Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Perks you should take to the barn and shoot

My current list of garbage perks

aquanaut, adrenaline rush, controlled breathing, easy listening, escape artist, friendship, grinder, heavy hitter, heavy mover, heavy sleeper, ice cold,  man at arms, pyro, quiet swimmer, tinker, and teamwork. 

All of these perks give barely any benefit and could be more useful. 

I could see heavy hitter, man at arms, and tinker being really useful perks but heavy hitter and man at arms % needs to be upped a lot to actually make a difference. Right now they don’t do shit. Tinker does the complete opposite it should do. + repair speed makes it harder to get flawless checks. - reduced repair speed would actually benefit more. Or tinker should just give counselors less skill checks to do. 

I use tinker and Friendship a lot. Tinker helps tremendously actually, I have a legendary and I use it on Jenny with then yes dear build sometimes, but I normally use it on dumber counselours to help out, Bc wether I’m Vanessa or not I won’t hesitate to atleast this try and do some repairs if I’m alone.  

Friendship is is really good if you’re planning on killing Jason, to have that on with a machete and a friend or two around will take the mask off really quick.

10 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

I use tinker and Friendship a lot. Tinker helps tremendously actually, I have a legendary and I use it on Jenny with then yes dear build sometimes, but I normally use it on dumber counselours to help out, Bc wether I’m Vanessa or not I won’t hesitate to atleast this try and do some repairs if I’m alone.  

Friendship is is really good if you’re planning on killing Jason, to have that on with a machete and a friend or two around will take the mask off really quick.

Friendship....? Replace that with slugger or thrasher. Much more damage dealt. No sense in using friendship over one of those.... 

when you use tinker do you mess up a lot of skill checks?

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Friendship....? Replace that with slugger or thrasher. Much more damage dealt. No sense in using friendship over one of those.... 

when you use tinker do you mess up a lot of skill checks?

I use friendship mainly because I play with friends, And we’re basically always grouped up, so it allows me to get a good damage bonus without spending too many perk slots.

I can repair normally as Vanessa or Tiffany normally without messing up, so tinker helps, but if need be, I won’t use it always.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

My current list of garbage perks

aquanaut, adrenaline rush, controlled breathing, easy listening, escape artist, friendship, grinder, heavy hitter, heavy mover, heavy sleeper, ice cold,  man at arms, pyro, quiet swimmer, tinker, and teamwork. 

All of these perks give barely any benefit and could be more useful. 

I could see heavy hitter, man at arms, and tinker being really useful perks but heavy hitter and man at arms % needs to be upped a lot to actually make a difference. Right now they don’t do shit. Tinker does the complete opposite it should do. + repair speed makes it harder to get flawless checks. - reduced repair speed would actually benefit more. Or tinker should just give counselors less skill checks to do. 

In my time rolling perks... Legendary Aquanaut seems to be the most common legendary perk... and it is garbage in my opinion.
   Escape artist works fine for counselors that can break out of the grip quickly already... but anytime you break free to quickly, the next time you get grabbed you will be head punched or choked... or just slashed down. Not all Jason players only use quick kills on every player all the time. But this perk only helps if the Jason player is not using choke or head punch on everybody... and chances are, it will only help you once. Those quick breakouts are always dealt with differently on the second grab.
    Friendship is far more overpowered than many people think... but you need to have other counselors around you. For players that group up together, this has the largest potential bonus to damage already, now add in thrasher, slugger and pick up an axe... and it is a one shot demasking for pretty much any counselor... as long as they are in a group.
    Heavy hitter will give you enough stun time to get the car started and moving again... You may now escape without Jason being able to catch you, he just used his morph and shift to stop you a few seconds ago. When timed out properly, this will also give you enough time to get the call off to the cops as well. More useful than you may think.
    Teamwork has a huge fear reduction bonus when you are in a group as well... also very useful, but only to those who group up.

Too much of an increase on Man at Arms and Chad will never need to pick up another weapon beyond his first. It does very little for low luck counselors, but for high luck... it is already more than enough of a bonus.
    Heavy hitter would not need much more of a bonus as it stands to make damned sure you get that call off to the cops every time... with one stun and give Jason zero chance to stop it. That throws balance to the wind.
    If you add up the sense avoidance perks, they come to a fairly large bonus when three are used. Giving more of a bonus to any of these will lead to a lot of players hiding on the edges of the maps and rarely being found except through sheer luck... which makes for a boring game for all. Perks are meant to help counselors, not do their job for them.

You have a good point about tinker. Making the repair faster does make it more difficult for most of us... and it was suggested to reduce speed a bit to make it easier... also suggested were larger windows in the mini game to give you a bit more of a chance to get a flawless repair... and I think fewer repair windows was also suggested... but that would leave high repair counselors with only one button to finish a repair. They are quick enough already.

I must agree that Aquanaut should be taken out to the barn and shot... or perhaps a drowning would be more fitting for that one. 

17 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

I use friendship mainly because I play with friends, And we’re basically always grouped up, so it allows me to get a good damage bonus without spending too many perk slots.

I can repair normally as Vanessa or Tiffany normally without messing up, so tinker helps, but if need be, I won’t use it always.

Ig I just don’t see much use for it. Even slugger/thrasher I think is overkill. Since it’s already easy de masking Jason I don’t see any point in making it a cake walk. I want to have to work a little bit for the de mask.

14 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Escape artist works fine for counselors that can break out of the grip quickly already... but anytime you break free to quickly, the next time you get grabbed you will be head punched or choked... or just slashed down. Not all Jason players only use quick kills on every player all the time. But this perk only helps if the Jason player is not using choke or head punch on everybody... and chances are, it will only help you once. Those quick breakouts are always dealt with differently on the second grab.

yeah good point, but very rare to escape his grip. Most Jason’s are smart enough to know who breaks free faster than others. 
    Friendship is far more overpowered than many people think... but you need to have other counselors around you. For players that group up together, this has the largest potential bonus to damage already, now add in thrasher, slugger and pick up an axe... and it is a one shot demasking for pretty much any counselor... as long as they are in a group.

Ive never found a use for it when slugger/thrasher will deal more damage. But I don’t find much use for the damage towards Jason perks anyways. 

Heavy hitter will give you enough stun time to get the car started and moving again... You may now escape without Jason being able to catch you, he just used his morph and shift to stop you a few seconds ago. When timed out properly, this will also give you enough time to get the call off to the cops as well. More useful than you may think.

i actually tested heavy hitter...... made 0 difference literally added no stun time. 
    Teamwork has a huge fear reduction bonus when you are in a group as well... also very useful, but only to those who group up.

all it takes is Jason to kill off some counselors and eventually when you’re alone.... it’s worthless. NOS/preparedness is much better for fear reduction. 

Too much of an increase on Man at Arms and Chad will never need to pick up another weapon beyond his first. It does very little for low luck counselors, but for high luck... it is already more than enough of a bonus.

i guess chad could turn into a hero and keep saving people from Jason’s grab without worry of weapon breaking lol but I’ve tested man at arms on Tiffany. Did nothing. Also @mike-hannigan tested this on chad I’m pretty sure. Thought he reported back wrench did 1 extra hit, and bat/axe 0 extra hits. That isn’t enough extra hits to be worth a slot. 
    Heavy hitter would not need much more of a bonus as it stands to make damned sure you get that call off to the cops every time... with one stun and give Jason zero chance to stop it. That throws balance to the wind.

stun time went up 0 seconds on my test. 
    If you add up the sense avoidance perks, they come to a fairly large bonus when three are used. Giving more of a bonus to any of these will lead to a lot of players hiding on the edges of the maps and rarely being found except through sheer luck... which makes for a boring game for all. Perks are meant to help counselors, not do their job for them.
I think sense avoidance perks are fine right now as well. 
    You have a good point about tinker. Making the repair faster does make it more difficult for most of us... and it was suggested to reduce speed a bit to make it easier... also suggested were larger windows in the mini game to give you a bit more of a chance to get a flawless repair... and I think fewer repair windows was also suggested... but that would leave high repair counselors with only one button to finish a repair. They are quick enough already.

yep tinker has never helped me.... would be nice to give my Tiffany an easier time not messing up skill checks. Also it’s a reason why I run speed demon from time to time. I like the -repair speed on it. 

I must agree that Aquanaut should be taken out to the barn and shot... or perhaps a drowning would be more fitting for that one. 

Lol yes

@DontZzz34 Yep I tested an epic +15% man at arms on Chad and basically gave the wrench and axe an additional hit, bat doesn't get any. Also as far as I know Man At Arms only works on Chad/Tommy. Other counselors have very low luck to get an additional melee weapon hit with it. (Haven't tested this further since nobody for private games test with).

I'd like to add some more perks to the "to shoot in the barn" list and these are:

Evasion, Ice Cold, Lone wolf and Potent Ranger and Pyro. Maybe Firecrackers too.

I actually survived using a legendary Heavy Sleeper once but the caveat was it was against a - sense Jason .

8 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

@DontZzz34 Yep I tested an epic +15% man at arms on Chad and basically gave the wrench and axe an additional hit, bat doesn't get any. Also as far as I know Man At Arms only works on Chad/Tommy. Other counselors have very low luck to get an additional melee weapon hit with it. (Haven't tested this further since nobody for private games test with).

I'd like to add some more perks to the "to shoot in the barn" list and these are:

Evasion, Ice Cold, Lone wolf and Potent Ranger and Pyro. Maybe Firecrackers too.

Yeah one extra hit is horrible lol

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I actually survived using a legendary Heavy Sleeper once but the caveat was it was against a - sense Jason .

That Jason would’ve found you if they would’ve spammed sense.

Potent Ranger is probably the most worthless in that long list of stupid, worthless perks.

Some others may be stupider (Easy Listening), but in terms of usefulness, Potent Ranger just isn't even necessary.  Your chances of coming back as Tommy are small, and by the time Tommy comes back, coupled with his strength stat, Jason's mask may already be off or it's off within 1-2 hits anyway.  

It's like they came up with perks without any regard for how their own game actually played.

• Like 1

Right??!?

easy fucking listening???  I’m hoping it was a joke. Along w the swimming perks. I’ve gotten legendary for both and sold them back wo hesitation 3x for for easy listening. Escape artist is ok for jenny and adam and mr perfect of course but I just use NOS which as a Jason spawner thinks it should be taken to the barn and  tortured.    

Any of the sense avoidance/composure perks.

By the time rage rolls around all of those perks are absolutely useless. 

Heavy sleeper might be the most useless perk. 

21 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

yeah good point, but very rare to escape his grip. Most Jason’s are smart enough to know who breaks free faster than others. 

That depends on the Jason player. Some of us do not like to use choke or head punch unless necessary. This perk can help, but like I said... most Jason players will slash, or choke or head punch you after seeing you break out of the grip so quick. If you do break out, he still has to catch you again... situational but still can be useful.

Ive never found a use for it when slugger/thrasher will deal more damage. But I don’t find much use for the damage towards Jason perks anyways. 

I do not have a use for the damage perks at all, but many others like them. Ever had your mask taken off in one shot by Vanessa?... These perks make it possible... for more than just Bugsy or Tommy to one shot your mask at least... but maybe not for Vanessa.

i actually tested heavy hitter...... made 0 difference literally added no stun time. 

I have had heavy hitter tested on me... and I notice the difference in stun time... although this has not happened recently. As I said, a properly timed stun with this WILL get the car moving or the cops called. That extra second or three is often enough to do it... Situational still, like every other perk... Even medic and thick skin are situational... if Jason grabs you and uses ANY kill... you die as quick as ANY other counselor.

all it takes is Jason to kill off some counselors and eventually when you’re alone.... it’s worthless. NOS/preparedness is much better for fear reduction. 

I agree, N.O.S. and Preparedness are better... but I do not group up with others. Those that do like to group up will find this to be better... Not falling into fear while fighting Jason in a group is a big help... Stumbles are a killer to all counselors once they start happening.

i guess chad could turn into a hero and keep saving people from Jason’s grab without worry of weapon breaking lol but I’ve tested man at arms on Tiffany. Did nothing.

If the perks actually gave the bonuses that are stated, then a 20% bonus would give someone with ten hits... two extra hits... While still at a 20% bonus, ANYONE with less than five hits will NOT get an extra hit at all... the bonus still does not add up to one when the under five.... And really, Chad and Tommy get more than enough hits with one weapon already. The same applies to a 10% bonus to stun time... you would need a full ten seconds of stun time to get an extra second with a 10% bonus. I have noticed a difference in stun times from people using heavy hitter many times... it is obvious when you are being used as a piñata by four players, and only one is using this perk... But as I said, I have not noticed this recently at all.

22 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think sense avoidance perks are fine right now as well. 

Many people do not agree with this... but I think they are fine as well. Some people will not be happy about sense avoidance perks until they have 100% bonus on each perk.

22 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

yep tinker has never helped me.... would be nice to give my Tiffany an easier time not messing up skill checks. Also it’s a reason why I run speed demon from time to time. I like the -repair speed on it.

Although slowing down the repair speed would help low repair counselors get flawless repairs more often, to me the glacial speed repairs are a hinderance... it just takes too long. But I think many would find it useful still... Just because a glacier moves faster than Jenny's repair speed, does not mean she cannot repair stuff... it will just take her a while.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Any of the sense avoidance/composure perks.

By the time rage rolls around all of those perks are absolutely useless. 

Heavy sleeper might be the most useless perk. 

Sense avoidance perks work fine... they are not meant to allow you to hide for the entire match undetected.
   When used to complete objectives early, they lead to early escapes. Many Jason players do not even know that someone using sense avoidance perks escaped... unless you go after the car and are close enough to see that counselor in the car is not lit up with sense and it gets away... If you are too far, and they are not driving... you will never even know there was someone with sense avoidance perks in the car.
   When a Jason player sees a player using these perks nearby and they are not lit up, they just became a priority target... and they run... giving off sound pings... Even after getting into a cabin and out of your sight... when they leave through another window, they run... sound pings are the bane of sense avoidance. It does not work well on a counselor like Vanessa who is stomping around with squeaky shoes.
   Sense spam... sure... eventually you will see them if you spam sense... IF they are within range of sense... But how do you know what part of the map they are on without sound pings. How much time are you willing to spend at ANY given spot spamming sense? Patient players can be very hard to find with these perks. Jason can spam sense all he wants in one area, but that is no guarantee that counselor if even in range of sense... without a sound ping to go by, Jason is guessing... and even in rage, sense only has so large of a range.