Sign in to follow this  
AshTray900

A year of bad patches

I don’t mean this to be mean or talk trash but literally the last four patches have broken more stuff and seemed to have fixed almost nothing.

aside from the graphics engine update which only makes this marginally look better, why are you guys even bothering to tinker with this game if you can’t repair the code right??

not to long after the single player challenges the game seemed to be at its best it functioned ok , we had some glitches but they were not terrible. It’s at its worse it’s been and steadily gone downhill for awhile.

can we please actually put some effort into ACTUALLY repairing the game or can you guys just figure out an older version that was more stable and had all the current content and just roll back to it?

sincerely, just another player tired of the game working worse than it had after updates since content was done being added....

not sure why my text is all white I copied and pasted it from a post in the wrong topic

4 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

not sure why my text is all white I copied and pasted it from a post in the wrong topic

At the bottom of the text window a little pop up saying ‘display as clear text’ will appear, click it. It only happens with pasted text.

The moment I saw the notification “this game needs an update” I kind of smirked & said, wonder what they broke this time ...

well, they completely broke the game this time imo. 

I must admit tho, it’s extremely fun basically teleporting in & out of windows without taking damage as a counselor while Jason shifts after you every 5 seconds.

Yeah they really broke it this time, I’m sick of it, they are basically ruining one of my favorite games. These issues would be IMMEDIATELY noticeable on a first run beta test, I think they are just tinkering with code and dumping it out, maybe we’ll see a follow up one to fix these but the last 2 updates were not even needed enough to warrant haphazard coding

23 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The engine upgrade/last bit of content was basically when it really started getting worse.

I say the game started going downhill when they ended meat shielding/body blocking while grabbing people in crowds as Jason. 

26 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I say the game started going downhill when they ended meat shielding/body blocking while grabbing people in crowds as Jason. 

Oh absolutely in terms of balance. Made grabbing in crowds or ANY scenario where Jason has to deal with more than one person impossible outside of a lucky quick kill. His only play is swinging or retreating. Also he had some godframes that I remember after a stun or PK which ended up being removed as well which gave him protection in crowds.

In terms of just things becoming consistently worse, I feel like the meter is moving much quicker at the point of the engine upgrade update.

The updates are slower, the bugs are worse are worse. I suppose this has been made worse by the content shutoff, because their performance in actually fixing the game both in a timely fashion and with consistency is being shown to be rather bad and without the content to distract from that or at least temporarily rejuvenate the playerbase. It leaves us where we are now.

For instance, if we had Uber/Grendel/Paranoia/Pajamas right now and say the announcement of new things. The game would have more replay-ability and even though they would still be getting killed for the bugs. Some would no doubt overlook that because the content was still coming.

This balance stuff was mostly noise, some of it led to good things

jason no stun after rage

jason multiple hit with one swing

counselor open basic locked doors

parts on map

tommy having gear on spawn

Most of the rest of it was just noise from people who didn’t like the difficulty of the game, should have by and large been totally ignored. Players were constantly trying to adapt to the changes and doing it well achieving their own balance

quick play has always been a crap shoot and only really useful to find friends for private games, there is no way to code “fair play”.

The car has been broken for ages, it still hasn’t been fixed, knives and spawns will flip it into oblivion. This is much more important than Jason not having enough traps or counselors not having enough knives.

one thing I always thought would be a cool change though is knives should become useless on traps, but the stick, the one thing that really has no use in the game should be somewhat rare and only located in the woods, this should have been the weapon to bust traps

Maybe one day when this game has been dislodged from its game servers, someone who is 15 will crack the game wide open and repair everything LMAO, create a way to host a personal server to function as a peer to peer linker.

its really to bad that one of the best ideas in gaming in the last 10 or 20 years is so ridden with bugs. However I find soooooo many games are full of bugs these days due to the ease of users getting patches and developers launching beta code to help fund further fixes and add ons

The engine upgrade was the start of the downhill shit show. Revert it back to the old engine! They said the only reason for the upgrade was to make it easier to improve the game. Clearly that isn’t the case. Because it’s the worst it’s ever been. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The engine upgrade was the start of the downhill shit show. Revert it back to the old engine! They said the only reason for the upgrade was to make it easier to improve the game. Clearly that isn’t the case. Because it’s the worst it’s ever been. 

Exactly, many games still use the old engine and work just fine. I saw some detail and contrast improvement that was nice but it was overshadowed a million times by much more broken code, and after that everything was supposed to be geared to fixing bugs.

i think somewhere there is a technology institute that has a class called “game debugging” and they are being tasked to repair this .... lol

1 hour ago, AshTray900 said:

one thing I always thought would be a cool change though is knives should become useless on traps, but the stick, the one thing that really has no use in the game should be somewhat rare and only located in the woods, this should have been the weapon to bust traps

Don't diss the Sacred Branch!!!
   Really, there are so many sticks on a map that this would make traps useless other than as an alarm. Using the pocket knife to disarm it without giving Jason a warning needs to be there... and needs to be fairly limited. Using pocket knives on it make sense for this... and for balance... Using the Sacred Branch to spring a trap makes it too easy to trip all of Jason's traps... warning or not. And yes, I am aware of players using thick skin and medic to tank traps... I play Part IV with his paltry 3 traps and do just fine with it as is.... and I am against giving more traps to any Jason variant.

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The engine upgrade was not the start of the shit show... it started long before that. I cannot remember a patch that did not add new bugs to the game and some of them, even before the upgrade were pretty annoying.
   Also, making the game easier to fix was not the only reason for the upgrade... there was another reason... Dedicated servers on consoles, which was a MASSIVE concern for all console players before they finally got them... Reverting it back would cause far more of a shit storm from console players that would no longer have functioning dedicated servers. It would also throw all of the fixes that did work since then out the window... and there were many fixes that did work since then... Let alone the content that we did get with the upgrade would now be gone.
    Reverting back is a bad idea for many reasons... But this patch that is now live on consoles... that should be reverted back to what it was before this patch until they fix the two biggest issues with it... Super Shifty Jason and animation canceling for counselors... both of which are huge issues and should be top priority.

Reverting back to the old engine would mean so long to dedicated servers. I agree the game seems like the biggest shit-show it's possibly ever been in terms of bugs/annoyances, but none of that kills the experience faster than a salty host pulling the plug on the whole match. Every time someone cowards out just before I kill them I still instantly remember what it was like when the whole screen went black and the match was over for everyone. That's one thing the engine upgrade definitely made better.

As for now though, I'd like to propose they start a new crowdfunding project. Raise enough money to send this game over to Rockstar or Capcom for about six weeks. Either would probably do more for it in that time than we've seen in two years between Illfonic and Black Tower. I was halfway joking as I was typing this paragraph, but hell, sounds like a good idea all of a sudden.

I keep forgetting dedicated servers bc I never use quick play on Xbox.

whatever they do I’m kinda getting worn out on this, playing right now and having double the amount of issues as before, makes me wonder what in the hell are these guys even doing, why bother to update, just walk away you screw it up every time, an abandoned game is better than a broke one....

id use some more colorful metaphors for this update crew but I’m just going to leave it at that.

at one time we had a pretty decent working game, this is getting closer and closer to looking like the wannabe Friday the 13th game tried for windows xp and had like three single player boards

I'm usually pretty passive about fixes, I can laugh at them but after the last patch I'm actually annoyed. It is the worst state since I started playing in '17. 

I've experienced in a handful of matches new bugs everytime, some game breakers too -

Counselor locking up, cannot interact with anything until randomly bash buttons to unlock again. 

random spawn in,

hid under a bed but when I came out my camera was in a static position while my character was running around off screen. 

Bear traps don't work anymore unless you piss about now. 

Counselors jumping through windows and landing on their feet. 

There's so many more but I feel its a waste of time listing them here, I don't have all day lol.

The game is in awful state and these patches should never of seen the light of day. 

THE WHOLE TEAM working on the game need to step it up, it's truly shambolic and we've regressed since 2017 dramatically - has this ever happened in the history of game development? 

• Haha 1