55 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You don’t speak for the whole community, but thanks. Taking the game back to the previous engine is not the answer. Sure, it’s annoying that every time they “fix” something, multiple more things show up.

Instead of yelling at them and biting their heads off about the flaws of the game, be happy there is even a game to start with. Everyone on here complaining about and insulting the devs for all the problems of the game, I’m sure you all could do a lot better job, right?

If that is what I went to school for and it was my job hell yes I would do better. 

17 minutes ago, ess72 said:

If that is what I went to school for and it was my job hell yes I would do better. 

You said "if" which means you didn't, and you couldn't.

I'm sure the guys at Black Tower have degrees in what they do. But they are coming in and trying to clean up code that another crew wrote with out any previous knowledge of it. I'm not the least bit surprised that every time they resolve an issue another one pops up. Black Tower is being tasked to fix what Illfonic messed up. Eventually they will be able to iron out all the wrinkles. The question is, will Gun continue paying them to do so with all the inconsiderate keyboard warriors jumping down their throat?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I only had one game but I thought the graphics looked a bit sharper and detailed, but seeing as it's not mentioned in notes or vy anyone else I must be imagining it... 😂 

23 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You said "if" which means you didn't, and you couldn't.

I'm sure the guys at Black Tower have degrees in what they do. But they are coming in and trying to clean up code that another crew wrote with out any previous knowledge of it. I'm not the least bit surprised that every time they resolve an issue another one pops up. Black Tower is being tasked to fix what Illfonic messed up. Eventually they will be able to iron out all the wrinkles. The question is, will Gun continue paying them to do so with all the inconsiderate keyboard warriors jumping down their throat?

Then at the very least they should actually TEST IT before they release it. There’s no way they properly did. Not if we can all find these issues within minutes of playing it. That’s the problem. Don’t release a patch that makes the game worse. This can’t even be defended. There’s no excuse. TEST IT!

As someone who has been here since launch and backed the game i can say that the game is in the worse state it has ever been in. For those who keep saying "We should be happy there is even a game" need to understand that there is a game because of us who backed the game. The fans are who helped fund the game in order to be made. There is no excuse for the state the game is in right now. After 2 years in to the games life span there shouldn't be this many issues, in fact the game should be in a near bugless state at this point. It is clear that far more testing of the patches need to be done before going live. I also think even having a dedicated group of fans/community players do testing of the patch before it goes live to find issues before this kind of thing happens again. Clearly the community can find the issues quickly upon playing it far more so than the devs. There is no excuse for a patch causing this many issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

As someone who has been here since launch and backed the game i can say that the game is in the worse state it has ever been in. For those who keep saying "We should be happy there is even a game" need to understand that there is a game because of us who backed the game. The fans are who helped fund the game in order to be made. There is no excuse for the state the game is in right now. After 2 years in to the games life span there shouldn't be this many issues, in fact the game should be in a near bugless state at this point. It is clear that far more testing of the patches need to be done before going live. I also think even having a dedicated group of fans/community players do testing of the patch before it goes live to find issues before this kind of thing happens again. Clearly the community can find the issues quickly upon playing it far more so than the devs. There is no excuse for a patch causing this many issues.

And yet on twitter, their defenders think all the critics are just trolls or people bitter because Uber/Grendel/Pajama Pack/More Kills/Paranoia/ etc never happened.

As if people weren't complaining in 2017 LONG BEFORE any of those above things were cancelled. Nope, nobody has ever questioned the state of the game.

😑

• Like 1

Just now, tyrant666 said:

And yet on twitter, their defenders think all the critics are just trolls or people bitter because Uber/Grendel/Pajama Pack/More Kills/Paranoia/ etc never happened.

As if people weren't complaining in 2017 LONG BEFORE any of those above things were cancelled.

In the end it does suck we won't get Uber Jason, The Grendel, kill packs etc.... however we all know the situation because of the lawsuit so complaining about that is just pointless. However looking at the situation as is right now and going by facts gives a much better approach to comment on the state of things. As i said in my post above, the game is in the worst state it has ever been in and clearly shows proper testing was clearly not done. This is why i said having a group of the community do proper testing before they launch the patches would make more sense since the community can find all these issues within an hour of the patch dropping. There is no point in blindly defending the game with the state it is in now when clear cut proof can be shown that proper through testing wasn't done and each patch just keeps breaking the game more and more.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:37 PM, mattshotcha said:

We absolutely did test, thoroughly, before launching this. This value change has not been the case for the entirety of the testing phase, and must have slipped it's way by unseen in the late phases.

@mattshotcha I find this almost impossible to believe. The issues (plural) that were encountered in this "patch" didn't even require thorough testing to be identified. So it is beyond me how you can say that you "did test, thoroughly, before launching this." Once the "patch" was finalised all anyone (not even a QA team) had to do was play ONE match, and in doing so all counselors would have heard the double alert sound (Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma) indicating that something was not right. In turn the Jason player would have spotted that they had recieved the Shift ability at the same time as the Sense ability. Furthermore, one shift by the Jason player would have highlighted that the cooldown for that ability was considerably faster than normal. This isn't something that should just be tested in the late phases, but something that should have been tested in the final phase and before the patch being released to the public. Therefore it leads me to believe that this bug was actually an intentional change. A buff to Jason of sorts.

EDIT: After reading further posts from the team I understand more regarding the Jason Shift glitch/buff. It was indeed an intended buff made by the dev team by decreasing the values of the rate at which Jason gets the Shift ability and the rate of its cooldown. However, this was done purely for testing purposes and it was not intended was for those altered values to remain in the live patch release. Thus this can only be classified as extremely sloppy work on the part of whoever made the value change and whoever is responsible for proofing the patch. What's even more shocking is that an immediate update with the corrected values was not released within hours of the error being idenitfied. I'm sorry but Black Tower (or IllFonic) and Gun Media have really dragged their feet with this game.

Not only that, but one of the main purposes for this patch was to resolve counselors placing traps on top of the stairs in order to glitch onto the roof. Whilst this appears to be rectified, at what point can you honestly say that, that glitch was thoroughly tested? Because if it was then whoever tested it would have found that setting a trap was bugged and the trap would not actually place and open when holding R2/RT. Did they just throw it on the floor, try to roof glitch and called it a day? I guess so, because testing something thoroughly would mean testing different methods of placing traps, positions, locations etc. So I would say that not being able to set instant traps was a hotfix to solve the roof glitch instead of an actual perma fix.

As for the new no damage window glitch (by cancelling the counselor landing animation), I'm not even going to go into that. It's just another step backwards that has come to be expected with your "patch" releases.

P.S. I'm not posting this because I want to throw shade at the team, but because I care and actually found enjoyment in this game. It had so much potential but you're making it really hard for fans like myself to stick with it when issues take so long to be resolved or lead to more issues on top of what we already have. I mean, fix the glitched environment kills already! Killing counselors is the biggest objective of Jason in the F13 franchise, let alone in this game and something Jason fans thrive on, yet the problem still remains post "patch". Surely it should have been a priority. It's not like the team has to worry about creating new content anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ll beta test patches for free. Message on email if interested. Looks like your paying people that are not testing it, so why not get it for free.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

@mattshotcha I find this almost impossible to believe. The issues (plural) that were encountered in this "patch" didn't even require thorough testing to be identified. So it is beyond me how you can say that you "did test, thoroughly, before launching this." Once the "patch" was finalised all anyone (not even a QA team) had to do was play ONE match, and in doing so all counselors would have heard the double alert sound (Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma) indicating that something was not right. In turn the Jason player would have spotted that they had recieved the Shift ability at the same time as the Sense ability. Furthermore, one shift by the Jason player would have highlighted that the cooldown for that ability was considerably faster than normal. This isn't something that should just be tested in the late phases, but something that should have been tested in the final phase and before the patch being released to the public. Therefore it leads me to believe that this bug was actually an intentional change. A buff to Jason of sorts.

Not only that, but one of the main purposes for this patch was counselors placing traps on top of the stairs in order to glitch onto the roof. Whilst this appears to be resolved, at what point can you honestly say that, that glitch was thoroughly tested? Because if it was then whoever tested it would have found that placing a trap was bugged and the trap would not actually place and open when holding R2/RT. Did they just throw it on the floor, try to glitch and called it a day? I guess so, because testing something thoroughly would mean testing different methods of placing traps, positions, locations etc. So I would say that not being able to place instant open traps was a hotfix to solve the roof glitch instead of an actual perma fix.

As for the new window glitch (cancelling the counselor landing animation), I'm not even going to go into that. It's just another step backwards that has come to be expected with your patch releases.

P.S. I'm not posting this because I want to through shade at the team, but because I care and actually found enjoyment in this game. It had so much potential but you're making it really hard for fans like myself to stick with it when issues take so long to be resolved or lead to more issues on top of what we already have. I mean, fix the glitched environment kills already! Killing counselors is the biggest objective of the Jason in the F13 franchise, let alone in this game and something Jason fans thrive on, yet the problem still remains post "patch." Surely it should have been a priority. It's not like the team has to worry about creating new content anymore.

Exactly. I call bullshit on the testing. There’s no way. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

. Not if we can all find these issues within minutes of playing it.

49 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

. Clearly the community can find the issues quickly upon playing it far more so than the devs.

If they would be open to it, they would be able to find enough volunteers right here on the forum to test any patch before release. @mattshotcha, would the team be willing to let forum members test gameplay before releasing future patches? I would gladly volunteer and report back anything that I would find. There's several other here that would be willing to do the same.

Was hoping that when I heard there was a new patch,  they were going to rework Jason's rage buff but seems like there always going to keep that how it is. Regardless of how I feel towards it,  haven't been able to get into a game for months.  Either get put a lobby by myself or a completely different server with 300 ping.  And now more bugs makes me dissapointed because this game was such a good game in the past. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Then at the very least they should actually TEST IT before they release it. There’s no way they properly did. Not if we can all find these issues within minutes of playing it. That’s the problem. Don’t release a patch that makes the game worse. This can’t even be defended. There’s no excuse. TEST IT!

Or, if you're not actually testing it, don't lay out a "what we said would take 10 days took two and a half months, but that's cause we tested it rigorously and its double bulletproof" line of reasoning for the timeliness issues.

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

In the end it does suck we won't get Uber Jason, The Grendel, kill packs etc.... however we all know the situation because of the lawsuit so complaining about that is just pointless. However looking at the situation as is right now and going by facts gives a much better approach to comment on the state of things. As i said in my post above, the game is in the worst state it has ever been in and clearly shows proper testing was clearly not done. This is why i said having a group of the community do proper testing before they launch the patches would make more sense since the community can find all these issues within an hour of the patch dropping. There is no point in blindly defending the game with the state it is in now when clear cut proof can be shown that proper through testing wasn't done and each patch just keeps breaking the game more and more.

Lack of motivation after no new content was going to be released plus majority of players moving on to other games.  But there is only so much you can do when you can't release any new content to a continuously repetitive game which can become boring real quick.  

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Lack of motivation after no new content was going to be released plus majority of players moving on to other games.  But there is only so much you can do when you can't release any new content to a continuously repetitive game which can become boring real quick.  

I can still enjoy the game without new content however when the game doesn't work like it should, that takes away the fun. Since they don't have to focus on content the primary focus should be balancing and fixing all the issues. After 2 years the game should not be in the shape it is in right now.

@mattshotcha Played a game on Higgins haven last night. I killed everyone but tommy, who was somewhere in the big brown house. I destroyed everything, searched the entire place place inside and out. I could hear him yell whenever I went into the main room near the spiral staircase. Possible glitcher. 

The changes to interaction are also affecting the arming of traps. If you arm a trap at the same time you are putting it on the ground it will set itself off and you will have to rearm it. This is on Xbox and happens every time.

I agree about having some dedicated players test out each new patch BEFORE sending out for cert, but it probably could only be done for PC (I don't think patches can be easily handled on consoles to have private public builds for some people and not others, unlike PC).  And since some problems (according to some earlier posts by @mattshotcha) are platform centric, one fix on PC doesn't equal a fix on PS4/XO/ (eventually) Switch, making the situation that much harder to deal with.  I'd gladly volunteer as a PS4 tester, but knowing their stance on patch testing basically being internal only (or just a super small and unknown handful of playtester(s)), I guess I'll be limiting my playtime from now on until the game is in an ACCEPTABLE playable state for a 2+ year old game that has been worked on since release, or I outright stop playing because of the headaches each update brings with it...  Whichever comes first.

As for the testing itself, I thought we were past all this.  These simple flubs that got by could almost CERTAINLY be found by a live playtester, but it feels like we are back to the "simulated" tests that just run commands and not actual, hands-on, testing LOOKING for any problems.  So which is it: play tested by people or programmed, simulated tests?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I can still enjoy the game without new content however when the game doesn't work like it should, that takes away the fun. Since they don't have to focus on content the primary focus should be balancing and fixing all the issues. After 2 years the game should not be in the shape it is in right now.

That’s where I’m at. Yeah, it sucks that we won’t get new stuff. But my anger over that is gone. I could still have fun playing. Not anymore. This patch has made this unplayable. Even offline bots are a mess. 

Kinda makes you wonder if the real reason why they didn't release the patch for PC is because they wanted to use the console players as guinea pigs in case anything went wrong.

And sure enough, it has. So I'm betting we'll get the standard operating procedure of radio silence today, the announcement of a delay for the PC playerbase tomorrow and then total radio silence until next week, probably on Tuesday for more non news.

Sorry, but its very typical.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, token said:

@mattshotcha,

I think the whole community is tired to see what you actually done with this game.

The each step makes the things even worse. In chess it calls zugzwang.

How about to add a vote, and bring your game back to summer 2017 with an old engine and pretty fine gameplay. The only thing needed to fix was a grab range. 

Let's not go back to having a host who quits the game all the time.

I'll mention another good point to this patch, since we've all done a fairly good job of shitting all over how bad it is...

There is no longer an invisible barrier next to the Higgins spiral staircase!  You can move freely as Jason or counselor between the radio and staircase now!