Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Truly.... In the real world.... before you can legitimately criticize ANYONE's work, you have to be able to do a better job at it than them...

Not to play Devil's Advocate my friend, but if I order a Big Mac at McDonalds and it arrives with a used condom where the beef patty is supposed to be, I don't have to be an employee to tell you you fucked up my order :D

On a serious note, I haven't really noticed much change post-patch aside from the window animation-cancel. I tried just walking through barricaded doors but nope, still had to break them down to get inside. I've come across bear-traps at the top of stairs, but haven't seen anyone on rooftops. Had a game last night where most of the lobby kept trying to glitch onto the roof and didn't accomplish shit the whole game. Next round comes and I'm Jason, so I dump all 5 of my traps right at the shack's entrance and time how long it takes until someone comes for the sweater (ended up being just shy of 4 minutes). I guess if you can't cheat, trying to kill Jason is a 2nd choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

If you walked into a restaurant and blew up at the cashier because your order was screwed up 3 or 4 times in a row, how do you think you would look in the eyes of the other customers, or even the staff that prepared your food? How would the ones preparing your food handle your next order? If you've seen the hidden camera footage of that situation, it would make you want to stop eating fast food for life. It's the manager's job to get their staff in line, not ours. Regardless of how any of us feel, they will run their house their way, even if that way could use some improvements based on the views of the outsiders looking in.

 

In this scenario if you yelled at a cashier for your order being messed up 3-4 times i would say that others around hearing exactly what the issue was would probably understand and sympathize as anyone in that situation would be frustrated. Now i am not saying blowing up at a cashier is the answer but being angry and frustrated is acceptable. If you pay for a product and or service there is an expectation and if it is not met and messed up multiple times then the people responsible should be held accountable. I myself would not worry about what people around me are going to think, at the end of a day we pay for products and services, There are standards to be upheld in every business and they should be met and if they are not then people have the right to state why and give proof/details to show that they are justified in calling out these issues. In the case of the game, it has been out for over 2 years, now since day one there has always been issues, with every patch something may be fixed but multiple more issues would arise and this has been a consistent track record. Whether you are a backer or not, we all paid for the game and in doing so we have the expectation that it does work. Sure every game has it's bumps usually at the start of it's cycle however this game is in over 2 years and there is no excuse for it to be in the state it is in. In regards to the change in dev team, yes Illfonic had issues correcting the issues that were present from day 1 until their departure, now we have black tower studio who seem to be in the same position (going by the patches that they have done so far). Now in any business an employee is required to provide a standard of performance, if that is not met they get warnings depending on the nature of their performance and behaviours. After a certain point if there isn't solid consistent improvement with less to no errors, that employee will be terminated and the employer will state why. This is exactly where the community is in regards to the game, the state it is in and how things have been handled. The game is 2 years+ in and there is no excuse for why the game is in the state it is in and every paying customer/backer has the right to voice their opinions and reasons for their dissatisfaction without fear of being told they are being toxic or attacking people especially if there isn't direct personal verbal assaults going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not to play Devil's Advocate my friend, but if I order a Big Mac at McDonalds and it arrives with a used condom where the beef patty is supposed to be, I don't have to be an employee to tell you you fucked up my order :D

On a serious note, I haven't really noticed much change post-patch aside from the window animation-cancel. I tried just walking through barricaded doors but nope, still had to break them down to get inside. I've come across bear-traps at the top of stairs, but haven't seen anyone on rooftops. Had a game last night where most of the lobby kept trying to glitch onto the roof and didn't accomplish shit the whole game. Next round comes and I'm Jason, so I dump all 5 of my traps right at the shack's entrance and time how long it takes until someone comes for the sweater (ended up being just shy of 4 minutes). I guess if you can't cheat, trying to kill Jason is a 2nd choice.

What?? I’m the only one that enjoys a McCondom with cheese???

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shainto said:

Matt announced that a new patch should be out next week to fix the new issues caused by the patch. 

Well, I look forward to the new patch where they fix Jason's shift and the counselor animation cancel, and the 20 new bugs it'll introduce.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

In this scenario if you yelled at a cashier for your order being messed up 3-4 times i would say that others around hearing exactly what the issue was would probably understand and sympathize as anyone in that situation would be frustrated. Now i am not saying blowing up at a cashier is the answer but being angry and frustrated is acceptable. If you pay for a product and or service there is an expectation and if it is not met and messed up multiple times then the people responsible should be held accountable. I myself would not worry about what people around me are going to think, at the end of a day we pay for products and services, There are standards to be upheld in every business and they should be met and if they are not then people have the right to state why and give proof/details to show that they are justified in calling out these issues. In the case of the game, it has been out for over 2 years, now since day one there has always been issues, with every patch something may be fixed but multiple more issues would arise and this has been a consistent track record. Whether you are a backer or not, we all paid for the game and in doing so we have the expectation that it does work. Sure every game has it's bumps usually at the start of it's cycle however this game is in over 2 years and there is no excuse for it to be in the state it is in. In regards to the change in dev team, yes Illfonic had issues correcting the issues that were present from day 1 until their departure, now we have black tower studio who seem to be in the same position (going by the patches that they have done so far). Now in any business an employee is required to provide a standard of performance, if that is not met they get warnings depending on the nature of their performance and behaviours. After a certain point if there isn't solid consistent improvement with less to no errors, that employee will be terminated and the employer will state why. This is exactly where the community is in regards to the game, the state it is in and how things have been handled. The game is 2 years+ in and there is no excuse for why the game is in the state it is in and every paying customer/backer has the right to voice their opinions and reasons for their dissatisfaction without fear of being told they are being toxic or attacking people especially if there isn't direct personal verbal assaults going on.

And yet that was what was going on, there were several personal / verbal assaults... some have been deleted by Matt and Kodiak.

your post is a perfect example of how to post your issues and concerns....

calling the game a “piece of shit”.....the developers ” incompetent”  “useless” “pointless” etc is indeed toxic.....

this forum devolved into quite a negative place for a while in the past and many of its members don’t want it to regress to that again....

The team definitely messed up....again.

And the game should definitely be in a way better place....But I am not going to sit here and read post after post that inspires a toxic environment.

Posting complains and Criticisms/ opinions is one thing..... putting down the game the team and the members of the forum is not.

@The Milwauking Dead

Mc Condom with cheese and special sauce on a Sesame seed bun....yummy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shainto said:

Matt announced that a new patch should be out next week to fix the new issues caused by the patch. 

To be fair, this was also the dev assumption made about how long a roof patch would take when they began working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Well at this point it’s thursday morning, has it come to pc yet, or are they holding off?

Holding off according to Matt on the stream today hot fix coming next week hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Official_Adam_W, not everyone would choose to yell at the cashier. There's a reason why restaurants have managers.

I get that many people are extremely upset at this point. They want answers. I just disagree with the approach some people take to get them.

@OCT 31 1978, the devolution seems to happen after every patch. Give it a week or two, and people will hopefully calm down a bit.

@SDA, a lot of the anger around this game comes from assumptions made.

@HaHaTrumpWon, this is why I only eat the McNuggets and french fries from McDonald's these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@Official_Adam_W, not everyone would choose to yell at the cashier. There's a reason why restaurants have managers.

I get that many people are extremely upset at this point. They want answers. I just disagree with the approach some people take to get them.

@OCT 31 1978, the devolution seems to happen after every patch. Give it a week or two, and people will hopefully calm down a bit.

@SDA, a lot of the anger around this game comes from assumptions made.

@HaHaTrumpWon, this is why I only eat the McNuggets and french fries from McDonald's these days.

You can fit an entire 6 piece McNuggets in a condom...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also to be fair to those on the more frustrated side of the coin - this game has NEVER been clear of bugs.  Since release, up until now, this game has had game-breaking bugs.  I mean I played a game a few weeks ago on PS4 where we fixed the 4-seater, we all got it, and after driving a few feet the car fell through the ground and the game said w all suicided.  How is this fun for anyone?  Things like this, while hysterical at first, are unacceptable.

Some of us might have hoped that in exchange for not releasing any new content they could at least clean it up - but that clearly is not the case and never will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Also to be fair to those on the more frustrated side of the coin - this game has NEVER been clear of bugs.  Since release, up until now, this game has had game-breaking bugs.  I mean I played a game a few weeks ago on PS4 where we fixed the 4-seater, we all got it, and after driving a few feet the car fell through the ground and the game said w all suicided.  How is this fun for anyone?  Things like this, while hysterical at first, are unacceptable.

Some of us might have hoped that in exchange for not releasing any new content they could at least clean it up - but that clearly is not the case and never will be.

I’d agree. Except that’s exactly what they told us would happen. They said with no more new content, they could focus on polishing the game and making it bug free. It was the “silver lining” of the lawsuit announcement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @OCT 31 1978 for your response. I have deliberated over it for some time and come to the conclusion that because there is no service-level agreement between Gun Media and the end-user (we play their product instead of using their service), we will have to accept that they will continue to "resolve" issues in their own manner, to their own standard, as per the Terms of Use agreement. Providing feedback can be helpful as long as it is constructively supportive and not over emotional, no matter the lengthy duration that we have been tolerating these ongoing issues, because we are all in the same boat. Also, placing blame or being apologetic are equally not required, as neither of those things will actually change how Gun Media choose to progress/regress on this project. And I guess I'll never know to what level Gun Media are prepared to use their resources to strive for excellence. Sorry to sound negative, but going by what I've seen so far, it was fun while it lasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

You can fit an entire 6 piece McNuggets in a condom...

Translation: I have a small pen0r.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@F13 Seppuku Squad 

your post is not negative. It is your option and how you view the game in its current state and you are completely welcome to it and to share it.

It is quite upsetting where the game is currently, and especially with every patch the norm is several other issues seem to become added into the mix.

I do have hope if they do release the hot fix next week as @mattshotcha has said in their Tales from the stream episode..... it will fix the “value” issues with Jason’s shift and the counselors canceling interactions.... this will be a good step forward as long as nothing else is added to the mix....and at least we haven’t seen anyone on the roof on consoles still..😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I meant 20 piece.......

No take-backs.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NScarlato, I guess the voluntary choice to drive the car into an invisible hole counts as suicide. The passengers didn't necessarily agree to that when they were along for the ride. I'm still trying to understand the logic on that one.

@F13 Seppuku Squad, you raise an interesting point. I could see where the "what you get is what you get" logic would blanket them regarding all complaints. If that's true, then complaints would likely fall on deaf ears. I hope that's not the case though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick Roy part 5 Jason with green outfit covered in blood.

Every time I get picked in quickplay Jason becomes a random Jason with messed up textures after the new patch.

Not Roy that I selected. Random counselor issues too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

And yet that was what was going on, there were several personal / verbal assaults... some have been deleted by Matt and Kodiak.

your post is a perfect example of how to post your issues and concerns....

calling the game a “piece of shit”.....the developers ” incompetent”  “useless” “pointless” etc is indeed toxic.....

this forum devolved into quite a negative place for a while in the past and many of its members don’t want it to regress to that again....

The team definitely messed up....again.

And the game should definitely be in a way better place....But I am not going to sit here and read post after post that inspires a toxic environment.

Posting complains and Criticisms/ opinions is one thing..... putting down the game the team and the members of the forum is not.

@The Milwauking Dead

Mc Condom with cheese and special sauce on a Sesame seed bun....yummy 

Agree with most, except that calling the developers "incompetent" is toxic.

Being competent means that you are capable of handling your business in a timely and efficient manner.

The developers have, time and time again, failed to handle their business in a timely and efficient manner.  Thus, calling them "incompetent," is totally accurate.

I'm sure they're nice people, and don't deserve to be called nasty names, but let's face facts here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not to play Devil's Advocate my friend, but if I order a Big Mac at McDonalds and it arrives with a used condom where the beef patty is supposed to be, I don't have to be an employee to tell you you fucked up my order

   Any idiot can make a burger... it takes a special kind of idiot to screw that up... so yes... literally all of us have the right to complain if they screw that up as we are all able to do a better job than that already... But we are not talking about something that takes 40 seconds of training to pull off....
    On an even more serious note... I will never eat a hamburger again... well... at least not today... I bet you next time I eat a hamburger... I will think of your comparison here. This does not bode well for hamburgers as a future meal for me... You have killed burgers for me... for a while at least... Damn!

   Here, we are talking about programmers  that may need to sift through millions of lines of code, not slap a burger on a bun and sprinkle toppings on it... or change two or three parts in a car.
   Making a video game or fixing the bugs and glitches in a video game is far beyond what most of us are capable of... and many people seem to think a game should be bug free two years in... I challenge them all to name one game that is only two years old and completely bug free... just one... And that would still change nothing if they could ever find one... There are many triple A games far older than this with many more bugs than this game... and this game was not made by triple A devs…. I never expect this game or any other to be perfect, that is unrealistic.

   Most people do not take kindly to others that do not know what they are talking about telling them how to do their job. Many of us have been there and know full well how this feels already... There is always some asshole that knows nothing about what you or I do... but they sure think they know everything about it and will start telling us how we should be doing our job... or how everything we did was wrong.... And people using simple comparisons like the hamburger thing to complex jobs like coding a video game... I mean some people might think that is a good comparison when in fact the amount of differences in the two jobs leave them light years apart. 
    All this does is bring down morale... which brings down quality and quantity of whatever is being worked on in ANY workplace... which is not what anybody here wants I would hope... Well... I bet there are a few people out there who would like to see the game die... but that is not us.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I haven't really noticed much change post-patch aside from the window animation-cancel. I tried just walking through barricaded doors but nope, still had to break them down to get inside. I've come across bear-traps at the top of stairs, but haven't seen anyone on rooftops. Had a game last night where most of the lobby kept trying to glitch onto the roof and didn't accomplish shit the whole game. Next round comes and I'm Jason, so I dump all 5 of my traps right at the shack's entrance and time how long it takes until someone comes for the sweater (ended up being just shy of 4 minutes). I guess if you can't cheat, trying to kill Jason is a 2nd choice.

   The whole door thing, much like the car rubber banding thing... latency issue. There is always lag between two or more players... even if they are in the same room, which makes it plain for all who can see it. People calling Matt out for lying about this need to get their head examined... or at least need to understand what they are talking about first.
    I am happy to hear that the roof top dancers will not taunt us a second time... There was apparently good news with this patch too... But I so rarely saw anyone on the roof tops that I never really considered it much of a problem myself.
    Many players have said in the past that dodging shift is easy... now they will get a lot more practice at it with the increased shift regeneration... By the time that is removed, many players that stick it out will be MUCH better at avoiding shift grabs... But many Jason players may improve their shift grabs as well with all the practice they will get... That one is a bit of a double edged sword.
    Cancelling the window leaping animation apparently leaves the counselor invulnerable to crashing through windows and damage from broken windows... and even from second story windows... Thick skin is no longer required to help get through more broken windows... and med sprays will not be eaten up by broken window damage, because the is no damage done... When window loopers figure this out, Jason players will be living an all new nightmare... This one is going to cause a whole lot more issues than the Super Shifty Jason... Particularly if the shift regen is fixed first.
 

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Whether you are a backer or not, we all paid for the game and in doing so we have the expectation that it does work.

   I am not a backer... But I paid full price for this game... What was it?... Let's say $44... hell, let's make it $50 for shits and giggles + $17.84 for the DLCs as they are still the same price... for a grand total of... $67.84. I have played 1360 hours to date... bringing my costs down to $0.04 per hour in game.... A pretty fair price so far... and it will get lower as my hours in game continue to rise... but how many demands does $0.04 per hour of play get ANY of us?... Absolutely no more than the initial cost would in your first hour of play would be the correct answer... which is never much to begin with.
    If the game did not work... I would not have 1360 hours in... and ANY judge in the world would laugh at your demands under these circumstances. Let alone how much you paid vs your hours in game... and trying to claim it doesn't work... Can you imagine the laughter from the entire court room if you asked for your money back after playing as many hours as you have?... or I have?
    The game has issues, but it works... It has always had issues... but it works... it probably will always have issues, until the day the plug gets pulled... but until then it seems it is working... just with some issues... like every other video game in existence has. As a matter of fact... people have actually been playing the game and listing their issues with it here... which would be impossible if the game did not work.
    If you really think this game should be bug free after two years... Then please, give us all a common frame of reference and name one game that is the same age as this one and has zero bugs. 

     I am not happy with the situation either... and I have not even played this patch yet as it has not dropped on PC yet... But understand how your demands sounds... whether you care or not how it sounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After few matches of playing...noticed a "super councilor" who can instantly jump through windows (no climb animation). Def seems like an exploit, anybody see this? 

 

Also, calling Tommy/cop phone when holding button prompt it doesnt work sometimes, actually is doing the dialogue but it doesnt complete the call, you must do it again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

After few matches of playing...noticed a "super councilor" who can instantly jump through windows (no climb animation). Def seems like an exploit, anybody see this? 

 

Also, calling Tommy/cop phone when holding button prompt it doesnt work sometimes, actually is doing the dialogue but it doesnt complete the call, you must do it again 

Yeah pretty much everyone does it now. If Jason has a OP shift the OP window hopping kinda balances it. I def don’t shame anyone who uses the window hopping advantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Here, we are talking about programmers  that may need to sift through millions of lines of code, not slap a burger on a bun and sprinkle toppings on it... or change two or three parts in a car.

I said that to bring a little humor to the conversation. Humor relieves tension, which is something we've got a surplus of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

After few matches of playing...noticed a "super councilor" who can instantly jump through windows (no climb animation). Def seems like an exploit, anybody see this? 

 

Also, calling Tommy/cop phone when holding button prompt it doesnt work sometimes, actually is doing the dialogue but it doesnt complete the call, you must do it again 

 

45 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah pretty much everyone does it now. If Jason has a OP shift the OP window hopping kinda balances it. I def don’t shame anyone who uses the window hopping advantage. 

More reason why I hope the update on is on hold for PC until these issues are resolved.  I love my "Jank" in games, but this is just a bit too much for my liking.  If this update gets on PC, I'm uninstalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

 

More reason why I hope the update on is on hold for PC until these issues are resolved.  I love my "Jank" in games, but this is just a bit too much for my liking.  If this update gets on PC, I'm uninstalling.

It’s on hold for PC they said so you pry won’t have to deal with it. It is a bit much and can kinda annoy me at the same time as I can kinda have fun with it. But I’d rather for things to go back to normal. Surviving the night is way too EZ. Even with the super shift imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...