Jump to content
TimDuke 01

Found this on Reddit,Opinions .Validity?

Recommended Posts

@Ahab  you remember 100% correctly.

I was never able to play as Uber and have been playing since launch, he was never available for console players or P/C even accidentally.

Using Uber was only possible with hacking on P/C.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As stated already, Uber was never available to anyone on console.  It was only available to those who "hacked" the files on PC who gained access to him. 

There were threads about it back when it first happened around here about people on PC that I remember.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Ahab  you remember 100% correctly.

I was never able to play as Uber and have been playing since launch, he was never available for console players or P/C even accidentally.

Using Uber was only possible with hacking on P/C.

I've been playing since launch day as well. I've never seen any legit Uber Jason access.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I've been playing the game since Early June of 17. You are correct the only way to play as the real deal Uber is if you had the winmm.dll file. and it didn't last very long. I do recall though very briefly they did accidentally have a build that had LAN  and Lazarus and sandbox and that went away very quickly.

   I remember seeing the LAN mode and Lazarus Experience and the Sandbox mode in the menu after an update, but I didn't even get a chance to look at it further before the game was updated and they were removed... But I imagine there are a few people out there who had time to take a look at them.
   I do not use reddit myself or I would go on there and call this guy out for his B.S. Blatant fabrications do not point towards an honest person... and this claim about Uber Jason IS a blatant fabrication. His post is meant to cause crap in an already volatile community... and nothing more.

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Ahab, you are 100% correct, no one who wasn’t cheating on PC had access.
I really don’t believe any of it, even the parts that have truth are only there to support the lies. It’s grade school level bs.

    There are a few kernels of truth in the reddit post, but that glaring falsehood right at the being makes it clear that this was designed to stir the community into a frenzy. Trolls will be trolls... fortunately, trolls are not overly bright or they would not be trolls... and they are usually pretty lazy.
    Hiding lies among a few truths works... But only on people that do not remember what actually happened... and on those who cannot or will not look into it for themselves. We are only told so much about anything... and it is perfectly understandable as to why this is, but many things we know to be fact.
    If people questioned everything they were told... and did their research... we would NEVER have issues like this... But too many people hear something that rhymes up with what they already think is correct and run with it... without questioning it. ALWAYS question everything... it is the only way to the truth... and the truth will set us free.

13 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Nobody got to play Uber Jason, and I have no more information about him than anyone else does.

This person posting on Reddit makes bold claims, but obviously you can't take it as proof until the source is proven reliable. For that reason, I wouldn't listen to what this person is saying. I will leave this thread open for the time being, but be aware that what's been claimed could be claimed by anyone.

   I did not think anyone on consoles got to play Uber Jason at all. I am pretty sure this was a PC only issue. But I thought you may remember going through some of those old threads.
   The reddit poster did do "some" research and got a few things correct... But the glaring falsehood at the beginning of the post makes everything else that there is ANY uncertainty of very questionable. I never believe anything without proof... but there are many people who will believe it and not question it unfortunately... But when someone starts with a lie... to me, it makes everything else look like a lie as well... other than those bits we know are true.

    I hope you can leave this thread open. It calls into question every part of the reddit post that we do not already know is true... and crap like that needs to be called into question. We must demand proof for any claim that has not already been proven true or false.
    My question to Matt earlier in this thread could also throw a wrench into this guys claims if he answered... because if they did not give all this information to any of their artists... then it proves the reddit poster's claim to where he got this information false... It could also narrow down who this is if they did hand out this information to certain individuals. But this could also be something Matt is not allowed to discuss with us... If so, I understand... Either way I will not push him on the issue.

@OCT 31 1978, @SirMang & @Fair Play, I have to tag you here as well... so I can say thank you to everyone at once for your replies on this... I knew I couldn't be the only person to remember this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BFizzle said:

Makes sense to me.

   Which? The reddit post, or the FACT that it begins with a blatant lie?... I am genuinely curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ahab said:

  I remember seeing the LAN mode and Lazarus Experience and the Sandbox mode in the menu after an update, but I didn't even get a chance to look at it further before the game was updated and they were removed... But I imagine there are a few people out there who had time to take a look at them.

Yep that's exactly what I remember it was up and gone within hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Yep that's exactly what I remember it was up and gone within hours

   Indeed, this constitutes the quickest hotfix in this games history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost Jason / NHA content was never scheduled or approved for the game. We weren't even allowed to call my kill "Never Hike Alone" as originally planned. It was renamed "Free Kick" because of legal reasons and also because it is a more fitting name. 

I did ask Randy and Ronnie about what it would take to get into the game. I was told that they would welcome it if it was legally and financially possible. At the time, it was not and that is obviously still the case. 

In alternate universe where Sean and Victor didn't hold fans over the fire to settle their grudge and Gun was allowed to finish their que of licensed material, there would have been a time where we could have reopened this topic for further discussion. That's not saying we would have made it in, it's just saying it was notable enough to be considered.

I believe with the right amount of support and a crowdfunding campaign, we could have made a strong case for an NHA expansion pack. 

  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I believe with the right amount of support and a crowdfunding campaign, we could have made a strong case for an NHA expansion pack. 

You would have had it brother. Thanks for the information too, facts are priceless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

We weren't even allowed to call my kill "Never Hike Alone" as originally planned. It was renamed "Free Kick" because of legal reasons and also because it is a more fitting name. 

I find that both amusing and interesting, seeing how one of the gravestones in Higgins Haven has a direct quote from Nightmare on Elm Street. And an achievement has another quote, from Army of Darkness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damnenchiladas said:

I believe with the right amount of support and a crowdfunding campaign, we could have made a strong case for an NHA expansion pack.

That would have been awesome if it could have happened.

48 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I find that both amusing and interesting, seeing how one of the gravestones in Higgins Haven has a direct quote from Nightmare on Elm Street. And an achievement has another quote, from Army of Darkness. 

That's quality attention to detail.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing sadly is, someone i know on discord hacked into the files recently, and alot of this is actually true, including paranoia and VC3.        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's quality attention to detail.

What I meant was how weird copyright laws can be.

I remember before the game came out and people had a few discussions here about having horror references in the game, which we didn't think could happen, and yet here they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

What I meant was how weird copyright laws can be.

I remember before the game came out and people had a few discussions here about having horror references in the game, which we didn't think could happen, and yet here they are. 

I consider it pretty classy when one references certain things in a video game. You've got to respect the passion and commitment of anyone who takes the time to do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

The thing sadly is, someone i know on discord hacked into the files recently, and alot of this is actually true, including paranoia and VC3.        

   Some of it is true, which we know from what we have seen and have been told... Some is not verified at all, and being the reddit post starts with a blatant lie... it is hard to believe ANY part that is not verified. It is always easier to pass a lie off when it is surrounded with even just a couple of facts... When someone that questions everything and wants proof before taking it seriously... then it becomes ridiculously easy to call out as a fraud... which it is.
   The reddit post was put out there to cause dissention and NOTHING more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

   Some of it is true, which we know from what we have seen and have been told... Some is not verified at all, and being the reddit post starts with a blatant lie... it is hard to believe ANY part that is not verified. It is always easier to pass a lie off when it is surrounded with even just a couple of facts... When someone that questions everything and wants proof before taking it seriously... then it becomes ridiculously easy to call out as a fraud... which it is.
   The reddit post was put out there to cause dissention and NOTHING more.

I have a screenshot someone posted in discord of an item ingame that’s a pair of roys clothing with his mask on top. Similar to the sweater pickup you recieveved the ability to hit a when picking it up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

I have a screenshot someone posted in discord of an item ingame that’s a pair of roys clothing with his mask on top. Similar to the sweater pickup you recieveved the ability to hit a when picking it up....

   I actually have not seen that one... Perhaps that was intended to be used in killing Roy with Paranoia mode or something... or it could be fake. We may never know. But why would Roy's mask be with his clothes?... perhaps this could have been something meant for a future virtual cabin... or like I said... It could be a fake... Fan art is a thing... and some of them look like they were screenshots taken from the game.
   There are lots of fake screenshots made with photoshop and other programs that I have seen... @Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales has posted quite a few in the steam community that he has created and some of them look great... His "Ghost Jason" from Part V with the worms hanging out of the mask would have been a nice addition to the game... but they were created by him... not GUN. Many others have done stuff like this too of varying quality... But Spaghetti Salesman has some really good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ahab said:

   I actually have not seen that one... Perhaps that was intended to be used in killing Roy with Paranoia mode or something... or it could be fake. We may never know. But why would Roy's mask be with his clothes?... perhaps this could have been something meant for a future virtual cabin... or like I said... It could be a fake... Fan art is a thing... and some of them look like they were screenshots taken from the game.
   There are lots of fake screenshots made with photoshop and other programs that I have seen... @Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales has posted quite a few in the steam community that he has created and some of them look great... His "Ghost Jason" from Part V with the worms hanging out of the mask would have been a nice addition to the game... but they were created by him... not GUN. Many others have done stuff like this too of varying quality... But Spaghetti Salesman has some really good ones.

Actually, I just ripped files from the game earlier, I wanted to use some sound files for a video, and I can confirm, they were for paranoia. 

Theres a whole section for different items and stuff, and one of them (more like the same thing but with 8 different version titles), was Roy’s mask and jumpsuit, and it was labeled that it was meant for it, so we can confirm that I guess, either way there’s alot of different stuff in the files leftover that’s cool to see

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know for certain the pajama clothing pack was real. There were photos leaked of all the original counselors in their pajamas, yes it could have been for challenges but why create clothing for ALL of them and not release them as DLC? We only saw Tiffany's even though every counselor had an outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...