TimDuke 01

Found this on Reddit,Opinions .Validity?

“Interesting read, I’d like any proof this guy thinks he has, to be reviewed by an impartial body.” Said some mad person under their breath.

I think it’s speculation, almost a form of story telling, but that’s just my opinion. If he has proof I’d seriously like to see it though... Paranoia is my white fucking whale, just tell me what it was going to be already.

(Not going to do shouting text but you can picture my voice rising as I speak that last line.)

Thanks for posting is this @TimDuke 01. It is interesting fantasy.

If you read the comments following the post the guy "claims" he was one of the visual artist so a disgruntled former employee spilling the beans ?

All very interesting. I also think most of it is speculation... as a former visual artist this poster should easily be able to prove his statements....and yet.....doesn’t.

This reddit post will spark a pretty lively discussion here on the forum.

I'd be curious as to what the developers have to say on the matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

All very interesting. I also think most of it is speculation... as a former visual artist this poster should easy be able to prove his statements....and yet.....doesn’t.

I mean an NDA is pretty standard in an industry like this. Speaking on it like he did is risky but posting proof could potentially lead it back to him. I agree take it with a grain of salt but its not like this all doesn't fit the timeline of events pretty good. 

Interesting read of course, but there are a few things I don't buy. Why would they work on a FvJ and remake Jason knowing they probably wouldn't be able to release them?

As for the single player challenge every two months, I'd be all for that, but if they really mocapped kills for that, hackers would have already found them. 

@TimDuke 01 Right at the beginning of it... and I quote... "There was a mistake Gun Media made a while ago that unlocked Jason X for people to be playable, and I forget exactly what level he was unlocked at, but his current unlock level at that time was just a placeholder."
    This one we know to be false... and it is right at the start of his post. Uber Jason was NOT unlocked for everyone due to a mistake... he was unlocked ONLY for players that were using a DLC unlocker… and NOBODY else. This was spoken of here at the time... and if you knew anyone that was using a DLC unlocker at the time... then you already know this.

Jason X... the pre-uber uber Jason... not a single mention did we ever get about him being added that I can remember... nor was he in the virtual cabin... which did have Uber Jason.

I do remember @damnenchiladas saying something about his ghost Jason "possibly" being added at some point before the cease and desist... which could not happen after the cease and desist... but I do not remember him EVER mentioning anything about a map based on his fan film. If he ever comes back to the forums... and is allowed to speak of it, perhaps we will hear something from him... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Lazarus Experience... Very little was ever mentioned about that beyond some of us here speculating that it may end up as part of a future virtual cabin... and some of us wondering how killing Jason would work if it were a regular gameplay map.

Sandbox mode... who knows... a few players may have gotten into it that time it came up on the menu in an update... but not unless they were quick enough. I do not remember reading anything credible about that... but what is described there sounds like what I would have expected out of it. I believe this is also where we found out about the Lazarus Experience.

As to Paranoia... and @Slasher_Clone you may remember this too... and everyone should have a white whale, just to know how it feels... but the original trailers for it had the dots... and one was the same color as the chevrons on Roy's mask... and it asked the question... "Who is 5."
     Roy was released after it was announced we would not be getting Paranoia mode... so most of what is said here could be true... But one or two questions... Why would this game mode only have 7 players when the standard is 8? Why would they drop one player for this mode? That makes no sense to me... it would break up players that have a full lobby of friends and force them to pick one to kick just to play it. And why would shift be taken away... also makes no sense if you ask just one more question... How the fuck would Jenny catch Vanessa if she were the killer?... Once again, makes no sense.

Kill Packs for all the other Jason variants is a no brainer... and the mo-cap videos of Kane Hodder performing several of these kills (whether for kill packs or more grab kills) was released... so we know work was done on them... at least as far as the mo-cap for some of them anyway.
    Attempts to add Freddy vs Jason variant of Jason was shot down a long time ago as they could not get the rights for that one.
    I do not remember ever reading about the possibility of a map for Part 9, but it is possible that it may have been more than a sparkle in Jason's eye.
    The lingerie clothing pack... well let's just say some of what was "leaked" there looks exactly like certain clothing variants in the single player challenges.... and no one ever uses all of their concept art. So it was probably more like leaked concept art... not a leaked clothing pack.... But who knows? We have no confirmation on this wither way.
    Futuristic and Christmas clothing packs... The futuristic clothing pack makes sense if the Grendel and Uber Jason had been released... I remember reading something about it, but nothing official... I also remember reading about a speculative Christmas clothing pack... but nothing official... mentions of that that I can remember were along the lines of... "no thank you" to put it politely.
    The devs did say something about more single player challenges coming before the cease and desist came through... but I do not remember a time frame for them, and new challenges every two months?... Just the two months here tells me this is a joke.
    I do not remember reading or hearing anything about new items, a fanny pack to carry one more item... or new variants on the tapes. So who knows on that one.

His reasons for stopping new content are laughable... just with what he claims was being worked on... Do you realize the man hours involved in making these things?... it adds up to a lot of money... money they will NEVER get back because they are not allowed to finish these things to add into the game. It is NOT lazy to cease work on nearly finished content... or even content that was far from being finished... it would be down right crazy and self destructive to do this... Throwing money down the drain is just stupid, and that is what this would amount to.
    The F13 puzzle game got a cease and desist... but F13 the game did not? Really?
     People tend to forget... If Miller does win... now he has to be paid... and another right holder to pay only the shadow knows how much he wants, was not in their budget... But wait, he does not have to be paid for anything that was completed before the cut off date... which is why you have a cut off date.

Just with the one blazing falsehood at the very beginning... I would say most of this is utter crap and made to stir up shit from the players again. Extraordinary claims DO NOT require extraordinary evidence... they just require... evidence... it DOES NOT need to be extraordinary evidence... and the writer here has ZERO evidence.
     But if you actually believe they threw all that work to the four winds... along with the money it cost to do it... without being told to cease and desist, which would be utterly insane... Then I have to ask... where is the proof?... The person who posted this has non... but that does not mean every bit of it is false either... but like I said, that one blazing falsehood at the beginning... and make no mistake... that one is outright false... does not make me lean towards taking any of this seriously. Hiding some falsehoods in with a few truths always makes them easier to swallow... and I am sure there are many who will believe every word of this person's claims... and there will also be many that cannot make it past four sentences... For once we can be grateful for people who do not read.

@OCT 31 1978 I did not know you were a former visual artist.... but here is a question for you. How many projects did you work on as a visual artist in which you were told EVERYTHING about the project you were working on?

@Fair Play People and companies affected by a lawsuit such as this are generally NOT allowed to discuss it... on ANY level... that simply is what it is... We may find out more when the dust settles... maybe... But not before that.
    All this shit is going to do is spark more hostility towards the devs… and NOTHING more. But only from brainless morons at least.

Sorry for the length of the post... lots of points to touch on.

@Ahab, when I said I was curious what the developers would have to say, I was referring to the concept of damage control. Whenever something like this comes out, someone from the company will likely try to get ahead of it and put it to rest. I wouldn't expect them to talk about anything outside of what they are authorized to say publicly

Could you not write any more posts in that color of font? It's a little hard to follow, as it's blending in with the background.

• Like 1

@Ahab

On all the projects I worked on....none of them told me everything they had planned for the projects....

The projects I worked on were for comic books and a Television series.....one of the commissioned works I did was designing characters for an Indy comic book turned Prose Novel.......I was only given concept ideas and characters names / species and examples of what the writers wanted from the world they wanted to create.....never complete story elements.....

I can’t speak for the Reddit poster as perhaps he worked closely with what the developers wanted to accomplish or had planned..... but typically in this field you are a work for hire that doesn’t even work in the developers office or with the developers hand and hand....you send your work in to them, they approve or request changes and you resubmit or move on to the next project or design...

Gun May have used an in house design team which is quite different then what I used to do..... that could explain the disgruntled theory, especially if they were let go.

Sounds like some truth sprinkled in with a lot of BS.

Generally that's the type of stuff you would do if you want to rile up people.

If you add truths to your lies, it makes people more susceptible to fall for the bullshit parts.  

And the best part is you need no proof of your bullshit! 

• Thanks 1

It does kinda make sense though, come to think of it. Remember when they accidentally released a devbuild with Lan mode, a Lazarus Experience and Sandbox mode? Either he remembered this or he may actually be telling some Kind of truth.

Definitely some truth sprinkled with some lies.

The bits about Lazurus being Virtual Cabin 3.0 teasing NHA Jason wouldn't surprise in the slightest considering it was one of the biggest PR misfires in their run already when they added a non replay value mode for a Jason and map that wasn't ready (Uber/Grendel). It would've shown they didn't learn from Virtual Cabin 2.0.

No Crystal Lake clothing pack also doesn't surprise me. Neither does what would surely be another dumb pack in the Xmas outfits.

Though they don't mention Grendel or the leaked Kay em lines.

I could've seen people raging hard over a fan made film getting a map before Part 6, Part 7, Part 8 or retro map. They would've gotten killed over that, but its something they would probably do.

Eh...truth and lies designed to rile up what's left of the community no doubt.

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Could you not write any more posts in that color of font? It's a little hard to follow, as it's blending in with the background.

Sorry... not sure how that happened and do not know what to do to fix it.
   You can highlight it to read it easier though.
   Bit of an edit... Ha! I fixed it!

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

On all the projects I worked on....none of them told me everything they had planned for the projects....

That is what I thought.
   It is possible that this artist was given more information than the norm... but just that would probably give away who it is if they are legitimately a disgruntled employee... How many could they have told this much info to?... and out of those... how many would be "disgruntled"? Some things are incredibly easy to narrow down with the right questions.

But all we need to do is ask @mattshotcha one question.... Did they gave any commercial artists that worked for Gun Media enough information about the upcoming content that was canceled to write this reddit post?... That question he could probably answer... if he chooses to answer. If his answer is no, well... the reddit post would be complete B.S. then... instead of just partial B.S.

But just the glaring falsehood right at the beginning is enough for me to know this reddit poster is full of crap and just trying to stir up shit in the community. When Uber Jason appeared with his space machete... right after the engine upgrade I believe it was... only people using a DLC unlocker had him. This was discussed in several threads at that time... and I talked to one person I know that had him... who thought everybody had Uber Jason. He was rather shocked when I asked him how long he had been using a DLC unlocker…. and at how I knew he was using one.
    With 5 minutes of research... the reddit poster could have found this out right here on this forum. Fortunately, trolls are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

@The Wolf with that Toast Welcome back Wolf.

• Like 1

Reading through this i looked at things that have been seen or heard from various sources. We know Jason X was already in development and was near done, there were kill packs done and seen via different video's such as the first trailer for the Ultimate Slasher Edition that was then edited and had them removed, as well as the data mined kills. Pre-uber was mentioned by Ronnie that he was a possibility, whether he was in development or not is unknown to my knowledge. We know there was Sandbox mode, the Lazerus Experience was filenamed VC 3.0 so that is very clear as to what it was going to be. Now one of the other things with regards to the lawsuit they could only release things that were already in development or done. An example of this was the part 2 kill pack which released after they announced no more content and was done as a silent drop. Now with that being said as i stated above that we saw part 3 kills that haven't been released in the first trailer for the Ultimate Slasher Edition trailer that were clearly done but still were never released. Also if you listened to Ronnie Hobbs interview on The Movie Crypt podcast he states that they were aware of the lawsuit and the time frame they had long before they ever mentioned it publicly to the community when the no more content announcement was made. I am not going to say that everything in the reddit post is true but if you take all the examples of what we do know and was can be proven it does lend credence to the post and the things mentioned.

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

@TimDuke 01 Right at the beginning of it... and I quote... "There was a mistake Gun Media made a while ago that unlocked Jason X for people to be playable, and I forget exactly what level he was unlocked at, but his current unlock level at that time was just a placeholder."
    This one we know to be false... and it is right at the start of his post. Uber Jason was NOT unlocked for everyone due to a mistake... he was unlocked ONLY for players that were using a DLC unlocker… and NOBODY else. This was spoken of here at the time... and if you knew anyone that was using a DLC unlocker at the time... then you already know this.

Actually there is some truth to that, Unless I'm reading the patch notes wrong. 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19874-patch-notes-060818/

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Actually there is some truth to that, Unless I'm reading the patch notes wrong. 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19874-patch-notes-060818/

There is ZERO truth to it. Search for Uber Jason using the search option and look for posts from the time it happened. This is going to take some time, there are A LOT of posts with Uber Jason mentioned in them... so try adding DLC unlocker to the search as well. EVERYONE that was not using a DLC unlocker DID NOT get access to Uber Jason. This is the same thing hackers were using to get access to Savini Jason, and other DLCs that they did not buy. IF you had him, then you were using a DLC unlocker, end of story.

They did patch it out so Uber Jason could not be used this way again... by removing the incomplete Uber Jason and his kills... That is it. They just did not elaborate about this in the patch notes... which is probably why the reddit poster thought this was how it happened... He did do his research on what was supposed to come for the most part... but apparently he is one of those people that stops at the first piece of information about it... just as you did... This piece of information did not give further details, for that he would have had to search a lot more... and read a whole lot more... An easy way to pick out a fraud is their own laziness.
    This was also a huge issue with people that wanted Uber Jason in game and there was a lot of us.... MANY of us saw him in game and it looked like he worked fine... but try to find someone that admitted to having him on the forums... That would be admitting to a bannable offense... Hacking parts of the game that cost  money when you are not paying for them IS THEFT. Very few people are dumb enough to admit doing this on the forums. Because of this, and issues with why we could not have Uber Jason... a lot of people started getting VERY rude in their posts and a lot of people were banned, and some of the posts deleted... but you will still find posts talking about this in certain threads if you use the search option as I suggested above.... Those were dark times on this forum... and for this game... and for the entire F13 franchise.

Let's ask a few people that have already commented here who were around at the time... without going overboard, so we will just ask the first four in the thread... @TimDuke 01 (I don't know if you were on these forums at the time, but you were in the steam community at this time were you not?), @Slasher_Clone, @OCT 31 1978 & @Fair Play… and let's also ask a moderator that was around at the time too... @Kodiak... When this happened, did ANY of you get the opportunity to play Uber Jason with his space machete kills?.... Why does it seem that I the only person who remembers this?

ANYONE else is also free to comment about this.

• Like 1

I've been playing the game since Early June of 17. You are correct the only way to play as the real deal Uber is if you had the winmm.dll file. and it didn't last very long. I do recall though very briefly they did accidentally have a build that had LAN  and Lazarus and sandbox and that went away very quickly.

• Thanks 1

@Ahab, you are 100% correct, no one who wasn’t cheating on PC had access. 

I really don’t believe any of it, even the parts that have truth are only there to support the lies. It’s grade school level bs.

• Thanks 1

Nobody got to play Uber Jason, and I have no more information about him than anyone else does.

This person posting on Reddit makes bold claims, but obviously you can't take it as proof until the source is proven reliable. For that reason, I wouldn't listen to what this person is saying. I will leave this thread open for the time being, but be aware that what's been claimed could be claimed by anyone.

• Thanks 3