Next patch targeted for next week. Shift, sense and window/cancel animation issues to be fixed.

• Thanks 2

On 8/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, Ahab said:

Are you one of those people that think a company should put every penny they make into something just because you think they should?... What they made off the game is irrelevant here... Just as irrelevant as what you think they should do with their money... Backer or not, you do not get to tell anyone how to run their company... or how to spend their money... or what they should or should not be doing concerning anything they are doing... You are no more their boss than I am... backer or not.

There you go with that again. Trying to twist someone's impression of a game just like you did with me when I was explaining why I thought Uber, Grender, a new game mode, alternative playable heroes would've been a much better focused priority over things like the engine upgrade or 30 dance emotes/halloween costumes if a bigger group of community could've help influenced the company's decision. 

Feedback is not the same thing as telling someone how to run their company. Anyone is allow to critique a decision they don't see eye to eye with regarding the company's service. That is not being in an authority position on ordering them what to do. In fact, this would've probably have a little more validity if one were to demand a certain change BEFORE THE COMPANY TOOK THAT ACTION and therefore making that decision go into effect. So why are you trying to enlighten someone's opinion of a company's action revolving around particular decisions that already took place? That is pointless to begin with.

Everyone knew they never had that kind of power and never will. But they could still leave feedback which for the most part, really influenced some changes to be made( like the Roy coveralls for example.) You and some other companies may feel like this is telling them how to run their business and granted, a company doesn't always to accept anybody's requests but the reality is, if you want your product to go places, you have to put your costumers first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

you have to put your costumers first.

I thought you didn’t want the Halloween costumes!?! 

Oh, you mean customers.

(Just messing with you man, I’m sleepy and it was funny.)

• Haha 2

Personally I feel that those who funded on Kickstarter should have the option of having their money returned to them if a product reaches a certain amount of profitability.

Kickstarter essentially asks the general public to be investors on projects that may not come to fruition at all.  Typically investors get a return on said investment - but in KS land it's "free" investment where the creators can massively profit and not answer to anyone.  

F13 made over $100M (maybe higher who knows).  Dev costs aside which I'm sure overall exceeded the kickstarter - it would be a bit naïve to believe that the heads of this company didn't get a fat personal paycheck from a product made possible by KS.

"Name one bug free game. See you can't"

What a dumbass argument. Nobody is saying there are games that are completely bug free. We're stating that each patch introduces more bugs with worse issues than the bugs that were eliminated. Good luck arguing against that.

Ahab, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're purposely being dense as opposed to genuinely being an idiot. Though neither attitude is very endearing.

Good luck to Gun and Blacktower. Hopefully they get this sorted out soon. It's a shame they upgraded the engine. It turned out to be the beginning of the end.

[Edit by forum staff: Don't treat people this way]

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

realistic.

This is EXACTLY the point.... NAME ONE... No one seems to be able to do this extremely simple task. Why is that?... Because there isn't one. Programing, coding... fixing bugs and glitches in video games... can't be a very easy job for the most part now can it?... or we would ALL have no problem naming MANY games without bugs.
    Yet a great many people throw it around constantly... its been two years and there are still bugs... so what? Of course there are still bugs... There are no games the age of this game that are bug free... Hell, name one video game larger than five gigs that has no bugs or glitches... the game's age is irrelevant for this one.

I can name one right off the top of my head, No Way Out. Me and the wife played through it twice and had zero bugs or glitches during our playthroughs. I don't know if anyone else experienced any but we didn't at all. However  the issue isn't naming on game that is 100% bug free, the issue is as i sated in my post above that after 2 years and numerous patches, this game should not be in the state it is in and each patch should not introduce more bugs/glitches than it fixes. Nevermind the fact that the game has been out for 2 years and almost 3 months. Name a game to me where after that amount of time after release that has this amount of issues and had patches consistently breaking things.

• Like 1

@Ahab I'm just going to agree to disagree with you, because clearly we share different levels of expectations and opinions on what is acceptable from a product/service provider. I've posted what I've posted and you can take it or leave it. At the end of the day it is undeniable that the glitches in this game are game-breaking, and no other game I own has glitches to that extent. I just played Ultra Street Fighter IV GLITCH FREE!!! Definitely can't say the same for F13. When you kill a counselor, Jason's bread and butter, only for it to glitch out and they play on and end up escaping causing the entire lobby to have to sit and wait for the clock to run down, that is game-breaking! When you're escaping in the car and Jason flips it with a knife and you're left floating in orbit, that is game-breaking! And, now with the introduction of the no damage window glitch, when counselors can hurl themselves out of an upperfloor window repeatedly and survive the night, that is, you guessed it, game-breaking! Eventually enough has to be enough as the game is failing the very fans and franchise that it promised to strive to deliver for. I've posted my opinions here in the hope to strengthen the voice of the disgruntled fanbase and obtain some clarity on the situation. In doing so I've had a decent conversation with @OCT 31 1978 but still feel more hope than certainty that things will get better. Do I think throwing money at the issue will resolve it? Let's just say I believe that hiring the most competent team for the job is the answer and so far GM have been happy to drag their feet with the tried and trusted. Is Black Tower going to deliver? Well they worked briefly with IllFonic on F13 previously and have picked up the reins now that IllFonic have departed. But going by what I've seen so far I'm not convinced they are the best team for the job. There are games out there with a lot more complicated mechanics that do not contain game-breaking glitches. So perhaps a suggestion would be to bring in a more reputable dev team, change the game engine if it's that broken and get the desired results; I can dream. Black Tower definitely do not have an extensive games development CV - 1 PS3 game developed back in 2014 and some mobile games. But I would love for them to prove me wrong.

P.S. I hope you're reading the comments others have directed towards you. We can't all be wrong.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Next patch targeted for next week. Shift, sense and window/cancel animation issues to be fixed.

and.. environment kill fix??¿¿?  😟

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Personally I feel that those who funded on Kickstarter should have the option of having their money returned to them if a product reaches a certain amount of profitability.

Kickstarter essentially asks the general public to be investors on projects that may not come to fruition at all.  Typically investors get a return on said investment - but in KS land it's "free" investment where the creators can massively profit and not answer to anyone.  

F13 made over $100M (maybe higher who knows).  Dev costs aside which I'm sure overall exceeded the kickstarter - it would be a bit naïve to believe that the heads of this company didn't get a fat personal paycheck from a product made possible by KS.

I backed the game on Kickstarter for a few hundred dollars and don’t want any of that money back....

Regardless of the bugs that have been in the game for.......EVER.....and new ones.........I have definitely gotten my money’s worth from this game and that’s before you throw in the Backer exclusives I received.....that’s just in game fun I have had.

And it would be ridiculous to think that this game didn’t provide huge revenue for Gun Media and I am glad it did....it may have always been a fan project but a business doesn’t continue to move forward without generating profits.

16 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Everyone is open to criticism as long as it is justified and in the case of the game and it's 2 year and almost 3 months life cycle, we can clearly see there is valid room for criticism. As a business you should strive for the highest excellence possible as it not only pertains to your reputation in the field but also determines what your consumers think of you and the products and or service you provide. Now since launch the game has had non stop issues ranging from Database login errors, car rubber banding, excess of weapons and items for counselors, kill cam's that shake like they are having a seizure, kills that bug out, floating counselor and Jason bugs, spectator bug, people who exploited through walls and onto roofs, interaction lock issues, hit detection issues, combat stance issues, blocking issues, weapons not connecting at all, flare guns not registering hits, items floating off the ground, dead counselors disappearing into the ground, cars being destroyed by throwing knives, the new window hopping bug, Jason getting shift and sense at the same time, shift cooldown's being minimal etc...etc... i could keep going. Now any other company putting out a product or service that had this many issues consistently for 2+ years would be criticized heavily and it would be warranted. I love the game don't get me wrong, but we have to call a spade a spade and this is beyond unacceptable. There is absolutely no excuse for the game to be in the shape it is in after this long, let alone every patch always brings new problems instead of just getting rid of them. For those on here who defend the game and go against what all of us who call out everything on, how will you feel when the day comes (and i am sure it isn't too far off in the future) when they can no longer maintain dedicated servers and support for the game and it is left in a broken, buggy glitchy state like it is in now. Will you still defend it then?

Businesses should strive for excellence, if they want to stay in good standing with their customers. Sadly, not every business that exists lives by such a standard. It would be nice if they did.

If and when the dedicated servers are shut down for good, people could still play the bots and challenges, for all they are worth. If we are fortunate, then maybe online play with the occasional host quitting could still be an option.

13 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Hopefully the patch will undo some of the damage, and get things back on track.

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

That would be nice if that was a thing. I'm sure everyone could do with an unexpected payday.

21 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Everyone is open to criticism as long as it is justified and in the case of the game and it's 2 year and almost 3 months life cycle, we can clearly see there is valid room for criticism. As a business you should strive for the highest excellence possible as it not only pertains to your reputation in the field but also determines what your consumers think of you and the products and or service you provide. Now since launch the game has had non stop issues ranging from Database login errors, car rubber banding, excess of weapons and items for counselors, kill cam's that shake like they are having a seizure, kills that bug out, floating counselor and Jason bugs, spectator bug, people who exploited through walls and onto roofs, interaction lock issues, hit detection issues, combat stance issues, blocking issues, weapons not connecting at all, flare guns not registering hits, items floating off the ground, dead counselors disappearing into the ground, cars being destroyed by throwing knives, the new window hopping bug, Jason getting shift and sense at the same time, shift cooldown's being minimal etc...etc... i could keep going. Now any other company putting out a product or service that had this many issues consistently for 2+ years would be criticized heavily and it would be warranted. I love the game don't get me wrong, but we have to call a spade a spade and this is beyond unacceptable. There is absolutely no excuse for the game to be in the shape it is in after this long, let alone every patch always brings new problems instead of just getting rid of them. For those on here who defend the game and go against what all of us who call out everything on, how will you feel when the day comes (and i am sure it isn't too far off in the future) when they can no longer maintain dedicated servers and support for the game and it is left in a broken, buggy glitchy state like it is in now. Will you still defend it then?

As long as there is any enjoyment whatsoever to be had playing the game, I'll keep playing.

But to be totally honest, yes, the constant patch-related problems ARE creeping into "Ridiculous" territory. It's like if you had Gonorrhea, went to the doctor, and got a prescription. You take it to the pharmacy, get the meds, start taking them, and a week later you've got Gonorrhea AND Herpes.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2019 at 4:54 AM, Official_Adam_W said:

yes.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

As long as there is any enjoyment whatsoever to be had playing the game, I'll keep playing.

But to be totally honest, yes, the constant patch-related problems ARE creeping into "Ridiculous" territory. It's like if you had Gonorrhea, went to the doctor, and got a prescription. You take it to the pharmacy, get the meds, start taking them, and a week later you've got Gonorrhea AND Herpes.

out of all the ways people have discribed the broken updates bringing more glitches, this is by far the best. well done sir. herpes for all. and all a good night.

• Haha 1

People who do, please stop multi posting. It states clearly in the rules to not do it.

Also seemingly a lot of talk unrelated to the patch and too much into what Gun is/should/have done. There's a feedback section for getting into things like that; we would prefer you leave patch feedback and discuss gameplay here, not talk about business practices and such.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:55 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

Has there been an update somewhere about this?

Or is this based on their Beyond stream last week? 

A fix is in final testing for the Jason abilities plus Counselor Animation Cancel (window issue).

Target is Friday at the latest on all 3 platforms. This includes bringing the updated patch to PC that was delayed by these issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

A fix is in final testing for the Jason abilities plus Counselor Animation Cancel (window issue).

Target is Friday at the latest on all 3 platforms. This includes bringing the updated patch to PC that was delayed by these issues.

Testing as in, "Somebody has sat down, picked up a controller, turned the game on, and ACTUALLY PLAYED IT?"

are-you-sure-a2k88q.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Testing as in, "Somebody has sat down, picked up a controller, turned the game on, and ACTUALLY PLAYED IT?"

I hope so, otherwise I’m embarrassed by my Woot, 🤣.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, Official_Adam_W said:

I don't know if anyone else experienced any but we didn't at all.

At least you tried... but you have it right here. Not everyone even experiences bugs in a playthrough of any game... but this does not mean they do not exist in the game. In the steam community for this game there is a pinned post by the developers... it is in a language I cannot understand... but "Achou algum bug?" translates to "found a bug?" There are several replies (also not in english) beneath it. Although I cannot understand what is being talked about... the replies do not appear to be "no." 
   F13 does indeed have some persistent bugs that are very annoying... I am in complete agreement with you and everyone else on that... and I hope the annoying bugs get fixed without screwing the game over. But some people get very rude about it and that literally helps no one, and CAN actually hurt the situation... Lowering the morale of the people doing the job does not make for a job well done. I still play through many matches, and sometimes entire nights without seeing a single bug... Entire nights of this is, of course... rare, and always has been rare to see no bugs in a full night's worth of matches as I often play for many hours in one night.
   People getting this upset over a game that literally cost them a case of beer makes little sense to me.

As to a game that has this amount of issues at this age... of the top of my head... Skyrim. It is older than this game and I experience more bugs playing it than F13... granted, most are minor...But Skyrim is also made by a triple A developer.... which we cannot compare to any company using a small team to fix issues... but there it is. I could also put in the list here every single game I own... which is a lot as I have been playing video games longer than many people in these forums have been alive.
    Also... Witcher 3... the bugs surrounding his horse have never been fixed... and those are not the only ones.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

There you go with that again. Trying to twist someone's impression of a game just like you did with me

Did I point out a fact that you didn't like at some point?... The answer to this is most likely yes. You can feel free to prove me wrong at ANY time... I can admit when I am wrong when FACTS that I did not know at the time present themselves... Can you say the same?

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

if a bigger group of community could've help influenced the company's decision. 

Now you are talking out your ass... Many people complained about not getting Uber and Grendel... after the "no new content" announcement... you were one of them, were you not? Many of us were... with many saying they should having concentrated on that... and scrapped everything else given to us in the engine upgrade... and MANY got very rude about it... This is literally the definition of people trying to tell a company how they should run their company... Knowing they had this power or not is irrelevant.
   I am also NOT trying to enlighten anyone's opinion of ANY company... just pointing out their unrealistic expectations... which apparently slipped right by you.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, NScarlato said:

This is the funniest thing I have read all day... Unrealistic expectations. If you want money from an investment, than invest in a company... that is not now, and never was what a kick starter was about.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, malloymk said:

What a dumbass argument. Nobody is saying there are games that are completely bug free.

These forums are full of people literally (if not figuratively) demanding that this game be bug free... and complaining of how it should have been bug free a long time ago... So my question is completely relevant here... The fact you would dismiss something that IS relevant leaves your opinions as... uniformed and invalid... or what we call... a dumbass argument.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you, because clearly we share different levels of expectations and opinions on what is acceptable from a product/service provider.

If your level of expectations with any company is as high as your expectation for Gun Media... You will have nothing but issues with everything you ever buy if you scrutinize anything else as much as you do this game.
   If the laws made your level of expectations relevant to the video game world, we would all still be playing games of the same quality as Pac Man and Donkey Kong. And the kill glitch bug is not game breaking when you are still finishing the game now is it?... If you can finish a game... then it is not game breaking... Although there are still bugs that do cause games to not finish... But that would be match breaking, not game breaking... There is a huge difference between the two.
   Because you played a game and saw no bugs... does not mean there are no bugs. I googled Ultra Street Fighter IV and there has been no update for a long time, but apparently there were horrendous "game breaking" bugs for quite a while... Does this remind you of another game? I bet it does. There has really been nothing new said about this game since 2015... So it would be hard to say for sure that it is "bug free" as this cannot be proven... I cannot find an old list of bugs for that one, let alone a current list, or a mention that the last bug was fixed. It takes more than one person having some bug free games to prove a game is bug free.
   This one is also made by Capcom... who have been around the block a few times... so now you are comparing what a huge company can do vs a small company like Gun. Do you understand what mitigating circumstances are?
    Also... I do have matches in this very game where I do not see ANY bugs... but I am smart enough to know that playing one bug free match, does not mean the game is bug free... Which is something you need to learn apparently.
    This post is getting a bit long... so thanks for trying to answer my question at least. Now take the game you mentioned, and the game @Official_Adam_W mentioned... and the number of video games in existence... Even if these two games were bug free... and until we see actual proof, believing that would be a dumbass maneuver... wouldn't it @malloymk? That would make the percentage of bug free games out there to be.... 0.00002%.... or at the very least, the number would be VERY similar to this and sure as shit would not even reach two decimal places away from zero... I do not know how many games exist, but the number is VERY high. Are you seeing where this is an unrealistic expectation yet? I hope so.
    If there were a long list of bug free games that any gamer could list off the top of their head... then yes... my expectations for bugs in this game would be MUCH higher... But I live in the real world... and that is why this is an unrealistic expectation.... Thank you for your co operation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I hope so, otherwise I’m embarrassed by my Woot, 🤣.

I hope so too. Testing a patch is a little more complicated than simply running a quick check for coding or compatibility errors. Somebody needs to actually sit their ass down and PLAY.... THE... GAME! Hook it up to a LAN or something so somebody can play as a counselor and try to use the window exploit, don't just load Off-Bots and say "Well, Shift activates on time now, so it looks like everythings A-ok!"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I hope so too. Testing a patch is a little more complicated than simply running a quick check for coding or compatibility errors. Somebody needs to actually sit their ass down and PLAY.... THE... GAME! Hook it up to a LAN or something so somebody can play as a counselor and try to use the window exploit, don't just load Off-Bots and say "Well, Shift activates on time now, so it looks like everythings A-ok!"

I’ll take the job position to be the game tester and get paid to play the game. I’d even do it for free. Seems the community can list out the games flaws significantly better than the entire  devs/testers/team. How hard can it be do sit down and play the game for a couple hours to see what bugs exist in the game? Realistically, how long do the testers even sit down and play? 5 minutes?

7 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ll take the job position to be the game tester and get paid to play the game. I’d even do it for free. Seems the community can list out the games flaws significantly better than the entire  devs/testers/team. How hard can it be do sit down and play the game for a couple hours to see what bugs exist in the game? Realistically, how long do the testers even sit down and play? 5 minutes?

Honestly, I don't think they test-play it at all. That's the only way I can see them not realizing that Sense and Shift now activate together before the last patch was dropped. Even one Off-Bot round would have made it obvious, so it seems either A] Nobody bothered to run even one play-test, or B] They did play-test, knew about the problem, but released the patch anyway.

I'm hoping the "final testing" @mattshotcha mentioned is ACTUAL TESTING, the kind where somebody literally takes a controller and plays the game like a player, not a developer. Watch some YouTube videos if necessary to see how people are performing the exploits, then play BOTH SIDES (Jason and Counselor) and see if they can replicate the glitches (and if they can, hold off releasing the patch until they can't). 

This is an excellent chance to restore a little of the player-bases confidence in the Dev team, provided enough ACTUAL TESTING has been done to ensure the issue is actually fixed. 

• Like 4