2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The new development team working on the game is not the same developers that designed it they have said this last patch was a lager undertaking because it was deep into the code changes that they were attempting to fix....

yes the patch has brought new issues as they all seem to........the developers don’t need raked over coals.

( I say this not because they don’t deserve it at this juncture of the game but because I know this won’t get the issues fixed any faster.)

.....it seems they need even more support from the community to help identify the issues that need fixed with the game we all love and want to see in as close to a bug free place.

This isn't how the real world works.  If any other business couldn't give you proper service after a set amount of screw ups you would not give them more support.

There's a difference between legitimate complaints about the product and someone conducting personal attacks on people. The new dev team didn't come on last week, they've been here for months.  At what point are they supposed to be responsible and accountable for what they do?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

This isn't how the real world works.  If any other business couldn't give you proper service after a set amount of screw ups you would not give them more support.

There's a difference between legitimate complaints about the product and someone conducting personal attacks on people. The new dev team didn't come on last week, they've been here for months.  At what point are they supposed to be responsible and accountable for what they do?

No one said they should not be accountable.

I said personal attacks will not get the game fixed and will create a toxic environment for all members old and new.

And you are wrong it is exactly how the world works we make choices on how we provide information especially when it comes to a crowd funded Indy development team. 

Manage your own expectations.... and you will never feel the need to Attack others attempting to fix the thing we love.

• Like 1

Keep white knighting for them, never change.

People lose their jobs for incompetent work on a regular basis in the real world. Go give your boss broken or half baked work and see how long you last.  I guarantee your boss isn't going to wring his/her hands to the administration saying you need continued support despite your shoddy work.

Thank God, gun has people like you who will give continued support to them regardless of the quality of the product they give you and will actively defend the product from any criticism justified or not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

People lose their jobs for incompetent work on a regular basis in the real world. Go give your boss broken or half baked work and see how long you last.  I guarantee your boss isn't going to wring his/her hands to the administration saying you need continued support despite your shoddy work.

Thank God, gun has people like you who will give continued support to them regardless of the quality of the product they give you and will actively defend the product from any criticism justified or not.

Right, now you're just being nasty. This isn't the real world and you don't know what happens internally at Gun.

Opinions and criticisms are fine but if you get to be too much or get personal, then I'll step in.

• Thanks 1

It doesn't matter what's happening internally at Gun.  Unless they are being held hostage by gunmen and being forced to release sub par work then i'll give them a break. 

They are heading a product experience that they either unable or unwilling to fix.

I don't need your permission to have an opinion about them or their product.  Never once have i personally attacked anyone at Gun - unless you consider criticism of their inability to manage  the game to be a personal attack which I get the idea that you do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Ok I will. Thanks for the support.

This only Mattes in the context of Work you are providing......I am not worried about the work I provide to my employer as it is based on increasing continued productivity. Something I am rather good at...😉

I know one thing they are an Indy developer and have always had a small team working on the game....

I expect things to fall through the cracks.

I also expect them to fix them.

and through all the issues......

they have provided everything they said they would with the Kickstarter campaign....minus a Jason A.I. 

the game was produced physically and digitally on all platforms specified....

All rewards shipped out...(extremely late in some cases.)

on-line, off-line capability’s....

continued bug fixes and balancing even though no longer able to provide new monetary content....

And still have provided a Game I only dreamed of......that I still get more enjoyment from then irritation.

So yeah, I will continue to support them and continue to tell them there are things that need fixed constructively or share ideas that could help make the game /play/run smoother/ and better......the alternative of that would be pointless...just like the negative derogatory comments.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

So you’re saying you’re the bad guy?! Because the expression white knight means the same as white hat, the hero or good guy. 

Actually you probably mean it like an insult, which makes it a personal attack, does it not? Yes I know you said gun but Oct. was talking about the forums.

Some of us would like to have a nice camp, we can see how many of our members choose not to manage their own feelings or simply choose the worst times to express their feelings in any case. When you virtue signal by calling someone a white knight, you are making it a more toxic place. 

You do you but keep in mind, the Mods don’t answer to us, it’s their house.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

It doesn't matter what's happening internally at Gun.  Unless they are being held hostage by gunmen and being forced to release sub par work then i'll give them a break. 

They are heading a product experience that they either unable or unwilling to fix.

I don't need your permission to have an opinion about them or their product.  Never once have i personally attacked anyone at Gun - unless you consider criticism of their inability to manage  the game to be a personal attack which I get the idea that you do.

I consider overt hostility towards Gun and our community to be 'personal attacks'. You're insulting other members on this thread. Stop it.

As for 'being raked over the coals for not doing their job', well you're in no position to make that call, are you? Don't try and rile up other members into that kind of thinking, it's toxic.

• Like 1

My question is, when is the next patch going to come out to fix these new issues especially? The game is so incredibly broken right now. Surviving the night is a breeze, even against super shift Jason. Counselors can just dive through windows and get back up immediately and not take any damage. These issues needs fixed asap. 

I’ve ran into several players doing the window dive bug to. More people are figuring out how to do it and the players shouldn’t be to blame for doing it. There’s been a lot of pissed off jasons in lobbies getting mad at counselors for doing it. But how can they be mad when they have a OP shift? And the devs are to blame for this issue not the players... 

1 hour ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Your opinions are clear... and uniformed... Before you continue... name one single game EVER produced that is bug free... just one. You will find this task to be EXTREMELY difficult... and even if you can pull this off... which I doubt... The list of games from triple A developers that are MUCH older than this game and have WAY more bugs is quite extensive... and that alone is enough for my point.

Truly.... In the real world.... before you can legitimately criticize ANYONE's work, you have to be able to do a better job at it than them... which I truly doubt that you could. I always enjoyed listening to people who know absolutely nothing about my job trying to tell me how to do my job... it is incredibly easy to make them look like the morons they are... particularly if they are dumb enough to get rude about it. But in my line of work, this is all done face to face... not hiding behind the internet where they can make legitimate reasons look like crappy excuses to the rest of the uninformed that know nothing about how to do the job in question.

I also find it funny how you and a few others will probably read this as me defending the devs…. and you would be wrong. I am not happy with the state of the game either... it has quite a few issues that are annoying. I find it even funnier that many people will not even make it this far into this very post... four sentences is often just too much effort for some people.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Manage your own expectations.... and you will never feel the need to Attack others attempting to fix the thing we love.

Words of wisdom.
   Most of us here are truly passionate about this game... and when something happens that hurts our experiences in game... many of us get upset. Some fly off the handle without thinking... But humans will be... human. 
   Non of us should post in anger... but many of us have in the past... including me. Lashing out at others NEVER helps the situation.
   Everyone should remember...Step back. Calm down. Think about what you are about to say before saying it. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone did this.

Alright, since we're looking for answers while attempting to maintain a fair tone with the issues, I'd like to know what the QA testing for this patch entailed, as the shift issue, at the very least, would seemingly become noticeable after a minute of testing.

I'm also curious why, back in May, after they'd been working on the game for several months, they assumed and stated a solution patch for the roof issue would be up within 2 weeks, and it took months. These seem like fair questions that deserve answers, especially with regards to the testing, considering that any patches require testing to produce.

@OCT 31 1978 I have a few questions for you. From reading previous comments it became evident that the current issue with Jason obtaining Shift quicker than normal and the faster rate of cooldown did not derive from the changes made to the game's interaction code, but because of intentional changes made to the values that govern the Shift activation and cooldown rates. Intentional changes that were made by the devs for testing purposes but accidentally left in the live patch and pushed out to the public.

So my question is, the game was broken by the negligence of the devs/testers, so at what point do you/the team/PR hold your/their hands up and actually issue an apology to not only the backers or the people who paid money for this game/dlc, but to anyone who continues to play this game despite its continued flaws? The likes of which should not be taking place at this stage of the games life cycle. The likes of which should not be tolorated when there are already more serious glitches that have persisted within the gameplay for OVER TWO YEARS, and we have been made to persevere with it all. This is what @ChaosLordWesker is refering to when he says that, that would not be acceptable in many places of work. Yet instead you and @Kodiak appear to want to chastise him into silence and accuse him of being toxic. I'm not saying that workers at Gun Media/IllFonic/Black Tower need to be made to walk the streets and shamed in public in order for everyone to be satisfied, but just some sort of indication that every single procedure is being taken to ensure a better game for us all and those who are not up to the standard are being held accountable.

Secondly, after Jason's Shift ability issue was identifed, why was a patch not immediately released within 24 hrs to revert the values back to normal? I'm not saying to roll back the patch entirely but just to correct the values - Patch 1.341 if you will. Surely, minimalising the damage that the last patch has created is better than just leaving it in its current state, no? Is there even a hotfix planned? How about an update please?

And thirdly, whilst we all understand that having a new team work on code that they did not write can be a strenuous task for any developer, why was this broken patch released when new issues had arisen? I understand that fixing the roof glitch was a big priority (and I am thankful), but surely not at the expense of introducing new bugs to the game. My point being that surely someone should have spotted that the patch was not ready for release and held it back until there was no knock-on effect with the interaction of other objects i.e. the no damage window and locking open doors glitches. And it is not an exceptable answer to say that the new interaction glicthes were not indentified before the patch release as that will only serve to highlight that very minimal testing was done and fail to preserve the integrity and validity of this or any patch, as seen thus far with the enviro kills glitch introduced last patch. These are not intermitent issues either. They can all be found with ease. So at what point do Gun Media say, "we cannot release another patch until it resolves exactly what we intend it to and without causing more problems than we already have," even if it takes months for Black Tower to destroy and rebuild the code and get it right?

At this point in the game Gun Media no longer require kickstarter money. The game sold almost 2 million copies in its first 3 months alone. And surely those Nintendo Switch sales are a nice cash injection. So can you see the fans' frustration when it doesn't seem as if Gun Media are investing in a quality team or demanding excellence?

I would greatly appreciate an answer to my questions as it could help me (and possibly others) to understand the perspective of the team, and direction of this game, a lot better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

@OCT 31 1978 I have a few questions for you. From reading previous comments it became evident that the current issue with Jason obtaining Shift quicker than normal and the faster rate of cooldown did not derive from the changes made to the game's interaction code, but because of intentional changes made to the values that govern the Shift activation and cooldown rates. Intentional changes that were made by the devs for testing purposes but accidentally left in the live patch and pushed out to the public.

So my question is, the game was broken by the negligence of the devs/testers, so at what point do you/the team/PR hold your/their hands up and actually issue an apology to not only the backers or the people who paid money for this game/dlc, but to anyone who continues to play this game despite its continued flaws? The likes of which should not be taking place at this stage of the games life cycle. The likes of which should not be tolorated when there are already more serious glitches that have persisted within the gameplay for OVER TWO YEARS, and we have been made to persevere with it all. This is what @ChaosLordWesker is refering to when he says that, that would not be acceptable in many places of work. Yet instead you and @Kodiak appear to want to chastise him into silence and accuse him of being toxic. I'm not saying that workers at Gun Media/IllFonic/Black Tower need to be made to walk the streets and shamed in public in order for everyone to be satisfied, but just some sort of indication that every single procedure is being taken to ensure a better game for us all and those who are not up to the standard are being held accountable.

Secondly, after Jason's Shift ability issue was identifed, why was a patch not immediately released within 24 hrs to revert the values back to normal? I'm not saying to roll back the patch entirely but just to correct the values - Patch 1.341 if you will. Surely, minimalising the damage that the last patch has created is better than just leaving it in its current state, no? Is there even a hotfix planned? How about an update please?

And thirdly, whilst we all understand that having a new team work on code that they did not write can be a strenuous task for any developer, why was this broken patch released when new issues had arisen? I understand that fixing the roof glitch was a big priority (and I am thankful), but surely not at the expense of introducing new bugs to the game. My point being that surely someone should have spotted that the patch was not ready for release and held it back until there was no knock-on effect with the interaction of other objects i.e. the no damage window and locking open doors glitches. And it is not an exceptable answer to say that the new interaction glicthes were not indentified before the patch release as that will only serve to highlight that very minimal testing was done and fail to preserve the integrity and validity of this or any patch, as seen thus far with the enviro kills glitch introduced last patch. These are not intermitent issues either. They can all be found with ease. So at what point do Gun Media say, "we cannot release another patch until it resolves exactly what we intend it to and without causing more problems than we already have," even if it takes months for Black Tower to destroy and rebuild the code and get it right?

At this point in the game Gun Media no longer require kickstarter money. The game sold almost 2 million copies in its first 3 months alone. And surely those Nintendo Switch sales are a nice cash injection. So can you see the fans' frustration when it doesn't seem as if Gun Media are investing in a quality team or demandin excellence?

I would grately appreciate an answer to my questions as it could help me (and possibly others) to understand the perspective of the team, and direction of this game, a lot better.

Very well said, in a nice respective manner. I agree with everything you said 1000000%. 

51 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

My question is, when is the next patch going to come out to fix these new issues especially?

They are are going to need time to figure out what went wrong since their own testing didn’t find these problems.....

I know players were able to find issues with the game much faster and report them but I feel we will always be the real game testers for this game....and that is really unfortunate.

...I agree these issues need fixed and the sooner the better...and the players are not to blame for them being used in the game.

I will also say unfortunately the dreaded “soon” will be used as they go through the issues and hot fix or patch them out.

28 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Words of wisdom.
   Most of us here are truly passionate about this game... and when something happens that hurts our experiences in game... many of us get upset. Some fly off the handle without thinking... But humans will be... human. 
   Non of us should post in anger... but many of us have in the past... including me. Lashing out at others NEVER helps the situation.
   Everyone should remember...Step back. Calm down. Think about what you are about to say before saying it. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone did this.

Exactly. Good post as usual.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

They are are going to need time to figure out what went wrong since their own testing didn’t find these problems.....

I know players were able to find issues with the game much faster and report them but I feel we will always be the real game testers for this game....and that is really unfortunate.

...I agree these issues need fixed and the sooner the better...and the players are not to blame for them being used in the game.

I will also say unfortunately the dreaded “soon” will be used as they go through the issues and hot fix or patch them out. 

That really sucks if we get the “soon” message from the team on the fix. I really hope it can be within a couple weeks or I hope they can strive to have it fixed for the switch release. If not the switch release is going to get a really broken version of the game. And last night I already had several rage quitters getting pissed off with how OP Jason and Counselors are now. Just makes me think, what’s gonna happen to the player base if this doesn’t get fixed asap..... this needs fixed in weeks not months. 

The lynch mob mentality needs to stop.

Most of us here agree that mistakes were made. I'm not gonna be one to sweep that under the rug. It has happened, the majority can agree to that.

Many people here are upset, and that's understandable. You have the right to be upset when the quality of your product doesn't meet your expectations. You do not, however, have the right to be verbally abusive to anyone just because you are upset. Check your emotions/egos/attitudes at the login screen.

If you walked into a restaurant and blew up at the cashier because your order was screwed up 3 or 4 times in a row, how do you think you would look in the eyes of the other customers, or even the staff that prepared your food? How would the ones preparing your food handle your next order? If you've seen the hidden camera footage of that situation, it would make you want to stop eating fast food for life. It's the manager's job to get their staff in line, not ours. Regardless of how any of us feel, they will run their house their way, even if that way could use some improvements based on the views of the outsiders looking in.

I backed the game like many others members have. I am not happy with the current state of the game. I've voiced my discontent on more than one occasion. But never once have I ever taken the low road in doing so.

For those who feel the need to grab their pitchfork and torch, consider these points:

1. Black Tower was pulled in to fix a game coded entirely by another company. Consider the equivalent of that being a native Latin speaker trying to translate Japanese text having only a little experience in the language. As one becomes more familiar with the language, they'll do better with it. I'd like to think the same holds true in the world of coding. Until I step into that world myself, I'll never really know.

2. Our community lead is trying to gather information to give the team an idea of what's broken. It takes a day or three to get all that feedback sorted out. There's no telling how long it will take to act on that feedback. We don't know what their next patch strategy is. Will they do an ASAP hotfix to deal with the smaller, quicker issues? Will they wait and do a bigger patch and fix a ton of stuff? All the personal attacks and complaints lacking any useful information are slowing down their efforts.

3. You have the option to not play, if you are truly unhappy with how the game is at the moment. Go get some fresh air, or do sudoku, or anything else that will calm you down and put your mind on something else. If your blood pressure is up because of the state of the game, put it down for a bit.

The road to a bug-free game has gotten considerably bumpier. Many of us here are looking forward to what is said on the next Beyond stream, as I'm sure they'll address the issues with this patch. I will be paying extra special attention, and see how they handle the fallout from this incident. In the meantime, I'll cope with the headless counselors running around.

• Like 1

I like to look on the bright side. This is the most epic opportunity to work on my shifts. Absolutely no one should be able to miss a shift grab/slash by the time they get a hotfix for super shift.

• Haha 1

A lot of hackers available in game this hackers blockıng jason ability and they do throw sky for jason grabs.. ı took a photo ! look at thıs ! after they can put less tıme for fınısh the game !!!!!! report or toxic behaviours menu need for players.. and other a lot of bugs and bugs...... 20190726162608_1.thumb.jpg.61acf6f851f7b274008257958300f53b.jpg

2 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

This may be the case and what @mattshotcha had been leaning towards...but neither of us know for sure so until an official announcement is put out by the development team it is still assumption.

So my question is, the game was broken by the negligence of the devs/testers, so at what point do you/the team/PR hold your/their hands up and actually issue an apology to not only the backers or the people who paid money for this game/dlc, but to anyone who continues to play this game despite its continued flaws? The likes of which should not be taking place at this stage of the games life cycle. The likes of which should not be tolorated when there are already more serious glitches that have persisted within the gameplay for OVER TWO YEARS, and we have been made to persevere with it all.

I, as well as everyone else have been dealing with the bugs and glitches.... and I am more than versed with how long they have been going on for as well.....

The difference is I chose to be constructive without negativity with my posts about what/how to fix the game. 

Make no mistake the developers have indeed dropped the ball with the testing of this patch as they have done with several in the past....but I also understand managing my own expectations within the confines of what the development team is capable of producing and the resources they have.

This is what @ChaosLordWesker is refering to when he says that, that would not be acceptable in many places of work. Yet instead you and @Kodiak appear to want to chastise him into silence and accuse him of being toxic.

I never nor did @Kodiak chastise anyone into silence..... in fact my post specifically said that Gun should be held accountable but there are ways to explain issues and problems without using derogatory or hurtful/ toxic insults or insinuations.

The terminology of raking them over coals and white knighting or should be fired over shoddy work insinuating incompetence are in fact toxic.

I'm not saying that workers at Gun Media/IllFonic/Black Tower need to be made to walk the streets and shamed in public in order for everyone to be satisfied, but just some sort of indication that every single procedure is being taken to ensure a better game for us all and those who are not up to the standard are being held accountable.

I am glad you feel that way because it’s unnecessary and so is an apology.....at this point the only thing that is necessary is nailing down the rest of the interaction glitches and bugs plaguing the game and truly locking down a better way to test the games patches.......

Perhaps @mattshotcha could provide more insights as to the rest of your post which has legitimate complaints and concerns and has great questions that I am sure a lot of us would like to know about.

Restore the game to the 1.32 version. its my "temporal"suggestion for this mess (disaster) and meanwhite...work on a fix.

PD: Sorry for my english.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

My question is, when is the next patch going to come out to fix these new issues especially? The game is so incredibly broken right now. Surviving the night is a breeze, even against super shift Jason. Counselors can just dive through windows and get back up immediately and not take any damage. These issues needs fixed asap. 

I’ve ran into several players doing the window dive bug to. More people are figuring out how to do it and the players shouldn’t be to blame for doing it. There’s been a lot of pissed off jasons in lobbies getting mad at counselors for doing it. But how can they be mad when they have a OP shift? And the devs are to blame for this issue not the players... 

Matt announced that a new patch should be out next week to fix the new issues caused by the patch. 

17 minutes ago, Shainto said:

Matt announced that a new patch should be out next week to fix the new issues caused by the patch. 

Where is this announcement?

8 months since I last checked into the game - back in happier times when 40 page threads about whether Reggie should be added as a Counselor in the game was all the rage.

I've tried to play here and there over that time but the game has been nearly dead - taking 20+ minutes sometimes during peak hours on PS4 to actually start a match.  (Sometimes I get a match in only like 5 minutes but damn if there are some weeknights where this game is completely dead and I just give up and play something else).

I see so many posts here that's like "you should be thankful."  No.  They should be thankful so many people bought this barely functional game and lined their bank accounts.  Competence in this industry, or any industry selling a product to the masses, should be required.

I don't feel bad for feeling this way; I still suspect the lawsuit was probably a huge relief when they realized that most of the profits to be had are front-loaded and they had a nice excuse to pretty much cease development and move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Where is this announcement?

He talked about it on tales from the stream today on twitch/mixer

• Thanks 1