Ok firstly I'd like to say that apart from all of the bugs filling the game and sometimes making it unplayable, I still love this game. The bugs at times are annoying and can result in watching someone remain under the map for 10 minutes, but sometimes they can be hilarious like the car flipping one. I play this game a lot and think I have a few good ideas on how to improve the game mechanics and game as a whole. 

1. Counsellors cannot leave the match until they are killed or die. Countless times have players left just as I am about to kill them as Jason or if they are near death or mid grab. This is a massive d*** move. I think the quit button should be unselectable to currently alive counsellors but once the player has died, then they can select quit. If a player really wants to leave so badly they should either kill them self from a broken window, jump from an upstairs window or just shutdown the game/console.
2. Vote to kick. Teaming is a massive problem in this game. If you are unaware of what this is, it is essentially when 2 or more people in a party help out the person playing as Jason by revealing counsellor locations, holding onto key items such as the fuse and basically doing anything to prevent the counsellors from escaping/winning. I play most days with a group of four friends and we never cheat. On a few occasions we have teamed up to kill previous "teamers" (if they cheated in a previous match as they sort of deserved it) and they almost always leave immediately after. 
I propose to add a vote to kick feature. It would be better if only counsellors can vote to kick other counsellors (if Jason could vote he would probably try to kick skilled counsellor players). Secondly Jason can not be kicked, kicking Jason would only end the game but at least kicking his counsellor "teamer" would stop the cheating . Ofcourse Jason could still leave the match, but having this feature would decrease the chances of teaming in the first place. If half of the lobby agrees to kick the player then they should be successfully removed from the game. In an extremely rare case you could be in a lobby with an almost full party cheating and there's not really much you can do so just find another game.
3. Change in pre-game lobby. Every single and I mean every single lobby there is always at least 1 person that doesn't ready up. 
My first possible suggestion would be to shorten the lobby time. On top of waiting for everyone to ready up and the loading screen, it can sometimes take an excess of 4+ minutes to get into gameplay making it rather tedious. Additionally if the lobby is full, begin the load game countdown. People may complain about not being able look at there perks/unlocks etc but the lobby isn't a place for you to hold everyone up and equip your newly gained perk to every counsellor. If you want to sort your unlocks out leave the lobby and find another match or be quicker. Alternately you could allow players to ready up and still glance at their unlocks, although I assume it is built this way to prevent players losing newly acquired items just as the match begins to load.

These are some of the major issues I have with the game and hopefully something will be done about it.

23 minutes ago, DuskandHerEmbrace said:

2. Vote to kick

First off, welcome to the forums. Happy to have you join us.

All very good suggestions, but the one I referenced here, there have been several discussions on the forums about voting to kick. In theory, it would be great. See a group of teamers, everyone vote them out and gameplay resumes. Unfortunately, the teamers would ultimately abuse the system. It would be possible for them to vote anyone out that wasn't teaming with them. You can bet your bottom dollar, if there's a way for toxic players to spoil something, they are going to do it. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I know its been mentioned a few times I just thought I would say it again in hopes of it being implemented.

But hear me out, I still think we would be better off having it seeing as most teamers are mostly in partys of two or three (at least as far as I have seen). So there are 8 players 1 Jason and 7 Counsellors.
- Only counsellors can vote to kick as a Jason could potentially manipulate the system.   
- When someone is voted to be kicked a little notification pops up informing all counsellors of the pending player to be kicked.
- The number of kicks required could be something like the number of counsellors - 3 = kicks required. In the case of matches coming to an end with only 3 players remaining I think at this point there is no real need for kicking anyone.

13 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Unfortunately, the teamers would ultimately abuse the system. It would be possible for them to vote anyone out that wasn't teaming with them.

also teamers voting to kick anyone who doesn't cooperate sort of negates the point of them teaming in the first place right? I don't think there out there playing to sire new accomplices, they just want to kill everyone else first. Like I said they are mostly parties of 2 or 3, what would be the point of a 6 vs 1?

I cant imagine it'd be too difficult or time consuming to implement but I can say it definitely does more good than harm, take a look at RS6 Siege, GTA V and Payday 2 for example.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, DuskandHerEmbrace said:

Countless times have players left just as I am about to kill them as Jason or if they are near death or mid grab.

You are correct, this is a massive dick move... But you cannot stop players from disconnecting from the internet, which will force them out of the game. These are players that simply cannot handle dying in a game... so they disconnect the moment it looks like they have no chance to get away from you. You do get credit for the kill if they disconnect after the kill animation begins, but that is the best we can hope for on that one.

I play most days with a group of four friends and we never cheat. On a few occasions we have teamed up to kill previous "teamers" (if they cheated in a previous match as they sort of deserved it) and they almost always leave immediately after. 

I often play with friends as well, and I boot people that get into my group if they try to cheat in any way... I also boot them if they get rude with anybody, whether I know the person they get rude with or not... I despise assholes of all kinds. But I can only boot people from my group... not the lobby. I will leave the lobby to do this to force them to find another lobby as well.
   The vote to kick option has been suggested a few times and at this point I doubt we would get it anyway... Vote to kick also has a huge potential for abuse... and is the reason why I have not played Left 4 dead 2 in a very long time. People's reasoning for initiating a vote to kick can get pretty ridiculous... and some players just run with the vote.
   Your best option really is just to leave with your group of friends and find another lobby... let the trolls play with trolls and see how they like it. When you do this, give it a moment before hitting quick play again... or you may just end up in the same lobby, with the same assholes again.

Every single and I mean every single lobby there is always at least 1 person that doesn't ready up. 

This does not happen in every lobby for me... but it does happen in many lobbies. People often will get rude and demand that others ready up... and this usually leads to that player not bothering to ready up at all. Personally, I ask politely for them to press the shiny, candy like red button that says "ready"... No one can resist the shiny, candy like red button... but if one other person gets rude about it... they refuse to ready up anyway... Non of us take orders very well and you cannot force anyone to do what you want them to do... but asking politely often works.

I do think that the timer could be shortened a bit... and it could also stop adding 45 seconds when someone joins near the end of the count down. But sometimes, people need a few seconds to change counselors, or perks, or change their Jason variant or a couple grab kills on the Jason they have selected. NO ONE should be forced out of a lobby because they want to make a few changes... and this alone would lead to abuse of the vote to kick system because someone was impatient... remember, you cannot select you counselor or your Jason until you are in a lobby... and that last player to join has just as much of a right to change his preference as the first person to join... and they may need a few seconds to do this.

They allow "rolling for perks" in the lobby... and I think that should be disabled in the lobby... If someone wants to roll perks, then they should not waste the time of other players to do so. But changing perks, counselor selection, Jason selection and his grab kills need to be there... no one wants to play with the same grab kills all night either. But some people out there need to remember... people are waiting to play... and need to move it along.
    The whole "vote to kick" thing would be abused right here... some one who forgot to ready up and is not listening to the chat due to a real life issue that they need to deal with quickly, such as a bathroom break... vote to kick... Someone changing their grab kills and not readying up... vote to kick... Someone changing their counselor... vote to kick. And yes... sometimes VERY late in the countdown someone will notice their counselor preference is on random and they need to unready and change it... this is no reason to kick anyone... but they would receive a vote to kick from every impatient player in the lobby.
    Vote to kick the wrong person and his entire group goes with him... now you are waiting even longer for the lobby to fill up again. There are many reasons not to bother implementing this... just as there are many reasons to implement it... but the reasons not to have a vote to kick quickly out weigh the reasons to actually have it in this particular game.

Also... Welcome to the forums!

To follow up on the leaving mid game suggestion, I understand it is rather harsh restricting players who genuinely need to leave so I propose an alternate/additional idea. Maybe there needs to be a bigger deterrent when quitting mid game, sure you don't get as much xp but I believe it was in Halo 3 or Halo Reach where if you left mid game your rank would decrease. Its not a massive kick in the nuts but it could stop potential leavers. Also I don't know what happens when you leave mid game but maybe you should lose all xp earned from the current match with a clear message stating so.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I do think that the timer could be shortened a bit... and it could also stop adding 45 seconds when someone joins near the end of the count down.

I second this, I understand that the timer needs to be long enough for people to fill the lobby but theirs definitely an annoyance to someone joining during the countdown.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Vote to kick the wrong person and his entire group goes with him

Yeah I understand the bad it can cause but maybe a trail run of sorts is needed (we never truly know the effects until something is field tested). I also forgot to mention that kicking in lobbies should not be permitted because of the issues you stated and I 100% agree.

But, this is like, my opinion man

People use Alt F4 to quit the game, which closes the program automatically and brings them back to the desktop, which can rob you from a kill. I can understand if people are playing against a Jason who clearly cheats, but I'd seen it habitually from 150 players and lower. Players should get credit for the kill if they leave when grabbed, animation or not. Slashing is another story, no way to track that. Best hope is to finish them with a throwing knife before they quit.

7 hours ago, DuskandHerEmbrace said:

I understand it is rather harsh restricting players who genuinely need to leave so I propose an alternate/additional idea. 

There is also a problem that many people have with the game crashing for no apparent reason... this would penalize ALL of them as well. Not the way to go here... you cannot just throw penalties out for something like this when there is a genuine problem with the game that will make it appear to others that you left on purpose... and no way to distinguish between the two.
    Also... why should we be penalized if we do not want to play with the toxic asshats that we all run into from time to time?.. No one should be forced into playing with anyone they do not want to play with... and you do not know that someone is a toxic asshole until they open their mouths and let you know.

I second this, I understand that the timer needs to be long enough for people to fill the lobby but theirs definitely an annoyance to someone joining during the countdown.

It is annoying when that happens... but if that last player to join needs to choose a counselor, or a Jason variant... and cannot chose, they will usually quit and find another lobby with enough time to do this... and they would be fully within their rights to do so... Many players only like to play certain counselors or Jason variants... and you can only make your choice in the lobby... So I understand why they get another 45 seconds... but that could still be cut in half in my opinion.

we never truly know the effects until something is field tested

In many circumstances I would say this is true.... but when you already know how the player base reacts, things like this are pretty easy to predict... Much like the counselor animation cancel that came with the patch that neutralizes damage going through broken windows... The player base's behavior was easy to predict with that as well.

But, this is like, my opinion man

Opinions are all fine and dandy, and we all have the right to our opinion... But an opinion that is well informed throws out an opinion that is not informed every time. These issues have been discussed a lot here over the lifetime of the game.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

People use Alt F4 to quit the game, which closes the program automatically and brings them back to the desktop, which can rob you from a kill. I can understand if people are playing against a Jason who clearly cheats, but I'd seen it habitually from 150 players and lower. Players should get credit for the kill if they leave when grabbed, animation or not. Slashing is another story, no way to track that. Best hope is to finish them with a throwing knife before they quit.

Indeed, why should we be penalized for leaving a game with hackers or teamers... or people glitching on the roof tops to drag the match out? No one enjoys playing with cheaters of any kind, and we should never be penalized for not wanting to play the game with assholes.
   I would also take the kill credit one step further though, and give Jason the kill credit if someone disconnects within say fifteen feet of him... this in no way hurts the player that disconnected. But I also think Jason should get credit for suicides... it is not like they would have suicided if Jason was not around... so he is indirectly involved in their death anyway... and this does nothing to hurt that player either... And both of these options stop quitters and suiciders from robbing Jason of kills that he probably would have got anyway.

@mattshotcha Can you talk to the devs about a possibility of when someone kills themselves or others via trap, it's not listed as a suicide, but as being murdered by Jason?

• Like 1