Is there any chance of adding a stat tracker maybe similar to badges so that us trophy hunters know how close we are to the requirements. I know that Xbox players can check their hero stats for games played etc so the infrastructure is definitely there. It would be nice to know how many boats have been repaired, baseball bat hits, counselors killed and how many games have been played and so on. I love the game but we have to admit it's coming to the end of its life cycle. Lobbies can sometimes be hard to find with matchmaking search times evidently increasing.

On another note maybe its about time to lower the requirements. I know this will annoy people who have already earned it but the game wont be alive much longer. I'm not begging and I know its a long shot but it would be nice and may even spark other trophy hunters interest.
Thanks to the devs for the hard work and dedication to the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DuskandHerEmbrace said:

Is there any chance of adding a stat tracker maybe similar to badges so that us trophy hunters know how close we are to the requirements.

This has been suggested before and many players would like to see it added... but it is doubtful we will ever see it.
    Gun used to keep track of stats... but I think it was Matt that said a while ago... they have not been keeping track like that for a while now.

I love the game but we have to admit it's coming to the end of its life cycle.

This is something that people have been saying since before I bought the game. Because a bunch of morons run around saying the game is dead while there are still people playing it means only one thing... They do not understand what the word dead means.
    The game has not even been released on switch yet... that happens on August 15th I think. Hardly something that points to a dead game.

Lobbies can sometimes be hard to find with matchmaking search times evidently increasing.

If your search for a lobby in quick play takes two minutes, then it is almost uniformly stuck in a loop. Cancel the search and try again. This kind of search loop can happen in many other games as well.
   Quite often there has been low numbers on steam since I bought this game... and as long as I can actually connect, I do not have ANY problems finding a match.

On another note maybe its about time to lower the requirements. I know this will annoy people who have already earned it but the game wont be alive much longer. I'm not begging and I know its a long shot but it would be nice and may even spark other trophy hunters interest.

This has also been suggested by quite a few players... and it would be a slap in the face to everyone that spent the time to grind everything out in game... If I remember correctly, at one point, they did state that they will not be lowering requirements to earn achievements, trophies or badges.
    It took me a long time to get my torpedo badge playing Part IV... he is a tad slow in the water.... but I still got it. I am also still a long way off from my 1000 games as Jason... and I have been grinding on that for a long time now... It is what it is anyway.
    The game is not dead, nor is it dying any more than any other game... we just have a small player base... The slaughter, and the escapes... will continue for the foreseeable future... No matter what the brain dead trolls tell you.

Also... I think I forgot to say it before.... Welcome to the forums!

Great ideas especially the lowering of trophy requirements. Lowering the requirements wouldn't at all be a slap in the face. A slap on the face was done to us gamers by the developers when they created the insane trophy requirements for playing as a counselor and jason. I wouldn't call the game dead yet but those players have the right idea, there is no in releasing the game on switch in its current status and with the game being tied up by the lawsuit. They are only asking for more disappointed fans even ones feeling ripped off, not the wisest business decision that the team has made if you ask me. All in all under its current unexperienced development team I doubt we will get any significant changes to the game.

1 hour ago, AeronSky said:

. Lowering the requirements wouldn't at all be a slap in the face.

Maybe not to you, but it would be to all the ones that grinded it out to get the accomplishments. You want the trophy? Earn it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Maybe not to you, but it would be to all the ones that grinded it out to get the accomplishments. You want the trophy? Earn it.

The trophy requirements are the real slap in the face, the developer did not take into a account what kind of game this is. Depending on the type of game a few hundred or more would be no problem but for this game that is not the case, insanely long grinds in a game like this are not fun at all and there is no sense of achievement from them more like  "oh god finally, the nightmare is over".

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AeronSky said:

The trophy requirements are the real slap in the face, the developer did not take into a account what kind of game this is. Depending on the type of game a few hundred or more would be no problem but for this game that is not the case, insanely long grinds in a game like this are not fun at all and there is no sense of achievement from them more like  "oh god finally, the nightmare is over".

I understand what you are saying, not trying to discount it. I agree that the requirement for a few of the achievements are kind of ridiculous. But what has been done has been done. The mark was set. If they were to go in and lower the level now after many have grinded for the achievement, it would be a huge slap in the face for the ones that have. That's not fair at all. I'm not the type of person who has to have all the trophies, would like to, but I can honestly say that I will never get the 1000 matches as Jason (haven't even got the 500 trophy yet). I have been playing since shortly after the game was released, but it's not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I understand what you are saying, not trying to discount it. I agree that the requirement for a few of the achievements are kind of ridiculous. But what has been done has been done. The mark was set. If they were to go in and lower the level now after many have grinded for the achievement, it would be a huge slap in the face for the ones that have. That's not fair at all. I'm not the type of person who has to have all the trophies, would like to, but I can honestly say that I will never get the 1000 matches as Jason (haven't even got the 500 trophy yet). I have been playing since shortly after the game was released, but it's not going to happen.

I don't understand why people who (suprisingly) have it would take it as a slap in the face, the trophy requirements were not well thought out in the first place. So they shouldn't take it as a face slap. As I said before the slap is coming from the developers to us (the gamers). The game has been essentially dying for awhile now and with the lawsuit stopping any new major updates, this is on the list of things that they can change to the game to make it better.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I would agree with the rest of them. The 1,000 Jason matches is an insane requirement though. I'm honestly beginning to think it along with the 500 one is are bugged. I got my 1,000 counselor matches back in September 2017. If you assume an average of being Jason 1 out of every 10 matches, you'd think I'd have gotten the 500 by now.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'm honestly beginning to think it along with the 500 one is are bugged.

I would agree with you on that logic. I got the "Gotta Kill Them All" (kill 1313 counselors) trophy back in November. I know if you do the math it possible to get that achievement with well under 500 matches, but back around that time and a few months after, I was playing the game at every given moment I had. I honestly believe I have surpassed the 500 match point and it just hasn't registered. But thanks to Sony, us PS4 users cant see any progress.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would agree with the rest of them. The 1,000 Jason matches is an insane requirement though. I'm honestly beginning to think it along with the 500 one is are bugged. I got my 1,000 counselor matches back in September 2017. If you assume an average of being Jason 1 out of every 10 matches, you'd think I'd have gotten the 500 by now.

I almost always check my number of games as Jason towards that trophy after finishing for the night and have never seen it not register my Jason matches. One year and ten months in... I am at 627 Jason matches... as of right now. My Summercamp achievement is was unlocked on October 14th 2017.
   I agree 1000 matches is pretty steep on that one... but completionists do tend to quit playing after getting all of the achievements. So it does tend to keep those people playing for some time at least.
   It is possible it is buggy like a few other achievements, but I have never noticed it not add my Jason matches to the number on the achievement tracker.

13 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I almost always check my number of games as Jason towards that trophy after finishing for the night and have never seen it not register my Jason matches. One year and ten months in... I am at 627 Jason matches... as of right now. My Summercamp achievement is was unlocked on October 14th 2017.
   I agree 1000 matches is pretty steep on that one... but completionists do tend to quit playing after getting all of the achievements. So it does tend to keep those people playing for some time at least.
   It is possible it is buggy like a few other achievements, but I have never noticed it not add my Jason matches to the number on the achievement tracker.

I am wondering if it's bugged on ps4 specifically. I believe @Dragonfire82877 is on there as well. I don't mind the requirement so much as not being sure my efforts have counted.

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I am wondering if it's bugged on ps4 specifically. I believe @Dragonfire82877 is on there as well. I don't mind the requirement so much as not being sure my efforts have counted.

Very hard to tell if it is detecting it or not if you have no tracker for the achievement like steam has... More like impossible... You will only know for sure when you get the achievement, which will take a lot of time.
   I do not always have my preference on Jason or mine would be somewhat higher... I turn my preference off sometimes just because some nights, I only seem to be picked as Jason when I really, really need a smoke.

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I respect those that put in the time to do something that requires a great amount of effort. They should be recognized for their hard work.

16 hours ago, AeronSky said:

If no one could get the achievement as it stood, I could see lowering it. Players have gone out of their way to show their commitment to the game by getting the achievements. Changing it would render their effort meaningless.

14 hours ago, AeronSky said:

I don't understand why people who (suprisingly) have it would take it as a slap in the face, the trophy requirements were not well thought out in the first place. So they shouldn't take it as a face slap. As I said before the slap is coming from the developers to us (the gamers). The game has been essentially dying for awhile now and with the lawsuit stopping any new major updates, this is on the list of things that they can change to the game to make it better.

While I do feel achievements and trophies are overrated, I can understand why players who work hard at achievements feel as they do.

Consider it from a different standpoint.

Person A works hard their entire life and makes $1 million. Person B is just handed $1 million.

Who do you have more respect for?

6 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Honestly we just need a kill counter for us Jason Players.

A kill counter would have been a nice option.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, Fair Play said:

I respect those that put in the time to do something that requires a great amount of effort. They should be recognized for their hard work.

If no one could get the achievement as it stood, I could see lowering it. Players have gone out of their way to show their commitment to the game by getting the achievements. Changing it would render their effort meaningless.

While I do feel achievements and trophies are overrated, I can understand why players who work hard at achievements feel as they do.

Consider it from a different standpoint.

Person A works hard their entire life and makes $1 million. Person B is just handed $1 million.

Who do you have more respect for?

A kill counter would have been a nice option.

I see what you are trying to get there with the example but that same logic there cannot be used for this situation. I stand by what I said, the developers didn't take things into account when they made the game and they still don't even though small changes are all they can do now thanks to the lawsuit

6 hours ago, AeronSky said:

the developers didn't take things into account when they made the game and they still don't even though small changes are all they can do now thanks to the lawsuit

I doubt that when they started the development of the game that they knew the lawsuit was going to end it. With the F13 brand name, they probably thought they would be adding new content and the game would go on for years. With that being said, the 500 and 1000 marks for Jason seemed to be achievable. Unfortunately, the lawsuit did happen. It stopped production of the game. It has "not" killed the game. The game is still playable. Although the bar is set insanely high, if you're willing to go for the achievement, it's there. If the mark is too high for you and you don't want to go for it, don't stress over it. Long story short, they are not going to drop the mark. 

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I doubt that when they started the development of the game that they knew the lawsuit was going to end it. With the F13 brand name, they probably thought they would be adding new content and the game would go on for years. With that being said, the 500 and 1000 marks for Jason seemed to be achievable. Unfortunately, the lawsuit did happen. It stopped production of the game. It has "not" killed the game. The game is still playable. Although the bar is set insanely high, if you're willing to go for the achievement, it's there. If the mark is too high for you and you don't want to go for it, don't stress over it. Long story short, they are not going to drop the mark. 

Long Story Short: We (the gamers) were given a licensed game by a team of underexperienced developers who could not think and see the game from a gamer's viewpoint so we got a broken game at launch and to this day it's still broken (even with the lawsuit halting new content). We should've gotten a more experienced team instead.

20 minutes ago, AeronSky said:

Long Story Short: We (the gamers) were given a licensed game by a team of underexperienced developers who could not think and see the game from a gamer's viewpoint so we got a broken game at launch and to this day it's still broken (even with the lawsuit halting new content). We should've gotten a more experienced team instead.

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else but Gun to make this game. No other big name devs out there would have paid as much attention to the small details that's in this game as Gun did. The game was a heaping mess because of Illfonic's short comings, not Gun's. Black Tower has been tasked to go in and clean up the mess, but there's no telling how long it will take to smoothe out the rocky road Illfonic left behind. The game has it's problems, but it is still playable. If you are that unhappy with it's current state, give it a break and try again after the next patch.

17 hours ago, AeronSky said:

I see what you are trying to get there with the example but that same logic there cannot be used for this situation. I stand by what I said, the developers didn't take things into account when they made the game and they still don't even though small changes are all they can do now thanks to the lawsuit

You are free to stand by what you say. If you didn't stand by what you said, your posts would be less likely to be taken seriously. You also tend to make a lot of assumptions about the developers. Too many assumptions made will make your posts be taken less seriously.

What are you saying that developers did not take into consideration, from your standpoint?

10 hours ago, AeronSky said:

A "gamer's viewpoint" is subjective. Quite a few of us here have stances on what we think would make the game better, each from our own personal viewpoint. The problem with that logic is, a single gamer's viewpoint is not absolute. You could see it one way, I could see it another, and so on. We didn't design the game. We just backed it, bought it and played it. We gave suggestions and feedback, and it was up to the developers to decide if they wanted to take what the people had to say into consideration.

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else but Gun to make this game. No other big name devs out there would have paid as much attention to the small details that's in this game as Gun did. The game was a heaping mess because of Illfonic's short comings, not Gun's. Black Tower has been tasked to go in and clean up the mess, but there's no telling how long it will take to smoothe out the rocky road Illfonic left behind. The game has it's problems, but it is still playable. If you are that unhappy with it's current state, give it a break and try again after the next patch.

I agree. I'm sure many companies could make an F13 game, but until that happens, this is the game that fate has dealt to us at this time.

If the stars align and we get another game years after the lawsuit ends, then I will be curious to see what comes of those efforts. In the meantime, I'll enjoy what we currently have, bugs and all.

• Like 2

How do I tell how many times I’ve played as Jason.   I’ve been playing almost every day since June 2017. 365 days a year x multiple times as Jason as day.   I should have at least reached the 500 achievement!  

On 11/11/2019 at 6:03 PM, Jason Roy said:

How do I tell how many times I’ve played as Jason.   I’ve been playing almost every day since June 2017. 365 days a year x multiple times as Jason as day.   I should have at least reached the 500 achievement!  

I been playing since release so......yeah welcome to the club most people would cheat it and have private matches.