Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I really wish I would’ve got it captured. But if I ever see a speedo dancing chad in the future I’ll definitely go for roadkill on him..... I know plenty of people here would get a laugh out of it. 

If and when you eventually record such, I've got plenty of popcorn and drinks. 😎

18 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

Nooooooo, I like to say that I'm just happy because we made Jason rage quit, no victory, just won the game... 😅

Wonderpets:

What's gonna work? TEAMMMMM work!

I was waiting for someone to make a Wonder Pets reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I was waiting for someone to make a Wonder Pets reference.

LOL, why 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

LOL, why 😂

If you have to ask, you'll never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Your internet is good.... I wonder why you can’t get into a game? Database isn’t down on steam again is it?? 

   I forgot to mention yesterday... No more problems connecting with the servers... and I changed nothing else other than what I mentioned earlier... after which, at the time... it still would not connect... but now it does. Weird. Not sure what caused the connection issue, but one day it didn't work, the next it did work.
   Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to play Jason and test out the throwing knives with all three mice. Perhaps tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The knife thing that @Ahab is describing.  The quick throw twirling in the air next to Jason's head has existed, for me, for at least the past 8 months.  It's funny.  It gives a fun sound.  The knives still hit the counselors anyway.  I'm on PS4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The knife thing that @Ahab is describing.  The quick throw twirling in the air next to Jason's head has existed, for me, for at least the past 8 months.  It's funny.  It gives a fun sound.  The knives still hit the counselors anyway.  I'm on PS4. 

    If you have the option, try a newer controller and see if it happens less. It seems to be how it is working for me... It happens way too much with my mouse with the faulty button... and not nearly as much with my other mouse that is just starting to show signs for failure on that button with other programs. 
    This wasn't funny when one mouse failed completely... and I had to use the crappy mouse. That glitch happened way more with the faulty button. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ahab said:

    If you have the option, try a newer controller and see if it happens less. It seems to be how it is working for me... It happens way too much with my mouse with the faulty button... and not nearly as much with my other mouse that is just starting to show signs for failure on that button with other programs. 
    This wasn't funny when one mouse failed completely... and I had to use the crappy mouse. That glitch happened way more with the faulty button. 

I have two controllers.  It does it on both. 

One controller is probably 3 years old and the other is from when I bought the console over 5 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 6:22 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I seen other bugs such as locked doors not actually being locked

This is actually part of the r2 cancel bug.

If you time it just right as you're locking a door, you can make it look like the door is locked when it actually isn't. Hopefully this info saves them some time. We don't need them chasing phantom bugs and breaking something else that they didn't need to touch in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

    If you have the option, try a newer controller and see if it happens less. It seems to be how it is working for me... It happens way too much with my mouse with the faulty button... and not nearly as much with my other mouse that is just starting to show signs for failure on that button with other programs. 
    This wasn't funny when one mouse failed completely... and I had to use the crappy mouse. That glitch happened way more with the faulty button. 

But what would a faulty button do to a knife? It's game code that controls throwing the knife, and the events. Not the controller, the controller is to tell the game what to do.

Edited by Nathan5226
Damn spelling errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SirMang said:

I have two controllers.  It does it on both. 

One controller is probably 3 years old and the other is from when I bought the console over 5 years ago. 

   You just gave the age of my primary mouse (5 years) and my secondary mouse (3 years). I didn't get into playing last night to try the new mouse... but remember, when a button is just starting to go faulty, it can be hard to spot.... I have gone through so many joysticks, controllers, keyboards and mice over my years of gaming it is not funny. Buttons fail... which can sometimes happen within months... and after having it happen to literally hundreds of different controllers (of all types) it becomes a bit easier to spot early on.
    Generally the button that is used the most, or mashed the most will fail first, but this is not always the case... With a mouse wheel for instance, there is and extra joint in it... you can not only press it as a button, but spin it back and forth... Multiple joints in anything will make it fail faster through usage.

    This is still speculation on my part of course... but the bug happens very consistently on the mouse that the button is totally screwed up on... and rarely on the mouse with the button just beginning to fail... In many programs, neither shows sign of failure... but in others it does not work at all or very rarely... and in some it works sometimes, and other times not at all.
     But IF I do not get this bug happening with the new mouse at all... and switch to the screwed up mouse and it happens in the same match just as often as any other time with that mouse, then that would point to this definitely having at least something to do with it. One game would still not be enough to say anything for sure... but I will try this for several Jason matches as soon as I can.

     As a side note... I do not get this bug happening on any of the three mice I am using if playing offline bots. So this could also be connected to latency issues in multiplayer... but I check pings a lot... and this still happens way more with the mouse that is really screwed up, and not so much with the mouse that is just beginning to have problems with that button... no matter if the pings are all low, or mostly high... Some problems have multiple causes, but taking just one of the culprits out of the equation and you just might not see the issue anymore.

    Remapping the button to another that you know for sure is not having an issue may also help if this is actually part of the issue... but only if that button is not also beginning to fail... Remember, nothing is built to last these days... Solid state was awesome, but all companies want you to buy more than one of their product in your lifetime... so no one builds anything that lasts for long periods of time anymore... solid state taught them that... that shit lasted forever. I still know people with working solid state VHS players (which makes these players older than most people here)... and one of them survived a two pumpkins melting on it and soaking the inside (although it did need to be cleaned after each)... and a fire a year after the second pumpkin melt... and it still works.

Edit... didn't see your post...
@Nathan5226 If the signal from the controller is interrupted in any way... by say a faulty button that is not making the connection in the way it was meant to be recognized by the program... it will cause issues. In the case of the game coding not knowing what to do with a sporadic signal sent from any type of controller it can and will cause issues with the program that you do not see if there is no problem with the signal from the controller.
    There has to actually be a reason why this happens all the time with a mouse that has a known fault in the button... and not nearly as often with a mouse that has signs of this button failing in other programs.
     I understand that many people may not even recognize a problem like this early on... but the program in question will... and it will cause issues.
     This was enough for me to buy a new mouse... as I know both are failing... I just have not had the opportunity to see if this issue persists with the new mouse yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ahab said:

   You just gave the age of my primary mouse (5 years) and my secondary mouse (3 years). I didn't get into playing last night to try the new mouse... but remember, when a button is just starting to go faulty, it can be hard to spot.... I have gone through so many joysticks, controllers, keyboards and mice over my years of gaming it is not funny. Buttons fail... which can sometimes happen within months... and after having it happen to literally hundreds of different controllers (of all types) it becomes a bit easier to spot early on.
    Generally the button that is used the most, or mashed the most will fail first, but this is not always the case... With a mouse wheel for instance, there is and extra joint in it... you can not only press it as a button, but spin it back and forth... Multiple joints in anything will make it fail faster through usage.

    This is still speculation on my part of course... but the bug happens very consistently on the mouse that the button is totally screwed up on... and rarely on the mouse with the button just beginning to fail... In many programs, neither shows sign of failure... but in others it does not work at all or very rarely... and in some it works sometimes, and other times not at all.
     But IF I do not get this bug happening with the new mouse at all... and switch to the screwed up mouse and it happens in the same match just as often as any other time with that mouse, then that would point to this definitely having at least something to do with it. One game would still not be enough to say anything for sure... but I will try this for several Jason matches as soon as I can.

     As a side note... I do not get this bug happening on any of the three mice I am using if playing offline bots. So this could also be connected to latency issues in multiplayer... but I check pings a lot... and this still happens way more with the mouse that is really screwed up, and not so much with the mouse that is just beginning to have problems with that button... no matter if the pings are all low, or mostly high... Some problems have multiple causes, but taking just one of the culprits out of the equation and you just might not see the issue anymore.

    Remapping the button to another that you know for sure is not having an issue may also help if this is actually part of the issue... but only if that button is not also beginning to fail... Remember, nothing is built to last these days... Solid state was awesome, but all companies want you to buy more than one of their product in your lifetime... so no one builds anything that lasts for long periods of time anymore... solid state taught them that... that shit lasted forever. I still know people with working solid state VHS players (which makes these players older than most people here)... and one of them survived a two pumpkins melting on it and soaking the inside (although it did need to be cleaned after each)... and a fire a year after the second pumpkin melt... and it still works.

Edit... didn't see your post...
@Nathan5226 If the signal from the controller is interrupted in any way... by say a faulty button that is not making the connection in the way it was meant to be recognized by the program... it will cause issues. In the case of the game coding not knowing what to do with a sporadic signal sent from any type of controller it can and will cause issues with the program that you do not see if there is no problem with the signal from the controller.
    There has to actually be a reason why this happens all the time with a mouse that has a known fault in the button... and not nearly as often with a mouse that has signs of this button failing in other programs.
     I understand that many people may not even recognize a problem like this early on... but the program in question will... and it will cause issues.
     This was enough for me to buy a new mouse... as I know both are failing... I just have not had the opportunity to see if this issue persists with the new mouse yet.

Ahhhhh OK I see, thanks for explaining 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Ahhhhh OK I see, thanks for explaining 😅

    No problem.
   Just for future reference... you do not have to quote the entire post... When it is a long post, quoting the whole thing just makes it take longer to scroll through the thread. A simple tag like @Nathan5226 is enough to get someone's attention... or you can just highlight and quote relevant sections to get someone's attention.

   Quoting things in this way is good sometimes.... like when you are dealing with a troll that tends to go back and edit things out of their older posts in an attempt to make someone else look stupid... or to make someone else look like the troll... Their edits will note change in what parts you do quote... so we have to ask who they are really making look stupid by doing this... I have had a few trolls try to do that to me, but it NEVER works out well for them. The moderators around here actually go back and look to see who started the problem... Which is far more than I can say about the steam community.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, Somethin Cool said:

This is actually part of the r2 cancel bug.

If you time it just right as you're locking a door, you can make it look like the door is locked when it actually isn't. Hopefully this info saves them some time. We don't need them chasing phantom bugs and breaking something else that they didn't need to touch in the first place. 

Thank you for this. I actually just deleted it from the list entirely. As long as ur sure it’s apart of the R2 cancel bug. I trust ur word

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 5:08 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I take a lot of time to make this thread yet still no response? @mattshotcha

We are working on the fix for the Jason Abilities and Counselor Animation Interrupt. As of right now, that's the team's focus. 

Before we can jump into anything on this list, we need to get through the rapid patch. That's all the response I have at this time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, Ahab said:

This is still speculation on my part of course... but the bug happens very consistently on the mouse that the button is totally screwed up on... and rarely on the mouse with the button just beginning to fail... In many programs, neither shows sign of failure... but in others it does not work at all or very rarely... and in some it works sometimes, and other times not at all.
     But IF I do not get this bug happening with the new mouse at all... and switch to the screwed up mouse and it happens in the same match just as often as any other time with that mouse, then that would point to this definitely having at least something to do with it. One game would still not be enough to say anything for sure... but I will try this for several Jason matches as soon as I can.

     As a side note... I do not get this bug happening on any of the three mice I am using if playing offline bots. So this could also be connected to latency issues in multiplayer... but I check pings a lot... and this still happens way more with the mouse that is really screwed up, and not so much with the mouse that is just beginning to have problems with that button... no matter if the pings are all low, or mostly high... Some problems have multiple causes, but taking just one of the culprits out of the equation and you just might not see the issue anymore.

    Remapping the button to another that you know for sure is not having an issue may also help if this is actually part of the issue... but only if that button is not also beginning to fail... Remember, nothing is built to last these days... Solid state was awesome, but all companies want you to buy more than one of their product in your lifetime... so no one builds anything that lasts for long periods of time anymore... solid state taught them that... that shit lasted forever. I still know people with working solid state VHS players (which makes these players older than most people here)... and one of them survived a two pumpkins melting on it and soaking the inside (although it did need to be cleaned after each)... and a fire a year after the second pumpkin melt... and it still works.

Edit... didn't see your post...
@Nathan5226 If the signal from the controller is interrupted in any way... by say a faulty button that is not making the connection in the way it was meant to be recognized by the program... it will cause issues. In the case of the game coding not knowing what to do with a sporadic signal sent from any type of controller it can and will cause issues with the program that you do not see if there is no problem with the signal from the controller.

Your faulty button is probably pretty similar to spamming the knife throw button. It would be a simple test on a good controller or mouse. Pick a + knives Jason and run through all his knives the normal way. Then do it again but this time spam the knife throw button every time you throw one. See if it actually increases the number of times the knives get stuck mid flight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Your faulty button is probably pretty similar to spamming the knife throw button. It would be a simple test on a good controller or mouse. Pick a + knives Jason and run through all his knives the normal way. Then do it again but this time spam the knife throw button every time you throw one. See if it actually increases the number of times the knives get stuck mid flight. 

Would you like me to test this now for you, if I can get into a match as Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Your faulty button is probably pretty similar to spamming the knife throw button. It would be a simple test on a good controller or mouse. Pick a + knives Jason and run through all his knives the normal way. Then do it again but this time spam the knife throw button every time you throw one. See if it actually increases the number of times the knives get stuck mid flight. 

    You understand what I am trying to say, but I only play part IV... there are apparently the same issues with other variants though. Unfortunately, my tests will only be done with part IV, so this might take a few days yet.... Unfortunately, there are times I cannot play due to... stuff.

     @DontZzz34… minor update with the knife thingy.
    Two games as Jason tonight... finally. Gathered fourteen knives in the first and twelve in the second. Quick throws with all of them (except two long distance throws in the first game, both hit without issue) and no glitches... but only used the new mouse in both matches.
    Have all three mice hooked up... but wanted to try one with new mouse first for a full match... Second match... @GeneiJin was hunting me down... so I wanted the new mouse for that one... He kicked my ass anyway... but not a single glitched throw in either match with the new mouse... and all knives were thrown in both matches.
    Tomorrow I will try four quick throws with each of the three mice in each match I can get and keep track of glitches... I will give up kills to gather enough knives... I don't  care... I am very curious about this.
     I will say this... I have not gotten through a game in a while without at best two out of six quick throws glitching with my secondary and usually three out of four quick throws (sometimes two out of three) with my primary mouse that has the screwed up button. But it is not happening with the new mouse so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Here is something i have had happen a lot since the July patch. When running to a window to dive out and when you press X(Ps4) your knees buckle and you fall and bend in half.

 

@DontZzz34 , @Official_Adam_W Has another bug/ glitch to add to the list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Has another bug/ glitch to add to the list.

   That is a nasty one. I have never seen that one before.

@DontZzz34 I just remembered another one I saw a couple of weeks ago... Spectating a friend as she ran towards a window to jump through it... she hit one of Jason's traps just as she dove through the window... but still dove through the window, with the trap still on her leg. She had to go through the animation to get out of the trap inside the cabin... That was a weird one too... Have not seen it happen before that or since.
    She was actually streaming at the time... but sifting through her footage to find this would take hours as I do not remember the date that it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DontZzz34 , @Official_Adam_W Has another bug/ glitch to add to the list.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

   That is a nasty one. I have never seen that one before.

@DontZzz34 I just remembered another one I saw a couple of weeks ago... Spectating a friend as she ran towards a window to jump through it... she hit one of Jason's traps just as she dove through the window... but still dove through the window, with the trap still on her leg. She had to go through the animation to get out of the trap inside the cabin... That was a weird one too... Have not seen it happen before that or since.
    She was actually streaming at the time... but sifting through her footage to find this would take hours as I do not remember the date that it happened.

The one with the trap glitching inside has happened to me a couple of times. It’s a more rare one to happen. It’s in my list. 

And the knives glitching in mid air, it’s happened to me a couple of times but it’s been very rare to see as well. I’ll see what you say when you report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought jason only got stuck In the grab position when kills glitched? I guess now it can happen after kills go through and complete to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I thought jason only got stuck In the grab position when kills glitched? I guess now it can happen after kills go through and complete to

I have had that happen to me as well not often ... I just head for the lake and it usually fixes once I hit the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I have had that happen to me as well not often ... I just head for the lake and it usually fixes once I hit the water.

Just annoying you have to do that. What if the lake is far away and moms calling for Jason at the shack, or car starts, traps go off. Really game breaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Just annoying you have to do that. What if the lake is far away and moms calling for Jason at the shack, or car starts, traps go off. Really game breaking

It’s definitely an inconvenience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...