Sign in to follow this  
Slasher_Clone

The Blackout Club

Hello fellow campers, a new asymmetrical horror game has just been released on PC, Xbox and PS4. It has a bunch of new and unique mechanics. A.I. bad guys and an interesting Stalker system that lets you invade other players games and mess with them. 

I still love Friday but maybe there’s room for another game in some of your rotations. 

• Like 1

I heard of this game sometime last year. Were they in early access for a bit or something? The person I heard it from was playing it, but said it was kinda childish, not really scary, but who knows it may have changed a bunch since. 

On 7/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

I heard of this game sometime last year. Were they in early access for a bit or something? The person I heard it from was playing it, but said it was kinda childish, not really scary, but who knows it may have changed a bunch since. 

Yeah it was going through all it’s beta stuff on steam. 

It’s definitely more a mystery than a horror but the horror elements are present. You play a teen/young adult, everyone in your town is either a sleepwalker or a Lucid who wants to capture you and brainwash you. The Shape is the main bad guy and he’s invisible unless you close your eyes. There’s fight back mechanics and parkour, it’s got nice enough graphics and decent controls. 

I’m enjoying it so far just finished the tutorial, which is about half an hour of fun. 

The map is divided into sections you unlock as you level up, but even the first section is huge. 10 - 12 houses with a long street and cliff side drop. Underneath it is a huge set of catacombs accessed from the garages of the houses. 

4 different sets of abilities for you to unlock and progress through the 4 or 5 levels of. I think you only get one but can switch it if you don’t like want you end up with. Takedown (combat), hacker (world manipulation), unstoppable (which is running), drone (recon). Along with up to 4 minor powers that are kinda like perks and help make it more personalized. 

Build your own survivor appearance, clothes, gender, hair, eyes and skin. Select a hero item taser, grappling hook or hand crossbow. 

So far I’m having a blast. 

Haven’t seen a bug yet, just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Thanks for pointing this one out @Slasher_Clone. I think I'll take a look into it.

It’s a bit addictive, my only real complaint is the store is kinda barren right now. There just isn’t the selection I want, it will resolve itself in time I’m sure. There’s a sale item every day too, so maybe I’ll get lucky. There’s two kids who just hang out that always look different but they show off a lot more items that will be coming.

The coolest thing I’ve found is you can play online matches completely solo, they’re hard but you can do it if you take your time and don’t panic. Some are obviously much harder and if you get the Shape after you, you can’t be rescued if caught by him and it’s game over.

It seems lost matches are just blackouts although it isn’t made clear in the story at this point. 

Stungun is basically a PK that recharges and is the best starting or solo weapon as it lets you break out of grabs without taking damage. The crossbow is probably the most tempting but ammo is hard to come by even when running the ‘lucky loot’ minor power (perk). The grappling hook will be useful to a team but only if the person using it knows the maps, so I see it as advanced gear. 

The Major powers do a good job of specializing the team rolls, the drone power is the weakest currently but has great potential when we have a skilled player base, it’s advanced gear too. I can’t tell which other major is best as they all focus a play style, you can tank and subdue, hack and avoid, or just run and brush it all off. Runners or the ‘unstoppable’ need to be good at stealth to break off and not generate to much sin, or they’ll only be running from the Shape. I like being a runner but see the value in the Hacker tree as well, it allows much easier movement around the maze and can distract pursuers. Hacking is probably the most beneficial but it can bring the Shape and I want to solo sometimes. The last is ‘takedown’ and it will make the fight club players very happy, it has one of the most powerful abilities, you can subdue and keep one enemy out of the way and switch it to another as needed, you still have to take them down but still, it’s OP. 

Play the tutorial it’s a good little story and all the game lore involves it. 

And Thanks, I’ve been waiting for it for awhile and having it on the same day for all (pc and console) is the greatest sign the devs could give me. Consoles are always so far behind but are needed for a game like this to see any lasting success. I haven’t gotten to check out the Stalker system yet but there’s leaderboards for regular play and Stalker and you get prizes, so I’m looking forward to getting my chance.

Really can’t recommend this game enough, the story is developing as we go and things are already changing based on player interaction. 

The publishers at Question are on a hiring spree and while the player base is small we seem to be growing steadily. 

Also Stalker game play is amazing, it’s 1v4 with the 4 having almost all the advantage but once you learn some tricks you can really fuck with them by using quick use items and the NPC’s. Catching Stalkers is equally rewarding, and with every one captured you receive an opportunity to be one your self (all team members get a dossier which allows you to be a Stalker, so really with every one captured up to 4 players get the opportunity). 

I don’t know what they have planned for the future but I’ve got quite a list of ideas I’m writing up, hope to see some of you in Redacre soon. 

@Slasher_Clone @Fair Play @badassgixxer05

I purchased The Blackout Club on Xbox One X.

100% on all achievements and ranked 1st for the high score for stalker pvp mode for this week.

Only the top 50 are listed.

At the end of the week the top players get some unique rewards. Leaderboard gets reset each week.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag7DYElo7LqrjF3iAVyXzCeB131F

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, I keep getting bumped down out of top three during the weekend. How’s the jacket? Personally I love my SAO shirt. I love the leaderboards, it’s a great feature. 

If anyone joins on PS4 send me an invite, always looking for people to explore Redacre with. 

@Slasher_Clone

Got the top stalker jacket for rank 1. The game is fun. Worth the money.

Able to speed run areas as you memorize the map layout.

Hope it gets added to gamepass to boost the playerbase.

I use the cell phone prank caller class perk. Stun gun.

The Shape can be on you faster than Jason with morph and shift lol.

Intense chases if you need to loop the shape.

The good thing is it only chases 1 target at a time based on how many sins happened.

• Like 1