Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

I love Jason’s new instant Sense/shift

I don’t care if this was done by accident , this was a good balance change that Jason needed in the beginning of a match he still is overall very weak until he gets rage,  he’s still easy stun  and cart around. I hope it takes them forever to fix this.

• Like 1

I’d rather them bring in sense+stalk at the same time instead. Stalk really needs to come in quicker than how it did originally. It could also last a bit longer to

• Like 1

Personally I'm not a fan of the glitch. I feel like I have too much advantage in the beginning of the round and I try to resist using it until it'd normally be time. Of course, if I meet some asshole players early on I don't mind going to it and getting rid of them.

If you play public lobby's and are a decent Jason the rapid shift is a joke , lobby's are getting cleared in 6 minutes . If i get a window glitches i just save them for last , its a joke .

Being a PC player, I hopefully won't have to experience this wonderful feature.

Though it would've been something that would've really been beneficial to Part 2 and Part 4.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Being a PC player, I hopefully won't have to experience this wonderful feature.

Though it would've been something that would've really been beneficial to Part 2 and Part 4.

Yeah maybe they could rebalance the Jasons by changing the order of abilities' unlock times. Getting Shift first(technically second) with -Shift could be interesting.

Yesterday I played in a room that included a Jason that didn't use the new abilities all that much. Kudos to that person for holding back!

Then a couple matches after that I ran into a new Jason that slashed away. A slashing Jason is bad form when combined with the new abilities.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:41 AM, SteveChristy said:

Personally I'm not a fan of the glitch. I feel like I have too much advantage in the beginning of the round and I try to resist using it until it'd normally be time. Of course, if I meet some asshole players early on I don't mind going to it and getting rid of them.

50/50 on this point.

I don't know about that, I managed to kill 6 Counselors in under 3 minutes on a Small Map as Part 3 this patch. I also managed to Survive the Night vs a Part 5 this patch so yall Jason players wanting the insane shift plus being able to run sound really crazy to me. It kills the fun of the game playing as a Solo Counselor because you can't even begin to attempt objectives without a huge risk of getting tunnelled to death. It also destroys the time balance of the round as Counselors don't have any time to Find Items to defend themselves

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

It also destroys the time balance of the round as Counselors don't have any time to Find Items to defend themselves

YES!!! I’ve had a few rounds where Jason started chasing me from the beginning and didn’t get off of the entire round till the cops showed up and I’m on pinehurst with no map. Didn’t have time to loot and all the drawers I checked were empty. So I have to guess where cops are at. And finally made it out.

• Like 1

I’ll also add that I personally like playing as a counselor against an OP Jason , Jason was Op at launch and with every patch got weaker, he’s still a bitch until her gets rage. People have got used to being able to easily get away and humiliate Jason .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

I’ll also add that I personally like playing as a counselor against an OP Jason , Jason was Op at launch and with every patch got weaker, he’s still a bitch until her gets rage. People have got used to being able to easily get away and humiliate Jason .

Giving Jason an OP shift isn’t really the way to handle it. Allowing Jason to shift at counselors every 6 seconds makes the game a stupid broken ass mess. It doesn’t make the game scary or make Jason intimidating when you constantly get shifted at all game and make Jason miss his shift 30 times. It just makes it annoying and stupid. That does nothing but make Jason players rely on the shift ability to get all their kills. The hell with that. Buff stalk, then Jason will be more scary. And only the Jason players who know how to think outside the box will be intimidating. Not the ones who want to rely on shifting at counselors every 6 seconds

I might be in the minority here, but I feel like the window glitch/animation-cancel and Jason's rapid shift times sorta balance each other out in a way.  Even though I hope the glitches/bugs are fixed soon, I've kinda had fun adapting to a new playstyle for a bit.  I used part 8 for a while with this new patch but have gone back to my trusty part 6.  I do have a lot of fun giving a run around to rapid-shift Jasons with the window glitch though.  Has made for some intense survive-the-night rounds 😂  

5 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Jason was not OP at launch. We all just had no idea what we were doing. The flaws were always there. They were just made worse by the fact people play so much more counselor by default. You will always be better at a role you've spent 7 times as much time on. I will agree that most of the patches did weaken him.

I still think the rage change was a mistake. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see any of the suggestions to help skilled Jason players ever implemented. So I'm sure were stuck with what we were given. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:00 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Jason was not OP at launch. We all just had no idea what we were doing. The flaws were always there. They were just made worse by the fact people play so much more counselor by default. You will always be better at a role you've spent 7 times as much time on. I will agree that most of the patches did weaken him.

I still think the rage change was a mistake. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see any of the suggestions to help skilled Jason players ever implemented. So I'm sure were stuck with what we were given. 

Stacking traps, no prompts for breaking windows(meaning zero safety force field for counselors ) his grab,  are to name a few..... um yea he was  OP .... either you didn’t play at launch or you have a bad memory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Stacking traps, no prompts for breaking windows(meaning zero safety force field for counselors ) his grab,  are to name a few..... um yea he was  OP .... either you didn’t play at launch or you have a bad memory.

Some of those were changes that definitely didn’t need changing ( breaking windows was so much smoother at launch.....I hate the prompt and protection bubble.)

The only change I agree with was stacking traps that was a good change.

12 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I started playing 5 days after launch. I remember all these things just fine. They didn't make him op. I do agree the changes weakened him.

@OCT 31 1978 I think being able to set them right on top of each other needed changed. Not being able to place on an already triggered trap was a mistake. 

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I started playing 5 days after launch. I remember all these things just fine. They didn't make him op. I do agree the changes weakened him.

@OCT 31 1978 I think being able to set them right on top of each other needed changed. Not being able to place on an already triggered trap was a mistake. 

Agreed! If a trap is sprung Jason should be able to put a new one in its place.