.. 

I was about to say just that. Unfortunately the rest of the maps don't have any islands big enough. They'd have to redo the maps. Which isn't going to happen.

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I suggested before the easiest way to make the Tommy call harder was to start the match with the power out. Alas I doubt that will ever happen.

With the power to that box being off at the start of the match, not only would the light be out in one area and cause rapid fear for low composure counselors, it would also make it pretty obvious to Jason which box is the correct box.
   But I do not remember anyone suggesting a fuse to be installed in the C.B. radio itself... It solves the issue without starting with one third of the map in darkness... and Jason still does not know for sure which power box is for the Tommy house. I doubt they would do this one either... I would prefer they make the Jason kill harder by removing the ease in which his mask is removed than making it harder to call Tommy... Tommy was never the problem, the ease of Jason losing his mask is the problem.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

With the power to that box being off at the start of the match, not only would the light be out in one area and cause rapid fear for low composure counselors, it would also make it pretty obvious to Jason which box is the correct box.
   But I do not remember anyone suggesting a fuse to be installed in the C.B. radio itself... It solves the issue without starting with one third of the map in darkness... and Jason still does not know for sure which power box is for the Tommy house. I doubt they would do this one either... I would prefer they make the Jason kill harder by removing the ease in which his mask is removed than making it harder to call Tommy... Tommy was never the problem, the ease of Jason losing his mask is the problem.

No. I mean power is out throughout the camp. Every power box would be off, and need repaired. As for it building fear the flashlight would counter that.

I agree that Tommy by himself wasn't the problem. The power outage would have been implemented along with several other changes in my plan.

I get what ur saying but fuck that. I gonna try and kill them mother fuckers. I live for fucking up the attempt to kill me. Especially when they talk shit. Shifting away is cool as long as you you plan to go back. Why not try? You obviously know how to use your stalk/shift/sense. Who cares if you die. Tommy can’t really talk shit because 90% of the time he’s Tommy because you killed already. They can talk shit all they want but they all know they have the advantage in that situation and have to respect the effort. And if I am killed by cool people or trash talkers, I say damn good job y’all and they start realizing there’s no need to act like an asshole and are pretty cool they rest of the time. 

I don’t know how you didn’t try while they were taking the car and just sat in the what you call the bitch room. And that’s what you made Jason look like homie, a bitch. Jason dies in every movie it sucks but damn , there’s no shame in dying especially how easy it is for them to just stay together. C’mon bro, I don’t ever wanna hear you doing this bullshit again. Haha

On 8/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Ahab said:

I don't like being picked as Jason twice in a row either... others need to get their turn... and I need a smoke at some point. 

Well I wanna be Jason all the time but I really wanted to comment on the needing the smoke at some point. I love that you said that because it happens like every 3 matches. And I only go and smoke as a councilor obviously. What do you do? I hide in a closest at the beginning of the match. Haven’t been kill yet doing that. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Until I tried it personally, I never would have believed Buggzy could demask Jason in 2-3 hits, let alone in 1, but you can indeed do it. I used Epic Thrasher, Epic Slugger, and Legendary Sucker Punch. Granted, Tiffany whacked him with a wrench first, but even without her, I'm sure I could have got it off in 1 hit, 2 at the most, and this was the beginning of the round. Even trading Thrasher and Sucker Punch for Hypo and Medic (or Hypo and Thick Skin) I can grab a machete and get the mask off solo in a few seconds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

It would’ve been really cool for Jason to have all of his weapons in his shack. Maybe all hung up on the wall or something. And you can go to the shack at anytime in the match to swap out weapons. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It would’ve been really cool for Jason to have all of his weapons in his shack. Maybe all hung up on the wall or something. And you can go to the shack at anytime in the match to swap out weapons. 

I always thought it would have been pretty neat to give him the ability to draw/sheath his weapon at any time, letting him choose between swinging his axe/machete/etc... and using unarmed melee strikes.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Until I tried it personally, I never would have believed Buggzy could demask Jason in 2-3 hits, let alone in 1, but you can indeed do it. I used Epic Thrasher, Epic Slugger, and Legendary Sucker Punch. Granted, Tiffany whacked him with a wrench first, but even without her, I'm sure I could have got it off in 1 hit, 2 at the most, and this was the beginning of the round. Even trading Thrasher and Sucker Punch for Hypo and Medic (or Hypo and Thick Skin) I can grab a machete and get the mask off solo in a few seconds.

Said it before but if I play as Buggzy, my ultimate wish is to be spawned at or right next door to the fuse box and to have an axe in that cabin.  Run Epic/Legendary Thrasher/Sucker Punch/whatever perk.  I'm taking off Jasons mask in the first 30 seconds of the match in those optimal conditions, every time. 

It's how I've played some matches and had Jason killed in just over 3 minutes.   Which also requires it's own optimal conditions to pull off, like Tommy not spawning in on the complete opposite side of the map.  I think 3:12 is the fastest me and a couple of friends have pulled off the kill. 

None of the above should be allowed to happen in this game either, IMO. 

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

No. I mean power is out throughout the camp. Every power box would be off, and need repaired. As for it building fear the flashlight would counter that.

I agree that Tommy by himself wasn't the problem. The power outage would have been implemented along with several other changes in my plan.

Yes, I remember reading several different versions of this idea... not just from you. They may have gotten jumbled together a bit.

15 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

Well I wanna be Jason all the time but I really wanted to comment on the needing the smoke at some point. I love that you said that because it happens like every 3 matches. And I only go and smoke as a councilor obviously. What do you do? I hide in a closest at the beginning of the match. Haven’t been kill yet doing that. 

Strange that this tag did not show up in my notifications... very strange.
   As far as hiding in the water... I have only ever done it to hunters that were assholes.... Someone who is an asshole deserves nothing but being treated with the same respect they show you... And this literally only happened a couple times... and not for a long time now, but I would not hesitate to do it again to another asshole... My only surprise is that the idiots didn't pop a blood vessel in their brains with the screaming they were doing... and it would have not been any kind of loss to humanity if they did. I doubt I could have annoyed these assholes any more than hiding in the water... so a swim for Jason it was. If someone wants to annoy me... they WILL be annoyed back.

I am trying to cut down on the smoking... but one every three matches or so sounds right for me as well. Although I do now and again jump into a hiding spot right away, I at least make sure there is no parts in that cabin... and if there is I mark them. I can suck a smoke back in about three minutes if I hurry.
   Normally, unless things are just poorly timed... I will wait until I die and Tommy is in the match before going out for a smoke. I only use the hiding spots if the nicotine fit has gotten past a certain point. I do not like leaving the team to fend for itself, even if they are all randoms.
   But the bathroom breaks are another matter entirely... When you gotta go, you gotta go... although I will try to use an outhouse to hide in for a bathroom break.
   Also... I was killed in a hiding spot once when hiding to go out for a smoke... and as far as I am concerned, I deserved that one.

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I didn't have to try it as Bugsy... a friend did it to me... and it was a friend I trust not to be cheating. He explained the perks he was using to me (as you listed above)… and I did equip them on Bugsy... they are still on him too, but I almost never use Bugsy. Eventually though, I did try it with Bugsy and it worked just fine. But it is far more of a challenge to demask Jason with A.J. so I use her to do it.

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

This would have been the best way to implement weapon swapping... In game and the weapon chosen in the shack... and the ability to go back and change it to another weapon in the same match. But then you would have to chose kills for all the weapons on each Jason.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

Said it before but if I play as Buggzy, my ultimate wish is to be spawned at or right next door to the fuse box and to have an axe in that cabin.  Run Epic/Legendary Thrasher/Sucker Punch/whatever perk.  I'm taking off Jasons mask in the first 30 seconds of the match in those optimal conditions, every time. 

It's how I've played some matches and had Jason killed in just over 3 minutes.   Which also requires it's own optimal conditions to pull off, like Tommy not spawning in on the complete opposite side of the map.  I think 3:12 is the fastest me and a couple of friends have pulled off the kill. 

None of the above should be allowed to happen in this game either, IMO. 

A demasking built Bugsy at the fuse house is always a bad thing... and this is just one of MANY reasons that the Jason kill needs to be made more difficult.