5 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I'll mention another good point to this patch, since we've all done a fairly good job of shitting all over how bad it is...

There is no longer an invisible barrier next to the Higgins spiral staircase!  You can move freely as Jason or counselor between the radio and staircase now! 

Really??? I thought someone in this thread said it was still there. I haven’t tried yet. 

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Really??? I thought someone in this thread said it was still there. I haven’t tried yet. 

It's really gone.

Had a game last night where there were 5 of us, including Jason, just walking around in a circle for 8 minutes admiring that there was no longer an invisible barrier.  

Then the 4 of us counselors told Jason to break both windows and we started jogging a window cancel loop in front of him.

After 3 loops the Jason was confused why we weren't hurt at all, and we all had a good laugh at how window damage is no longer a worry. 

os erros que eu vejo mais são no caso do personagem de marca que ele abre as gavetas erradas o carro que ele dirige normal no entanto, como o próximo monitor vê brandon ele não segura o volanate sua roupa de praia os shorts estão alternando para a cor da pele brandon e a cor dos shorts e bugs nas calças sheldon, as calças seguintes não são da cor que eles deveriam ter, as calças black sheldon se tornam brancas quando você passa a calça branca e as calças cinza ficam azuis, isso é mais o que me incomoda nesses personagens de sheldon e micht representam

They would be best served to probably take the servers offline and shut the game down for the rest of the year and then relaunch the game and servers in the new year completely repackaged and hopefully with as few bugs as possible depending on who they have Q/A the game.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha One thing I would like the devs to add prevention for it players leaving the game, before you kill them, or just leave in general, but no killed. It frustrates me to see when the game starts, people are already leaving. Maybe make it so that it subtracts that person from the total amount of people Jason has to kill then? I think that takes away from XP and maybe that's why they do it. If they're dead though then leave, don't subtract it.

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You don’t speak for the whole community, but thanks. Taking the game back to the previous engine is not the answer. Sure, it’s annoying that every time they “fix” something, multiple more things show up.

Instead of yelling at them and biting their heads off about the flaws of the game, be happy there is even a game to start with. Everyone on here complaining about and insulting the devs for all the problems of the game, I’m sure you all could do a lot better job, right?

I've never been a fan of members who presume to speak for all of us here. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, given some of the views they presume we all share.

4 hours ago, ess72 said:

If that is what I went to school for and it was my job hell yes I would do better. 

Just because one goes to school for something, doesn't guarantee they will be highly successful at that something.

There will be exceptions to the rule in every situation. I've encountered subpar mechanics, medical staff, and teachers.

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

As someone who has been here since launch and backed the game i can say that the game is in the worse state it has ever been in. For those who keep saying "We should be happy there is even a game" need to understand that there is a game because of us who backed the game. The fans are who helped fund the game in order to be made. There is no excuse for the state the game is in right now. After 2 years in to the games life span there shouldn't be this many issues, in fact the game should be in a near bugless state at this point. It is clear that far more testing of the patches need to be done before going live. I also think even having a dedicated group of fans/community players do testing of the patch before it goes live to find issues before this kind of thing happens again. Clearly the community can find the issues quickly upon playing it far more so than the devs. There is no excuse for a patch causing this many issues.

There are backers who are quite upset at this point. However, there are also backers who are keeping their cool despite the chaos that is happening.

If Illfonic was still involved, I'd be inclined to agree about the game being closer to bug-free.

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Don't worry guys, next patch will make everything right as rain 😉

At least some of the problems that exist now will be fixed in the next patch. New ones will likely come along. The cycle will continue.

2 hours ago, TNTAGE said:

I’ll beta test patches for free. Message on email if interested. Looks like your paying people that are not testing it, so why not get it for free.

There's a long line of players who would like to help, for free. It would be nice to see this happen one day.

46 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I agree about having some dedicated players test out each new patch BEFORE sending out for cert, but it probably could only be done for PC (I don't think patches can be easily handled on consoles to have private public builds for some people and not others, unlike PC).  And since some problems (according to some earlier posts by @mattshotcha) are platform centric, one fix on PC doesn't equal a fix on PS4/XO/ (eventually) Switch, making the situation that much harder to deal with.  I'd gladly volunteer as a PS4 tester, but knowing their stance on patch testing basically being internal only (or just a super small and unknown handful of playtester(s)), I guess I'll be limiting my playtime from now on until the game is in an ACCEPTABLE playable state for a 2+ year old game that has been worked on since release, or I outright stop playing because of the headaches each update brings with it...  Whichever comes first.

You'll stop playing first.

Having unknown play testers would be the best course of action, if they were open to it.

24 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

Let's not go back to having a host who quits the game all the time.

Hopefully no one wants that to be a thing again...

• Thanks 1

Just now, tyrant666 said:

They would be best served to probably take the servers offline and shut the game down for the rest of the year and then relaunch the game and servers in the new year completely repackaged and hopefully with as few bugs as possible depending on who they have Q/A the game.

You know how much money would go down the drain then? Why not just rebuild the game, with the current one still kept on the market, the update it with the rebuilt one, they did it in I think April for the engine update, why not do it again to sort out the bugs?

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Hopefully no one wants that to be a thing again...

It seems as though one does and it's not me 😂

Twitter has gone dead silent. Players are going to have to deal with these issues for a while.

4 minutes ago, Nathan5226 said:

It seems as though one does and it's not me 😂

I'm sure there are others. Some people just want to get there daily fix of this game.

I love this game as much as the average fan, but I'm not gonna lose my cool over it. If I were to get that stressed out about it, I'd step away from it for a while. I would encourage those who are really angry at this point to consider that.

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Twitter has gone dead silent. Players are going to have to deal with these issues for a while.

Silence is golden sometimes.

You are right about having to deal. The players deal with change for a while, before change happens again.

In hoping for the best, there's no more rooftop glitching. (knocking on wood)

In preparing for the worst, we've got new issues to cope with.

RIP Friday The 13th the game. This is the real end 

I love the game and the franchise...but patch 1.33 and 1.34 are unacceptable.  Unplayable

Just now, Gottaevil said:

RIP Friday The 13th the game. This is the real end 

I love the game and the franchise...but patch 1.33 and 1.34 are unacceptable. Pure trash

When the servers shut down in the distant future, then we'll hold a funeral for the game.

Until then, a round of drinks for those here on the forum I call friend.

• Like 2

@mattshotcha leaving this here for you since one of the F13 Reddit mods decided it was a good idea to delete my thread on there. Here is some accurate info for you regarding some issues with your latest patch -

* All Jasons now receive Shift at 0:45 (originally 2:15) and Stalk at 2:45 (originally 4:15)

* All neutral Shift Jasons have had their Shift cooldown decreased to 10s pre-Rage (from 30s) and 6s post-Rage (from 20s), surpassing +Shift cooldown speed by 10s and 7s respectively. +Shift and -Shift Jasons do not receive this buff.

* Counselors are now able to bypass interactive animations (eg. windows, drawers, doors, skill checks) at any point after interaction by pressing the attack button. Window dives especially benefit from this by allowing counselors to avoid damage.

* AI counselors on Jarvis House (all difficulties) are now immobile for the duration of the match, regardless of their interaction with Jason. They will not use melee weapons or guns, but will use firecrackers and med spray.

Best of luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yes Jason shift is broken and now almost immediate. Lag is worse then ever for counselors and Jason. Jason grab still has only 50% chance of killing victims.

When all power is taken out unable to locate hiding counselors until rage is active.

4 minutes ago, The Rain said:

@mattshotcha  When the pc patch will arrive? 

Will the problem that users have on other platforms be fixed?

No idea on ETA for the pc patch but my guess is that the issues that are happening on consoles won't get addressed until next patch/hotfix

So certain Jasons can shift more often and unlock the ability quicker while counselors can avoid damage jumping through windows and avoid the animation of falling and just stand back up.

Can we appreciate the balance, a buff too both 

tenor.gif

These patches don't matter when the core game mechanics are basically making the game matches unplayable.

The glitches are so bad on PS4 that most people will not bother to complain they will just stop playing all together. It use to be the online mode was a glitchy mess but the offline mode played pretty flawlessly. Well congrats Gun media because now after this new patch.... the offline mode with bots now have issues too.

I have never seen a released game with so many issues after launch and countless patches. Playing this game is like trying to play a current AAA title on my desktop computer from 15 years ago. It struggles heavily and I can feel my console struggling to breath. I've been a fan since the start but this is just ridiculous!!!!

2 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

The changes to interaction are also affecting the arming of traps. If you arm a trap at the same time you are putting it on the ground it will set itself off and you will have to rearm it. This is on Xbox and happens every time.

Same on PS4

I. Am. Howling. Of all the bugged patches we’ve received, this is by far the worst. This is just more evidence into the fact that Gun objectively lies, bends the truth, plays words games, and pays lip service when confronted. “We did test it!!!1” sure, Jan but how extensively? Playing a couple matches on your hardware is not the same as testing the game in the public in which it will be experienced. And testing a few things a handful of times might be “testing” but it’s neither adequate, thorough, nor sufficient testing.

If a mechanical engineers or flight testers pulled the kind of double-speak horseshit excuses Gun did then millions of people who die every year... but they tested it!!!11 cool, I’m sure they did. Testing requires repeated steps and procedures that address every possible component to the item being tested and the outcomes therein. Playing this game multiple times as you are updating it is NOT testing. As a backer. I really don’t know what to say anymore, I’m aghast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I. Am. Howling. Of all the bugged patches we’ve received, this is by far the worst. This is just more evidence into the fact that Gun objectively lies, bends the truth, plays words games, and pays lip service when confronted. “We did test it!!!1” sure, Jan but how extensively? Playing a couple matches on your hardware is not the same as testing the game in the public in which it will be experienced. And testing a few things a handful of times might be “testing” but it’s neither adequate, thorough, nor sufficient testing.

If a mechanical engineers or flight testers pulled the kind of double-speak horseshit excuses Gun did then millions of people who die every year... but they tested it!!!11 cool, I’m sure they did. Testing requires repeated steps and procedures that address every possible component to the item being tested and the outcomes therein. Playing this game multiple times as you are updating it is NOT testing. As a backer. I really don’t know what to say anymore, I’m aghast.

As a backer, I’m pretty fucking insulted at the way this patch is being handled. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Can confirm that Jason gets shift at the same time as Sense for some reason.

Only played as jason vs offline bots so I can't say anything else yet, though other than early shift, I had rather smooth gameplay.

I get the funny feeling that the reason this game always seems to break every time something is fixed is due to the main engine not being suited for this sort of game, or rather, the initial main game not being structured properly, thus leading to everything  breaking because it's like the video game version of this:

Typical-office-computer-cable-mess.jpg

Thus, every time you try to plug something else in or change where something is plugged, something else gets unplugged.

You are close with this assessment, but I wouldn't say that it's a case of not suited or structured properly. More a matter of a team that didn't create the structure needing to carefully pick apart and pull on threads. The recent changes made were no small undertaking and the potential for ripple effects was negated as much as possible, but there is always a potential for ripple effects given the fact that this was built by an entirely different team than the one currently performing maintenance and repair.

19 hours ago, SirMang said:

Anyone else having issues trying to play with friends via party invites on PS4?

Seeing mention of that being an issue online, just not here.,. and can't join my own friends to play. 

I would love to know who does their testing, as just a random though. 

This should be resolved as PS4 had some intermittent issues with PSN and their network.

19 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am glad this has not been released to PC... yet. 
   Super shift Jason is taking things a tad too far... and by a tad I mean... miles. People will still manage to escape or kill him... but wow.

Not this one... again. No one else has said anything about that one... yet. I hope you were just having connection issues.

The Shift issues are unintended. Team is investigating.

19 hours ago, Armani? said:

It appears the car rubberband is back in effect @mattshotcha

Unless it was lag, Jason grabbed me 2 times as Tommy after getting out the car, even though I was far away on my screen(ran away).

If you could grab any type of footage it would be immensely helpful.

17 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

@mattshotcha

Counselors can cancel any x-prompt with r2 (ps4). NOTE:  If you jump though open window and press r2 midflight, you can get though the window without the landing animation. Also works through broken windows WITHOUT talking damage! Gamechanger?  Jumping through close windows cause damage  , though the animation cancel prevents the landing animation.

Also matchmaking is again affected; creating and joining parties are pretty damn hard.  

The team is looking into this. We suspect it is another aspect of interactions which is a system we recently poked and prodded pretty extensively. Connection was a simple PSN outage as far as we can tell. Any further connection issues, please report.

17 hours ago, Nathan5226 said:

I agree, my friend and I were playing and at some point he said, "Come to me..." and he was Jason, so I said "OK?", and I explained to him that the assets must've not loaded properly, since Jason's face was squished in, it made us laugh and kinda made the game more fun as we tried to show other players, but you know what you would do if you saw Jason in front of you, RUN!

By the way, I found a few glitches on Xbox One, can also confirm some...

1) An animation where the counselor stabs Jason with a knife, doesn't finish. Instead it's an instant knife stab, and the counselor breaks free as soon as they're picked up. If I can get a capture of it next time, I will.

2) Jason can slash through vehicles, when a counselor is slashed through a vehicle, they may leave it, without the player pressing A. View here.

3) A counselor can go through a window without finishing the animation at the end, when spectating. I can't confirm whether this happens when viewing the other counselor when you're viewing them still alive. View here.

4) The barricaded door issue is a big one, as it's starting to happen frequently and my ping is down to 50ms or lower. This shouldn't be an issue if that's how long it takes to respond, unless it's improper server configuration or just a game bug in general. View here.

5) For me there's weird sounds playing, some are high pitched that play for a few seconds and feels like my brain is gonna hemorrhage, then stop, and then now I am discovering static sounds. View here.

6) I can glitch into, and then on the car when chocking someone to still living. This happens when you glitch into the car while holding a counselor, and another comes up to save them. This doesn't last long though. View here.

7) I don't know if you may consider this a bug, but when I pressed Quick Play, it began searching for matches. One abnormal thing I noticed, was that it went from Searching > Checking for an open spot > Cooldown > Searching at a repeated loop until the third search for me. This never happens to me, usually it's Searching > Checking for an open spot > Joining.

P.S. Took me one whole hour to get this post together, you're welcome!

Thank you, very much, for such an extensive report. Support is combing through this now!

16 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@mattshotcha @GunMedia_Ben

Congratulations on the team breaking the game worse than it has EVER been.

*slow clap*

This patch was tested multiple times and worked on for a few months. 🤣

Counselors can now jump through any window and press RT on Xbox to cancel the dropping animation.

You immediately stand up and take zero damage. You only get cosmetic cuts.

I looped a Jason easily for 20 minutes just now as a Tiffany.

Running and diving using the new bug.

Jason rage quit. 😂

I use Part 5 Jason now and his shift is unlocking right along with sense at the same time.

Shift recharges almost instantly after using it. Making Jason OP as hell. Once you get rage instant recharges.

These new bugs are a huge game changer. I am having fun with the new players that have no clue how broken this is yet.

Oh look...roofs are fixed. That's cool because window hopping is the new thing.

I would say we should pump the brakes on saying the game is in it's worst state ever. And when working deep in these systems like interactions, the road ahead is often extremely tricky. I would equate it to a sort of house of cards. It's unfortunate, but not by far the worst it's been, especially considering the fact that Shift is a values thing and not a full systems thing.

13 hours ago, FunkyPizza said:

So when are these gonna get fixed? Flare Gun not stunning Jason when he is not in Rage? Environmental kills not fully working so Jason and another counselor can literally grind out XP and tons of points (with a buddy, its "fine", but in a public match with randoms, not so much)? Jason randomly going into Combat Stance after shifting? These are huge issues and i would rather have all these fixed than all of those. 

Flare gun not stunning during Rage is not a bug. 

Apologies, misread that. Environmentals are under investigation, for the flare, can you provide some type of footage?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@mattshotcha you may want to reread that, he said flare isn't stunning him when he's NOT in rage.

Fixed! My bad, read through it quickly.