On 7/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, JGuac said:

Wait so enviormental kills work again?

Not for me

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

look at some of the videos, that is not what is happening, stop with the lag line, its not what the players are experiencing, and its a pretty dang vital issue, its a core gameplay mechanic 

You see how when Jenny goes to lock the door, Jason is interacting with it on the other side?

This is 100% what I described. The lag and latency aspect of it is only in reference to how large a window of time it is possible to recreate the behavior.

This thread is for discussions on the patch notes, issues with the patch, and other player issues in game since the patch. From here out, arguing an opinion on how much the team cares or how lazy they are or any other off topic comments are going to receive warnings and be hidden.

Let the people who are trying to provide info on an issue do that without a log jam of opinions and hostility. And if you're only in this thread to drag us, go on and do so in a new thread, and we'll address whether each one of those threads has a valid place in the forums and whether they are breaking any of the forum rules. But this rampant off topic back and forth is getting in the way of actual discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

You see how when Jenny goes to lock the door, Jason is interacting with it on the other side?

This is 100% what I described. The lag and latency aspect of it is only in reference to how large a window of time it is possible to recreate the behavior.

This thread is for discussions on the patch notes, issues with the patch, and other player issues in game since the patch. From here out, arguing an opinion on how much the team cares or how lazy they are or any other off topic comments are going to receive warnings and be hidden.

Let the people who are trying to provide info on an issue do that without a log jam of opinions and hostility. And if you're only in this thread to drag us, go on and do so in a new thread, and we'll address whether each one of those threads has a valid place in the forums and whether they are breaking any of the forum rules. But this rampant off topic back and forth is getting in the way of actual discussion.

Can you please reply back to my thread I started then? It’s in suggestions/feedback. Overview of all game issues. 

I’m trying to list every problem the game has. So instead of you reading a bunch of scrambled issues on multiple pages it will all be on one page. Easier to read and address that way. I’m spending a lot of my own time with that thread to make your guys’ lives easier at GUN to know what problems the game has. I hope it gets looked at and addressed.....And you have to understand why people are upset.. we continue to get patches released that break the game more as time goes. If you brought your car to a mechanic shop that fixed one thing but broke 3 other things you wouldn’t be happy and probably wouldn’t be the nicest to them either. Same thing here. Honest truth. Fix the game and everyone will be happy. Break the game people will continue to be upset

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

If you brought your car to a mechanic shop that fixed one thing but broke 3 other things you wouldn’t be happy and probably wouldn’t be the nicest to them either. Same thing here. 

Not the same at all, please don’t make bad arguments it’s beneath you. 

Be constructive in your feedback so we can get things fixed.

1 minute ago, Victim#1 said:

I heard this place has a reputation of deleting people posts. Are you saying members can start a complaint thread and then come back to find y'all have deleted it? That's what it sounds like to me. The only opinions I delete are the ones that are true and make me look bad.

It’s their forum if you don’t like how they run their house, go post on your own. Mods exist for just this reason, to moderate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s their forum if you don’t like how they run their house, go post on your own. Mods exist for just this reason, to moderate.

tbh i don't think you quoting and posting the same thing isnt helping much, and isn't really on topic

2 minutes ago, Victim#1 said:

I'm sorry. You're right. 

Thank you

Are you a mod??

Nope, just a recovering asshole. If you have something on topic that would be awesome.

@2moar, would you rather I tag people? Just expressing my opinion like everyone else, counterbalancing some of the negative.

To the thread, I should say...

Thank you to everyone who’s been posting constructive feedback, it’s appreciated. Special thanks to those reporting things to jasonkillsbugs.com

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I made an entire thread listing all issues the game has in suggestions/feedback to give the devs an easy time seeing what’s wrong with the game. If anything I’m being very constructive with my feedback.. I’m putting in a great deal of time to help the devs with the games issues on that thread.... Probably a lot more than anyone else on this forum.

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Can you please reply back to my thread I started then? It’s in suggestions/feedback. Overview of all game issues. 

I’m trying to list every problem the game has. So instead of you reading a bunch of scrambled issues on multiple pages it will all be on one page. Easier to read and address that way. And you have to understand why people are upset.. we continue to get patches released that break the game more as time goes. If you brought your car to a mechanic shop that fixed one thing but broke 3 other things you wouldn’t be happy and probably wouldn’t be the nicest to them either. Same thing here. Honest truth. Fix the game and everyone will be happy. Break the game people will continue to be upset

Yes, absolutely and I appreciate the extra leg work in compiling. I completely understand why folks are upset, I take no issue with being upset. But I have a job to do that is also exponentially more difficult on days like this, so the constant straying off topic is making the posts with reports harder to source, harder to report to the team, and harder to surface among the "you're lazy" nonsense. I'm not asking you to high five me and buy me a beer, I'm just asking that you recognize that clogging this thread up with drags on the whole team is actually making it more difficult for me to do what I need to do to try and get things on track. 

The mechanic analogy is a poor analogy, but I get what you're saying and again, I'm not expecting you all to not be upset. But I have work to do in this thread.

I also would point out, again, since it is starting to seem like people are even missing my posts, or just willfully glossing over them in order to rile others up: The last patch was NOT by ANY accounts a "basic" or "normal" patch. We have expressed the resistance to dig through that underlying code before, due to the high probability of unearthing things in it that take a long time to sort through and are extremely tricky when it's not the team that wrote it that is working it. So the roof issue would not go away. One interaction here, another interaction there. Instead of playing whack a mole for who knows how long, we decided after the last patch that it was time to go to the bottom of that pit and start cleaning out house as far as the interaction system is concerned. What we're seeing that has been busted since, save for the Abilities for Jason which we suspect was a simple value change that didn't get reverted, is all interaction things. The doors, the windows, etc. There is obviously some more digging and rooting around to do, but we have a SOLID jumping off point because now the team that is maintaining is the team that tweaked that system last.

TL:DR We rewired a major system in the game, and there are now areas of that system that are having some ripple effect issues. But we're in a better position to sort it out, since we have all the data from the team that last touched it.

7 minutes ago, Victim#1 said:

I heard this place has a reputation of deleting people posts. Are you saying members can start a complaint thread and then come back to find y'all have deleted it? That's what it sounds like to me. The only opinions I delete are the ones that are true and make me look bad.

You can start a complaint thread and as long as it is within the forum rules it will stay where it is. Start a thread cussing us out and it will not stay there very long. This isn't anything new and fresh on the internet. It's user rules and they exist.

And if you only delete the opinions that are true and make you look bad, that's on you, my friend. I'm ok with criticism. But we can all criticize without breaking the forum rules.

Now, again, please, let's get back on track.

5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Yes, absolutely and I appreciate the extra leg work in compiling. I completely understand why folks are upset, I take no issue with being upset. But I have a job to do that is also exponentially more difficult on days like this, so the constant straying off topic is making the posts with reports harder to source, harder to report to the team, and harder to surface among the "you're lazy" nonsense. I'm not asking you to high five me and buy me a beer, I'm just asking that you recognize that clogging this thread up with drags on the whole team is actually making it more difficult for me to do what I need to do to try and get things on track. 

The mechanic analogy is a poor analogy, but I get what you're saying and again, I'm not expecting you all to not be upset. But I have work to do in this thread.

I also would point out, again, since it is starting to seem like people are even missing my posts, or just willfully glossing over them in order to rile others up: The last patch was NOT by ANY accounts a "basic" or "normal" patch. We have expressed the resistance to dig through that underlying code before, due to the high probability of unearthing things in it that take a long time to sort through and are extremely tricky when it's not the team that wrote it that is working it. So the roof issue would not go away. One interaction here, another interaction there. Instead of playing whack a mole for who knows how long, we decided after the last patch that it was time to go to the bottom of that pit and start cleaning out house as far as the interaction system is concerned. What we're seeing that has been busted since, save for the Abilities for Jason which we suspect was a simple value change that didn't get reverted, is all interaction things. The doors, the windows, etc. There is obviously some more digging and rooting around to do, but we have a SOLID jumping off point because now the team that is maintaining is the team that tweaked that system last.

TL:DR We rewired a major system in the game, and there are now areas of that system that are having some ripple effect issues. But we're in a better position to sort it out, since we have all the data from the team that last touched itRk.

Okay I hear what you’re saying. From this point on I’ll stick strictly to discussing problems the game has in my other thread. Every time I encounter a new problem I will have it posted in the original 1st post and have it all listed out for you guys. 

P.s. perhaps when/if the game gets close to at least 90% bug free instead of just a beer...... I’ll buy a whole entire keg or 3 for all of camp. Party our asses off at the campfire for finally having a fixed f13 game. Lol.... Until then, there is a lot of work to do 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Support is combing through this now!

You're welcome, forever and always!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:23 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Reports coming in.Jason got unintended buffs at least some of them did .I don't play console but getting info on Facebook. Seems sense and shift are activating at the same time and faster plus faster recharge.

Just had first game since the patch played as Jason lucky me. Shift and sense become available at the same time and the cool down is very quick. Handy for chasing Vanessa players. 

Another thing I noticed if you are idle for too long it will say you will be kicked from the game in 60 seconds. Which is handy for those people not really playing but their character is in the game. Music seems better and more effects as well. 

• Thanks 1

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news but one person is claiming the roof glitch is NOT fixed. Trying to confirm this claim but if true time to remove this patch entirely if possible.

27 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news but one person is claiming the roof glitch is NOT fixed. Trying to confirm this claim but if true time to remove this patch entirely if possible.

They won’t ever roll a patch back as too much work goes into it especially this last one.

please confirm about the roof as this is definitely a point of concern.

5 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Saw someone on a Facebook group reporting that they got on Packanack roof. People were asking for proof, but none had been posted when I was looking. 

My info is kind of sketchy at best someone on the Steam forums said another person posted a picture on Guns Twitter.I don't have Twitter.

I don’t think they’re telling the truth about getting on the roof. A friend and I tested the bear trap slingshot method and it didn’t work. Unless these damn glitchers found a new way up on the roof I’d say they’re lying. 

On my mobile so forgive me for a brief reply. 

Saw the one image on our brand socials but it was posted as the patch was rolling out, so I don’t put a lot of faith in it being a new screenshot, post patch.

We’ve been monitoring and haven’t seen a roof screenshot since.

@mattshotcha Just had the match with the door glitch myself.

I tried locking it while Jason tried opening it.

Jason can open the door but after that you can't interact with the door again, it glitches out with the door being wide open, but it saying it's locked.

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

@mattshotcha Just had the match with the door glitch myself.

I tried locking it while Jason tried opening it.

Jason can open the door but after that you can't interact with the door again, it glitches out with the door being wide open, but it saying it's locked.

Yeah, the team is going to have to look into this further. The window of opportunity being dependent on connection is still the case, but at this point I would say that window has definitely become big enough with less connection based deviation that we’ll need to investigate.

Posted (edited)

I'm sure everyone's aware of the first thing I'm going to put on this list...

1) Counselor's don't have enough time to lock the door because of Jason's short shift ability. On the other note, I am now convinced that the barricaded door is a ping issue and connectivity related. I was Jason opening a door with someone who possibly could've been locking it, but it was fine. (Peep this according to @mattshotcha's previous reply)

2) I got a Connection timed out! error and my game bugged at just 52ms. Biggest and longest delay of my life. I tried doing things, but couldn't! View here.

3) A game started, but ended the match as soon as it started, claiming everyone was spectating Jason. Then I got off, because it kinda annoyed me, but I'll be getting back on later. View here.

Edited by Nathan5226

The environment kills only glitch if you're moving around. When I stand still and do them they seem to work just fine. Not ideal but not a big issue to overcome. If you're Jason you just get extra XP and if you're a survivor you might as well just let Jason try to kill you or maybe get some extra playing time out of it but they do work as long as you're immobile. My bigger issue is not having full lobbies or taking forever to even find one person to play with, I'm on PS4 so it might be their network but yesterday the 30th and today it's been tough getting full lobbies. I'm talking like 4-5 minutes to even start or join a lobby. It sucks but honestly it's not as bad as people make it seem. Jason is just tougher to go against which imo is how it should be. 

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

TL:DR We rewired a major system in the game, and there are now areas of that system that are having some ripple effect issues. But we're in a better position to sort it out, since we have all the data from the team that last touched it.

You can start a complaint thread and as long as it is within the forum rules it will stay where it is. Start a thread cussing us out and it will not stay there very long. This isn't anything new and fresh on the internet. It's user rules and they exist.

And if you only delete the opinions that are true and make you look bad, that's on you, my friend. I'm ok with criticism. But we can all criticize without breaking the forum rules.

Now, again, please, let's get back on track.

Guys, they know they fucked things up (...again) but they're at least trying to make needed corrections and resolve the issues we're having. Can't we be patient a little bit longer? I know how that sounds coming from me, but ultimately, don't we all want the same thing (a game free of bugs and glitches)? 

1 minute ago, BradleyMaverick said:

I’m a religious trap setter as a counselor so I gotta say having to sort of double set them sucks. 

im a trap kinda guy myself. try waiting until the trap has been placed on the ground a sec then hold A or whatever button.. rather than holding A too early during the placement animation. its been working for me.

• Like 1