Sign in to follow this  
Armani?

Counselors that could have been in the game without the lawsuit

Mark

On the Dev's kickstarter goals, a rough draft was implemented in the game(Buggzy) in single player mode, but not as a counselor in multiplayer mode. With additional testing, this could have possibly eventually happened. In order to jump out windows and get in vehicles, his wheelchair would likely disappear and respawn. There are some things that would take lots of thinking. 

Stamina - 10

Stealth - 8

Composure - 6

Strength - 4

Repair - 4

Speed - 2

Luck - 1

friday-2.gif

Reggie "Reckless" Winter

One of the biggest character campaigns on the forum and social media, just behind mean girl trope. Officially approved by the Devs, although occured too late to go into actual production because of the lawsuit. Reggie would have likely appeared to be a bit older than the canon appearance for rating reasons(kills are too gruesome) and mechanics(he cant be shorter than the other counselors.) Voice would have probably been different but very similar. 

Composure - 8

Speed - 7

Luck - 7

Stamina - 5

Repair - 3

Stealth - 3

Strength - 2

gGggIFo.gif

K.M. 

No one wanted to see Tommy Jarvis on the Grendel map. This may or may not have happened, but it's possible that another superhero could have been eventually just on the Grendel map for obvious reasons.

Composure - 10

Speed - 10

Luck - 10

Stamina - 10

Repair - 10

Stealth - 10

Strength - 10

latest?cb=20130714025146

There were no obvious future female counselors aside from K.M, but a possible contender could have been a Hitchhiker trope inspiration from Part 2 based on this poll

Crazy Ralph was confirmed by Hobbs to never be a counselor. Also Tina was confirmed to possibly not come because it would be too hard to implement her "powers" and could break the game.

At this point, all of these things are basically confirmed to never came, but I thought it would be cool to overview the obvious contenders. @mattshotcha

• Like 1

I don't think Mark or Reggie would have ever happened.

A guy in a wheelchair would have had to change numerous coding structures of the game.  How does he get into Higgins Haven for example there is stairs.   How does he get in the car?  The boat?  Windows? 

And then a kid running around?  In a game where he'd likely be killed repeatedly?  That's not a good look for anyone. 

31 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I don't think Mark or Reggie would have ever happened.

A guy in a wheelchair would have had to change numerous coding structures of the game.  How does he get into Higgins Haven for example there is stairs.   How does he get in the car?  The boat?  Windows? 

And then a kid running around?  In a game where he'd likely be killed repeatedly?  That's not a good look for anyone. 

r2MCqt1.jpg

Reggie would have likely not been entirely canon in age.   There are endless possibilities they could do in character development. He just needed to look past puberty. He didnt need to look old or anything. We still want him to be recognizable.

But the Devs told Shavar Ross yes. Sure things could change, but if the lawsuit didnt exist, they would have definitely attempted.

Mark would have been harder to implement than Reggie. But it's still possible they would could come up with something, he was on the kickstarter. The wheelchair would likely disappear and respawn for things like jumping out window and getting in car or boat. 

Other counselors that could’ve been included 

Megan Garris 

Composure 7

Luck 10

Repair 2

Speed 5

Stamina 7

Stealth 1 

Strength 3 

Trish Jarvis- 

Composure 4

Luck 9

Repair 1 

Speed 7

Stamina 10

Stealth 1 

Strength 3 

Julius we’ve already talked about him

the list could go on much longer. Wish we could’ve seen more!

This could be a fun thread. Hope it has legs and the community weighs in.

I'd have loved to see the Hitchhiker, but only if she had banana on her face permanently.

Also, Ali from Part 3.

• Haha 2

I think it would've been awesome if a 'Hero Selection' screen appeared when you're chosen to come back in the game. Pick from Tommy, Ginny, Tina, Alice, etc, all 'Final Girl/Guys'. Each would have their own unique kit.

Also, this guy:
 artworks-000505202997-modhoi-t500x500.jp

23 hours ago, Armani? said:

Crazy Ralph was confirmed by Hobbs to never be a counselor. Also Tina was confirmed to possibly not come because it would be too hard to implement her "powers" and could break the game.

Um, yeah about that.... I gave them a fix and method for Psychics in game. So I think he spoke a bit to soon.

23 hours ago, Armani? said:

Mark

I really wanted him in game, or the ability to put any Counselor in the wheel chair. 

There are leaked KM voice lines.

She was absolutely going to be on Grendel as the hero and the leaked shotgun attack on Jason might've been the new death method. Some kind of pulse blast im guessing.

Also there was some kind of struggle animation between Jason and Chad in the leaked files that most definitely was going to be something brand new.

In terms of new counselors. Not really sure.

Maybe an old man doppleganger type. I can say one thing though.

After adding four counselors with basically no real speed. There would've been pressure on them to add a counselor with good speed, especially if nothing changed about counselor play.

If that fanny pack idea was supposed to happen. I could see them taking some serious heat for it unless it took up a slot itself, because otherwise allowing counselors to carry 8 health sprays and 4 pks would've absolutely gotten them killed.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:30 PM, SirMang said:

Take your outrage elsewhere, it’s a video game. Go look up Lakeview Cabin Collection or if you want an AAA title look at Bioshock, not only do you kill children, you’re told at the start it’s a torturous death filled with suffering. 

On 8/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, Armani? said:

Mark would have been harder to implement than Reggie. But it's still possible they would could come up with something, he was on the kickstarter. The wheelchair would likely disappear and respawn for things like jumping out window and getting in car or boat. 

I don’t think despawning would have been a thing, I think the point of Mark being playable is that he would give the other Counselors a bonus objective to achieve. I’m sure it would have been hard but not impossible for a team or even a single individual to get him out. 

On 8/5/2019 at 5:51 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Megan Garris 

I always liked Megan and there’s a perk just waiting to be on her permanently, lol. One request as fan service I would want is an animation if Tommy’s sitting in the passenger seat, I’m sure you can guess what. 

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I'd have loved to see the Hitchhiker, but only if she had banana on her face permanently.

I surprised her sign didn’t make it in somewhere, or if it did I missed it. It totally should have been a weapon.

58 minutes ago, rizistr said:

Pick from Tommy, Ginny, Tina, Alice, etc, all 'Final Girl/Guys'. Each would have their own unique kit.

That would have been nice, I certain degree of specialization would have made it interesting. 

46 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

There are leaked KM voice lines. 😥

She was absolutely going to be on Grendel as the hero and the leaked shotgun attack on Jason might've been the new death method. Some kind of pulse blast im guessing. That makes quite a bit of sense, damn lawsuit.

Also there was some kind of struggle animation between Jason and Chad in the leaked files that most definitely was going to be something brand new. 

After adding four counselors with basically no real speed. There would've been pressure on them to add a counselor with good speed, especially if nothing changed about counselor play. I could go for that, a another speedy guy might have been good. 

If that fanny pack idea was supposed to happen. I could see them taking some serious heat for it unless it took up a slot itself, because otherwise allowing counselors to carry 8 health sprays and 4 pks would've absolutely gotten them killed.

I think the fanny pack idea was borrowed from here, I think the only way it works is for there to be more types of item which is what the thread it was in, was about. 

Sorry all apparently I had more to say.  

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Take your outrage elsewhere, it’s a video game. Go look up Lakeview Cabin Collection or if you want an AAA title look at Bioshock, not only do you kill children, you’re told at the start it’s a torturous death filled with suffering. 

The problem with this game is, killing a "child" could push it past the rating.

But if they somehow was able to keep Reggie's appearance 100% canon, although having him the same height of the other counselors, that would be cool. I wonder what voice actor would get to do his screams when running away💀

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

There are leaked KM voice lines.

After adding four counselors with basically no real speed. There would've been pressure on them to add a counselor with good speed, especially if nothing changed about counselor play.

Are these leaked voice lines still on Youtube?

Well Reggie was pitched to have good speed, good composure and good luck based on his character and actions in the movie, so he would have been the next "speed" counselor. 

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This could be a fun thread. Hope it has legs and the community weighs in.

Also, Ali from Part 3.

I would love to see someone come up with a unique skill set combination, because I cant really think of one. I suppose she'd have decent repair and decent composure, but we already have Fox. And the Devs arent going to put a counselor with good stamina/speed and repair.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don’t think despawning would have been a thing, I think the point of Mark being playable is that he would give the other Counselors a bonus objective to achieve. I’m sure it would have been hard but not impossible for a team or even a single individual to get him out. 

Interesting theory. A bonus objective of helping a wheelchair counselor escape. Could possibly work.

11 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The problem with this game is, killing a "child" could push it past the rating.

But if they somehow was able to keep Reggie's appearance 100% canon, although having him the same height of the other counselors, that would be cool. I wonder what voice actor would get to do his screams when running away💀

Are these leaked voice lines still on Youtube?

Well Reggie was pitched to have good speed, good composure and good luck based on his character and actions in the movie, so he would have been the next "speed" counselor. 

I would love to see someone come up with a unique skill set combination, because I cant really think of one. I suppose she'd have decent repair and decent composure, but we already have Fox. And the Devs arent going to put a counselor with good stamina/speed and repair.

Interesting theory. A bonus objective of helping a wheelchair counselor escape. Could possibly work.

They are, just search km voice lines and the game.

JIMBO from part 4. includes that song he dances to added on the radio. by far, one of the best characters from one of the best films in the series. cough up that extra crispin glover money for voice & likeness rights while youre at it!

luck-9 (hooks up with the twin)

composure- 4 ( unsure about skinny dipping with the ladies)

stamina- 5 (looks to be fit & trim)

speed- 7 (looks to be fit & trim)

repair- 6 (toothpick donut artist)

stealth-  2 (no way he goes unnoticed)

strength- 2 ( he's kind of a pussy)

run that thru your computer teddy bear.

Just give me Trish and I'm happy.  She's my favorite female character of the series and who wouldn't want a brother/sister Jason killing team?

• Like 1

Since we're dreaming, I think it could've added an interesting gameplay element to have an alternate "hunter" character that was less built up than Tommy Jarvis. I'm thinking the trope of the less than effective middle-aged country cops that pop up throughout the series. Maybe give them a six-shooter, instead of a one-shot rifle, but otherwise their starts could be akin to La Chappa.

MV5BZDJlOTEyZmYtMzVlMS00MjQ5LWFhZTgtODMz

600px-F13pt2_112.jpg

latest?cb=20160319170633jason-lives-friday-the-13th-part-vi-lg.j

Having Tina with her powers would explain all the crazy car physics and bugs.

Car flys to the other side of the map and out where Jason can't kill you. No problem. It was Tina's fault. Not a bug. 😂

Mark would be fun to try to avoid Jason in a wheelchair for 20 minutes. Give him a wheel chair that was ''upgraded'' by Gary Busey. Silver bullet.

Wouldn't mind being able to run around telling players ''You are all doomed! This place has a death curse'' as crazy Ralph.

Guess if they ever added a prop hunt mode I would choose to play as Ralph's bicycle or Mark's wheelchair. Come find me JaSOON.

Being we cannot have new counselors in the game... and I will never see Ralph ride down the road on his bike shouting... "You're doomed!"... I took it upon myself to do the next best thing... and recorded a bunch of one liners from many characters in the movies and use them on my sound board.
   I may not be able to see Ralph ride by and preach his gospel at us... but I can use his voice to tell everyone else... "You're all doomed!"... in every way he said it in the first two movies.
   When someone says hello in a lobby, I answer with Steve Christy saying.... "Oh hi... What are you doin out in this mess.?"... famous last words.
   When I play Tommy, I use many lines taken from Part VI, Never Hike Alone... and both Return of the Living Dead movies... If anyone else has a suggestion about where to find more one liners from Tom Mathews... I am all ears.
   @NthnButAGoodTime I also use one liners from Officer Dorf... and Sheriff Garris… and his deputy (whose name I cannot remember at this time)… Officer Dorf always gets a laugh, even though he has a very limited selection of lines. Garris's deputy has one great line... "Happy Friday the 13th"... The sheriff from Part II has very limited lines, and I have not yet bothered with his... but I was thinking of grabbing "What kind of a place is this?"... It may have its uses... and I know exactly where to find it in the movie.
   @mattshotcha If the hitchhiker actually had speaking lines, I would use them too... But I do use some of Ali's lines... Ali was a great character and I would have loved to see him in the game running or fighting Jason alongside Fox... it never hurts to dream.
    I try to keep the brutal murder in this game somewhat lighthearted... it is just a game after all... and we play games to have fun. I try not to overuse it or interrupt people with it, and I keep them all short... But I do get a lot of laughs with it. I have also run into a few people that think I just do really good impressions.

I would have liked to see many characters from the movies make it into the game... even though we were only ever going to have so many in the first place. A few more would have been nice.
    Even though he was never actually on the list of choices... Ralph would have been my first choice for who I would have liked to see... Ralph rocks. Alice and Trish Jarvis are still fighting for my second choice... may the best woman win. Debbie from Part III... Megan Garris... Alan Hawes... Jeff and Sandra would have all been awesome as well... Just to name a few.
    @Armani? KM 14 would have been great if we had ever gotten the Grendel map... Also... I think if Reggie had made it into the game, he would have been all grown up... which would not have bothered me at all.
    @Slasher_Clone I for one, liked your ideas to incorporate Tina's powers into the game with existing assets... Even though some of it did seem pretty over powered... tweaks could have been made... Some of your suggestions may have just "seemed" overpowered, but may not have been as O.P. as they seemed... It is unfortunate that we will never know how much fun that would have been.

2 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Having Tina with her powers would explain all the crazy car physics and bugs.

But then everyone would accuse poor Tina of teaming with Jason... and then she would turn on them with all of her telekinetic fury... and drop the glitched car on their heads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Armani? KM 14 would have been great if we had ever gotten the Grendel map... Also... I think if Reggie had made it into the game, he would have been all grown up... which would not have bothered me at all.

I could see them presenting/marketing him as older but keeping his appearance more or less the same.

• Like 1