16 minutes ago, BradleyMaverick said:

I’m a religious trap setter as a counselor so I gotta say having to sort of double set them sucks. 

I don't double set. Just drop it and then press x.(this is the action for ps4)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Saw someone on a Facebook group reporting that they got on Packanack roof. People were asking for proof, but none had been posted when I was looking. 

I tried on my PS4 getting on the roof in offline bots and I couldn't. Before the patch I could get on it every single time. The prompt did change but the wall broke every time and then the prompt would disappear. I then tried playing QP but with all the wonky bugs it was unplayable and not fun at all. I only played two games but both were Packanack and no roof glitchers. One of them a trap was in the position so they at least tried.

57 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

im a trap kinda guy myself. try waiting until the trap has been placed on the ground a sec then hold A or whatever button.. rather than holding A too early during the placement animation. its been working for me.

Does your counselor just throw it wherever? Because mine (even prior to this most recent update) started just throwing it wherever when she used to be able to set it precisely. 

Did i really just see someone compare a car mechanical problem to a video game?

Tough scene.

While I'm not too keen on the things that suddenly became broken, I'm making the most of it. I trust many others here are trying to do the same.

9 minutes ago, Vlone said:

Tough scene.

Stick around long enough, and you'll see all sorts of comparisons to a video game. Some are more practical than others.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vlone said:

Tough scene.

It was being used as a consumer/product comparison. Totally different products. But totally valid comparison. Here’s a different one then. You go to McDonald’s. You order a cheeseburger. You notice it’s missing the cheese. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the patty. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the bottom bun. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the top bun. And what point do you stop thinking, “Oh boy. I’m so grateful. At least they tried.” And say, “What the fuck is wrong with you? Do your goddamn job and give me what I paid for”???? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just had a match where I hid under the bed, and I came back out without permission(glitch), but this time my head was gone. 

I was a headless woman(Jenny) running away from Jason🤦🏿‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I just had a match where I hid under the bed, and I came back out without permission(glitch), but this time my head was gone. 

Kinda sounds like the out-of-body glitch, but with more decapitation.

• Haha 1

I know numerous people have posted about it, but are you guys sure that doing the R2 animation-cancel negates broken window & fall damage? I've been damaged every time, whether I'm climbing or diving through a broken window or just jumping out a 2nd floor window to see I still take fall damage. I carry a Healing Spray every time I test this and each time I've done it I get the button prompt to use a spray which means I was damaged. I keep testing it further and eventually I go into danger status.

Also I was just in a game where I got locked out of being able to use a heal spray, Jason grabbed me, I used my pocket knife, ran away...and I noticed my pocket knife was still in my inventory. In fact the pocket knife was actually being held in my counselors HAND. I dropped it on the floor, picked it back up, and then it was no longer in his hand...and later on I got to use that pocket knife again. 2-for-1 right there.

EDIT: And I just had a match where I shot Jason with a flare and at the same time he hit me with a knife...and it glitched me. I couldn't drop the flare gun, interact with doors/windows, or heal myself. Swimming in water and stepping in traps didn't fix it. I tried to see if getting grabbed would fix it but I got slashed instead. Game is dumb.

15 minutes ago, Armani? said:

While I’m not a fan of glitches, I’d love to see that one. Saw a Tommy with no arm once but could never recreate it. 

17 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It was being used as a consumer/product comparison. Totally different products. But totally valid comparison. Here’s a different one then. You go to McDonald’s. You order a cheeseburger. You notice it’s missing the cheese. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the patty. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the bottom bun. You take it back. They remake it. Then you notice it’s missing the top bun. And what point do you stop thinking, “Oh boy. I’m so grateful. At least they tried.” And say, “What the fuck is wrong with you? Do your goddamn job and give me what I paid for”???? 

Comparing a car mechanical problem to a game where the devs didn't even code is just stupid. Very bad comparison. Sorry bro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlone said:

Comparing a car mechanical problem to a game where the devs didn't even code is just stupid. Very bad comparison. Sorry bro.

Welcome to camp (do an intro when you get a second, I think you’ll do just fine here.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Melnkl said:

Does your counselor just throw it wherever? Because mine (even prior to this most recent update) started just throwing it wherever when she used to be able to set it precisely. 

how are you placing your traps? do you just drop it like you would with a weapon? or do you place it using the RT/R2 attack button? i never have the problem you are discribing..

7 hours ago, Vlone said:

I get the sense that some of these people probably scream "I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER!" at the waitress and storm out if their order gets even slightly messed up.

Let's keep the bad comparisons going, everybody. Really this whole situation is like an owl that eats too much candy corn......

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Very true, though i believe i already squashed the "Be happy we have a game" argument earlier lol

No, you didn't. I'm still very happy we even have a game to play, and I know I'm not the only one. I'm also confident there are several "backers" that feel that way as well. :)

11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No, you didn't. I'm still very happy we even have a game to play, and I know I'm not the only one. I'm also confident there are several "backers" that feel that way as well. :)

Yes. But I think most of us were “happier” before the engine update. Lol. It’s been downhill since then. I love this game. And that’s why every update is more upsetting. Breaking something else and ruining what joy I still find in it. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I second this statement!

I am a backer and a very happy the game exists and we have a forum to come to and address any and all issues good and back that we have....

Am I disappointed that issues came with the latest patch? Yes, but a mob with pitchforks And calling for the developers heads is absolutely ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yes. But I think most of us were “happier” before the engine update.

I'm not going to argue that point, I totally agree. Gameplay was a lot better pre engine update. I understand why they did it, just wish it would have worked out a lot better than it has, as I'm sure we all do.

But, as @OCT 31 1978 pointed out, jumping down the developers throats because of the mishaps of the patches isn't doing anything good for anyone.

28 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

But, as @OCT 31 1978 pointed out, jumping down the developers throats because of the mishaps of the patches isn't doing anything good for anyone.

If I had the same kind of performance as the F13 dev team with their patches in any other job, I would be unemployed by now.  Why do they get a free pass?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I'm not going to argue that point, I totally agree. Gameplay was a lot better pre engine update. I understand why they did it, just wish it would have worked out a lot better than it has, as I'm sure we all do.

I agree. And I’m guilty of it too. But sometimes the frustration just boils over. Especially when you know how perfect this game could be. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yes. But I think most of us were “happier” before the engine update. Lol. It’s been downhill since then. I love this game. And that’s why every update is more upsetting. Breaking something else and ruining what joy I still find in it. 

The reason I went from playing 2-3 hours a day to 2-3 games every 3 or 4 months was solely the engine "upgrade". 

Lol at people that don't understand what analogies are. Or that you shouldn't complain when things get worse and worse over time whether it's a video game, car repair, burger, etc 

Keep in mind as well that this game would not exist if not for the backers (I'm not one by the way). Gun Media has I'm sure invested plenty of their own capital to make this game. But the IP was gifted to them and the backers raised a huge amount if money. So with those two advantage they managed to make a bug riddled, yet charming masterpiece. Okay, nobody is perfect, but the game was a lot of fun. The problem is over time they've made a lot of whiffs on balance changes and most of the patches have been 1 step forward and 10 or 11 steps back. 

Also, keep in mind that for many people this isn't just a video game. If you play Dead By Daylight you can take two minutes to read the "lore" on The Doctor. Many of us have spent countless hours watching the F13 movies. Many go to horror conventions and meet actors of the franchise. People are invested in Jason Vorhees. So when he gets dick-slapped for the majority of the time this game has been around and the game continues to add bugs, people are rightfully going to be upset.

Yes, I'm thankful Cunningham gave IP to Gun Media. Yes, I'm thankful Gun Media reaches out and started started the crowd funding. Yes, I'm thankful that many people donated to help create this game. Yes, I'm thankful that Gun Media made a flawed but exciting game. With all that though, I can't get past the fact that the game is in a much worse state (my opinion) than it was prior to the engine upgrade. The same engine upgrade that was supposed to alleviate many of the game's issues.

• Like 4

Right, my attention has just been called here and I've been away for a little while.

I see that Matt has reviewed a fair few posts in this thread himself. I'll pick up from this point, so everyone make sure you're checking what you type before you post it. If it doesn't fall within the rules, don't post it.

2 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

If I had the same kind of performance as the F13 dev team with their patches in any other job, I would be unemployed by now.  Why do they get a free pass?

No one is asking for a free pass including the developers. 

You can voice concerns in a constructive manner it never needs to become a derogatory Defamation of character.

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I agree. And I’m guilty of it too. But sometimes the frustration just boils over. Especially when you know how perfect this game could be. 

Definitely agree with you it is very frustrating.

2 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

@The Milwauking Dead - every patch they make breaks something.  They deserve a bit of being raked over the coals if they can't do their jobs.

The new development team working on the game is not the same developers that designed it they have said this last patch was a lager undertaking because it was deep into the code changes that they were attempting to fix.

And from what I hear did fix the roof issues they now need to fix the other issues that popped up with the change.

More testing should definitely be implemented with out value changes or cheats to allow for quick testing they need to out right play the game as it is intended for a month before releasing these patches.

Yes, the patch has brought new issues as they all seem to........the developers don’t need raked over coals.

( All prior patches that have gone down this negative road only lead to a toxic community environment..... this won’t get the issues fixed any faster.)

.....it seems they need even more support from the community to help identify the issues that need fixed with the game we all love and want to see in as close to a bug free place.

• Thanks 1