Since the rage buff happened, the suicides have been increasing. Is it getting out of control because every match I'm in, I see one, two, or the whole map suicide to deny Jason the kill. I've also had people suicide on me as Jason.

Not to burst your bubble but I highly doubt anything can be done about this, it's built into the game.

The counselor suicide thing has actually gone down in my anecdotal experience since they changed that people who suicide can't come back as Tommy. 

2 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Not to burst your bubble but I highly doubt anything can be done about this, it's built into the game.

@TimDuke 01 nah you're fine. I didn't know it was in the game until late 2018. I'm like do people really do this to piss Jason's off?

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

The counselor suicide thing has actually gone down in my anecdotal experience since they changed that people who suicide can't come back as Tommy. 

@SirMang I know some people were doing it because of that and to prevent the less experienced players from becoming Tommy.

Just now, GamingNerd93 said:

@TimDuke 01 nah you're fine. I didn't know it was in the game until late 2018. I'm like do people really do this to piss Jason's off?

Some players do this to get a reaction from the Jason player. Most people tend to ignore it.

If you see an entire lobby do this, just switch. Not everyone plays the suicide game.

• Like 1

I’ve learned to not let it bother me if people suicide..... they died, they lost, Jason wins. Would Jason care in the movies if someone suicided in front of him? I doubt it. 

That's what happens when you can't defend yourself anymore with melee attacks. Especially if you get into a public match with inexperienced players who don't repair anything and then Jason gets rage and you can't repair anything because he is tunnelling you.  I'd rather kill myself than give the player a cheap kill because I can't defend myself and couldn't escape because the others couldn't help repairing objectives.

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

That's what happens when you can't defend yourself anymore with melee attacks. Especially if you get into a public match with inexperienced players who don't repair anything and then Jason gets rage and you can't repair anything because he is tunnelling you.  I'd rather kill myself than give the player a cheap kill because I can't defend myself and couldn't escape because the others couldn't help repairing objectives.

If you can’t survive the night against a raged Jason you weren’t good at this game in the start

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

If you can’t survive the night against a raged Jason you weren’t good at this game in the start

@DontZzz34 I've done this lots of times against a raged jason.

28 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I was directing it towards @Thunder

btw @GamingNerd93 for them to address the suicide issue... they could give -xp for suiciding.

And what does that do to someone who is already 150?

Hell, go back far enough and you used to get negative XP if you betrayed people.  I had a round with like -3000 XP once LOL  Giving negative XP for someone running people over with a car never deterred them from running people over with the car. 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Hell, go back far enough and you used to get negative XP if you betrayed people.  I had a round with like -3000 XP once LOL  Giving negative XP for someone running people over with a car never deterred them from running people over with the car. 

I guess it wouldn’t do much for the 150 level players. Maybe a better approach would either be for -xp to count towards back tracking their level. That way if someone runs everyone down with the car every game or suicides frequently their level will eventually suffer the consequences 

36 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It is definitely not a deterrent to anyone who is high level... But giving Jason credit for the kill might. They would not have suicided if the angry goalie was not trying to kill everyone... Jason should get credit for people run over by the car too... its not like these players would have been run over if the angry goalie was not trying to kill everyone... either way, Jason is still the root cause of their deaths. That would at least deter people trying to deny Jason the kill at least.
   Some suicides are accidental though... we do not know how much health we have left at any point in the game... I have players suiciding every night just crawling through broken windows trying to get away from me. I did not expect them to stand there and wait for me to kill them over taking the chance that they just might survive one more window hop... and sometimes they suicide in a legitimate attempt to avoid death at Jason's hands... But they still would not have suicided if the angry goalie was not trying to kill everyone.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Ahab I guess somehow in their head is if Jason doesn't kill them somehow he lost, :rolleyes:.  As jason, (and even counselor for that matter) I don't look at it as "winning" or "losing".  I'm doing my job as killer, and my job is to remove u from play.  If a player wants to help me by removing themselves, whatever.  Likely they'll never improve as they will never challenge themselves in fear of " losing" to someone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

@Ahab I guess somehow in their head is if Jason doesn't kill them somehow he lost, :rolleyes:.  As jason, (and even counselor for that matter) I don't look at it as "winning" or "losing".  I'm doing my job as killer, and my job is to remove u from play.  If a player wants to help me by removing themselves, whatever.  Likely they'll never improve as they will never challenge themselves in fear of " losing" to someone.

For many players that quit like that, there is no deterrent.. they will just do it anyway. But we may as well get the credit for it. Same with Jasons that quit after you knock them to their knees... we may as well get the credit for it.
   I just move on after they quit to the next target anyway. Its doesn't bother me if I don't kill everyone... I just do what I do.

The only times I've had suicided are the times Jason has played really scummy. One example being Jason teaming with a bunch of counselors to take me down, just because I "slashed" the game before when I was Jason. They had the car outside waiting for me to try and run out and he was busting down the door. So I decided to take matters in my own hands and I hopped through my already low hp through shards of glass.

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Okay,  then explain to me how someone is suppose to escape when nothing was fixed and everyone else is dead and a raged Jason is tunnelling you with abilities coming back every 5 seconds virtually.  In QP you get those games where you can't find certain parts for objectives or someone has a part I. E the fuse or keys etc.  That's why melee attacks were good because you could defend yourself but salty Jason mains ruined that by crying to the devs because they kept getting chain stunned. They say it's unrealistic, well so is Jason being able to glide across the map but that's perfectly legit.  Games virtually dead and the more the new patches keep ruining the experience the more players will leave. 

15 hours ago, Thunder said:

Thunder , it might be time to quit playing the game. Basically , you kill yourself because Jason was/is good and or you got stuck with shitty players !  And you would rather kill yourself than give Jason a cheap kill , who the F really cares , its a video game , wtf do you care if Jason ends up with 9,000 kills or 80 over his playing time . You guys act like video games look good on job resumes . 

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Okay,  then explain to me how someone is suppose to escape when nothing was fixed and everyone else is dead and a raged Jason is tunnelling you with abilities coming back every 5 seconds virtually.  In QP you get those games where you can't find certain parts for objectives or someone has a part I. E the fuse or keys etc.  That's why melee attacks were good because you could defend yourself but salty Jason mains ruined that by crying to the devs because they kept getting chain stunned. They say it's unrealistic, well so is Jason being able to glide across the map but that's perfectly legit.  Games virtually dead and the more the new patches keep ruining the experience the more players will leave. 

I’ve survived the night several times against a raged Jason. Nothing is repaired? Survive the night! Learn to kite! The hell with escaping

On 8/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, bryanp3692 said:

Thunder , it might be time to quit playing the game. Basically , you kill yourself because Jason was/is good and or you got stuck with shitty players !  And you would rather kill yourself than give Jason a cheap kill , who the F really cares , its a video game , wtf do you care if Jason ends up with 9,000 kills or 80 over his playing time . You guys act like video games look good on job resumes . 

I have stopped playing the game. Ever since they released the rage buff,  I've probably played less than 5 games if that. Plus it is almost impossible to find a game anymore if I ever wanted to play it.  I said it back when people gave me shit over it : I always liked the idea of being able to defend yourself, you can't do that anymore post rage and to me it's not fun to not be able to defend yourself so I quit playing. I came back when I heard of a new patch to see if they reworked the game but they didn't.  

@DontZzz34 I don't find it enjoyable to run around trying to juke Jason, my style was to always bait the player to over extend and then stun them.  You can kite still yes but the buff rage makes it easier for Jason players and virtually makes alot perks useless. 

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

@DontZzz34 I don't find it enjoyable to run around trying to juke Jason, my style was to always bait the player to over extend and then stun them.  You can kite still yes but the buff rage makes it easier for Jason players and virtually makes alot perks useless. 

I get what you mean.... fighting Jason is a lot of fun. But the problem was that Jason was looking like a clown in his own game being put on his ass all 20 minutes, getting danced on, and tea bagged the ENTIRE game. 

If I were to do the rage buff. I would’ve just made Jason get rage at 10 min left in game and not let hits count towards rage but only time. Let Tommy J stun till 5 minutes are left. And let final girl stun till 5 minutes are left. That way it’s only 1 person that can stun Jason in a given time when he’s in rage. This would eliminate the piñata parties people did before since only 1 person could stun him. I would also let flares and fireworks stun to. Till 5 mins are left. 

Then give Jason quick block so no more block/swing delay. More mask hp. Low hp Re mask option, etc. 

more interesting and fun this way.... 

On 8/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Thunder said:

Sounds like you just like being an entitled little prick. 

• Like 1

Its easy, credit suicides as kills to Jason since they died fleeing from him, problem solved.

• Like 1