I thought the engine upgrade (that they decided was more important than new content) was going to lessen the amount and impact of game breaking bugs.

Huh. Go figure.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha so you replied to another user saying that the shift issue is a values thing and not a full system thing does that mean that it could be fixed within hours and sent out as a hot fix?

6 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

just like your testing

Common Beauty, that’s not helping the situation. 

I get the want to say something and rub it in but it won’t get anything fixed faster. I like you and your contribution to the forum, let’s give them another day or two. Please.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

If you could grab any type of footage it would be immensely helpful.

It may have just been a fluke. But I'll see if it happens again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I can still enjoy the game without new content however when the game doesn't work like it should, that takes away the fun. Since they don't have to focus on content the primary focus should be balancing and fixing all the issues. After 2 years the game should not be in the shape it is in right now.

It's bad from a professional standpoint because despite all the bs the game has went through, people still play it and have to deal with new bugs and glitches etc,  which should be corrected without issue.  My personal opinion is that if the was still releasing new content, they would be more dedicated to fix this but now it's like "okay,  give us a few months and we will patch it only to reintroduce more bugs". They're doing this half hearted because they don't care. 

3 hours ago, Shainto said:

Played a game on Higgins haven last night. I killed everyone but tommy, who was somewhere in the big brown house. I destroyed everything, searched the entire place place inside and out. I could hear him yell whenever I went into the main room near the spiral staircase. Possible glitcher. 

To the left at the end of the bookcase, they can be hard to see there if you do not move closer. You can also see them if you look up.
   In the bathroom, standing against a wall beside the shelves... you have to go into the bathroom to see them there.
   The room next to the bathroom, sometimes they hide behind the wooden screen thingy... and you have to go into the room and actually look at it to see them. A grab in this spot will often glitch you and you will be stuck there until they break free the first time... then it works normally... or you can hit them with throwing knives... whichever you figure.
    There are some oddball spots like this in many cabins and the main houses on all maps. Most are not actual glitch spots and you can kill them in any of these spots... if you find them. But if you killed the power they are harder to see in these spots too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

They're doing this half hearted because they don't care. 

IMHO, if they didn’t care, there would be no more patches and the servers would already be offline. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

IMHO, if they didn’t care, there would be no more patches and the servers would already be offline. 

Put it into context of another scenario, imagine taking your car to the mechanic and your engine has issues so they correct the engine issues but now your brakes don't work, so you go back, then they fix your brakes but now your car leaks gas and the windows don't roll down. After many visits with these kind of results would you say they care?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

let’s give them another day or two. Please.

The game has been out since 2017. I like u trying to be positive and all but now it’s time to be realistic....... There is currently 20+ bugs In the game to be fixed, and who the hell knows when they’ll actually fix the problems. 

@mattshotchaCan you fix the issue with counselors setting traps? It used to be precise and now counselors just throw them wherever and can’t place them precisely. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Put it into context of another scenario, imagine taking your car to the mechanic and your engine has issues so they correct the engine issues but now your brakes don't work, so you go back, then they fix your brakes but now your car leaks gas and the windows don't roll down. After many visits with these kind of results would you say they care?

EXACTLY. I’ve pretty much used this analogy in the past for the people that say, “Be grateful they are trying, or that we have anything at all”...... Dumbest goddamn argument ever. I’d say, imagine going to get your car repaired, then you get it back missing one of the wheels. Would you say, “Well I’m just grateful they tried. At least I have 3 wheels”????....... 

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

EXACTLY. I’ve pretty much used this analogy in the past for the people that say, “Be grateful they are trying, or that we have anything at all”...... Dumbest goddamn argument ever. I’d say, imagine going to get your car repaired, then you get it back missing one of the wheels. Would you say, “Well I’m just grateful they tried. At least I have 3 wheels”????....... 

Very true, though i believe i already squashed the "Be happy we have a game" argument earlier lol

I’ve never seen Jason be able to open a locked door until this update. I witnessed it today. Is this “latency/server” issue brought on by the update or just a coincidence then, because it’s happened to me as well, when I was clear across the room. 

It appears the doors have a little problem still.

They glitch out if someone is locking it and someone is trying to open it at the same time I think.

I saw a stream, where is was "locked" but the door was open💀

I’m gonna be real, whatever they’ve done has completely broken the game. 

Straight up animations are being cancelled and glitches, WRONG ANIMATIONS ARE PLAYING, 

got into a car and it teleported 45 feet away sideways, like what is happening.

i can deal with content loss, I can deal with an occasional glitch or maybe a couple.

But holy hell on earth whatever have they done, this is actually starting to create a game worse than at launch, and it’s insane.

• Like 1

To anyone saying "Be glad we even have a game to play at all" let me ask you this......

If you go to a restaurant and pay for a steak and the waiter brings you a steak covered in piss, are you gonna complain or you gonna eat it? I mean, with your logic shouldn't you just be glad you have a steak to eat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This is really how I would like to see things concerning their dedication toward the game but I have my doubts. Who knows if the launch of the Switch version isn't playing a major role about why they did not shut the game down already on the current platforms? Maybe doing so would not be the best move for them if they want to attract potential Switch customers.

I really hope that what they gave to us these past months in term of game support isn't just some kind of smoke screen until the NS launch, just to abandon the game for good a couple of months later down the road.

1 hour ago, camp_voorhees said:

@mattshotcha so you replied to another user saying that the shift issue is a values thing and not a full system thing does that mean that it could be fixed within hours and sent out as a hot fix?

I wouldn't want to apply a time frame yet. We're going to evaluate and see what's causing the issues with the counselors being able to jump from windows and enter combat stance to land on their feet. The Shift thing, *should* be a simple values thing, but the interaction issue with the window and stance is a question mark still.

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

just like your testing

I made a simple mistake and misread something. I'm not a tester. I'm also reading and compiling comments from across all channels at once. It's been a day. I get that you're frustrated, but there's no need for cheap shots.

35 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

This scenario doesn't make sense to the situation at hand. Your mechanic gets paid for every return visit which is the entire basis of their business plan. I'm not here to try and convince you that we care, I personally feel the evidence of that is in the fact that the game didn't sunset immediately following the content freeze. But if you're going to use this thread to try and convince people to join an angry mob, that's not going to get very far. 

I also would like to ask, since you shared it as a bug, if you've seen the door situation occur again at all or if my assessment previously was correct. 

4 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

I’m gonna be real, whatever they’ve done has completely broken the game. 

Straight up animations are being cancelled and glitches, WRONG ANIMATIONS ARE PLAYING, 

got into a car and it teleported 45 feet away sideways, like what is happening.

i can deal with content loss, I can deal with an occasional glitch or maybe a couple.

But holy hell on earth whatever have they done, this is actually starting to create a game worse than at launch, and it’s insane.

The car situation is a problem with the physics that has existed for a bit, but was set aside to focus on the interaction issue that was allowing people to reach the roof. We'll be taking a look at the car physics, but they were not altered in this patch. While it is definitely something we'll want to investigate, it is also not a 100% repro rate issue.

6 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I wouldn't want to apply a time frame yet. We're going to evaluate and see what's causing the issues with the counselors being able to jump from windows and enter combat stance to land on their feet. The Shift thing, *should* be a simple values thing, but the interaction issue with the window and stance is a question mark still.

It’s actually where all you have to do is hit RT after diving through a window to stand back up, not combat stance. 

Counselors can cancel seemingly every animation that I’ve seen so far, not just jumping through windows. 

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

How many more patches do the devs have to seriously fuck up? How can anyone look at the bright side of things for this game anymore when our game just gets more broken as the patches release? How can us players believe in our own devs anymore after doing nothing but fixing one thing and introducing several new bugs with every fix? They have done nothing but fix a few things at the cost of heavily piling on several bugs to their list of problems. Which is probably 20+ different issues. Will they ever get this game fixed and get it working smooth?! 

Posts like this don’t help they promote a toxic environment for all members on the forum.

this is not specific to you just to all members in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I also would like to ask, since you shared it as a bug, if you've seen the door situation occur again at all or if my assessment previously was correct. 

@mattshotcha That barricaded door issue is definitely not an isolated incident:

• Like 2