m3ga_monk3y.cfg

Make us able to go back to when the old engine was being used?

I'm sure most people will agree with me here, that the old engine was absolutely much better. It wasn't at the time, but now I can see so clearly how the newer engine has destroyed the game. Anti-Aliasing is atrocious now, the new intros suck (old intros were much more HD and good looking), the colors are messed up (example, Part 3 Jason's shirt is basically entirely black now, instead of a dark, blue-ish green). But then, it could just be me, because I really liked the old engine, I didn't at the time, but I feel I would now, for nostalgia purposes, to make the game look like it did when it first came out. I loved the old grabbing, new one annoys me with the little sound effect that occurs every time you grab a counselor. And another thing with the older engine, the ragdolls in kill animations! The counselors used to turn into a ragdoll as soon as they hit the floor they were standing on, but now they wait until the animation is done, causing them to glitch into the floor.

Being able to go back to the old engine would be great, but of course with the addition of offline bots, because not many online lobbies have active players these days..

• Like 2

Totally agree with everything you said here. It's unfortunate that older builds of the game can't be used because of their up-to-date servers. I'd like to play the game as it first came out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Being able to go back to the old engine would be great, but of course with the addition of offline bots, because not many online lobbies have active players these days..

So.... you want to go back to not having dedicated servers?... Lets also throw all of the content that came with the engine upgrade in the garbage as well... This is literally what you are asking for here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

So.... you want to go back to not having dedicated servers?... Lets also throw all of the content that came with the engine upgrade in the garbage as well... This is literally what you are asking for here.

No I didn't ask that as you can see, I asked for offline bots but with the older engine, I didn't say anything about dedicated servers, just that offline bots would be good because I won't really be able to experience the old graphics if I don't have a game to get into, because not many players are on anymore, even on the dedicated servers, which really don't do much anyway

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ahab said:

Many of us haven't been able to get into dedicated servers for a long time 

i like the new content etc, however it appears the programmers are not skilled in coding with the changes.

they lost the ability to make more content/money off this so my assumption is getting this game right isn’t a high priority since a lot of the community is gone and there really is no incentive for them to work extremely hard to pay attention to perfection.

this recent one was obvious, they need to do like PUBG and have a test server to release the beta versions if they won’t properly test them

• Thanks 1

Don't worry. You can go back to using an older engine August 13th. Nintendo Switch version. 

All for a low price of $40. If you prefer the new engine it will cost an arm and a leg at $20. 😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Don't worry. You can go back to using an older engine August 13th. Nintendo Switch version. 😄

I have decided to not buy anymore Nintendo products, I got the wii-u I know many dislike this system, but it brought back classic controllers, some good Mario games, all the retro ones from the original wii and brought it to 1080p, so barring any absolute a+ Metroid game I’m kinda done with Nintendo.

btw best Metroid games, super Metroid and prime 1 , god I’d love to have these back, I liked the cartoony Zelda windwaker too not so much the ones that followed though

5 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

the old engine was actually bad does anyone not remember this

I think there are parts that were good and bad, we seem to remember what works well and then get used to what doesn’t, then we get an update and things change some for the better, some not, the little patches are causing more of a problem as time goes by, I would seriously pay 100 dollars if they would actually get it all right and then just leave it be.

too bad and handful of things ran most players off and crowdsourcing funds wouldn’t help much

3 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Out of curiosity, how long have you been unable to play on dedicated servers?

1 hour ago, AshTray900 said:

i like the new content etc, however it appears the programmers are not skilled in coding with the changes.

they lost the ability to make more content/money off this so my assumption is getting this game right isn’t a high priority since a lot of the community is gone and there really is no incentive for them to work extremely hard to pay attention to perfection.

this recent one was obvious, they need to do like PUBG and have a test server to release the beta versions if they won’t properly test them

Assumptions are bad. You know what they say about people who assume, right?

I do agree that more testing is needed to catch these problems, though it will push the updates back even longer. Hopefully, it's time well spent.

55 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Don't worry. You can go back to using an older engine August 13th. Nintendo Switch version. 

All for a low price of $40. If you prefer the new engine it will cost an arm and a leg at $20. 😄

I'll keep my arms and legs, thank you...

Even though I'm not buying the Switch version, I do hope it runs better for those players than it does for the rest of us.

• Like 1

We are past the point of no return. Even if they tried to unfuck the game by reverting it back to an older version, I fear it would make things worse - a bit like when old biff went back in time with the old sports almanac. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

We are past the point of no return. Even if they tried to unfuck the game by reverting it back to an older version, I fear it would make things worse - a bit like when old biff went back in time with the old sports almanac. 

Biff may have been a dick, but he had brains.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

No I didn't ask that as you can see, I asked for offline bots but with the older engine, I didn't say anything about dedicated servers, just that offline bots would be good because I won't really be able to experience the old graphics if I don't have a game to get into, because not many players are on anymore, even on the dedicated servers, which really don't do much anyway

Technically, your were not asking. But the title of the thread... you know... the part with the QUESTION MARK.... really makes it look that way... as you can see. And your initial post seems to be making this suggestion.

17 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

not many players are on anymore,

Since I bought this game, there have been... "not many players" on at pretty much anytime when numbers didn't spike from a sale... I rarely had a problem getting into a match... and I am on steam, which supposedly has the lowest amount of players on all current platforms. I did have a day with connection problems recently though.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Out of curiosity, how long have you been unable to play on dedicated servers?

Assumptions are bad. You know what they say about people who assume, right?

I do agree that more testing is needed to catch these problems, though it will push the updates back even longer. Hopefully, it's time well spent.

I'll keep my arms and legs, thank you...

Even though I'm not buying the Switch version, I do hope it runs better for those players than it does for the rest of us.

Not been able to play on dedicated servers since last year 

9 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

They can push the updates back as long as they want as long as they get them right!

As patient a person as I am, I know there are many who don't feel the same way. I could wait up to a year per patch, if they fixed things without breaking them. I wouldn't expect others to have that same level of patience.

6 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Not been able to play on dedicated servers since last year 

I feel your pain. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eh...spoiler alert.

What to expect from today's 'community' check in is...absolutely nothing you haven't heard before.

More news about news.

I suppose the silver lining for PC players is you weren't gifted with the newest game breaking patch.

Prediction.

They will delay the 'hot fix' and PC patch until the Switch launch and patch the game on all platforms to help mesh with the launch. To help apologize for the bad patches. They will of course offer double xp for maybe a week if they decide to be generous to the Switch crowd. If not, expect probably a couple of days.

Sorry, but I gotta keep expectations super low to nonexistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, MortenMagnePal said:

Honestly, you are the only person I have seen on here that claims to consistently not be getting onto dedicated servers over any length of time... I am not saying you do not have this issue, I am just saying you are the only person I have seen mention this problem being consistent over a long period of time... But not everyone that has an issue even comes on here to mention it... so there is that to consider as well.
    There are others that have mentioned a problem getting onto dedicated servers... but you are the only person I see claiming that you never get on them. I hope this issue is resolved for you... hopefully sooner than later... but I would not advise holding your breath on that one around here.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Sorry, but I gotta keep expectations super low to nonexistent.

This absolutely does not require an apology... It is just words of wisdom... not just concerning this game... but literally concerning everything. Low expectations will put a smile on your face if something actually does happen that was beyond your expectations.
    Your predictions here seem accurate to me with what we know... and spoilers never bothered me... and water is also still wet... Which is a good thing, if water changed to something other than wet... we would all be in trouble.
    But hopefully, console players get their Super Shifty Jason and invulnerable window hoping due to animation canceling fix sooner than that. The patch should have already been rolled back for them in my opinion.

• Like 1

I heard it had something to do with the new engine being "better" in some regard, perhaps stability, or maybe the old engine wouldn't run on the Switch or something. The reason it's messed up now is because they had to port EVERYTHING to the new engine and in record time. On the old engine they had multiple years to put it together. In time, the new engine will be fine.

8 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Ha I'm kind of used to it now and there seems to be quite a lot of us on Xbox who can't connect to them either thanks 😊

I’ve connected to dedicated servers pretty much every time I play and I’m on Xbox