Downloaded the game last week after not playing for a good while,come to find out jason is now untouchable in rage mode unless you have a shotgun.Im 50/50 on this,on one hand jason isn't getting bullied anymore but on the other hand it makes it hard for the last 2 or 3 people left alive to do anything.I mean by the time he gets rage honestly everything should be fixed or at least at the end process of getting fixed but with all these new players an entire match can go by with nothing being done,even players that have been playing for a while play like they don't know what to do when it clearly tells you you're objectives.But anyway im not totally against this update however i think they need to rethink this,i play debrah alot because of what i mentioned above and now i can't even get away from jason as before i only got away here and there cause of the stamina it gave me in return for hitting jason.I say allow him to get stunned while in rage but make the stun time EXTREMELY short,cause as it is right now playing as someone who has little stamina and isn't that fast(all the characters that are good at repair) means a forsure death,sure you can still get stamina back from hitting him but whats the point if he is gonna eat it and grab you.And before anyone say's it no im not one of those people thats "complaining" because i can't stun jason and dance on him, if at all possible i will avoid fighting unless i ABSOLUTELY have to,even if my characters strength will ensure the stun.Not gonna lie i have done it but only in retaliation i.e if jason is working with a counselor or something.

I agree, that it's not right for Jason to be almost invincible in Rage. Today I was in a game, Jason entered Rage, the only thing I could do as poor Vanessa was run, jump through windows, and go to different houses. The game is supposed to be easy for Jason, but now they've made it too easy for him, with every update it's like he's getting buffed, "unintentionally." I disagree as to why the Rage time is so short right now, and it may be a bug, but @mattshotcha would have to verify this... Every time Jason is hit, his Rage meter goes up, every time it gets closer to that about 9:54 mark, it goes up. It's twice as fast, assuming those in the game, wack the killer with their weapons.

18 hours ago, LucKazama said:

i play debrah

Precious, smart, Debby has her pros and cons. A pro is she can fix things fast, because she's that one nerd in school, while Tiffany is a girl toy to the boys. A con, is that her stamina is very low and she's basically a rat to Jason, because she is not athletic. A pro for Tiffany, is she has a bit better stamina when you first get her, because she's athletic. Overtime when you get perks with the Counselors, they can become faster, smarter, and more athletic. Tiffany is one who most improves upon the athletic factor. Debby can improve upon the athletic and sound factor on certain perks. If you want my opinion... Play Tiffany, depending on what level on which seems very low, so you may not have her. If you can't play her, play Vanessa. I tried her today, because the game bugged and put me on random when I had Brandon picked. She has semi-good stamina, but it's a good as you'll get with Tiffany at a lower level. Always try all characters even if they may not have something you want, like the repair stat. Another one you can play is Ken because he has 5/10 stat ranking for everyone.

Tips:

If you wanna kill Jason, get his mask off, then take an axe and hit him at least 6 more times, while he's NOT stunned. Be sure to have a machete near by as Tommy, because you'll need it when a girl in the game uses the sweater. If you don't have an axe, use a machete 6 times, and if you don't have either of those, use something 12 times on him, then be sure to still have an axe or machete near by to kill him.

If Jason IS CLOSE TO YOU as the girl with the sweater, don't use it until you're near Tommy. Don't be that one Vanessa in the game, who doesn't use it either, but wears it for cosmetic causes. On Xbox One you press Y I think, and Triangle on PS4, it's not difficult, the game shows you. To kill Jason as Tommy, press X or A depending on your platform, when he's down on his knees, begging for forgiveness, you'll have to make him watch you slice his head in half, so be right in front of him when this happens.

By the way, I'm Nathan, welcome to the forum! Create an introduction post so we can all get to know you, as friends, this isn't a dating site.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, LucKazama said:

Downloaded the game last week after not playing for a good while,come to find out jason is now untouchable in rage mode unless you have a shotgun.Im 50/50 on this,on one hand jason isn't getting bullied anymore but on the other hand it makes it hard for the last 2 or 3 people left alive to do anything.I mean by the time he gets rage honestly everything should be fixed or at least at the end process of getting fixed but with all these new players an entire match can go by with nothing being done,even players that have been playing for a while play like they don't know what to do when it clearly tells you you're objectives.But anyway im not totally against this update however i think they need to rethink this,i play debrah alot because of what i mentioned above and now i can't even get away from jason as before i only got away here and there cause of the stamina it gave me in return for hitting jason.I say allow him to get stunned while in rage but make the stun time EXTREMELY short,cause as it is right now playing as someone who has little stamina and isn't that fast(all the characters that are good at repair) means a forsure death,sure you can still get stamina back from hitting him but whats the point if he is gonna eat it and grab you.And before anyone say's it no im not one of those people thats "complaining" because i can't stun jason and dance on him, if at all possible i will avoid fighting unless i ABSOLUTELY have to,even if my characters strength will ensure the stun.Not gonna lie i have done it but only in retaliation i.e if jason is working with a counselor or something.

Sounds like you play low stam high repair counselors. Deborah main? You should be able to repair and escape most of your games before jason even hits rage. You will still have a few games where it’s unfortunate and you’re forced to survive the night as Deborah. But all u can do is try your best. Also if ur low on stamina against a raged Jason get good at dodge canceling for stamina regain.... if you want to have a fairer chance to survive the night against a raged Jason then run Tiffany or Vanessa. Either are a top tier choice facing a raged Jason.

1 hour ago, Nathan5226 said:

I agree, that it's not right for Jason to be almost invincible in Rage. Today I was in a game, Jason entered Rage, the only thing I could do as poor Vanessa was run, jump through windows, and go to different houses. The game is supposed to be easy for Jason, but now they've made it too easy for him, with every update it's like he's getting buffed, "unintentionally." I disagree as to why the Rage time is so short right now, and it may be a bug, but @mattshotcha would have to verify this... Every time Jason is hit, his Rage meter goes up, every time it gets closer to that about 9:54 mark, it goes up. It's twice as fast, assuming those in the game, wack the killer with their weapons.

As Jason go against a coordinated experienced group then tell me it’s easy for him..... 

As far as the whole rage meter going up with hits I don’t think that’s right either. Jason’s rage should hit at a certain time on the clock and not be based off hits. 

Tips:

If you wanna kill Jason, get his mask off, then take an axe and hit him at least 6 more times, while he's NOT stunned. Be sure to have a machete near by as Tommy, because you'll need it when a girl in the game uses the sweater. If you don't have an axe, use a machete 6 times, and if you don't have either of those, use something 12 times on him, then be sure to still have an axe or machete near by to kill him.

If Jason IS CLOSE TO YOU as the girl with the sweater, don't use it until you're near Tommy. Don't be that one Vanessa in the game, who doesn't use it either, but wears it for cosmetic causes. On Xbox One you press Y I think, and Triangle on PS4, it's not difficult, the game shows you. To kill Jason as Tommy, press X or A depending on your platform, when he's down on his knees, begging for forgiveness, you'll have to make him watch you slice his head in half, so be right in front of him when this happens.

You don’t even need to hit Jason that many times to take his mask off. Get Jason in rage. As tommy grab axe, Hit Jason 1 or two times. Mask off. Sweater girl hits y or triangle. Tommy hits Jason, knees him down, a or x. 

If he isn’t in rage. Save axe. Grab machete hit Jason 2-3 times. Grab axe and do above. Never risk kneeing Jason down with a machete. Low chance of kneeing down Jason.... 

20 hours ago, LucKazama said:

jason isn't getting bullied anymore but on the other hand it makes it hard for the last 2 or 3 people left alive to do anything.

Jason is not getting bullied and looking like a clown in his own game anymore... this is not a bad thing.
   The game is supposed to be hard to get away from Jason... yet since the rage buff I see more people escaping... and believe it or not, this buff makes it easier to kill Jason. Strikes that stun do lesser damage towards mask removal while strikes that do not stun do full damage with each hit... and yes, players that use low stamina counselors are STILL surviving the night, but they have to actually work for it now.
   I also play a low stamina counselor and almost never take a swing at Jason... yet I still escape in WAY more matches than you would think, playing with noobs or not. Manage your stamina and learn to not have to rely on hitting him... and you may actually want to open windows and lock doors... it is that simple. I did not even have to change my play style for counselor or Jason with the rage buff.
   You can thank all of the battle Chads that enjoyed making Jason look like a clown in his own game for this buff.

20 hours ago, LucKazama said:

I say allow him to get stunned while in rage but make the stun time EXTREMELY short,cause as it is right now playing as someone who has little stamina and isn't that fast(all the characters that are good at repair) means a forsure death,sure you can still get stamina back from hitting him but whats the point if he is gonna eat it and grab you

What you are asking here is for a return to the Pinata Jason parties... a shorter stun is still a stun. NO THANK YOU.
    A running Jason CANNOT catch up to the slowest counselors when chasing them in a straight line... The rage buff gave him ZERO buffs towards actually catching ANYONE... If you still want to hit him for stamina in rage, make sure you have at least one other counselor with you to hit him so he drops you... But understand this... the killer is supposed to be over powered... when ANY idiot can stun him over and over again... NO ONE fears him and he IS NOT overpowered. The only for sure death due to the rage buff happens to people that want to get in Jason's face and stay in Jason's face... which is exactly as it should be.

I agree, that it's not right for Jason to be almost invincible in Rage.

Rage DOES NOT make Jason invincible, it makes him easier to kill than it ever has been, as explained above.

The game is supposed to be easy for Jason, but now they've made it too easy for him, with every update it's like he's getting buffed, "unintentionally."

The game is not supposed to be easy for Jason... but it is supposed to be difficult for counselors. Playing against counselors that know what they are doing, you will rarely even get to rage before everyone you have not yet killed has escaped.
     As to Jason buffs... go back, look at the patch notes. Jason has received VERY few buffs over the life of the game compared to counselors... and he does not now, nor has he EVER gotten buffs with every patch... the notes are all there. Go read them.
     Seriously, if you do not want to see rage come so soon... then STOP HITTING HIM... When no one in a match hits him, he does not go into rage until almost fifteen minutes into the match.

Don't be that one Vanessa in the game, who doesn't use it either, but wears it for cosmetic causes.

There are players that do not want to kill Jason, but want to use the sweater as an extra stun on him to help get away from him... If someone gets the sweater before you and does not want to kill Jason, then it is their decision, not yours. NON of us can tell others how to play the game.

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

As Jason go against a coordinated experienced group then tell me it’s easy for him..... 

As far as the whole rage meter going up with hits I don’t think that’s right either. Jason’s rage should hit at a certain time on the clock and not be based off hits. 

Going up against counselors that actually know what they are doing is still a challenge as Jason... Teamwork... works.... and Jason cannot be in two places at once.
   Hitting Jason always brought rage on quicker... and it still should bring rage on quicker, or we are back to piñata parties that last until there is only five minutes or so left... no thank you. If players want to beat on Jason, there is now a consequence... as it should be. 

Welcome to camp @LucKazama

Don’t sweat the rage change, windows are your best bet for getting stamina not hitting him. Deb’s a good choice for getting out if you’re by yourself, just take some time to learn a few routes for each map that lead you through likely objective spawns, focus on the car or phone at first. You can learn the best boat tactics by sticking around and reading Ahab’s posts, sticking around the forums is actually the best way to learn what works currently as most guides were written pre rage buff. Guides are another good source of info. 

16 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

As Jason go against a coordinated experienced group then tell me it’s easy for him..... Agreed, playing with some of the forum members is a whole other game, ie. Rust, Lassie, Redcat. Everything gets pressured all at once and the Jason’s are all beasts. 

I’m fine with it having the time pushed back but still think repeated stuns should decrease the time because I have no wish to watch another piñata party. Fight back at your own risk, is a dynamic I like a lot. 

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Going up against counselors that actually know what they are doing is still a challenge as Jason... Teamwork... works.... and Jason cannot be in two places at once.
   Hitting Jason always brought rage on quicker... and it still should bring rage on quicker, or we are back to piñata parties that last until there is only five minutes or so left... no thank you. If players want to beat on Jason, there is now a consequence... as it should be. 

Yes it is def a challenge. That’s what I was saying. As Jason I’ve def had plenty of games where a good team would make me struggle. 

If I were to re work the rage buff. I wouldn’t count hits towards rage meter. I’d count time. I’d push it back from 5 minutes to 10 minutes... half the game Jason can be stunned the other half he can’t against melee attacks. Why? Because teamers can just hit Jason in block and instantly get him in rage at game start. That’s why I see hits counting towards rage is a BIG problem... 

@Slasher_Clone problem I have with hits towards rage meter is above 

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes it is def a challenge. That’s what I was saying. As Jason I’ve def had plenty of games where a good team would make me struggle. 

One day... you will play against a group that gets both cars going and escape with six counselors before Jason gets his first shift. This is rare, but it happens... and there is absolutely nothing Jason can do about it.

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If I were to re work the rage buff. I wouldn’t count hits towards rage meter. I’d count time. I’d push it back from 5 minutes to 10 minutes... half the game Jason can be stunned the other half he can’t against melee attacks. Why? Because teamers can just hit Jason in block and instantly get him in rage at game start. That’s why I see hits counting towards rage is a BIG problem... 

Half the match I could find acceptable... right up until I see trolls using this to have a ten minute piñata party... which is exactly what they would do. You know, I know it... and they are hoping for it.
   Most of the time I see Jason getting into an early rage is not teamers at all.... It is a bunch of trolls using him as a piñata and the Jason player is getting very frustrated... but now rage hits and they can not prolong it, so they die quickly or quit... leaving everyone else In the match to deal with an early rage Jason.
   It needs to bring rage on faster for beating him... Literally the easiest thing to do in this game is stun Jason, repeatedly... the Jason player's skill level is not even part of this equation... and this makes Jason look like a clown in his own game... That is unacceptable.
   The piñata parties are not an issue for me and have not been for a VERY long time... I learned to fight as Jason during the great Jason nerf of 2017, when I seemed to be the only player that even wanted to play Jason... and it seemed every match at the time was a piñata party. But this are a huge issue for MANY players still, right up until the rage buff hits. This is the biggest cause of Jason players rage quitting... and many Jason players I have seen this happen to NEVER came back to the game.... The rage buff NEEDS to stay as it is. The only thing it is hurting are trolls.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sounds like you play low stam high repair counselors. Deborah main? You should be able to repair and escape most of your games before jason even hits rage. You will still have a few games where it’s unfortunate and you’re forced to survive the night as Deborah. But all u can do is try your best. Also if ur low on stamina against a raged Jason get good at dodge canceling for stamina regain.... if you want to have a fairer chance to survive the night against a raged Jason then run Tiffany or Vanessa. Either are a top tier choice facing a raged Jason.

You don’t even need to hit Jason that many times to take his mask off. Get Jason in rage. As tommy grab axe, Hit Jason 1 or two times. Mask off. Sweater girl hits y or triangle. Tommy hits Jason, knees him down, a or x. 

If he isn’t in rage. Save axe. Grab machete hit Jason 2-3 times. Grab axe and do above. Never risk kneeing Jason down with a machete. Low chance of kneeing down Jason.... 

Do you wanna risk hitting him with the Axe and it not working? No. Last time I did three hits with a machete, then press triangle, and hit Jaaon as Tommy, it didnt work.

34 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Do you wanna risk hitting him with the Axe and it not working? No. Last time I did three hits with a machete, then press triangle, and hit Jaaon as Tommy, it didnt work.

With sucker punch the axe will almost always bring Jason to his knees. So far I’m at a 100% success rate with the axe kneeing Jason down with sucker punch. Not to say I might have some chance one day it won’t work. But so far it’s been very successful. And the reason why it didn’t work for you was bc you tried kneeing Jason down with a machete. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

One day... you will play against a group that gets both cars going and escape with six counselors before Jason gets his first shift. This is rare, but it happens... and there is absolutely nothing Jason can do about it.

Half the match I could find acceptable... right up until I see trolls using this to have a ten minute piñata party... which is exactly what they would do. You know, I know it... and they are hoping for it.
   Most of the time I see Jason getting into an early rage is not teamers at all.... It is a bunch of trolls using him as a piñata and the Jason player is getting very frustrated... but now rage hits and they can not prolong it, so they die quickly or quit... leaving everyone else In the match to deal with an early rage Jason.
   It needs to bring rage on faster for beating him... Literally the easiest thing to do in this game is stun Jason, repeatedly... the Jason player's skill level is not even part of this equation... and this makes Jason look like a clown in his own game... That is unacceptable.
   The piñata parties are not an issue for me and have not been for a VERY long time... I learned to fight as Jason during the great Jason nerf of 2017, when I seemed to be the only player that even wanted to play Jason... and it seemed every match at the time was a piñata party. But this are a huge issue for MANY players still, right up until the rage buff hits. This is the biggest cause of Jason players rage quitting... and many Jason players I have seen this happen to NEVER came back to the game.... The rage buff NEEDS to stay as it is. The only thing it is hurting are trolls.

I haven’t had that happen yet... I’ve had one car going before shift at most. But both? I hope I don’t lol

i guess there’s a good and bad that goes with every buff/nerf. If trolls wanna start a piñata party again for 10 minutes of the game bc they think they can. Then Jason would need some buffs to go along with it. Not that he doesn’t already need some proper buffs anyways regardless of this rage meter or not. But Quick block would be the best thing to implement with this change to the rage meter to prevent piñata parties. 

I’ve seen teamers before get Jason into rage before in game. Was very annoying to me. 

I wouldn’t agree Jason’s skill level determines how easy it is to stun him. Smart Jason’s don’t get walked all over near as easy as noob Jason’s do.... smart Jason’s will dodge counselor attacks... punish them, quick throw knives, and they will die quickly. But really it just depends on how good the counselor is and how good jason is. Equally skilled Jason vs counselor it’ll be a fun and interesting fight. 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I haven’t had that happen yet... I’ve had one car going before shift at most. But both? I hope I don’t lol

I think it is at four times for me now... harder to do to a Jason that traps cars, but far from impossible. I have been involved in doing it to several other Jason players that did trap cars, but I am not sure how many times I was involved in pulling this off from the counselor's side. The fewer the traps, the less pocket knives to disarm when they are not going for the phone... or calling Tommy.
    Teams of players that know where the parts spawn can luck out with this, if they do not spend time speed looting three houses before doing anything. Getting as many parts in as possible before Jason shows up to trap a car is also very helpful here... less pocket knives required.

i guess there’s a good and bad that goes with every buff/nerf.

There is, and sometimes it can be easy to see what will happen... like with nerfing the rage buff. It only stopped one thing from happening... Pinata parties... that's it... Give them back the ability to easily stun him for longer than they already can and they will.
    I miss the times when block was a quick reaction, but it really only helped so much. When the mask can be knocked off in one or two hits... how many strikes can you really block... and you can still be demasked in block.

I do not see nearly as many teamers as every claims they see... I do not even see many that even make me consider they are teaming. But when I do see them it is usually fairly obvious by their own behavior, whether they communicate with other counselors or not... And I agree, they are annoying... VERY annoying.
    I still have friends that think they need to fight Jason to stay alive or prolong a chase and I see an early rage often when playing with them... But they are not teaming... although I have heard people say my group was teaming because of this. Too many players rely on that stamina boost you can only get from hitting Jason... and old habits die hard. People need to learn to open windows, manage stamina and fear... lock doors. People that do not open windows and lock doors are often the cause of death of late surviving counselors... smashing through windows is counter productive (except on consoles with that current bug). I often watch other players survive the night using the windows I opened and doors I locked with bear traps in front of them... I wish I got points for bear traps after escaping at least... I did not die and he still runs into my traps all the time late in the game... But it never clicks for some people that this is what saved them.... if those windows were closed, if those doors were unlocked... we all know what would happen... and the bear traps help too.

Smart Jason’s don’t get walked all over near as easy as noob Jason’s do.

Some Jason players are better at it than others... But I have seen a lot of very skilled Jason's used as a piñata long enough for them to be very annoyed by it... I was doing it to level 150 Jasons consistently within three days of playing... It is pretty simple. But I stopped beating on Jason soon after learning to do it... Some Jason players get very salty, and I am here to play a game, not piss people off. 

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Equally skilled Jason vs counselor it’ll be a fun and interesting fight. 

Some player put up a much better fight than others... @GeneiJin is the biggest challenge to fight as Jason that I have encountered... and have learned a lot from fighting him. I have never really bother to challenge his Jason this way though... maybe one day... if I play Jenny instead of A.J.