Hi everyone. Today I came across and idea that I know maybe wouldn't be allowed, but I was thinking if we are running out of funds, and unable to pay staff, why not open source the Steam version so that other people can fix possible common issues there, then maybe the dems can fix the issues on console? I feel this would be a good way to work since bugs could get fixed way faster and if you did run out of dev's, you would have everyone here helping. I dont know much C++ or C#, but I'm trying to learn, or if you dont wanna do that, get more funding promising bugs in the game will be fixed within a deadline, as many here are impatient and I can understand why. I haven't heard anything about the Steam version, hence the reason I now see us as the guinea pigs. Thoughts?

Never volunteer to be a guinea pig... I once did a renovation in an animal testing facility... it was not pretty. I could tell stories, but when I am done, you would not be able to "unhear" them.

Problem with this idea... One person that is not qualified could do far more damage to it... And there are actually people that would like to see this game dead and buried... You would not want one of them helping either... or it would very quickly be dead and buried.
   Crowd testing, as many have volunteered to do for free already... might help, but that is their decision... and I doubt they will go with it.
   For a job that it can take you years to learn how to do effectively... I doubt you will find many people that will do it for free... and if they are unionized... well, then this isn't going to happen, ever.
    Any company is only going to put so much money into any problem... when it becomes unprofitable... then you would just be losing money... and just throwing money at any given problem does not mean you will solve that problem... Sometimes it does not matter how much money you throw into it.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Never volunteer to be a guinea pig... I once did a renovation in an animal testing facility... it was not pretty. I could tell stories, but when I am done, you would not be able to "unhear" them.

Problem with this idea... One person that is not qualified could do far more damage to it... And there are actually people that would like to see this game dead and buried... You would not want one of them helping either... or it would very quickly be dead and buried.
   Crowd testing, as many have volunteered to do for free already... might help, but that is their decision... and I doubt they will go with it.
   For a job that it can take you years to learn how to do effectively... I doubt you will find many people that will do it for free... and if they are unionized... well, then this isn't going to happen, ever.
    Any company is only going to put so much money into any problem... when it becomes unprofitable... then you would just be losing money... and just throwing money at any given problem does not mean you will solve that problem... Sometimes it does not matter how much money you throw into it.

Yeah, but they wouldnt be able to directly commit, so even if they wanted to ruin the game, they'd have to do a Pull Request, if it was on Github. Unless they sold the game to some other game company like Epic Games, I dont think they're going to get far either.

6 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Hi everyone. Today I came across and idea that I know maybe wouldn't be allowed, but I was thinking if we are running out of funds, and unable to pay staff, why not open source the Steam version so that other people can fix possible common issues there, then maybe the dems can fix the issues on console? I feel this would be a good way to work since bugs could get fixed way faster and if you did run out of dev's, you would have everyone here helping. I dont know much C++ or C#, but I'm trying to learn, or if you dont wanna do that, get more funding promising bugs in the game will be fixed within a deadline, as many here are impatient and I can understand why. I haven't heard anything about the Steam version, hence the reason I now see us as the guinea pigs. Thoughts?

At this point, I'd rather just get a brand new game made from scratch, sometime after the lawsuit is resolved. I'd rather wait for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

At this point, I'd rather just get a brand new game made from scratch, sometime after the lawsuit is resolved. I'd rather wait for that.

I would too, but that might bring the same bugs unless they used Unity which would honestly be more "realistic" because of their landscaping, with Unreal Engine, excuse me, but it's real buggy and unrealistic if you wanna say that. Not that I hate the game, I tried using Unreal Engine and it's the most complicated thing I've ever seen, I learned to play FT13th in 5 minutes, and Unreal Engine, threw me across my own state. However, making a new game from scratch, and reposting it would cost more money? I'd rather not pay another $40 for a game that I've been with since the end of 2017 unless they kept the same package name, I'm not sure if changing engines would force them to upload a new one, but that would suck. If one day, magically someone creates the game themselves for Steam, gives it to them (unlikely as it would be free - non-profit) then they could have bugs fixed, all they'd have to do would have to do is the server stuff. I don't think it would cost most. At this point, I'm hoping they ask for more funds with a better goal then $823,704, I know they had goals which weren't achieved due to the lack of funds because of this lawsuit, but if they asked to be forgiven for a mistake which wasn't theirs, maybe it would work.

Although I don't see this as a likely, their site hasn't been updated in I don't know how many weeks. They have challenges which say they'd be next week, never happened. I feel like, not to give everyones hopes up, they're going to be done by mid to end 2020. I'm hoping not, but that could be the case, if they don't pick themselves up and stop slacking. All because you can't add content, doesn't mean you stop. We were promised the things that backers payed money for, and I'm sure they're made, not speaking for all. I love that they've fixed most of the annoying bugs so far, but something needs to be done, and FAST! Not just publishing new platforms of the game, that probably makes less money, than what is spent on manufacturing copies to sell. They're lacking DLC, and if both would just talk it out instead of ignoring one another, they could both work with Horror. I guess that's NEVER gonna be the case, until itself is solved. I mean, what's left of this...

bd9648640fe54396307d3c094bbaf409_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1444759448&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=151cfd836aa5219727674f083fa6a54a

Now I was too late for the Kickstarter which can be found here, but man do I wish I could be one who donated, unfortunately I only learned about the game from a family member in late 2017. That's when I knew, I had an addiction. Everytime, I wake up, to hope there's good news about the game, but sadly nothing, not a word from the press, NOTHING. If I knew how to build a game like that myself, I would love to, then I would donate it to them, even if it was for free. As a matter of the fact, who knows C++ and C# here? No reason, just asking.

EDIT:

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the only reason they can't do real QA testing and is giving it to us with bugs, is because they lack the funds to do that, so this is their only way. I kinda feel bad.

Good things coming for everyone!

I don't know which one we're at right now since this was only the 2018 Halloween pumpkin.

@Nathan5226, I'd like to think other companies could make just as good a game as this one, with different perspective approaches taken.

I think a company could use Unreal or Unity, and make a spectacular product, providing they have the experience and expertise in either engine.

I don't have the programming experience, but if I did, I'd take my notebook of 30 or so slasher game ideas, and start tinkering around and see what I could come up with.

As far as QA, I'm sure the majority of us would like to know more extensive testing is being done before a patch is released. Either way, reporting any and all bugs we come across is still somewhat helpful, and better than nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I don't have the programming experience, but if I did, I'd take my notebook of 30 or so slasher game ideas, and start tinkering around and see what I could come up with.

🤣 LOL, how do you come up with ideas, because my mind is shot all day long

21 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Unless they sold the game to some other game company like Epic Games,

The rights were given to Gun... they cannot sell this game to someone else that has no rights to it... this would require the rights holders to transfer rights... and right now, that is not happening as the rights are in dispute. Rights cannot be transferred or sold when they are in dispute... there are MANY reasons for this.

As far as the road map went... we never saw single player challenges demo, they went straight into single player challenges and we got all ten of them with the engine upgrade. We did not get a new map after Pinehurst... Grendel would have been the last new map on the road map and Uber the last Jason. Roy was the last Jason we got, even though he is technically not a "Jason", he is still the killer in a Friday the 13th movie. The last "new clothing" we never got either... and the new game mode was "Paranoia", which was never released... and I think that is it... we got everything else on there... and the last of them we did not get due to the end of content caused by the lawsuit... Paranoia was another story, it was put on the back burner long before that... and we will never know if they planned to continue work on it before they had to stop working on new content.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

🤣 LOL, how do you come up with ideas, because my mind is shot all day long

I guess you could call me a visionary. I've got tons of ideas I've come up with for a lot of things over the years. I write them down whenever inspiration hits me. One of these days, I'll get some of those ideas out there in some form. I just need to find the right like-minded people.

• Like 1